image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koolfingers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 10 years ago

not sure if this is what your looking for.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#39 10 years ago

Yes there are 2 rollover switches. You're probably missing the wire form.

#41 10 years ago

oh and as for your other request a wider shot pf up (pic 1). And for reference the bolt on the corner of the ball return brackets goes thru the playfield and is used in the end hole as the the anchor points for the support bracket (pic 2)

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Hey quick question, I am one to restart games if I have a total crap first ball a lot of times but on my TFTC when I push the start button after the first ball to try and restart a game it goes into a ball search everytime and ends up kicking out all the balls prior to restarting. Anyone else have that happen with this or if not any idea why I would? This was my first Data East so not used to some of the differences maybe.

Sorry I've never restarted a game after a crap first ball. I've always played them out and ended up having had some of my best games. You should play the game out for better or worse.

oh and at the moment I'm trying to finish up on mine so I can't even check for you.

#45 10 years ago

Yep, I pretty much powder coated everything. Good eye.
I was really waiting to finish up before posting pics, but it seems there's always one more thing, so I'll post pics this weekend finished or not.

Quoted from bemmett:

Nah, my time is precious, I gotta enjoy my play when I can...

Lately, I know what you mean. And if I had one running, I'd probably be doing just that.

#47 10 years ago

No problem EN3, glad to be able to help. That's what makes this place, everyone tries to help out with problems, one way or another.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

I got a TFTC 3+ months ago and could not be happier. Great game. I love the hard shots, the balanced scoring, the sound, art etc... hard too. I have not hit the Monster Jackpot yet, or the Crypt Jam on standard 3 balls.
I probably should try some leds.
A reasonably hard hit to the crypt often leads to the ball bouncing back out. I was thinking about adding a foam pad in the back to help reduce this. Has anyone tried this?
I have a Cliffy protector in the Creature Feature sink hole. It seems to slightly reduce the success rate on hitting this shot. Has anyone noticed this as well?

Definitely a great game bias as I am. LEDs make a big difference. There are kits but you're sometimes better figuring your own color scheme and a bit cheaper too.
Oh and welcome to pinside.

1 week later
#64 10 years ago

The paint is blue and matches nicely. I've got black mirrored blades and mines a tight fit.

Quoted from E_N_3:

Anybody do any work on their TFTC this week?

I'm working on mine and was close to being finished until I got the tracking # for my Pig][. So now I'm scrambling to get things together to use with it.

#66 10 years ago

I have one but haven't play with it installed yet and have heard that also. I was thinking of filing down the edge to see if that improves play.

#72 10 years ago

Glad you got it running with little problem

1 week later
#82 10 years ago

Well I was planning on a few servos, one to do Mike's crypt keeper pointer and I got a guillotine I'm trying to incorporate with the drop targets. A few lights, but I was going to run digital LEDs under and behind the cabinet till I learned the Pig doesn't handle that sort of thing. So I'm going to end up purchasing an Arduino just to run the digital cabinet lighting. image.jpgimage.jpg

#87 10 years ago

Damn iPhone doesn't play well with pinside with the sideways pic.

Thanks for the vids Mike.

Circumciser not so much, Eunuch maker more likely.

1 week later
#92 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

+1 new member of the fang club!

Congratz on the new addition.

Quoted from bemmett:

Mine is going up for sale shortly, just out of room and unfortunately this is the one to go. Anyone interested in advance let me know. Awesome shape with a "unique" topper, one decal that tore up just slightly but otherwise really great shape overall.
Couple pictures:
http://sdrv.ms/12yhKFj

I may know someone PM me your asking price.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

The pointing crypt keeper is powered with a PIG 2 and it's mounted on a micro servo. "Hard to do" is kind of relative. I did have to cut the production plastic. I also had to make custom servo mounts using some thin sheet metal.
I'm sure there are other ways to accomplish this. This was really meant as a one off mod and I'm not sure how I'd make it a kit. I'll happily answer any questions if you want to take this on yourself.
The clearances are VERY tight. If it's too far forward you start having to worry about the glass and the ramp. If it's too far back, you can snag a foot on the tombstone when it raises. I actually made that mistake and had to pull it all apart (after these pictures) cut the plastic more and move the servo forward about 1/4 inch.
I normally opt for fully reversible mods, but it just wasn't possible here. And, why would you ever reverse such a cool mod?
Also, that servo is not visible from the front of the game. It's pretty hard to see from the sides.

I'll be hitting you with some questions here soon. Thx.

Will you be getting your help forum up anytime soon?

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Just got one in this weekend very excited !!!!Mine needs a good bit of work to get it up and running.In need of a deep cleaning as well none the less very excited!!
Inline image display is disabled. Click here to view this image, or you can re-enable inline image displaying.

Congratz also. I know mine did but there are other far far worse http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/filthy-dirty-tftc-restore-project?ti=0

#101 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

I posted a little while back that I ordered the special paint for TFTC, which is mixed to be exactly to the DE specifics for the game. I thought I would show a fast pic pic of it, so others can see it is pretty spot on, especially for touch up. It's just the first coat, but I think you will get the idea. The "after" pic has some glare on it, but again, I figured it would be helpful.
--ed
Here is the link to the website that has the game specific paint: http://www.pinballuniverse.com/PinballPaints.htm#

Yep matches up nicely, have some myself. The other colors match too, just for reference.

Quoted from Krakatoa:Seems like it took forever to get one but I'm finally in the club!!! Needs to be cleaned up a bit and had to replace a couple of lamp sockets but otherwise in nice condition and plays great.

Welcome to the club. You'll enjoy it alot.

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I got my TFTC a couple of weeks ago
Can I join the club?

Quoted from classicgamefan:

Just picked up a TFTC tonight.
Regards,
Jon

Congratz to both of you on the new edition, and welcome to the club.

#125 10 years ago

Not that I heard.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

I don't think it is public/official yet, but if you read the response I quoted from CPR, it seem pretty promising that they are coming soon
--ED LI NY

Wrote them asking the same thing or permission to make a small run, but no response.

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Want to see a filthy game? Fresh off route!

Definitely dirty. Your machine?

1 week later
#167 10 years ago
Quoted from Prosedsp:

Hey Everyone, we are really close to completing the playfield plastic scans to get a reproduction going! If you want playfield plastics, or if you have a complete set of playfield plastics, read this thread!
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tales-from-the-crypt-tftc
Thanks!

Prosedsp maybe I'm misread the email Stu sent me. I'm taking it as yes they're going to do it, but when is still unknown. So please don't get everyone thinking it's right around the corner, at least that's how I'm taking your post. But I'll know more myself in the next couple of days after talking with him. TBH I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

My plastics are in beautiful shape and I want to KEEP them that way that's why I brought up the subject. Would all the plastics need protectors? Or are just certain one prone to breaking from ball strikes? That could effect the price of the set.

The drop target plastics get the most abuse IMO. But protectors in a few other spots would be great too.

#182 10 years ago

I believe they're both the same, 28.5", both black.

1 week later
#217 10 years ago

In case you don't want to make your own.
ebay.com link: itm

4 months later
#622 10 years ago

That went yesterday evening. It was up almost 24 hrs with 5 offers (I was one) then someone did a bin @ the $350, I believe.

3 weeks later
#639 10 years ago

That door handle that was up a few weeks ago is back up, for anyone who missed it last time. ebay.com link: itm

2 months later
#778 9 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

Does anyone repro the clear plastic that goes on far right? Also, need a close up photo of the area right behind Crypt. I have a metal standoff that just juts into space doesn't seem to have any purpose.

Hope this helps, if not let me know I'll dig thru my pics.
TftC disassembly 11.57.47-813.jpgTftC disassembly 11.57.47-813.jpg

2 months later
#959 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That looks pretty cool, where did ya find it.

Check Amazon. There are/were 2 different models of him.

3 weeks later
#982 9 years ago

Run thru this thread, I believe there are a few pics showing what people have done to make them look better. Or Laseriffic has/had one https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-laseriffic-tftc-finished-pics-vid

3 weeks later
#1017 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I find myself playing this one more than any of the others...not sure why!

It's a great game.

8 months later
#1566 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Apparently the scoop is at the wrong angle due to a CAD mistake!

I heard it was a 1/16" off. Curious which it is now.

3 weeks later
#1597 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I can confirm this. The game is SO much cooler with a new set of rules and bug fixes.

Any chance you'll be sharing.

3 weeks later
#1629 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have a pretty nice pf that I'm using as wall art...

Care to sell it.

2 months later
#1678 8 years ago

+1 Chad. Thanks for doing this. Now I just need to get a couple of ROMs and borrow a programmer.

4 weeks later
#1786 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Where can I get the roms? I need someone to burn them for me? Will pinballroms burn these?

John Wart Jr. contact him here or at [email protected]

2 years later
#2832 5 years ago

Maybe start a new thread about it with a poll. But I'd be in on one.

#2834 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I'm broaching the idea of emailing and asking Mirco to see if they would be interested in making a production run of reproduction TFTC playfields. Just trying to see if there would be any interest from TFTC owners here on pinside.
If others are interested please let me know and maybe we can get Mirco to make a bunch of there's enough interest.
Thanks everyone

Quoted from RussMyers:

...but the real issue is that the position of the scoop hole was off by 1/16" in the CAD file, as said by the designer, so it's a harder shot than intended.

If you talk with Mirco see if he can put the hole in the correct place. That and the updated code would make this a whole new game.

2 weeks later
#2867 5 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

awesome.does anyone make custom coin door inserts or illuminated score cards for tales from the crypt bc i gotta get some.i truly want any and all ideas you guys got on mods PLEASE bc this is my baby lol. i have installed the tombstones all over playfield and cant wait to do more

Illuminated score cards are at pinball center http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-modding/illuminated-pinball-cards/ but I believe that shipping is a bit of a pain. There's a thread about it I'll try to find.

10 months later
1 month later
#3361 4 years ago

Congrats you won’t regret it, it’s a great game.

3 months later
#3513 4 years ago
Quoted from Bomber19:

I’ve got my TFTC arriving on Saturday and I can’t wait to be part of the club.

Congrats it’s one hell of a game.

1 year later
#3860 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Anyone knows that powdercoat color?[quoted image]

I believe it’s called golden vein.

C2476745-D22A-4825-A33A-A821EE771ECC (resized).jpegC2476745-D22A-4825-A33A-A821EE771ECC (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#3924 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Thx colson
Flipper bat hex bolt stripped from previous owner, what my options to remove it?
Do you replace with same bolt or something else?
[quoted image]

What’s stripped the hex head or the threads? If it’s the hex head use a set of vise grips to grab the head and loosen. Replace with another hex.

5 months later
#4038 2 years ago

4.0 code

second the air ball deflector.

2 weeks later
#4063 2 years ago

I just saw this at pinballcenter for anyone that doesn’t have a handle and is interested in obtaining one. I have no idea on quality, just passing on what I’ve found. Also Zitt is placing an order next month, so no problem on shipping.

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/tales-from-the-crypt/10973/plastic-handle-for-tales-from-the-crypt?c=2162

63B0735D-1FEC-4D61-96E5-8FFF4676CE2E (resized).jpeg63B0735D-1FEC-4D61-96E5-8FFF4676CE2E (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#4153 2 years ago
Quoted from ababapanos:

hello. in my crypt, there is this defect in the hole, there is some protector that i can put on to make it look more beautiful?
[quoted image]

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Mine looks the same. I have a mantis protector installed to prevent anymore damage.
I had a cliffy protector but it got beat up pretty good and and began denting inward towards the hole. I prefer the mantis protector.

If you use a cliffy with damage that bad, you should use a wood putty of some sort to fix the damaged area. Then you don’t have the problem of indenting.

11 months later
#4357 1 year ago

Ditto on donation. Definitely a bad ass mix.

#4365 1 year ago
Quoted from Nelsonford218:

Anyone have a lead on some plastics protectors? I noticed the pinbits.com , but they seem to be shut down. Some flourescent ones sure would make this game pop with the UV!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1296-mad-czar-games/04565-tales-from-the-crypt-airball-protection-plastic-mod

He is selling air ball plastics. I don’t know the quality of these since he’s the second or third person to make these. They do work though.

1 week later
#4379 1 year ago
Quoted from Boat:

If you could get dvd or blu ray rips usually you can seperate the sound channels. Usually 5.1 or similar. That would get you access to the audio but you would need to pinpoint the exact time in the show where the call-out is.

That shouldn't be that big a deal since you’d have to run thru all the episodes to pick which quotes you wanted.

3 weeks later
#4420 1 year ago
Quoted from Kraab:

I have another question about my tales from the crypt pin that I’m hoping somebody can help me with. I’ve heard it’s a common issue for the data East machines to have speaker hum. I believe that my machine is installed with a date east speaker hum filter. However, I can still hear the ham and it is annoying. I’ve seen posts on this issue, but they seem to be from quite a while back. Has anyone been successful in eliminating this hum? If so, I’d love to hear your advice.

Check this thread out.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-speaker-noise-ideas-for-a-cure

3 weeks later
#4449 1 year ago

Another vote for Chad’s version being the best.

4 weeks later
#4482 1 year ago

As koji stated it’s meant to be difficult.

11 months later
#4899 60 days ago

Wow that is a shitty job. A blind monkey throwing shit could have done better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 64.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koolfingers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=koolfingers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.