10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC_color.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hi TFTC'ers, I was wondering if anyone knows the paint code for the inside of the cabinet (the purple color). I know you can order it online, but I was hoping to head to Ace and have them make it up for me. Not super concerned about exact match, just looking for something close.

I included a picture to reference the area I am talking about.

Thanks everyone!

TFTC_color.jpgTFTC_color.jpg
#2 10 years ago

There are several threads on this out there already. The paint is just about impossible to match (even closely)because of the deep blue pigment that is used. It is typically outside the spectrum of what places like Ace, Lowe's. Menards, Home Depot, etc. can do. I have taken paint chips to specialty paint shops and they can't match it either. I've been told that automotive paint is the only way to get a close match.

Pinball Universe sells touch-up paint. Some have said it is a match and others (like me) have said it is nowhere near close - just depends on when the cabs were painted, environmental factors, etc.

That being said - since you aren't looking for an exact match, maybe just take a small chip and see what they can do. Again, it seems like the paint varies on this machine.

Hopefully someone can secure rights to make DE cab decal sets, but there must be rights issues or no perceived demand.

#3 10 years ago

Thanks for the info, if I find something remotely close I will post for everyone.

#4 10 years ago

Yeah same story here. I've taken a paint chip everywhere and no one can match it. I was also told automotive was the way to go. I ordered from pinball universe and mine matched pretty close.

#5 10 years ago

Yeah, it is going to take WAY more time to "match" and "touch it up"... such a waste. Just pick something really close, paint the entire sides of the cabinet and be done with it. Do you think someone playing your game is going to be like "Man, that's a sweet playing TFTC but look at the inside wood's blue color. That's all wrong!" Like, huh?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 15.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-paint-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.