image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerkraken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4299 1 year ago

haven't played in a while but after all the new machines, going back to this game.... so it's common and normal that TFTC flippers just feel like they are just blasting away at the balls with incredible power? The flippers just feel so strong in this beast, I forgot how strong it kicks, makes me wonder is it supposed to strike so hard?

#4301 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

What are you coming from?
For sure, Late DE / Sega / Modern Stern, all should feel mostly the same for flipper power etc.. since they are essentially the same lineage and design.
It's a very responsive and 'strong' flipper for sure.

Playing lot of godzilla and halloween recently. The flippers just feel like they slap so much harder than those machines, very solid feeling

3 months later
#4352 1 year ago

The Crypt Keeper belongs to HBO from what I recall, but the EC Comics, and Tales from the Crypt brand belongs to someone else. The reboot they were attempting was gonna be without the Crypt Keeper for example cause of this.

3 weeks later
#4397 1 year ago

So have had a weird problem that happens once in a while while playing my TFTC, it's not all the time, just once in a great while will happen where the game in mid play suddenly says missing ball and it just kind of shuts down, game ends. Not sure what causes it, has started happening once in a long series of plays perhaps in the past month

#4411 1 year ago

Huh, guess someone maybe installed one of those on mine, it doesn't click or have the ad.

1 month later
#4478 1 year ago

So is the captive ball just impossible to hit?

#4480 1 year ago

I've only hit it by accident, I can't seem to figure out any proper way to regularly hit that target from a flipper, when it's happened it's always been a bounce off another part of the game striking it. So yea I hate skull kracking

#4486 1 year ago

Yea it's hard as hell shot and the few times I've landed it, the ball didn't move enough to register. Any time skull cracking comes up, we all just throw our hands up at the waste of a mode as it's never been hit by anyone in our friend group who plays it regularly.

2 weeks later
#4498 1 year ago

Looking to get a LED kit to update my TFTC which is still using the old incandescent bulbs. Besides swapping to LED, any easy to add on light kits or such for the game out there? I know in lower light it's a dark pin, could use a little brightening up perhaps. Not pinstadiums......

#4500 1 year ago

Any specific LED kit for the game out there that folks recommend? I'm not looking for blinding super LEDs or anything, but seen some folks using properly colored LEDs for the inserts also, wondering if anyone offers the premade kit assortments for this that would be recommended, see many out there but not sure what to get. Rather not go through having to pick out every bulb I need individually

1 month later
#4553 11 months ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

OEM did not have any sleeving rubber on the tall metal posts.
If you have the rubber sleevings on, remove the far left one from the metal post.

Huh, yea mine has the rubber sleeves. I've only ever hit the captive ball once by accident, every other time I've hit it, it didn't move far enough to register so It's become a shot that we actively avoid.

1 week later
#4579 11 months ago

Link to the colorDMD? How easy is the install?

#4601 11 months ago

I don't think it has a knocker

1 month later
#4635 10 months ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I too like the choice of color for the powder coat. I think that bronze color looks sharp. I've been working on art blades for TFTC. I've never been happy with the ones floating around out there to be purchased. I decided to make my own art blades that include the comic book covers. I have two different versions. (still undecided on which one I want to go with) One has all the comic covers from the series and the other has a little less but larger images. Attached are the ones that are larger images with less covers.
[quoted image][quoted image]

These are great

#4638 10 months ago

How do you get to the light in the start button to change the bulb? Thing perplexes me

#4649 10 months ago
Quoted from miracleman:

With the game off, you grab the white switch/button with the wires on it, kinda work it back and forth side to side, and pull it out from the black housing. It will 'snap' out, and after replacing the bulb you reverse the process and 'snap' it back in, lining up black button tabs with switch button. After you've done it a couple times you'll get a feel for it. I put a red led in mine just to make it even redder-er-er, but leds have that raised plastic ring around them and sometimes are tricky to get into lit button housings. Also, in free play mode the start button is ALWAYS blinking, which kinda annoyed me, so I unsoldered the bulb wires and tapped them into my lit flipper button power, so start button just stays lit.
(sample button pic added)
[quoted image]

Thank you!

#4666 10 months ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I played around with that and I too thought that may look better but when I had the images on there, it become so crowded that everything blended in. You really had no clue what you were looking at.

What about one cover showing title, then the next being just the cover art alone, then back to the title. Alternating the layout between pics to create a more spaced out collage?

#4674 10 months ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Here is an example of less crypt and more artwork.
[quoted image]

I was thinking showing more of the cover to see the full word Crypt for example, but then some pure cover art between. Seems the art in this example is kind of hindering the title

The all art also I think is pretty good.

#4680 9 months ago

Spirit Halloween is doing a full sized animatronic Crypt Keeper this year. Might be of interest for some fans rooms. Sadly it's not the real Crypt Keeper's voice actor

#4683 9 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Had to check this out so I looked it up, its $399 and only 2.5ft tall..
https://www.spirithalloween.com/product/2-5-ft-the-crypt-keeper-animatronic/244759.uts

Keeper is a small guy, and he's also in a sitting position. The big visible feet are kind of odd of course lol

1 week later
#4689 9 months ago

Been having on and off problem with my right flipper. It will sometimes kind of double flap when you press the button, or when holding down the button while it does that will have the flipper give and falls, but then will try to bounce back up. Sometimes a power reset will then eventually fix this and the game will work fine for some time, and every once in a while the flipper starts acting up again.

#4696 9 months ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Anyone have a coupon code???

hah, usually closer to the actual stores opening and thee holiday do we usually see their coupons pop up. Don't think any are out yet

If you never signed up for their online store, it usually will give you a pop up for your email for a single 20% off coupon

#4697 9 months ago

unboxing and preview of the voice clips of the spirit Crypt Keeper

The original Keeper spirit did is very similar looking but that one had the real Keeper's voice, but it's now super collectible. As the video notes those go for thousands of dollars now, hasn't been made since the 90s.

#4699 9 months ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Correct, From concept to final puppet he was the size of a small child.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The new Spirit Halloween sculpt on face/hands/feet is pretty good. The eyes never moved on the older halloween prop, just the head turning. On this new one I'm guessing you can adjust that mask on it's skull, because in this vid they obviously turn too far to one side, going past the corner of the eye.
Since head movement is not synced to the sound, you could just playback some John Kassir CK audio from a MP3 player with actual Crypt music and be good to go. I think Spirit would make more money selling it for $100 than they will at $400.

And a fraction of the price you can get such bigger animatronics from them that have more movement. They really are pushing it with that price but guess they assume the collectors are gonna be all over it seeing the resale prices.

1 month later
#4722 7 months ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Other than a few spotlights and leds, my tftc is stock. Are there any must have recommended mods or upgrades besides color dmd? I need a topper too.

The cliffy protector for the scoop is often recommended, that gets worn down on most machines.

I got those two machines in my lineup too, love em

#4728 7 months ago

So I get like all the game but even reading the rules I'm confused on the ramps and their rats, bats, etc inserts and those modes and how they work. Hitting the ramp increases a number and I keep hitting it once it hits four I don't notice what is going on. Reading the rules, it's written so oddly. Is there a nice english explanation of how the ramps work in the game outside of modes?

3 weeks later
#4741 7 months ago

Does hitting the double jackpot turn off the regular jackpot on the left ramp? Just wondering when the left ramp jackpot goes away during MB, is it time based or a player triggers this? Some games you can rip that ramp and just keep scoring jackpots, but then it will suddenly no longer award jackpots. Is it the double that turns off the left ramp or a time based limit?

#4743 7 months ago

Swear I've gotten the jackpot multiple times in a row and you get the chainsaw cutting a zombie animation multiple times.

1 week later
#4754 6 months ago

The no payem no game only plays if the game is not set to freeplay. Why when the machine boots up on free play the crypt keeper says "nop..." cause its a bug that has always been there that cuts off that sound clip.

#4765 6 months ago
Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

I've wanted a TFTC for over 3 yrs and now I finally got one! I made instruction cards a few yrs ago and it feels good to be able to print them out and put them on my own machine!
I've read through this entire thread and compiled a list of ideas for upgrades: It has the new Chad 4.0 code already, It's going to get a colored DMD screen, I bought a couple prop eyeballs from Amazon to add to the ramp lights. I'm going to do something with the captive ball area: ceramic ball, or glo ball...maybe add a second ball, and i'll switch out the rubber posts in that area with some sort of thinner tubing. I just need to make a new tombstone decal, I already redesigned the drop target decals, I have several different "gullitone" images to try out. I'm so excited!
[quoted image] [quoted image] [quoted image] [quoted image]

Those cards are great! Do you have printable ones you can share by chance?

#4770 6 months ago
Quoted from prl867:

Thank you and everyone else for assistance with my continuous “No Payem no gayem” issue. I discovered that the molex pin on the power supply board (that leads to the sound board) was broken. A quick replacement and reseating of all molex connectors brought the game back to perfect.
I also ordered the 4.0 update.
This has got to be the best DE pin they ever made, right? It’s way deeper and more fun than any other DE I’ve played (including LW3, which is one of my favorites).

I think it's the best DE put out

#4772 6 months ago
Quoted from prl867:

It looks like this and BTTF are the best overall from DE. Although I’ve never played BTTF, the ruleset and playfield looks fun. Obv the lack of MJF kinda killed it though.
Glad DE ponied up for genuine Cryptkeeper callouts.

I like BTTF, but it's ruleset is ridiculously simple, which is the problem with most DE games. The game sells on it's theme, but even then it doesn't command an insane price cause of the simplicity of the game, whose main scoring shot is essentially just shooting the same ramp over and over again to get jackpots, there is not much to it.

TFTC has unique shots, different scoring methods, and especially the creature features presents ever changing rules/modes in your game, which BTTF doesn't really have outside of building up to multiball.

#4774 6 months ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

multiple threads on the best DE games, but imo TFTC, GnR, JP are the best with honourable mention to Tommy and WWF RR.

Yea that's a good top 5

4 weeks later
#4784 5 months ago
Quoted from koji:

Sigh.. no crypt jam.. but collected 2x Monster jackpots.. those are fun achievements for sure.
[quoted image]

Whats the green plastic on the right for?

#4787 5 months ago

Been getting more frequent random game resets mid game, or the game goes into missing ball reset, launches a bunch of balls over and over then finally settles down. So this is power supply related right?

Is this the right one I should get to replace? : https://xpinpinball.net/product/xp-de5047/

#4792 5 months ago
Quoted from Pommy:

I had the same problem last year and i discover that 2 of my leds under balls have a contact that was on and off depending of vibrations often when the game was long so...check your contact (welding).
Sorry for the translation, i’m from Quebec ( french speaking.. )
I solved my problem and after that, i made a hard plastic protector .
Ten month ago, you had the same problem...what have you try to solved your probl.

Haven't not any issue when I looked, its really random complete game resets in the middle of games. The other issue is the separate random game losing balls in the middle of play and it will start just launching balls non stop for a few seconds then it reboots again.

From what I read before, folks had said this was related to the power supply

#4795 5 months ago

Yea I'll have to dig into that. Though in most cases I would probably just replace the power supply board still, so it's why I'm seeing which is the correct board to get. Seen folks recommend this brand but they have several boards that state they work for Tales, so not sure which is the right one... like this: https://xpinpinball.net/product/xp-de5047/

#4800 5 months ago
Quoted from koji:

Yeah xpin is the way to go.. But always good practice to check the current board voltages etc. Before applying a shotgun approach, as there are occasions where a connector or issue in wiring or another board is in fact the issue.

So seeing folks talk about the lost ball issue on DE games as being a trough switch issue, the switch in the kicker to launch the ball not registering and causing the games to spazz out? I see the replacement switch is no longer offered by anyone, is there a replacement switch?

1 month later
#4838 4 months ago

So the game last week erased all the high scores on it, but is now recording high scores being put on it and it's remembering them still. Is this a dying battery issue or should it not be storing scores at all if the battery is going?

#4840 4 months ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Check Adjustment 30. "Reset H.S.T.D. Every"

That was it, thanks. So setting this to 0 is how you disable this?

#4842 4 months ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

By pressing the 'Start' button you can cycle through the values from '0' through '2000' or set it to 'Off'. I have mine set to 'Off' and the high score has never reset.
Gord

Hmm i'll have to try again, when cycling I didn't see Off as an option

1 month later
#4871 73 days ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

Does anyone have an extra cliffy scoop hole protector? He has been pretty backed up lately.

I picked up one of these since Cliffy is so backed up. Seems to work fine, it's a little smaller in coverage than Cliffy's but still provides the protection needed: ebay.com link: itm

1 month later
#4999 23 days ago

So weird issue been having, any time a high score is made, I can't seem to get all three of my initials in anymore, which wasn't a problem in the past.

I can use the flippers to cycle between letters, so I go to E cause my initials are EKS. I go to E, press start to enter the E, then when I hit the flipper to cycle to the next letter, the game just fills out the entire thing with EEE each time. No idea whats going on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
9,000 (OBO)
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerkraken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=panzerkraken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.