Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by thokennedy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

Just picked this game up - really liking it.
My only one gripe with the rules is how easy it is to start triball (by the 3rd ball it pretty much gives it to you). When I have Star Wars I could change the setting for it to not spot letters each ball...however, the settings on this game don't seem to change anything.
Anyone know how to make getting multiball harder?

#2 13 years ago

Isn't Tri-ball on the third ball a given in all Data East and Sega games? I think all of their games have this 'feature'. Not sure if you can disable this behavior.

#3 13 years ago

Yeah seems to be a trend...but on Star Wars you could set it so nothing was spotted and you actaully had to earn it.

#4 13 years ago

Of the DE games I've owned, I haven't ran into one that doesn't pretty much hand you multiball on the last ball. Yeah, you still have to make the shot, but the shot is ready and waiting on the third ball. I haven't looked for a way to make it harder though.

#5 13 years ago

On Laser War, you have to earn a multiple ball. It doesn't give you any help. It's not that difficult to get multiple ball, but it's not a given

#6 13 years ago

eh, oh well. At least the animations during triball are really sweet on this game...zombies and chainsaws!

#7 13 years ago

Tommy is the exact same way, and there is no adjustment in the menu to compensate for it.

#8 13 years ago

Data East has really grown on me as a manufacturer. They had a period (1992-1994) where they were just cranking out some excellent games.

#9 13 years ago

Data East has really grown on me as a manufacturer.

Same here - they have some underrated games for sure.

#10 13 years ago

I have a spot for DE games myself. They are underrated, pretty simple to work on, and generally on the inexpensive side. I'd like to play Time Machine, Checkpoint, and TFTC at some point.

That being said, DE SW will be my first game to leave when I need room. JP is going to stay though, probably for a long time.

#11 13 years ago

Stangbat, where you at? When I get my TFTC next week, you can come over and play mine. I'll be administering butt whoopings nightly! LOL
€:-{}

#12 13 years ago

Yeah, the early nineties were great for Data East. We actually just got Rocky & Bullwinkle in our gameroom and that's a blast to play too! highly recommended!

#13 13 years ago

I've never had a chance to play R&B or Tommy - I never see those for sale.

#14 13 years ago

If you want more of a challenge try Sega Frankenstien. It's one of the first Sega games made after they took over DE. I always count it as a DE game except for the badge.
It has a superb rule set so is a pleasure to own. Loads of depth and 2 multiball modes, one is very challenging to complete. Many of the modes are big challenges in themselves.
TFTC is also tough to complete.

#15 13 years ago

I've have, and only have, a DE star wars and TFTC at my place now. It's true, you cannot change the multiball settings on the TFTC like you can on the Stars Wars. It's a shame as i really like having to "earn" the multiball rather than it being given to you.

That's my only grievance with TFTC. I do love the game though. The right ramp is a bugger to get!

#16 13 years ago

juleshoddy - isn't it even more annoying that the setting is there? it just doesn't change anything. I have to double check, but it MAY change which shots can start multiball. the crypt and center shot always do, but when I was messing around with it the right orbit shot was starting it too. Then later I did something and it wasn't anymore. Do you know for sure?

Same here, thats my only compliant, and thats saying alot because I'm picky about rules. Ok I have other small compliants (why is there rats, goblins, ect in front of the left ramp but the dmd only shows bats?).

#17 13 years ago

the right orbits never started MB on mine? Def the center shot does though.

Yeh, i know what you mean about the bat animation. he's cool enough though. The animations in general are great - The despectacled dude getting his head chopped off, the scared to death anim, the electric chair, the unwinding mummy head, the human / werewolf transformation.... There's plenty of great stuff in the machine, so i forgive them on the rats and the goblins!

It would be lovely if my star wars had the quality of the TFTC animations, and speeder mode finished!! Bring on the future ROM modders !! *nudge, nudge*

#18 13 years ago

I couldn't agree more - I was just writing my review and I had to note that the animations are great...I'm always loosing balls looking at the screen saying 'thats sick!'

I know, I had STAR WARS for a long time...did you check out the rules guide I wrote for it? I always hoped that they would finish that speeder mode and give more use to that shifter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 15.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

Boards
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.