Topic Stats

• 3,570 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Sonic
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,092 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191110_065836 (resized).jpg
20191110_065854 (resized).jpg
tftc final 047 (resized).JPG
tftc final 046 (resized).JPG
tftc final 044 (resized).JPG
tftc final 038 (resized).JPG
tftc final 042 (resized).JPG
tftc final 030 (resized).JPG
tftc final 026 (resized).JPG
tftc final 027 (resized).JPG
tftc final 025 (resized).JPG
tftc final 024 (resized).JPG
tftc final 020 (resized).JPG
tftc final 023 (resized).JPG
tftc final 016 (resized).JPG
tftc final 013 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

256 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mustangpaul. You are on page 1 of 2.
#113 6 years ago

I got my TFTC a couple of weeks ago, I payed a good price for it but it's in fantastic shape, the door button even works and has an original? topper. Haven't played it much, it's in the garage while I work on my game room down the basement. Now here's a sweet story, I'm a courier and was planning on driving down to Omaha from St. Paul, MN to pick it up on a Sat. My boss called me up the Monday before that Sat. and said "guess where your going for a delivery...OMAHA"!! So long story short I drove down with 1500lbs of green peppers, delivered them then drove 11 miles to the sellers house, picked up the game and drove home getting back at 3am the next morning. Not only did I save the $150 in gas and 13 hours on the road from NOT doing it on Sat. but my boss gave me a $300 bump on my paycheck for doing the run. DAMN I LOVE this game.

Can I join the club? Crypt_1.JPG Crypt_2.JPG Crypt_3.JPG Crypt_4.JPG Crypt_5.JPG

#116 6 years ago

I tried using the pinballuniverse site to buy paint and I couldn't get the order form to work so I called them and the call wouldn't go thru. What the ????

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Of course, welcome!
Congrats on the game, and that is an awesome story!
--ED LI NY

Thanks EN3, wish all my pin buys could have worked that way.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

That's really weird, butI just tried it, and it worked for me.
I clicked "add to cart," and the Paypal cart/checkout came right up with no problem.
Perhaps try it on another computer?

On their site it says that if your buying more then one, I was buying 3 dif. colors that I had to call to order....well the phone didn't work either. I try that again today.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

On their site it says that if your buying more then one, I was buying 3 dif. colors that I had to call to order....well the phone didn't work either. I try that again today.

I tried calling again today and it won't go through???

#130 6 years ago

Does any body know if anything on the playfield lights up under blacklight.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Yes, it does have black light responsive art--specifically the green that is used throughout the art and PF. I am in the process of doing my blacklight mod on my TFTC. I recently did my WWFRR, which similarly had blacklight responsive art too; you can do a search on the forum to see the cool results I had with WWFRR. I will post pics of the final result of TFTC when I am done installing the blacklight mod.
--ED LI NY

Cool! I gotta see what you've done.

#137 6 years ago

That's what I was hoping for. I always thought the Crypt Keepers eyes should have lit up or at least glowed, now he REALLY does look creepy. Now for the next question....what is this BL mod you were talking about? 3-4 bl spots?

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

I agree, it looks super creepy! All of the art throughout the PF looks fantastic with the BL on them.
I ordered led strips with adhesive back. It is about 15 feet in length and comes on a spool. I mount it the the inside walls of the cabinet, just below the glass line, so it is high enough to shine across all areas of the PF. You can cut the strip to fit your needs. I also wired in the dimmer switch the company has that I got the led strips from. The dimmer is nice because you can not only turn the LEDs on and off, but also control the intensity.

The strip doesn't get in the way when you lift the playfield? Got the web address and parts numbers for this? Sounds interesting, I want to check it out.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from classicgamefan:

I wonder if we can get CPR to include some black light active highlights if/when they repro the plastics.

That's a great idea.

#150 6 years ago

and the amount of UV coming from a 60W light bulb compared to the amount coming from the sun. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

#152 6 years ago

Today I bought a 60W CFL bulb at Home Depot today for $5, I'll see what it does tomorrow. When my game room is done may be I could arrange the pin line so EATPM will be under the bulb.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from renodakota:

Hey Crash I just noticed that yours has a post under the left upper flipper but is also missing the spotlight on the guillotine targets. were there multiple models of this game? Who else has a post under their flipper, mine has no signs that one was ever there.
Just curious.

Don't you mean the right upper flipper?

#171 6 years ago

Any chance of getting a plastic protector set made also. I'd like to have them on mine.

#174 6 years ago

My plastics are in beautiful shape and I want to KEEP them that way that's why I brought up the subject. Would all the plastics need protectors? Or are just certain one prone to breaking from ball strikes? That could effect the price of the set.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from BigJuz:

Topper looks great. So happy.

Now that's spooky!!! Great looking topper.

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

Thanks. I thought I read somewhere that the tftc legs had a flare on them because on the shaker motor. Is that right?

No flair on my legs.

1 week later
#196 6 years ago

This is turning into a BIG club. I just wish there were more call-outs.

#200 6 years ago

That last pic. looks pretty rough. You gonna buy some of that matching paint and paint it?

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Yeah, you've got to go with the mirrors. It makes it look so much better. It's a tight fit, so be careful. I love them on mine.
Congrats on the pick-up.

Now if someone was "REALLY" good with a router when the playfield was out they could route out where the blades go. Talk about a "custom" look.

#223 6 years ago

There's a nice TFTC posted in the Market, good price too.

#224 6 years ago

Will Williams bumper bodies and skirts work in a TFTC? Pinballcenter.eu has color transparent ones for sale. They would make a GREAT mod, the whole assembly would light up not just the caps.

#227 6 years ago

Those flippers would look cool to...especially if you could light them up.

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

I saw those and, it may just be the photos on ebay but, it kinda looked to me like a piece of plastic glued to the top of the flippers. Does anyone have a few photos (maybe close ups ) of the flipper mod installed?
Nonetheless, the flipper mod will go on my list of potential parts upgrades, along with the pinbits red dmd filter I saw last night.

I bought those for mine and your right they are a flat piece of plastic with printing on them and at $20 they are way overpriced.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

Yeah, I think I'm going to go with the Scarred Stiff boney flippers for the lower playfield with maybe red rubber. For the upper flipper I don't think the bones will look right. I was thinking maybe a translucent yellow or green with red rubber. I guess this project is looking less and less like the original machine each day...

Hey your modding it and having fun.

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

If you guys are going to be adding powered mods (5v / 12v) to your game, consider getting a Data East Pinball Power Bundle.
http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=663

That looks slick.

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Don't worry filter in the budget. Blades probably ly too just trying to decide regular or colored. And was thinking of some light for inserts. Anyone here have the inserts and done lighting?

What do you mean "anyone here have the inserts and done lighting". Please explain. Thanks

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

Going to be joining the club this weekend! It's in great shape just no leds. I have seen it with leds and it looks amazing, but like some say, just wondering if it is too bright and hurts the eyes. also, if i do go with leds, what leds should i get, what color, where to place, etc.? thanks

I just color matched but not the yellow, the yellow led made no dif. so I put a cool white in. I use Pinballbulbs.com because they have a frosted white cover over the led and to make it a Super Bright just pop the cover off. I keep one of each color that has the cover off and when the new covered bulbs come I try one of my keeper cover off bulbs first and then I try one of the new covered bulbs next, then decide which brightness I like best. Hope I explained it correctly.

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

One other question, are all leds in tftc the 44/77? thanks for all you guys help!

Lift the pf and check it out. Gotta learn your game sooner or later.

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Not sure exactly but here is the story from the original poster.
"Written by thokennedy, published October 26th, 2011. Read 274 times. 1 comment(s).
There is a gate on the top right corner that prevents a left orbit shot to flow through to the upper flipper, and instead the ball dribbles into the pops. In addition to that, there is a diverter that does the same when anything involving big points with the pops is active.
You can remove the gate...and this allows a fun flowing shot through the left orbit, and a good set up shot to the upper flipper. And since the diverter puts the balls in the pops when you would want it to, the gate isn't really needed anyway.
To me this makes the games flow alot better and allows some good set up shots to the upper flipper...hope you experience the same!
TK"

Any pictures of the parts removed?

#289 6 years ago

You'l REALLY like it when it's all shined up. Going for a full tare down cleaning? Have fun.

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from NickRocco:

Doing a litlle custom painting on the lock down bar, side rails and legs. Still have some work to do along with clear coat.

Does it light up under black light? Are ya gonna add more colors to it? Looks GREAT!!!

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

I ordered mine from ebay, via a seller named POMBOTECH". I got the set-up that included the black light LED strip (self adhesive back), with the needed power plug and adapter. The whole set-up came to $34.99 shipped.
Here is a link to the ebay item, if the link eventually dies for whatever reason, you can simply do a keyword "black light LED strip'", and look for the seller I mentioned.
Ebay link
Here is a pic of the item from the seller's listing, so you get an idea of what it is.

As for the instalation, I mounted the strip to the inside left/right side walls, just below the glass line, and simply the line of the glass (just below the glass line by about 0.5-0.75 inch below the glass line inside the machine. I liked this locarion as it doesn't shine directly at your face/eyes--since it is angled at the PF, and I also felt it gave a nice even coverege of all areas of the PF and such.
You should be able to get a basic idea from the pic below (it's one I had taken previously, but if you need, I can get another pic for you)

How tricky is it to lift the playfield?

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

600 mile round trip. I am now in the club!!

Congradulations That wasn't so bad was it.

#327 6 years ago

Hey guys just got an email from aztrac, he's looking to sell his beautiful TFTC. It's in great shape, he puts a lot of TLC into his games. I bought his Elvira and I couldn't be happier with it. Contact him if your looking for a top notch TFTC.

Me_&_Elvira_1.JPG

#329 6 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

On mine just put the strip under the back above the purple plastic..it lights up the top of the PF....It is completely hidden..it doesn't uv the bottom but I'm getting some uv 44's from Comet that should take care of that...

Those uv 44's aren't very strong so let us know how many and where you put them on.

#330 6 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

I ordered mine from ebay, via a seller named POMBOTECH". I got the set-up that included the black light LED strip (self adhesive back), with the needed power plug and adapter. The whole set-up came to $34.99 shipped.
Here is a link to the ebay item, if the link eventually dies for whatever reason, you can simply do a keyword "black light LED strip'", and look for the seller I mentioned.
Ebay link
Here is a pic of the item from the seller's listing, so you get an idea of what it is.

As for the instalation, I mounted the strip to the inside left/right side walls, just below the glass line, and simply the line of the glass (just below the glass line by about 0.5-0.75 inch below the glass line inside the machine. I liked this locarion as it doesn't shine directly at your face/eyes--since it is angled at the PF, and I also felt it gave a nice even coverege of all areas of the PF and such.
You should be able to get a basic idea from the pic below (it's one I had taken previously, but if you need, I can get another pic for you)

and if you were really good with a Dremel Tool you could route a 1/8in deep grove and lay the strip in it and the led's would be flush with the cab sides. That would be a REAL custom installation.

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

I'm going to be installing mine today. I'll try and take a couple pictures. It'll be on a bare playfield but should show the general brightness and whatnot.

Thanks much.

#334 6 years ago

Thanks for the effort. They didn't light the playfield like I was hoping, not powerful enough. I'm going to try a 75 watt incandesent in a reflector above the game between the floor joists so it's mostly hidden but that won't happen for a couple of weeks. Party City has the 75 watt bulbs for $1.99.

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cftbl-drive-in-themed-dvd-player-topper-with-creature-from-black-lagoon-dvd
I think we bed a similar tftc topper made to look like the house from the show intro with old season DVD playing episodes while you play the game.

Yeah, who's good at making big bird house size boxes that look like old spooky old mansions? I like it.

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I hope that you and many people know that the guy who ran this site has had health issues and his online store has been closed for awhile. I know the site is still up and running....but any orders placed will not be filled!!

Didn't know that thanks. I get my Glare Guards from Twistedpins.com.

#342 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Got to check out my tftc at the local arcade last night where it is hanging out through Halloween. Good to see it running at 100%.

Hope your making some money with it. How many paying plays so far?

#351 6 years ago

A friend and I were playing the game when during a really high scoring game all the sling lights went out, nothing else just them..... the game went down hill fast after that. Anything like that ever happen to any of you?

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

Joined the club as of today! Really happy with it, and plan to play a lot tomorrow; just tired for now.

2013-10-11 23.32.48.jpg 3 MB

2013-10-11 23.36.49.jpg 2 MB

Welcome to the club, fun game isn't it.

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

Thank you. Can you tell me what the hex space is? I appreciate the help!

He meant "hex spacer". Just click on his link to Marco and in the search window type "hex spacer". They will all be shown, just make sure you get the rite thread and length. Lots to choose from.

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Hey TFTC owners, quick question for you.
I might have a chance coming up to buy a TFTC. I'm curious whether the game allows you to tone down some of the gorier DMD animations. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but the wife isn't so sure with the kids...

Not that I'm aware of. With young kids in the house this may not be the game for you.

#399 6 years ago

Are there more then one string of lights in the bb? Or is it all one string.

2 weeks later
#422 6 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

They're coming in 2-3 weeks.
KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

Thanks for the update Kevin, be sure to post here when they are ready to sell. Are you doing a plastics protector set too?

#474 5 years ago

They are gonna sell a bunch of these.

#478 5 years ago
Quoted from Notbychance:

Just started my pinball collection and ended up getting a package deal on RFM, T2 and my favorite Tales from the Crypt!! Just finished reading this entire post of tftc and really like some of the mods you guys are doing. Keep up the good work.

Welcome to Pinside. Where are you from? Planning anymore buys?

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just thought Club Members might be interested in this. Topper maybe?
Ebay link

Nice, but I don't have the head room.

#497 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Patiently waiting for the new plastics…

All I need is the skill shot plastic, I see the the set comes with 2 of them. Is there a way to just buy that plastic?

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

I join the Fang Club tomorrow. Can't wait!

You should come over and check mine out. Compare the two.

#511 5 years ago

Is the Skill Shot over the drop targets a decal also? Mine looks like it was printed on paper then cut out and applied. But it has what looks to be a factory rivet holding the light socket on.

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Nope. It's spot-color silkscreened on the reverse side, with a white backing. It's # -19 in the plastic set series.
KEVIN

I added to my post above but you answered my question. But I only need that one piece.

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

If anybody is ordering the plastics and doesn't need the right side plastic over the PER eyeballs, PM me, mine just broke

You must have really nailed it with the ball. Do you think a homemade plastic protector would have helped?

#536 5 years ago

Joe at Laseriffic said he would make plastic protectors for our game if someone would send him the info. I don't know the game well enough to tell him which to make. Joe made 5 pieces for TaylorVa for his DW for only $15, he made 10 sets and sold them all. If anyone knows contact him, I know I would buy them.

#541 5 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I would be happy to do the CAD work for this, as I did with TaylorVA for his DW. And yes, i do have a tftc but don't see me having the time to take all the plastics off to get the tracing done.

That would be terrific of you. Not every plastic needs a protector so which ones do? No need to make them for all plastics. So what does everyone think, which plastics need them? Slings for sure so that's 2.

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

i cant stop playing this game! i ve got it 4 days ago...and play non stop!!! let s go Chopping!!! lol

All my friends can't stop playing it too. I have to tell them "only 3 games then move on". Same with Star Trek Pro.

#544 5 years ago

Thank you so much Kevin, this will really help us. I just wish CPR would have done this.

#549 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Unfortunately, we're never going to get into protectors because our repro plastics are already on PETG. Think of them as essentially "plastic protectors with silkscreening on them" 2-in-1. Shampoo and conditioner.
We've always considered plastic protectors to be something too few in runsize for us to develop and run, so even though we always have the material and equipment - we'd rather the laser be cutting repro plastic sets 8 hours a day. Plus the protectors territory is well covered by other makers, and has been for years. We're not going to tromp in their arena.
For PETG reproduction plastics, adding protectors is pretty much redundant. For original plastics (on click-cut butyrate), protectors are a very good insurance policy. Two totally different ballgames.
Even though we often double slings and "easy break" pieces if sheet space allows... we haven't heard of people breaking their installed ones yet, and needing to pull out the spares in rescue.
KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

Thanks Kevin, that explains it, makes total scense.

1 week later
#564 5 years ago

Sounds like that one could use a plastic protector. Anyone have the ability to make a bunch of them? I know I'd buy one.

1 week later
1 week later
#577 5 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Just finished shopping my game and really enjoying it. The DMD animations are great, even in todays' standards.
Just had a drop target snap arghh!

&

#593 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I just picked up my TFTC yesterday. What an incredible machine.

TFTC.jpg 247 KB

It's always a crowd pleaser. The pf really lights up nice with a couple of Pinballbulbs double spot lights with purple bulbs. I put one on the top post of each sling and probably one or two more other places. Now it's very playable in a dark room but could use a little more.

#606 5 years ago

Have you tried using a long nose pliers? I find it helps in a lot of locations. Someone sells a special bulb extractor (can't remember who) pliers with paddle like blades that would work too I'll bet.

1 month later
1 week later
1 week later
#665 5 years ago

Yeah Welcome, love mine, have had mine for almost a year. That will look great with the new plastics.

GR 3.JPG

I just wish I had the headroom to put the topper up.

#667 5 years ago

Lookin good. Wish the pf had more green, lights up nice under BL.

2 weeks later
#675 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

New TFCT owner, just got it Saturday. What has anyone done to reduce the glare on the playfield glass from the translite? I'm finding the glare can be distracting around the pops and upper playfield.
The pin came with full LEDs, but I removed the backbox LEDs and replace with 44s, except for a few spots of color. Blue in the upper right, green lower right, orange keep face area. But the glare is still pretty bad even with the 44s installed and I'm using a DMD guard already.

There is one of the pinball aftermarket companies that sells a guard to do just that but I can't remember their name. It's a plastic that replaces the glass of the tl.

#677 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'm most of the way through a NOS playfield swap. It was the first time I've done one. I replaced the stapled in GI sockets with the screw in type - its a lot easier to change out bulbs now. Mirror polished the the ramps and ball guides. I'm pretty happy so far.

DSCF0926.JPG 274 KB

DSCF0923.JPG 289 KB

That looks SPECTACULAR. I am SOOOO jealous. Great work.

2 weeks later
#695 5 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

Proud new owner of a nice TFTC!
Just wanted to post a link to few trinkets I found on Ebay that I think will work great as custom MODS. I just bought a set, there's only 4 sets left.
ebay.com link
I plan on using them above both the ramps (may have to cut them down etc), will have to find a place for the Elvis one, or just use his head. I coulda swore I saw one of these listed as a MOD on Ebay a few wks ago for like $125 for just one of them.. Here's the set for $25, SCORE!
Enjoy,
Harvs

tftcM.JPG 158 KB

Welcome to the club and thanks for the heads-up, I just bought a set. Cool.

#697 5 years ago

For sure. Would be nice to put an led in them and have them light up but the paint looks pretty opeque.

#710 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Custom mod on the Tales from the Crypt. Used a Walking Dead plastic bank I've had for a few years and cut the base off so it fits in the empty space behind the Living Dead ramp. Waiting for something to arrive for what I think will be a terrific mod above the left ramp area.

10256447_10152338103478158_42874... 147 KB

Yeah that does look cool.

#713 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That with CPR plastics, tumbled parts, and mirror blades should make for a nice looking game.

You bet it will, smart move.

#717 5 years ago

Color changers look nice. The one on the right looks like he has a crystal ball in front of him.

#725 5 years ago

I like that one too. My 3 little Crypt Keepers came yesterday, they look great but they sure do smell bad.

#730 5 years ago

Yup...looks pretty creepy. Must scare little kids.

#735 5 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

Chop of the morning to ya!!

tctfg-345.JPG 206 KB

tftcg1-638.JPG 172 KB

tftcg2-252.JPG 181 KB

I like what you did there.

#738 5 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

Luckily I had a spare cracked plastic that I cut to cover the area above the drop targets. I made my own plexi (thicker) to attach the Guillotine, after a few deep cuts on my hands it was perfect.. I then wired an LED into poor Crypt Elvis's head so the eyes light up.. I do plan on installing a bulb behind the original plastic so that lights as well..
Now to play the damn machine!! Ha..
Thanks,
Harvs

All that makes the game fun to look at.

#742 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Hey TFTC owners... how hard is it to find individual plastics for this game?
Specifically, the red plastic behind the drop targets??

If mine ever breaks I'm just going to make a new one out of red plex. Good luck with your hunt.

#747 5 years ago

Looks great.....but needs a little dripping blood on the Crypt word.

#750 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Started my teardown for clearcoat! Have JB Weld drying on the scoop, some light touch ups to follow, then off to clear. Trim and wireforms are with Back Alley Matt for powdercoat. New coin door installed and cabinet touch ups are complete. Flipper Fidelity speakers on the way and tons more. Can't wait to see it done!

Pictures for sure when it's done.

#752 5 years ago
Quoted from kjm8888:

Just picked up my TFTC from Allentown on Saturday so I'm officially a member now! No, it wasn't the nasty one in the free play area. This was a deal that I had made in advance so it went straight from the seller's truck to mine. Spent today stripping the playfield for a good cleaning and waxing. There's a few broken/repaired plastics that you don't really notice unless you go into the machine but I think I might order a repro plastic set anyway. The wire ramps are going out to my powdercoater this week. Love all the mods that people are doing here! I was undecided between TFTC and JP but thought TFTC was much more mod-friendly. I'll post pics as things come together.

Welcome aboard.

#756 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Okay, so here's the deal…
- Pulled the playfield and clear coated with 2-part auto clear (will do final wet sand in 2 days)
- Flipper Fidelity speakers on the way
- Added mirror blades
- New coin door installed
- Tumbling all metal parts now
- CPR plastics
- Alternate translite
- Touched up cab
- Trim with Back Alley Matt now
More to follow…

DSC_0173.JPG 282 KB

DSC_0203.JPG 213 KB

photo-17.JPG 42 KB

That thing is gonna be to nice to play. How long are ya gonna wait before you play it? Don't want to dimple that pf up.

#758 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'm pretty patient. I have a small collection, but ACDC always has me coming back.
I just returned from a 6 month journey with no pinball and this project was what kept my mind occupied. I completed everything in my mind… now I just have to execute. So far, so good. This was my first time repairing a scoop, clearing, removing a playfield, changing a coin door, tumbling, all kinds of stuff.
What's funny is that TFTC is not a sought-after game, but it's been a total blast to 'resurrect' it. I can't wait to get it all back together.

Well your doing a great job of it.

#763 5 years ago
Quoted from I-Closed-Wolskis:

I just made a custom TFTC Free Play instruction card for my TFTC. Just thought I would throw it up on this board.

TFTC_Done.jpg 89 KB

VERY nice.

#764 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I have an extra set of new CPR TFTC sling plastics I'm selling for $20 shipped if anyone is interested:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-new-tftc-sling-plastics-cpr-repros-20-shipped-in-us

Now that's a deal.

#766 5 years ago

Very nice, was it a plug n play install. Gives you something very easy to see to shoot for. Where did ya find the ball?

#788 5 years ago
Quoted from foxct:

Sadly, I must leave the fang club. I sold my TFTC to a Pinsider at Allentown, but its gone to a good home. Engore!

YOU'LL BE BACK! Sorry to see ya leave.

#793 5 years ago

Sounds like that one could use a rebuild. Do both while your at it.

#795 5 years ago

Welcome to the club, looks to be in fine shape. I see you have the alt tl also. That Rock sure knows his pins.

#799 5 years ago
Quoted from kjm8888:

I am the new owner of this particular TFTC! Thanks Dave! I'm hoping to pick up the ramps from the powdercoater tonight or tomorrow and start reassembly on Saturday. Doing a flipper rebuild while things are apart as well. Sometime in the next couple weeks I should have all of the parts to do a color LCD conversion on it. Of course, you guys have given me plenty of ideas for future mods as well! Having lots of fun with this one and havent even played it yet!

Welcome to the club. Have you read all 16 pages? A lot of good stuff in them.

#803 5 years ago

Dang that's nice. When you have a pf cc'd I thought you had to wait a while before you started putting it back together.

#805 5 years ago

I was thinking little things like metal and plastic star posts, these things put a lot of pressure in a very small footprint on the pf and just sit in one spot.

#807 5 years ago

Lookin good and welcome to the club. I play my games in the dark too so I put 3 Pinballbulbs double spot lights on the pf and it makes a big diff.

#809 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Looks like first major problem. Thought I would play a game before pool party and open a beer. Turn game on and no DMD disay and only some lights on when turn game on. Here is picture. Am I looking at major problems? Any help in baby steps since my tech knowledge and inside of game tech wire stuff is horrible? Thanks in advance.

image-681.jpg 192 KB

Did you check all your fuses?

#817 5 years ago

F3 does not look good to me. Whenever I see a fuse that looks like that I replace just to be sure.

#835 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I was fitting a cliffy the other day and noticed these two screws in the scoop!
are they factory?
Seems to me like they'll knock the ball on the way out and damage the ball!

2014-05-25 18.33.10.jpg 151 KB

Yup that's factory, mine's the same. Gonna put a little Plastic Dip on them and see if the ball takes it off.

#837 5 years ago

no not a silly place just a silly length of screw.

Quoted from urbanledge:seems like a silly place to have them.

#873 5 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

found this artwork for the TFTC the other day online, thought I would post it here, incase anyone needs it and/or we always know it will be here if needed in the future.
--ed

Tales_from_the_Crypt_MoP_1.png 260 KB

Why can't someone make a topper that lights up that looks like that. Nice.

#883 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just installed new flipper coils and sleeves...wow! Can easily make the left ramp now instead of 1/2 way up or just barely making it around the top curve. MUCH better!

Nice, mine are still working strong.

#886 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I was experimenting with the scoop last night.
i bent it down more and definitely getting less bounce outs.
I have some dampening rubber in work im going to put some between the scoop and the ramp to see if it kills the last of the bounce outs.

Hmmmm never had a bounce out.

#900 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just took a video of the mods completed so far.
Going to replace the shooter lane walls I installed with the walls that match the ones I installed along the Werewolf orbit. Still need to finish and install the Skull Crackin' pile of skulls mod and finish securing the fresh grave over the scoop. Few other touches to finish or add as well. But coming along nicely.
Funny thing about the video is that I had my jukebox playing in the background and Youtube muted the video due to copyright infringement.
» YouTube video

Outstanding.

#903 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Well... here is my current Data East line up in my basement.

image.jpg 224 KB

I've got 2 of your 3, SW and TFTC.

#912 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Swapped out the rat with a bat head. Rat was too large and didn't scale right IMO, but looked cool. For $.50 though, it was worth trying out. Got this bat head today from the flea market for .$50 also, which is where I find most of my mod inspiration....this was actually a Pez dispenser.
Scales much better than the rat, although still keeping an eye out for a rubber bat of an appropriate size and also able to slip over the ramp bulb to illuminate the eyes. But looks pretty cool.
Bummed that the guy I bought the stone skulls from wasn't there this weekend. But I can still installed my Skull Crackin' mod and just add the additional skulls I wanted when I see him again.
(seeing these pics reminds me I still have to install the new drop target decals)

DSC00498.JPG 207 KB

DSC00506.JPG 228 KB

That bat looks evil.

#913 5 years ago
Quoted from kjm8888:

I converted my DMD display to a color LCD using Dr Pinball's DMD Extender.
» YouTube video
The green is a bright green to match the Powdercoating on the ramps as well as the PF artwork. It looks washed out in the video. The LEDs at havoc with the iPad exposure meter. I'll get in-game video when I have someone to do video while I play.

That looks great, how hard was it to do.

#917 5 years ago

That really looks nice. Where did ya get them?

#919 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Off eBay. They are 28mm scale miniatures for playing games like Warhammer and other games like that. Used for cover for soliders during battle. hahaha
Have to get another set when they are back in stock. You can see the original gray walls I used on the right side of the shooter lane. I need another set to cut the tops off so the other side of the lane matches. Same walls I used on both sides of the left ramp for a cool 3D effect that really built up the ramp and orbit.

Got a link?

#927 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Try tightening the allen screws where the flipper shaft comes down into. Sounds like that's all it is.

and if that doesn't work you probably need new bats because the shafts have grooves in them from the clamps and you'll need new clamps also. There name escapes me at the moment.

#928 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Finally got to Crypt Jam! Put up 860 mil and had a blast. Really digging the clear coated playfield, new plastics, and smoooooooth LEDs using Herg's DE board.

DANG!!! Good going, must be the cc'd pf....right.

#930 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Wow! My HS is 347m on 3 ball.

WOW, nice. Mine's not even a third of that.

#934 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

My best is 650mill
Havent gotten to the jam yet but I nearly did a few days ago! Had one mini game left and I let it drain

WOW! How long did that one last?

#938 5 years ago
Quoted from Rocha:

For any of you that are fans of the show. These are pretty cool.
http://www.fright-rags.com/teaser/teaser-cryptkeeper.html
I was thinking of getting it for the book box. Could use it as a topper maybe.

Phone lines are gonna be jammed.

2 weeks later
#946 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I just used double sided 3M tape to secure the walls to the playfield. The screw holes from the wood wall could be used to screw the walls down, but I didn't think that would work well since you need more two and a half wall pieces to equal the length of the wood wall. So the holes won't like up for securing each piece and you'd also need at least two screws per wall piece.

Does the ball bounce of the wall more then having the wood piece there?

#948 5 years ago

Nuts, I thought it might have been an easy cheat.

1 week later
#953 5 years ago

Not much with TFTC, just playing it, no problems and putting more lights on my Avatar LE.

#956 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I added my marv!
Ended up taking him out and making a clear cast of his head but havent taken a pic.
I have him tied into the electric hair insert but I think I'll change it to something else and add a flasher.
Still havent made it to the crypt Jam but have been close

2014-06-22 21.49.15.jpg 158 KB

That looks pretty cool, where did ya find it.

2 weeks later
#971 5 years ago
Quoted from Turboghia:

I just purchased a TFTC, sight unseen, and it is in pretty rough condition. Looking for a few parts to get this complete. Shaker motor assembly and pcb is completely missing.
Anyone know the cabinet's blue/purple (main cabinet body) paint code?
Also does anyone make playfield insert decals? Quite a few of them need replacing...one of the three witches below the drop targets is missing, which is really disappointing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I can help with one, www.pinballuniverse.com has the purple paint. For DE Star Wars also I think. But remember it may not match exactly because your paint will be faded.

#974 5 years ago
Quoted from Turboghia:

Thanks for the help. Has anyone made their own insert decals? Any tips?
The machine was Dead On Arrival. I needed to replace the PS, PPB and bridge rectifiers and the large blue capacitor to get the machine up and running. I tore the playfield down, it was filthy and I don't think it was ever cleaned behind the plastics and rails. So far I found broken gates, broken wedge sockets, lots of taped wires-going to remove the tape-solder wires and add strink tubing, missing Shaker Motor assembly and pcb, missing knocker assembly, found a stuck coil, bunch of broken micro swtiches in ball trough so game won't recognize some of the balls, right ramp (180 degree) was taped down so something is missing. And of course missing the topper.

Dang....I hope ya got it for like 10 bucks.

#976 5 years ago
Quoted from Turboghia:

I wish I got it for $10, but I purchased it based on the fact I was told it was complete, minus the topper. It needs $1000 worth of parts...not to mention labor. Passion is getting in the way of common sense.
Anyone want to donate parts? Lol.

I just hope you can FIND the parts.

1 week later
#1001 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Had to steal post 1000... never done that before. No idea why but so the opportunity so had to go for it.
Peace,

The DEVIL made you do it right?

#1003 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah for sure! He also makes me take a photo of my car odometer when it turns from 99,999 to 100,000
Haha

Oh I've done that too.

2 weeks later
#1010 5 years ago
Quoted from h3xd:

I have always been a fan of the TFTC series and finally got a chance to play this machine at the local arcade. I think my wife approves of it because she said I could get one instead of taking her out on our anniversary this year! (might need this in writing) Needless to say I am now looking for one of these for my game room and hope to be part of the club soon.

WATCH OUT...IT'S A TRAP!!

#1013 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

75% of my balls are going SDTM after the plunge into the drop targets. The follow up ball is usually okay. Anyone else have this issue? I may need to adjust the incline... I just inboxed the game after a move.

Recheck your level and incline.

1 week later
#1042 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Not if I have my way.

Oh Chad, you gonna mess with the program and make it a better game like with DE Star Wars?

#1053 5 years ago

Would chips have to be replaced if new rules and sounds were added? What all is involved with that kind of swap and how much would it cost? Never done it before that's why I ask.

#1061 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just did it for my new Star Wars....remove a chip, insert a chip. Done.

Thanks, I was thinking a few chips. Even I could do one chip.......I think.

#1070 5 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Hello everyone, I'm a new member! I just picked up a TFTC for my first pin a couple days ago. It's been a shaky start as the left flipper went out less than 24 hours after I bought it but I think I've got that sorted out.
I'm going to have to clean up or replace the right orbit VUK as it seems to be taking 3 to 7 tries to kick the ball out and the guillotine drop targets are often launching the ball in the air.
Otherwise it's been a ton of fun and I can't wait to put in a lot more hours.

Welcome to the club.

#1109 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Received my new set of flipper fingers so I can replace my broken left finger. Had to make a few other adjustments while I had the glass off, so I figured I'd take some updated pics. Of course after I take the pics I noticed the organ player's temporary tape loosened. Need to mount it permanently now that I know I'm keeping him over the right ramp entrance.
The skull pile over Skull Crackin' has a red flickering LED inside and the hanging skulls shake when the shaker motor is on.

20140922_185028.jpg 247 KB

20140922_185038.jpg 215 KB

20140922_185143.jpg 301 KB

20140922_185258.jpg 243 KB

20140922_185340.jpg 258 KB

20140922_185432.jpg 192 KB

20140922_185411.jpg 298 KB

20140922_185458.jpg 308 KB

20140922_184900-725.jpg 248 KB

20140922_184818-185.jpg 365 KB

Great job.

#1113 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys: someone talk about shopping the top of the pf. I.e steps involved In the tear down
About to get into mine. Wondering about the order of taking ramps off etx.

I haven't done mine either, sorry.

#1129 5 years ago
Quoted from alpha70:

Hi all I have owned my tftc for 8 years now and have only recently joined pinside.I haven't posted or commented until now.But i have to give all of you other "Fright Fans" alot of credit,Some of the playfield mods and information on this thread is very cool.Cheers

Nice to see you here. You should have joined Pinside 8 years ago. Where are you located and how many games do you have?

#1132 5 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

I just added glow in the dark tape in the shooter lane, out lanes, orbit, left ramp and top of the scoop. I'm interested in how it will hold up. It seems quite sturdy. Time will tell.

IMG_20140923_213748.jpg 233 KB

Very interesting. Keep us informed.

#1149 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Seriously, I will buy a custom ROM with the only change being the guillotine sounds removed or timed out. That's worth $50 to me right now.

Me too.

#1152 5 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I haven't been bothered by or really noticed the guillotine sounds yet,

You must not play your game very loud.

#1170 5 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I'm starting to look into LEDs for my machine. I don't really know much about bulbs in general or LEDs in particular. Looking at the manual, it says that there are #44, #89 and #555 sockets. #89s are used in pop bumpers, some inserts, and some G.I. but I'm not really seeing many options for #89 LEDs, so what am I to do?
I'm also interested in any advice when it comes to picking LEDs and colours. I figure I'll colour match the insert lights with frosted bulbs, but that's about as far as I've got so far.

What I did was remove the light boards one at a time to get at the inserts (where they are used) and cleaned them and then used alcohol and Q-tips and cleaned the insides of the inserts. All the other sockets I unscrewed from the pf, one at a time and cleaned those inserts the same way. Mine were REALLY dirty, I must have used 100 Q-tips then color matched the bulbs. Just remember not to torque the screws when reinstalling them. When your under there just clean anything you can get at. A clean game is a happy game.

1 week later
#1224 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I just added TFTC to the Micro Display Mod listings. There are 28 titles now available. These play video, not still photos. The sample video is about 40 minutes long before it repeats. It's a mixture of comic book art and the Cryptkeeper segments from the show. http://www.sparkypinball.com

TFTC 1.JPG 171 KB

TFTC 2.JPG 185 KB

TFTC 4.JPG 194 KB

Another great looking one Sparky. Love the bezel art too.

#1228 5 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

I added two green LED strips within the tombstone. Looks great and makes it more of a focal point.

IMG_20141010_221247.jpg 168 KB

Yup sure does. Aren't those strips great.

#1252 5 years ago

Something smells a little fishy about that post. Someone who REALLY knows the game has to play it. So who's going that REALLY knows the game and report back to us?

#1263 5 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

When exactly we all get to talk about what we're not talking about isn't entirely up to the guy doing the work we're not talking about and I'm more frustrated than all of you put together.

say that real fast 3 times.

#1267 5 years ago
Quoted from KAPSIG1:

Installed the Cliffy replacement T-Gate I recommend it

What does that look like again?

#1272 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Someone had to play it (well, hopefully someone like us who enjoy and know the game). Please report (on the progress of the thing that we are not talking about)!

Were we talking about something. I forgot.

#1274 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

All this talk about not talking about it is almost as confusing as LIONMAN!

Is he talking about what were not talking about.........and who's LIONMAN.

#1283 5 years ago
Quoted from kjm8888:

I was asked to post some recent pics of my TFTC:

TFTC-01.jpg 62 KB

TFTC-02.jpg 55 KB

TFTC-03.jpg 120 KB

TFTC-04.jpg 141 KB

TFTC-05.jpg 153 KB

TFTC-06.jpg 140 KB

TFTC-07.jpg 91 KB

TFTC-08.jpg 91 KB

TFTC-09.jpg 71 KB

Let's try this again. Love the green wire forms and the color dmd. The pf looks a bit dark though.

#1286 5 years ago

Dang....that really adds to the mystery that we'er not talking about.

#1297 5 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Just hook them up to the translite lights circuit

I don't think he knows how that's why he asked.

#1300 5 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Fair enough... the middle assembly at this link would have been perfect:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch;jsessionid=BBA36B3FE8F71600FFF7A779F605D33B.jvm1?SEARCH_STRING=spotlight
If you look at the panel behind your translite you'll see that each light is connected to two wires.
You would take the wires of the spotlight assembly and hook one to each of these two wires (whichever, doesn't matter).
Now since that assembly is not available, just buy the reflectors, buy the 555 LEDs and put them in there and just use whatever wires to hook them up.

Yes that 3 light assembly would be perfect, to bad it's not in stock.

1 week later