image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#538 10 years ago

This is a great game. I miss my TFTC. The end of ball flasher show is awesome and there is so much to do in the game. I only made it to crypt jam twice in 4 years.

Mine had those 5 green lenses in the backbox like Lloyds, but I never got around to adding the flashers. I had some sling protectors laser cut for mine which helped as I cracked them twice before the protectors. Highly recommended.

9 months later
#1072 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Now we just need ChadH to weigh in on if he is really gonna do this... Come on, dude, give us what we want!

What would you want changed in the software? I put thousands of games on mine and I never once thought the scoring was imbalanced, the modes weren't random enought, even the guillotine video mode is random in the recent software version. This is one game that doesn't need fixing. I've made it to crypt jam twice in 4 years, so its a tough but possible wizard mode. Sadly, I sold the game to get a NIB title, but I think this title has great code.

#1074 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

There is no guillotine video mode

Sorry meant DOOR PRIZE video mode. D'oh!

1 year later
#1703 8 years ago

Boy this is really fun. I was hesitant when you said you were going to modify the rules on TFTC, but everything you changed is a great addition/revision to an already outstanding game. I think the added voice calls are my favorite.

Excellent job, excellent! Brilliant way to release your new code to the masses, btw!

1 month later
#1793 8 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

I've been enjoying the new code. Thanks again for doing this! Real quick TFTC question for everyone, what do the majority of you use for your post sleeves? I ordered a kit off of eBay and replaced all of the rubbers throughout he playfield and hate the post sleeves now when I'm trying to hit the ramps. Does anyone use the Cliffy plastic sleeves or others and have any thoughts? Shoot me a message to keep the forum on topic if you can. Thanks in advance.

I had the thin colored cliffy post sleeves when I had my game. They were really easy to wipe off, very durable, shiny and I never had a problem with them.

4 months later
#2022 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Yeah, sorry! I saw your post before, looked everywhere, didn't find them but it kept bugging me because I remembered someone made them and I just figured it out! You're in luck! The almighty Cliffy has a solution!!!
Pic taken from his site. Also, here's the link to the page with all the TFTC parts he has made. I love his lift gate latches on No Good Gofers, and the fact that he makes more than just protectors!
http://www.passionforpinball.com/tftc.htm

Wow these look very nice and sturdy. I'm sure lots of people are missing one or the other or have cracked ones. Great job Cliffy!

2 months later
#2100 7 years ago

My TFTC had a lamp that flashed in the shooter lane under the red plastic when ball save was on. Pretty sure it did anyway.

Quoted from pindude80:

On the new code was there an indicator added to let the player know when the ball save is on? I don't believe the factory code has this.

#2119 7 years ago

I wondered that too, when I had my tftc. However the wire forms and other parts were so close to the sides I would imagine they would hit the mirror blades if you lifted the playfield. Of all the games I had that one had so many parts it was difficult t let the playfield without scratching one of the sides.

Quoted from davebart5:

Has anyone here installed mirror blades in their TFTC? It's a mod i've been considering, but wanted to see if anyone has any photos of theirs and/or see what they thought of them.
Seems like replacing the normal blue painted sides with the mirror would look killer with the wire form ramps and lighting.

4 months later
#2205 7 years ago

When I had mine, I had to ensure the ball was centered in the cup that is attached to the rod. If the ball is not sitting in the center of the cup, it will rattlle the sides of the wireform and lose energy. Mine operated at 100% after that.

Quoted from Billy16:

Has anyone experimented with using a stronger coil at the rear VUK? I've rebuilt and adjusted it, but it still won't kick up on the first kick most times. Maybe a stronger coil would blow the ball up more consistently?

5 months later
#2321 7 years ago

It looks like the gate is too low or positioned before the posts. The gate should be out more , even with or slightly ahead of the posts to prevent ball hang ups. If you rest a ball on the gate it should roll to the left over the post and not hang up.

Quoted from Boat:

Hello kiddies! I need some help.
The shooter lane gate was getting stuck open and balls were dropping back into the lane.
I lubed the lane gate and now it seems too loose and the ball is getting stuck on the gate. Any advice? Maybe less lube to find the sweet spot?

1 week later
#2328 7 years ago

Stock coils are more than powerful enough. If yours are not, check the mechs, sleeves, and if all else fails, replace with stock coils. check the manual. All of the 90s Data East games had really strong flipper coils.

Quoted from pinmister:

I want to increase the power to my flippers on TFTC. Can anyone recommend the most powerful coils that are compatible with TFTC? I play my Ghostbusters with really powerful flippers and then I play my TFTC and they feel way under powered. I like my games set with a steep pitch and I want it to play fast and clear both ramps with ease. Any suggestions appreciated

3 weeks later
#2350 7 years ago

When I had my TFTC I put these colored skinny post rubbers on the game. They look great, are thinner than stock and are super easy to clean with a wet rag.

http://passionforpinball.com/colorsleeves.htm

Quoted from RussMyers:

I really don't recommend leaving the bare metal post for the balls to bang into.
Cover the metal post with a segment of clear (or colored; they do some colors) plastic air hose used for fishtanks. It's thin and a tight fit over the post but prevents direct contact to the metal. Much smaller than the post rubbers. Also cheap as hell.
RussM

#2373 7 years ago

Probably the same trimming needed for the TOMMY install. There is a mounting document on the ColorDMD site for TOMMY LCD installation if you want to check it out.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

It's doable... Because of the size of the LCD size the speaker panel must be modified ... It's a simple trimming of the translite ledge ... Again cannot say enough positive things about the color on this game, we all know the animation is fantastic. Hard to play now because you tend to want to watch your display! The jackpot sequence is amazing !

#2380 7 years ago

DE Tommy, TFTC, JP, etc LCD install instructions:
http://www.colordmd.com/ColorDMD%20Installation%20Instructions%20for%20Data%20East%20Rev6.PDF

Quoted from davebart5:

Remind me, does the trimming occur behind the panel where you can't see it, or is there any part of the modification that is visible when playing the game?
I looked but couldn't find the TOMMY mod doc for the LCD.
I ordered the LED, but man I really like the smooth look of the LCD.

1 week later
#2398 7 years ago

I have the LCD in my Tommy (very similar). No glare at all on the DMD. Do you have some upgraded lighting in the backpanel that is getting the reflection?

Quoted from Gorno:

Installed the Color DMD tonight. It looks good, but it wasn't an easy install with the LCD. I ended up having to drill new mounting holes in the LCD bracket, as well as dremel that large chunk of my material off. I need better cut off wheels. Does anyone else have a lot of glare on their DMD?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.