image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 10 years ago

^^ The color on the website says purple, but I'm assuming its blue...?

Picking up a TFTC next month! I already purchased the alt translite and red DMD filter. Anyone try mirror blades? It seems like a tight fit, but I'm curious if anyone has successfully installed them.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Yeah, I put the pinball side mirrors in, and it looks great. No problem with fit, but it is a little tighter now. I'd post pics if I wasn't on my phone...

Pics when you can!! I'd love to see.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from BigJuz:

Prop Replica bust is $299 at kreationx.com

If I had that topper, my kids would never be in the basement again.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Sorry about the crappy phone camera pic, but here they are.

Are these from pinballsidemirrors? Was this a tight fit? Any problems installing?

3 weeks later
#90 10 years ago

+1 new member of the fang club!

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#124 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

From what I have been told, a repro set will be available by the end of the year
--ED LI NY

From CPR?

2 months later
#493 10 years ago

Patiently waiting for the new plastics…

#501 10 years ago

Sweet! I went to order, but the set disappeared from the plastics store. I'm sure it will be back soon... Can't wait!

#508 10 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

One other question - I noticed the plastic for the shooter lane was not made (the guillotine plastic with the guy looking up at the blade - it covers the ball-launching solenoid). Looks like it is almost riveted down - is that why it was not included in this kit?

I noticed that too.

At any rate, I purchased the plastics this morning without a second thought. Can't wait to do a thorough shop job and swap the plastics. The game will look great!

#509 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

How bad are the plastics on an average TFTC? I will own one someday and I'm wondering if I should purchase a set before they are no longer available. Do you guys think it's worth buying ahead of time?

The plastic above the drop targets is usually broken along with the plastic over the scoop. The rest may be warped or faded after years of incandescent heat. The green on the new set look awesome.

Definitely recommended, and you can always sell later if you don't need them.

4 months later
#678 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'm most of the way through a NOS playfield swap. It was the first time I've done one. I replaced the stapled in GI sockets with the screw in type - its a lot easier to change out bulbs now. Mirror polished the the ramps and ball guides. I'm pretty happy so far.

DSCF0926.JPG 274 KB
DSCF0923.JPG 289 KB

Nice find on the NOS playfield. I know you were looking for a while. Recommend you mylar the scoop (I don't like the Cliffy on this game - too many rejected shots).

I'm planning to strip and clear my TFTC next month. Was it a pain to strip the topside? How difficult to remove the playfield?

2 weeks later
#712 10 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

I noticed the same thing when I installed my Cliffy. Not sure if I am just sucking at the moment or if it is indeed reducing my shots.

Reason #1 why I'm clearcoating my playfield. Plan is to remove the cliffy, repair the damage, paint and clearcoat. That with CPR plastics, tumbled parts, and mirror blades should make for a nice looking game.

2 weeks later
#749 9 years ago

Started my teardown for clearcoat! Have JB Weld drying on the scoop, some light touch ups to follow, then off to clear. Trim and wireforms are with Back Alley Matt for powdercoat. New coin door installed and cabinet touch ups are complete. Flipper Fidelity speakers on the way and tons more. Can't wait to see it done!

#755 9 years ago

Okay, so here's the deal…

- Pulled the playfield and clear coated with 2-part auto clear (will do final wet sand in 2 days)
- Flipper Fidelity speakers on the way
- Added mirror blades
- New coin door installed
- Tumbling all metal parts now
- CPR plastics
- Alternate translite
- Touched up cab
- Trim with Back Alley Matt now

More to follow…

photo-17.JPGphoto-17.JPGDSC_0203.JPGDSC_0203.JPGDSC_0173.JPGDSC_0173.JPG

#757 9 years ago

I'm pretty patient. I have a small collection, but ACDC always has me coming back.

I just returned from a 6 month journey with no pinball and this project was what kept my mind occupied. I completed everything in my mind… now I just have to execute. So far, so good. This was my first time repairing a scoop, clearing, removing a playfield, changing a coin door, tumbling, all kinds of stuff.

What's funny is that TFTC is not a sought-after game, but it's been a total blast to 'resurrect' it. I can't wait to get it all back together.

1 week later
#780 9 years ago

Powdercoat arrived from Back Alley Matt and it looks awesome-o. Flipper Fidelity speakers installed, new coin door installed, cabinet touch-ups applied… the clear coat is taking some time though. The epoxy and touchups went smooth, but the sanding is a bear. One or two more shots of clear and we're off to the races. Maybe another week before the playfield assembly.

#800 9 years ago

Touchups and clearcoat done. Time for reassembly...

image-974.jpgimage-974.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#801 9 years ago

Black gloss powdercoat from Back Alley. Ramps also coated black. New coin door and mirror blades. Probably a week or so to reassemble.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#804 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang that's nice. When you have a pf cc'd I thought you had to wait a while before you started putting it back together.

I put the last coat of clear last week, polished last night after wet sanding. It will take me a week or so to put it together. I'm going to wait another few weeks to play, but I'd like to clean up the awful mess of screws, wires, ramps, etc. The biggest issue is possible damage to the playfield holes, but I should be okay...

#824 9 years ago
Quoted from Hyperion:

Just got my ramps back & put in.

tales ftc 001.JPG 405 KB

tales ftc 002.JPG 410 KB

tales ftc 007.JPG 311 KB

tales ftc 010.JPG 210 KB

tales ftc 011.JPG 312 KB

Looks good! I went with gloss black trim and ramps. Also, I have the same lime green star posts on my slingshots. Will upload pics soon.

#874 9 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resurrecting-tftc-a-clearcoat-powdercoat-adventure

Here's a thread I did detailing my game refresh.

Also, does anyone have a guillotine skill shot decal they'd like to sell? I can buy outright or trade for new spinner decals.

#876 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm confident to say this TFTC is the most beautiful one in existence.

Well, let's see the most beautiful TFTC in existence.

#881 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I may have a spare drop target decal I can send you. I'll check.

Sorry, I actually need the decal by the plunger with the dude's head on it. Mine is faded orange. I replaced all of the other decals, but that one is missing. I couldn't bring myself to drop $50 on the full set at Marco.

#887 9 years ago

I installed drop dead foam on the left side. No impact to play.

#889 9 years ago

It's a small piece to cover the exposed wood, about half the size of a postage stamp. I just repaired the scoop and I'm trying to prevent further wear.

#893 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Where did you buy the dampening foam? I wanted some for another game, but only could find it on one site and they didn't have other items I needed. So didn't want to pay shipping for a piece of foam....cheap bastard that I am.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/0500-9851

$0.60. Add it on to your next order. You want thin, black foam.

#898 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Can anyone tell me what the Crypykeeper is saying when you hit the left ramp? Sounds like "fright fear" but that doesn't make sense.

I think he says "Fright here"... But I could be mistaken.

Since we're on the subject, are you planning a rules update for this game?

#902 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Well... here is my current Data East line up in my basement.

image.jpg 224 KB

C'mon Chad! You gotta give us a better hint! BTW, great lineup. JP is on my short list, and I'm dying to play SW with the updated code. TFTC is a total keeper for me after all the work I put in, and I'd love to see updated code...

#911 9 years ago

Looking for this decal if anyone has a spare. I can trade new spinner decals or buy outright. Thanks!

crypt.pngcrypt.png

#926 9 years ago

Finally got to Crypt Jam! Put up 860 mil and had a blast. Really digging the clear coated playfield, new plastics, and smoooooooth LEDs using Herg's DE board.

#931 9 years ago

Game is on 3 ball with default settings at 6.5 pitch. It was one of those games where all of the shots just made it. I don't have a Cliffy on the scoop, and I swear that rejects half of the shots. Killer game, just love it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#957 9 years ago

Anyone order the repro topper from pinballlife? Curious about the quality...

1 week later
#964 9 years ago

I had no idea those were unobtanium. Well done Cliffy!

2 weeks later
#984 9 years ago

^^ Is that the one from pinballlife? That one is $150 but no pictures of the back.

Tough to spend that much on a plastic topper...

3 weeks later
#1011 9 years ago

75% of my balls are going SDTM after the plunge into the drop targets. The follow up ball is usually okay. Anyone else have this issue? I may need to adjust the incline... I just inboxed the game after a move.

#1015 9 years ago

Thanks for the tips. I'll readjust the incline and check the guide plate.

I really enjoy this game. There is so much to do and so much to shoot for!

2 weeks later
#1058 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

What's the topside shop out like on tftc?
Easy? Hard? Looks easy

Not bad at all. As always, take lots of pictures and organize in baggies. Nothing too cosmic.

#1078 9 years ago

Could make a mini-wizard mode ala Tron. For TFTC, you don't need to finish modes, just start them. Create a 'Sea of Simulation' type event to complete everything before Crypt Jam.

#1115 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys: someone talk about shopping the top of the pf. I.e steps involved In the tear down
About to get into mine. Wondering about the order of taking ramps off etx.

Really no set way to do it. Spend 10 minutes studying the pf and taking pictures. Start from the bottom and work your way up. The ramps aren't bad to remove. I'd rebuild the VUK while you're shopping the game. May want to look at your flippers also.

#1141 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

You guys are thinking like I am thinking.
Did anyone pay close attention to the TftC that was in the hallway at the DK Pinball booth at MGC this past spring?

You gotta stop teasing us Chad! When's the code gonna drop?

#1226 9 years ago

Bought mine today!

#1230 9 years ago

Welcome to the crypt!

image-330.jpgimage-330.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#1234 9 years ago

No prob. On my way to eat some cheeseburgers but I'll snap some shots and upload. Installation was a breeze and it mounts nicely.

#1250 9 years ago

If you guys are saying what I think you're saying, when does this thing we're saying become available so we can not talk around what we're saying

#1255 9 years ago

Really excited about a possible update. Let's breathe some life into the old crypt keeper.

#1258 9 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

- Chad is my best friend.
- The TFTC is mine, but it hasn't been at my house in months.
- We brought it to Pinball Life in my truck, from a house that isn't mine, and Chad helped load it.
- I hope someone here plays it and talks about it besides me.
When exactly we all get to talk about what we're not talking about isn't entirely up to the guy doing the work we're not talking about and I'm more frustrated than all of you put together.
Chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop ..... silence, glorious silence.

Thanks for loaning your game! I've done that too and it shows great trust all around. Chad seems like a standup guy and I'm sure we'll line up when the thing we can't talk about becomes the thing we can have at home. If you're at expo, take a video!

#1275 9 years ago

Anyone check out the new code at expo?

#1277 9 years ago

Any changes to the ruleset? What kind of call outs did you hear? C'mon, give us the goods!

#1280 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#1317 9 years ago

Chad is such a tease!

#1323 9 years ago

Mine did the same thing until I increased the tilt and leveled. No issues since.

#1329 9 years ago

I meant pitch… currently set to about 6.9… Game flows well and the skill shot always hits the left flipper. It was going SDTM every time before I upped the pitch 1/2 degree.

#1332 9 years ago

I thought it was 'Frighty-o,' like 'righty-o.'

But what the hell do I know?

#1339 9 years ago

Very sad to leave the club, but my uber-nice TFTC is for sale in the Marketplace

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tftc-clearcoated-powdercoated-lots-of-extras

#1341 9 years ago

Me too. This is an incredible game with a ton of features.

Only selling to fund AMH.

#1343 9 years ago

^^ Darn Spooky and his great product!

#1346 9 years ago

^^ I tried to swindle his AMH, but he had a Kung Fu grip on it!

1 week later
#1380 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Does anyone ever have their Skill Shot not register when they hit a drop target? But then the Skill Shot activates afterwards when the ball hits another switch somewhere else? I am getting this occasionally. My drop target switches test good in test mode. I am running on v.3.03.

I've seen that a few times, usually after my 4 year old rapid fires the launcher. If I wait for the drop targets to go a full cycle, no issue.

1 month later
#1419 9 years ago
Quoted from Gate-keeper:

Can some one tell me if their pitch level is flush with the machine or if the top is deeper than the bottom? Cause I have my front legs buried and my back legs maxes and I'm struggling to get a 6 pitch.

I bought 30.5 inch legs for the back with 28.5 legs up front. Made a world of difference. You can find them on pinballlife.com.

#1425 9 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

I just thought it was my room but I have wood under my back legs to get the pitch right.

That's what I did initially, but longer back legs are preferable. Stern legs will fit just fine.

6 months later
#1638 8 years ago

Buy new ground cable from pinballlife. You don't need the end connector, just screw in the ground cable with a washer.

2 months later
#1680 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

If you own a Tales from the Crypt and an EPROM programmer and you would like to patch your own personal game then go here:
http://www.pinballcode.com/
Instructions are provided for you to do this. Do not contact me to purchase ROMs as I cannot sell them.
There is a full list of changes available on the website as well.

HUGE NEWS!!! Congrats to all TFTC owners and nice work Chad!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 210.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=mudflaps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.