Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Djshakes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4745 (resized).JPG
IMG_4744 (resized).JPG
IMG_4743 (resized).JPG
2012-02-29_12-47-52_110.jpg
2012-02-29_12-47-32_131.jpg
2012-02-29_12-47-24_290.jpg
2012-02-29_12-31-14_891.jpg
2012-02-29_12-30-41_406.jpg
Screen_shot_2012-02-20_at_2.46.50_PM.png
TFTC.jpg

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Can anyone reproduce the plastic shown. It could be clear lexan, not red....But it is needed to properly support the skill plastic above it. Any TFTC owner's able to reproduce one for me?

Thanks!

TFTC.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Where is that on the playfield?

#3 6 years ago

It straddles two posts in front of the center pop. I supports the skill shot plastic that sits above the pop and flush with the three drop targets. The front two holes mount to posts...The back two holes have standoffs above that support the skill shot plastic.

You can see Russ made one from lexan here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37999418@N04/5302812771/in/set-72157625573191273/

#4 6 years ago

I need one also!!!

#5 6 years ago

Not sure I could cut it. My last lexan cut was a failure. Could I trace it and send to you? Or are you looking for it cut?

#6 6 years ago

What type of tool is required to successfully cut Lexan? A laser?

#7 6 years ago

Not sure. I got plenty of leftovers from my MAME controller cover fail. Got to find a company who cuts plastic.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Not sure I could cut it. My last lexan cut was a failure. Could I trace it and send to you? Or are you looking for it cut?

Thanks, but I received a high rez scan of the plastic....guess I'll try my luck with a dremel and some lexan from Home Depot.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I need one also!!!

I've had two TFTC's and both of them this piece was busted to hell. I bought a plastic set for the first one, but I'm not shelling out $200 this time as all the other plastics are ok and I've got enough left over from the first game to replace any that are broke. Except this one.

#10 6 years ago

Just curious....I contacted a laser cutting steel shop and they cut lexan also. I have a high rez scan of the plastic and I can convert it to CAD for their laser machine. They have a minimum order of $50, but they said they could cut 10 of these for that price. So, around $5 a piece. If I got 10 of them made, is there anyone else that'd be interested in one? They'll probably be clear, not the original red, but you can't see it since it's behind the targets and under the skill plastic. I figure since these break so often, it'd be nice to have a spare even if you have a TFTC with a non-broken one.

Let me know, if anyone's interested. If I can get two or three extra people, then it'd be worth it for me to get them done.

#11 6 years ago

I made one out of translucent red acrylic. I haven't installed it yet, but it looks pretty cool. I used a fine toothed jig saw to cut down close to my line as possible, and then used 100 grit sandpaper to shape down to the line. I tried the dremel, but I had trouble controlling it, so I gave up. The material is soft enough that using the sandpaper wasn't too bad. I then followed up with 220 and 400 grid to get the edges smooth. Debating on whether to buff or not.

If anyone would like, I could take some pictures, and upload.

#12 6 years ago

I'd be in Robert. As with every other TFTC out there, mine's broke also. I'd take 2 of them if it would help you crack the nut.

#13 6 years ago

Put me down for one. Checked and mine was cracked and melted.

#14 6 years ago

If your selling them for $5, plus shipping, I'll take 4 of them.

#15 6 years ago

Great deal guys.
Big bill, you get my LED email? Hope it helped. If not pm me again

#16 6 years ago

Got it, thanks!

#17 6 years ago

Okay....I'll check into it further tomorrow.

#18 6 years ago

I'd be in for one too. Mines okay, but it's just a matter of time.

#19 6 years ago

I would take one.

1 week later
#20 6 years ago

Just to give an update...

Because of my travel schedule and the fact this place closes on Fridays, today was the first opportunity I had to go by there. I had e-mailed an AutoCad drawing the week before and today I took by a scanned image and one of my broke plastics. Talked with the owner and decided to go a slightly different route. The original plastic mic'ed to around 7mm a bit thicker than 1/16" but not quite 1/8". My choice was 1/16" clear or they have a fluorescent red in 1/8". I figure since this plastic gets pounded better to go with slightly thicker, and the red is a plus since the original plastic was red. Getting screws through the extra 1/32" shouldn't be a problem. Will be interesting to see how fluorescent red looks. Should have 10 done by next week. Hope they turn out well, otherwise I guess I'll own ten of them Price is a hair higher than $50 for ten red pieces, but I don't expect it final price to even be more than $1 extra per piece.

#21 6 years ago

sounds great. Mine will work for the upcoming expo but will want a replacement soon after.

#22 6 years ago

I would like one. Thanks

#23 6 years ago

I've made one for two different people - I have also redrawn the art for the peice above it - I have this drawn in Illustrator if anyone wants it.

Screen_shot_2012-02-20_at_2.46.50_PM.png

#24 6 years ago

Robertme, send me some info when you get them, and I'll PayPal you some money. Thanks for doing this. Let me know if I get the 4 I ordered. I can live with 2 (never hurts to have a spare), if there isn't enough to go around.

#25 6 years ago

Hi Robert,

If it is not too late to get in on this I would be interested in ordering 2 pieces for a TFTC I don't have yet I know it is not busted to hell on the one I am getting but the corner is chipped.

Thanks,
Mike

#26 6 years ago

I would be interested in this as well.

#27 6 years ago

same here would like some

1 week later
#28 6 years ago

Okay....Got the parts back today. They look great, IMO, but you be the judge.

Right now, all 10 are accounted for based on a review of the thread. Pricing will be $6.50 which includes shipping (I'll send them in an envelope, 1st class postage). They have paper protective backing, so shipping them via envelope with maybe some cardboard stiffener should work sufficiently.

Postmaster, I know you asked for four, but if you are able to take 2, then that will allow two other members to get one. If they don't come through, then I'll send those 2 to you also.

Lastly, the shop has enough material to do 10 more, same price....So, if anyone else is interested, let me know.

I will be sending a PM with paypal info to each of the members below. If after reviewing the pictures, you decide against one, please let me know you're dropping out.

Thanks....

examiner
futurepinhead
Postmaster x 2
MES
Indy5Mike
mwong168
jk2171
dlbuller
robertmee

2012-02-29_12-30-41_406.jpg 2012-02-29_12-31-14_891.jpg 2012-02-29_12-47-24_290.jpg

#29 6 years ago

More pictures...And yes I know my rubbers are cracked and I'm missing a nut....Haven't shopped this game yet, but wanted to show pics of it installed

2012-02-29_12-47-32_131.jpg 2012-02-29_12-47-52_110.jpg

#30 6 years ago

Looks great, and sturdier actually.

#31 6 years ago

thanks Robert, paypal sent.

I really appreciate the effort.

#32 6 years ago

Thanks for doing this Robert and I will sent you money later on this afternoon. I guess this means I better get me a TFTC soon as I don't have the machine yet

#33 6 years ago

Be paypaling shortly, thanks!

#34 6 years ago

Thanks Robert. Payment sent.

#35 6 years ago

Okay, so far I can confirm:

indy5mike - 1 - 1 more on 2nd run
Postmaster - 2 - 2 more on 2nd run
futurepinhead - 1
examiner - 1
dlbuller - 1
mwong168 - 1
MES - 1

Still no word from jk2171

All those with money paid, I will send out tomorrow

Going to make a second run, as I figure I'll eventually be able to get rid of them and I'd like a spare myself

#36 6 years ago

Right on!!! People helping people!!!! That's what a pinball forum SHOULD be!!! +eleventy billion points to you good sir!

#37 6 years ago

Okay, received paypal from everyone but jk2171. All plastics going out in the mail this morning.

1 week later
#38 6 years ago

Thanks again for doing this Robert. My plastic arrived today in the safe and sound. Now I just need to bring home the game

#39 6 years ago

Glad it got to Canada safely....Odd haven't heard of anyone else receiving theirs....I figured yours would have been the last one received.

#40 6 years ago

Forgot to say that I got mine quickly also Robert. Hope to put it on tomorrow. Thanks.

#41 6 years ago

Got mine and it looks good. Thanks for taking your time to get this much needed part made.

#42 6 years ago

Still waiting on mine

#43 6 years ago

Still waiting on mine

Wow....surprised it's taken that long....How does Canada get it before Minnesota? They all went out together.

#44 6 years ago

Got mine Robert. Cant play it though since I have some issues. Thanks again.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Wow....surprised it's taken that long....How does Canada get it before Minnesota? They all went out together.

What type of envelope did it get shipped in?

#46 6 years ago

robertmee said:Wow....surprised it's taken that long....How does Canada get it before Minnesota? They all went out together.
What type of envelope did it get shipped in?

Standard envelope with the the plastic wedged between two pieces of cardboard taped together for mine.

#47 6 years ago

^What he said...Only difference was yours had two in it, vs one for everyone else. But envelopes were light, shouldn't be a postage problem.

#48 6 years ago

Just looked again, didn't get it. must have got lost in the mail.

#49 6 years ago

Okay, I'll send you two more....You wanted four anyway and the second batch is done. If you don't ever get the first two then no sweat. If you get the second set and the first set and want them both, just drop the same amount into paypal when you get a chance. If you get the second and first set and don't want the additional 2 anymore, just drop them back in the mail to me.

#50 6 years ago

Thanks RM, I've been searching the house franticly, and can't find them. I don't remember getting an envelope from NC. I'll keep looking, and if I find it, I'll send payment for the other 2 when I get them. Thanks again. I'll PM you my address, just to make sure I gave you the right info.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside