(Topic ID: 29951)

TFTC Owners - How Often do you hit the Right Ramp?

By Phetishboy

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DE_ROW.jpg
DSC02250.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I have owned the machine about 2 weeks and have hit it exactly twice. By comparison, I can hit the left ramp 4 times in a row when I'm having a good game. BTB, I love this game. Maybe this can be be the official TFTC Club thread. Let's talk TFTC, shall we?

DSC02250.jpgDSC02250.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Your TFTC made a small child...creepy haha

I don't own one, but that is a tough shot for sure...one of my fave games of all time, it's what originally got me hooked on pinball as a kid

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Your TFTC made a small child...creepy haha
I don't own one, but that is a tough shot for sure...one of my fave games of all time, it's what originally got me hooked on pinball as a kid

It actually reminds me of the Volcano shot on Congo, another right ramp shot that I make about 1/20 of the time I make the left one. That's why I love 2 ramp games. One's always easy to hit (for satisfaction) the other is a bitch to hit, which keeps you coming back.

#4 11 years ago

I'm able to make the right ramp shot about once in 50 tries.

Love the "Trick Shot" award from a half-loop.

RussMyers

#5 11 years ago

all day long. muscle memory.

#6 11 years ago

Trick Shot pretty often, but full loop maybe once or twice per game if I'm lucky.
Very tough shot and a real challenge to hit the double jackpot during multiball.

I find that no matter how much I practice the shot, it is still a challenge.
Much more so than Borg's other killer shot - Gem on TRON.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I'm able to make the right ramp shot about once in 50 tries.
Love the "Trick Shot" award from a half-loop.
RussMyers

Russ!! This the first time you've responded to one of my threads on Pinside!! I feel faint. Seriously though, thanks for the recommendation on this one. I never would have even given it a chance had you not shared your love for this game with me right before my wife and daughter fell for it. I was never ever a fan of the Cryptkeeper, but this pin (thank God) is a lot better than the show ever was. Now I wish there was a Creepshow pin.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

but this pin (thank God) is a lot better than the show ever was.

WHAT ?!?!?

#9 11 years ago

I liked Twilight Zone (yes even the 80's version) and Tales from the Darkside better than TFTC for some reason. Even the Outer Limits was cool. The Cryptkeeper just grated my nerves.

#10 11 years ago

That pic initially gave me the creeps. Like the red under the machine.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Russ!! This the first time you've responded to one of my threads on Pinside!! I feel faint. Seriously though, thanks for the recommendation on this one. I never would have even given it a chance had you not shared your love for this game with me right before my wife and daughter fell for it. I was never ever a fan of the Cryptkeeper, but this pin (thank God) is a lot better than the show ever was. Now I wish there was a Creepshow pin.

Awesome. So glad you've caught the love for pinball.

TFTC is a great game.

Be sure to take a good look at the alternate translite - original art from the EC Comics rather than the somewhat lame HBO art. Well worth the money IMO.

Enjoy !!

RussM

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Awesome. So glad you've caught the love for pinball.
TFTC is a great game.
Be sure to take a good look at the alternate translite - original art from the EC Comics rather than the somewhat lame HBO art. Well worth the money IMO.
Enjoy !!
RussM

Yep, I agree. The alt translite is much needed. Mine is also damaged at the bottom, so grabbing the alt is a no-brainer in the near future.

#13 11 years ago

Pretty rarely, but always a satisfying one when I hit it.

Same situation with shooting the crypt from the lower right flipper.

#14 11 years ago

Use my trick for hitting the right ramp, works 90% of the time. I just aim for the right spinner, and I get the right ramp! In all seriousness, I find it easier to make from the right flipper. Glad you like the game.

#15 11 years ago

Phet - here's my Data East Row:

RM

DE_ROW.jpgDE_ROW.jpg

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Yep, I agree. The alt translite is much needed. Mine is also damaged at the bottom, so grabbing the alt is a no-brainer in the near future.

I usually replace the lift channel and all of the top and edge trim pieces at the same time.

Makes it all fresh and the plastic trim pieces are not expensive. (from PBL)

RM

#17 11 years ago

Bahahaha, awesome. I already have 2 of those 4.

#18 11 years ago

It depends on the day. On a good day I can hit it at will. On a bad day I cannot get close. I have to use the left flipper, I cannot get a full loop from the right. I can backhand a trick shot but that is usually all from the right flipper.

Overall I would say I hit it about 1 out of 5 shots.

#19 11 years ago

I have the toppers for them all, but the ceiling is too damn low

It's a temp house, so I can wait <sigh>.

RM

#20 11 years ago

Once I rebuilt the flippers on my TFTC, I can make consecutive full right ramp shots frequently. It became much more consistent than a trick shot. In fact, I rarely make the trick shot anymore since the rebuild (less than 5% - it completely reversed.) For me, the right ramp is always done from the lower left flipper. I need to try a right backhand to see if it improves dropping the ball for the trick shot.

During multiball, my success rate drops. I usually flip too early, or ricochet off another ball. Both the full ramp or the trick shot will score the double jackpot during multiball.

#22 11 years ago

I've had my TFTC for about two weeks and love it. I'll post some sick mods I already have in it later when I get home!!!

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I need to try a right backhand to see if it improves dropping the ball for the trick shot.
During multiball, my success rate drops. I usually flip too early, or ricochet off another ball. Both the full ramp or the trick shot will score the double jackpot during multiball.

Multiball I can get my rate up if I can catch a few balls and hold them out of the way. I just started hitting the ramp backhand. I was surprised it would get over there. Sometimes almost enough power to make a full loop but never made it full backhand......yet.

#24 11 years ago

Yeah I noticed multi-ball is utter chaos on this machine sometimes. I haven't seen this many balls collide since my days as a towel boy down at the local Turkish Prison. I put 6 new balls in the machine when I got it, they'll probably need to be replaced in a month.

#25 11 years ago

I just picked one up a week ago, and I have issues with hitting that right ramp, but then again I'm not that great of a player

Is it even possible to hit the crypt with a lower flipper? I haven't yet, except with a lucky bounce.

I do love the game though, it's very hard for me to walk away even on a bad night.

#26 11 years ago

I love this game but I'm not very good. Plan on getting some action with the family in tonight and this long weekend. I think in the 100 games I've played since owning it I've hit the Right Ramp probably 6 times... Doh!

#27 11 years ago

maybe one in 20ish, I can get a double jackpot off the trick shot pretty easily if I can cradle the other one or two out there and have a clean shot.
I need to start trying to back hand it from the right now, I have never tried that trick.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Phet - here's my Data East Row:
RM

Very nice looking games,Russ!

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

I am a fan of the show which makes me want the game even more. Just like TZ I like the show as well. I am glad both came out to be great pins as well. I am not sure if you’re allowed to own the game if not a fan of the show and the pinball police or gods will remove it from you and give it to me. J/K! I think I might have a local lead on one finally.

#30 11 years ago

This is the TFTC CLUB Phetish! All those posting here are in the club.

#31 11 years ago

Sometimes I'm on fire on the right ramp - once I actually nailed it 4 solid times in a row. That was an amazing experience. Most of the time though, the right ramp is a VERY tough shot to hit. I did get a full-shot on it yesterday for a whopping double jackpot .

#32 11 years ago

Had anybody put the alternative trans light in? thoughts ?

#33 11 years ago

My buddy has it and I love it! Crypt Jam is awesome!! post your high scores on the site. I've got #2 but there are only 4 total. This game next to a Frankenstein makes a lot of sense to me.

#34 11 years ago

Almost never to be honest. Very tough shot. With my Cliffy installed the Creature Feature hole is tough too. It use to just fall in if it rolled by, but now you really need to nail that shot. Only makes playing it that much better! Hard game with all the air balls.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from MES:

Almost never to be honest. Very tough shot. With my Cliffy installed the Creature Feature hole is tough too. It use to just fall in if it rolled by, but now you really need to nail that shot. Only makes playing it that much better! Hard game with all the air balls.

Do you get alot of them?
I really don't get too many airballs on mine, It's nice and fast though. I should probably kick it up a few degrees to speed her up.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

but this pin (thank God) is a lot better than the show ever was. Now I wish there was a Creepshow pin.

First part no, second part yes.That show kicked ass and so would a Creepshow pin.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from MES:

If the cliffy and hole are set up right it won't be any impact at all. I spent a couple hours making my feature scoop shot right. If it bounces out you may need to bend the roof of the scoop down so it's slightly lower to the playfield. If the cliffy is installed well it should be very flat. Worst case, you can pop a piece of mylar on the edge of the cliffy and scoop hole to smoother the transition. But it really shouldn't be any noticable difference with or without the cliffy. I can make the scoop shot very reliably from left, right, or upper flipper (unless I'm sucking).

#38 11 years ago

From left flipper, I hit the right ramp maybe 1 out of 5 or 6 tries. Very tough shot indeed. I don't even TRY for that shot until/unless a multiball has started. (Fast scoring and double jackpot) Great game!

#39 11 years ago

I'll try to bend the scoop down. The Cliffy is pretty flat. Patched up the hole and sanded it flat before I installed it. Air balls seem to come from the drop targets. They bend back and act as a mini ramp for the ball. Out of all my machines that ramp shot is in the top 3 hardest but ohhhh how satisfying.

#40 11 years ago

So hitting the two ramps in TFTC , especially the right is harder than GNR. I wonder if this will make me back off from this game and go after GNR. I enjoy hitting the ramps in all games so much.

#41 11 years ago

Every time I try for the axetra ball extra hard. I almost always make that ramp over and over. It is a very tight shot though and very hard to hit on a regular basis when intended. IMO

Man I miss my TFTC =-(

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 64.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-how-often-do-you-hit-the-right-ramp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.