Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Djshakes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4745 (resized).JPG
IMG_4744 (resized).JPG
IMG_4743 (resized).JPG
2012-02-29_12-47-52_110.jpg
2012-02-29_12-47-32_131.jpg
2012-02-29_12-47-24_290.jpg
2012-02-29_12-31-14_891.jpg
2012-02-29_12-30-41_406.jpg
Screen_shot_2012-02-20_at_2.46.50_PM.png
TFTC.jpg

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 months ago

Necro bump. Is it possible to get hold of these two plastics again?

Bought a TFTC and my top plastic is missing and the bottom is there but a bit busted.

#52 10 months ago

I'd buy some if another batch was made...

#53 10 months ago

Unfortunately the mom and pop shop that made these for me went out of business.

#54 10 months ago

Is there any source material available? So I can bring it to a local shop and have it made. Thanks

7 months later
#55 75 days ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Unfortunately the mom and pop shop that made these for me went out of business.

Could you please send me the AutoCAD that was used to produce them?

#56 72 days ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Could you please send me the AutoCAD that was used to produce them?

PM me your email

#57 68 days ago

My local TAP Plastics quoted me $125 each to make one of these plastics! That tells me that I will be attempting my own fabrication with a jeweler's saw, step bit, and sand paper...

#58 68 days ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

My local TAP Plastics quoted me $125 each to make one of these plastics! That tells me that I will be attempting my own fabrication with a jeweler's saw, step bit, and sand paper...

That's nuts. The shop up the street made them for around $5.50 a piece. Too bad they went out of business

#59 68 days ago
Quoted from robertmee:

That's nuts. The shop up the street made them for around $5.50 a piece. Too bad they went out of business

Is it possible that you can export of photo of it jpg or tiff etc... in actual size? I would try to fire up the band saw and see if I can make a few from the template. What thickness did the shop do for you 1/8 or 1/16?

#60 68 days ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Is it possible that you can export of photo of it jpg or tiff etc... in actual size? I would try to fire up the band saw and see if I can make a few from the template. What thickness did the shop do for you 1/8 or 1/16?

1/8". The original is 3/32", so the 1/8" was a better compromise. The Tiff file I have is full scale I believe. But you could always adjust the scaling by printing on paper until the holes line up in your game.

#61 68 days ago

Awesome, if you wouldn't mind emailing it as a tiff, I'll give it a shot. Just bought some red translucent 1/8 plexi to give it a go. I'll PM you my email.

#62 65 days ago

Thanks to Robertmee for his legwork on the cad file, I was able to print a template and hop on the band saw for 25 minutes a rough cut one of these impossible to find plastics for TFTC. It's not perfect but it sure does beat what my alternative was.....lol (last photo). Now just need to find one of those 1" wire forms that goes beneath it.

Thanks again Robertmee
IMG_4743 (resized).JPGIMG_4744 (resized).JPGIMG_4745 (resized).JPG

#63 63 days ago

Looks great. Good job.

1 month later
#64 9 days ago

Bump to see if anyone has made a few extra that they care to part with - mine is cracked down the middle....thanks!

#65 7 days ago

I might make these to sell with my airball stopper as a set. Let me know if there's interest so I know how many to make. Just post in thread instead of pming me.

#66 7 days ago

id take one, just got a original but I know it won't last long.

#67 7 days ago

but I just bought your clear piece last week.

#68 3 days ago

Having these made. Selling as a set. If you bought one of my airball stoppers I will sell the plastic individually.

#69 3 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Having these made. Selling as a set. If you bought one of my airball stoppers I will sell the plastic individually.

let me know when you get em done, i'll take one. any ideas on timeframe?

#70 3 days ago

I'm thinking a week or two. I approved the invoice for production today.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 63.00
$ 15.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside