image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mymalibu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2877 5 years ago

Joined the club in April after playing a few locally and liking it. Original play field in great condition, color DMD,restored with the red decal kit, shows very well. Did some tweaks to get it to play better as the ball was getting caught up in a few areas, but after that just a great game. The new 4.0 code really helps.

20180530_121601 (resized).jpg20180530_121601 (resized).jpg

20180530_121552 (resized).jpg20180530_121552 (resized).jpg

20180530_121611 (resized).jpg20180530_121611 (resized).jpg

#2880 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I knew the guy you bought it from. I suggested the eyeball prop for the scoop hole to him. Lol

Ya he had an eye on both ramps I think, they fell off . I changed it up and hot glued them, pretty solid now....

#2884 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

congrats Chris. Welcome to the club! We got a good following from Alberta now!

Thanks Pat, we can compare notes/ strategies now .lol...

#2886 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Of course! first tip is msg jakers and pick up the airball protector for the drop targets. Its a game changer.

Funny , he sent it out to me yesterday...LOL

#2888 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It really is amazing how much of a difference it makes. Night + day....

That's very good to know, kinda thought it would, super cool thread, love it..... good input...

#2900 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

One more suggestion after close up look of your pics.
Get a cliffy protector or mantis protector for the creature feature scoop hole.

Mantis hole protector already in the mail....seems we're all on the same page....thanks to all the input in this thread , its because of it that I knew about the mantis protector and it seems to impact the game play less than the cliffy. Cliffy makes great stuff have them on my other pins but in this case it seems the mantis might be the better option.....

#2910 5 years ago

Just floated the sound board with nylon screws and washers, no change in the static level in attract mode....Oh so don't want to spend cash on a pinsound board....any other thoughts ....might have to just live with it....on the plus side I added Jakers drop target ball deflector and it does actually help the game play, the included nuts that are to act as spacers so the targets don't hit the deflector when they come up where to thick so I just used a small washer and all good. So a big shout out to him for making these.

1 week later
#2938 5 years ago

Is this the PF that circulated around western Canada a while ago? Nathan in Med hat was looking for one as well...maybe your old one is better than the one he currently has...Just a thought as he had reached out to me when he found out we had joined the club a couple months ago...

#2940 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Nope. This came from the NE US and has been in the same persons hands for a number of years.....until today
My current playfield that's installed is in really good condition. Just the scoop hole would required some bondo work. Tell him to PM me if he's interested.

Will do that. Thanks

3 weeks later
#2989 5 years ago

Just want to give a thank you to fellow TFTC owner BOAT. He stopped by a while back so we could go over my game as it needed a few tweaks. He later sent me a link for the rear VUK rebuild kit . Mine would not consistently kick it up.I Installed it yesterday along with the mantis hole protector and voila! kicks it up every time the first try.The VUK rebuild kit needed a few tweaks of it own though.

As previously stated by another pinsider the cross pin hole in the shaft was too small and had to be enlarged, just a bit. And after initial install realized that the cup was sitting to tightly on the end of the shaft and engaged the switch all the time. The little spring did not have enough strength to over come the binding of the cup on the end of the shaft..So I had to remove it, remove the cup and take a small file and gently smooth out the shaft end so the cup was free and the spring could push it up just that little bit to not engage the switch until the ball puts weight on it.

The game plays as it should now and makes for a better experience.

That mantis hole protector does a nice job and does not effect game play which is very nice.

So thanks BOAT, and now that I know how to do it I can help if ever you need to do yours.Cheers.

2 weeks later
#3024 5 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

So is the Mantis protector better that a full cliffy protector?

I have the mantis protector and it allows the game to be played without any interference at the scoop. Don't get me wrong Cliffy makes some great protectors, I have them on my other games but some games lend themselves to a different approach. I for one think its great to have alternatives.As others have said in this thread the cliffy does get in the way on a soft shot and prevents the ball from falling in. Cheers.

#3026 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Obviously if there's no scoop wear go for the Mantis. If scoop wear is minor to medium ask Cliff to make you a narrow version of the protector, it interferes far less. Thats what I did. It's common knowledge that the scoop as manufactured is geometrically off from John Borg's original schematic, so this shot is a pain in the tail unfair regardless.
[quoted image]

True that, I have very minimal scoop wear...

2 weeks later
#3054 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Does anyone's TFTC launch the ball with the left flipper button (mine does)?

Not mine either.

1 month later
#3133 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I went lcd, I use high res mode. I liked the Tales from the crypt keeper cartoon when I was a kid so it gives the game a more cartoonish look. The modding is not simple and involves dremelimg/cutting out plastic on your speaker panel. If I had to do it again I would just drop in Led.

Mine came with the LED DMD and although I have a color LCD in some of my other games I think the LED blends well with the theme.

1 week later
#3152 5 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

I've spent hours up on hours creating a new sound pack for pinsound for this wonderful pin.
In my opinion many data east gems completely transforms with a new sound package and make them feel way more modern.
I have some small tweaks left to do before I release it.
I have replaced 99% if the music, 95% of all sound fx and 90% of all callouts.
Here's a preview:

Appreciate the effort but you pretty much changed it into a weird metal rock pin taking away from all the campy goodness that makes it what it is.Maybe you should put those efforts towards a re-theme.

#3154 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I tend to agree with this. I don't understand the appeal of pinsound. I'd rather a sub installed than pinsound changing the originality of it.

I in with the sub if you have any recommendations let me know, cheers.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#3220 5 years ago

My drop protector broke a few days ago, wondering if they can be made a stronger or thicker product.

#3226 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Chris, if you order another one I’ll split you on the shipping!

PM sent.

2 months later
#3265 5 years ago
Quoted from ICPjuggla:

Any of you guys with info on the tombstone? Pad or no pad? Pictures.. thx

Mine has foam behind it ,it is a little floppy but it works perfectly.Cheers.

20190117_103534 (resized).jpg20190117_103534 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#3279 5 years ago

Nice job Boat, great score!

1 week later
#3289 5 years ago

Just had my best game to date...both jackpots and 1 monster jackpot and not even close to crypt jam. Great family day surprise!

2019 02 18.Family day. (resized).jpg2019 02 18.Family day. (resized).jpg
#3291 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Nice! Monster is crazy hard to get! Big points too

Ya I was just on a role and kept hitting shit, then monster was lit and boom,got it for 100 mil

1 week later
#3304 5 years ago

Nice job boat, bet it is way nicer to work on....

3 weeks later
#3329 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I ordered a set of those from mezel a few weeks ago. They just shipped.. waiting for that before I install my art thehuemanatee I’d be willing to bet you don’t want to install art without the protectors, of all the games I’ve owned it’s got the least amount of space.

I have mirror blades on my TFTC and they do get scratched regardless of how careful you are, protectors are a very good idea.

1 month later
#3356 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

It's too quiet in here hang meng! What is everyone's next project? I still haven't installed the side decals. Its ready to go but the game is tucked in the corner so I'm being a little lazy

Hey boat,I need the scoop on the service rails you installed please.

#3358 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Call me, I’ll give you the low. If you provide the beer I might even come help you install!

Boat,willing to help for beer,what a great pinball brother,will give you a call.

#3375 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

plan to install a color DMD

Color DMD makes for a great playing experience.

Quoted from fatality83:

I might upgrade to Chad H code

Go with Chads code ,it is a great improvement over the last original code.

#3383 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Can anyone help me with a problem? It happens rarely....but sometimes when the multiball is lit at the middle spinner, I place a shot into the right ramp and it awards multiball as if I hit the middle spinner.
What would be causing this?
Thanks

Sean, as I understand it, the game will give you the multi ball from the right loop ONLY if you have not had a multi ball yet.So it helps you into multi ball the first time it is available. The right ramp is a mystery.

#3385 4 years ago

I am always there for ya ...lol

#3390 4 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Yea, that was my plan...but I'm picking up a used newer LCD...so, I'm thinking get out the Dremel...just wanted to see if anyone here did it already.

Boat went LCD, FYI.

1 week later
#3407 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Mine is strong and loud.

Ditto.

#3415 4 years ago

Left the club over the weekend. However I think I will be joining a new one.....Casters club perhaps

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

9,000 (OBO)
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mymalibu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=mymalibu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.