image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kjm8888.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#751 9 years ago

Just picked up my TFTC from Allentown on Saturday so I'm officially a member now! No, it wasn't the nasty one in the free play area. This was a deal that I had made in advance so it went straight from the seller's truck to mine. Spent today stripping the playfield for a good cleaning and waxing. There's a few broken/repaired plastics that you don't really notice unless you go into the machine but I think I might order a repro plastic set anyway. The wire ramps are going out to my powdercoater this week. Love all the mods that people are doing here! I was undecided between TFTC and JP but thought TFTC was much more mod-friendly. I'll post pics as things come together.

#759 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Welcome to the club. What color are you powder coating your wire forms? Def post pics.

I'm going to try to match the bright green in the playfield. The purple LEDs I put in the GI really make that color pop on the playfield and I'm going for a similar effect on the ramps.

2 weeks later
#798 9 years ago
Quoted from foxct:

Sadly, I must leave the fang club. I sold my TFTC to a Pinsider at Allentown, but its gone to a good home. Engore!

I am the new owner of this particular TFTC! Thanks Dave! I'm hoping to pick up the ramps from the powdercoater tonight or tomorrow and start reassembly on Saturday. Doing a flipper rebuild while things are apart as well. Sometime in the next couple weeks I should have all of the parts to do a color LCD conversion on it. Of course, you guys have given me plenty of ideas for future mods as well! Having lots of fun with this one and havent even played it yet!

#827 9 years ago

Installed my ramps over the weekend. Will get some better pics as things progress. Just received the LCD panel for the display conversion but still waiting on the controller board from China. Another week or two on that.

TFTC-01.jpgTFTC-01.jpg

#829 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW!!! Do they light up under bl?

Haven't had the opportunity to find out but I'm looking into some lighting options. Open to suggestions as well. I was really pleased with the way the ramps turned out. The powdercoater got the color match with the pf pretty much dead on!

1 week later
#907 9 years ago

I converted my DMD display to a color LCD using Dr Pinball's DMD Extender.

The green is a bright green to match the Powdercoating on the ramps as well as the PF artwork. It looks washed out in the video. The LEDs at havoc with the iPad exposure meter. I'll get in-game video when I have someone to do video while I play.

#921 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That looks great, how hard was it to do.

TFTC is the third pin I've used the DMD extender on. WCS94 was the easiest (took about an hour) because the kit was specifically made to replace the DMD. The TFTC was slightly more difficult because the kit was made to supplement the DMD with an external LCD display. I wanted to replace the DMD so I had to use a different souce for +12v to power the LCD. My Gottlieb Wipe Out was similar in that they didn't have a Gottlieb kit so I was their guinea pig so to speak. The connector that they gave me to test was not sufficient so I had to find +12v power elsewhere. Overall, it's still a fairly easy process. At most a couple hours work for, IMHO, great results. Total cost is about $250.00 sourcing the parts yourself. They did just announce a complete kit that's plug-and-play for about $300.00 + shipping from the UK.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 months later
#1033 9 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

Did quite a few modifications on my TFTC. I put clear star posts on the sling shots with clear rubber. I took both rubber sleaves off the captive ball and put two glo balls in there. I added a couple of spotlights, blue LED strips and scoop lighting. I changed the pop bumper caps to clear with blue LED rings and outfitted all GI and spotlights to black lights. I put a couple of glo balls as well and they move fast. I took out most of the lights in the back box and disconnected some of the strobing effects shown above. I played it in total darkness and boy was it fun!

Nice! I was going to go with glow balls too but wasn't sure how they would affect gameplay since they are lighter than the standard ball. Do you notice a difference? Is it a good or bad difference?

3 weeks later
#1223 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I just added TFTC to the Micro Display Mod listings. There are 28 titles now available. These play video, not still photos. The sample video is about 40 minutes long before it repeats. It's a mixture of comic book art and the Cryptkeeper segments from the show. http://www.sparkypinball.com

I have got to get me one of these!

2 weeks later
#1281 9 years ago

I was asked to post some recent pics of my TFTC:
TFTC-01.jpgTFTC-01.jpg
TFTC-02.jpgTFTC-02.jpg
TFTC-03.jpgTFTC-03.jpg
TFTC-04.jpgTFTC-04.jpg
TFTC-05.jpgTFTC-05.jpg
TFTC-06.jpgTFTC-06.jpg
TFTC-07.jpgTFTC-07.jpg
TFTC-08.jpgTFTC-08.jpg
TFTC-09.jpgTFTC-09.jpg

#1284 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Let's try this again. Love the green wire forms and the color dmd. The pf looks a bit dark though.

Thanks! Looks better in person. It's hard to get decent pics with just the LED lighting but it's actually quite well illuminated. The pics were taken in complete darkness other than the pin itself. The only dark spot is right in front of the flippers which I plan to alleviate with a UV LED strip in the trough entrance.

#1292 9 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

When did I miss a color DMD come out for Tales?

You didn't. I converted the DMD to a color LCD using the DMD Extender board from Dr Pinball. You can't individually colorize each frame like the ColorDMD guys do so the end result is not quite as good. Unfortunately, the ColorDMD guys will probably not get around to the pins in my collection during my lifetime so this is a good substitute. I did the same with my Wipeout and WCS94 as well.

#1304 9 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

So what are the costs, do they provide the code and how many colors?
thanks

Total costs for parts are $240.00-$260.00 shipped. They do not provide a complete kit so you have to source some parts yourself. I got most of my parts off of eBay. How many colors depends on what machine you are using it in. In TFTC there's 4 colors. If you want a black background that counts as a color so you have 3 colors + the black background. You can choose whatever colors you want and it's fairly easy to change colors until you get a combo that you like. Complete instructions and parts list can be downloaded from the Dr Pinball website.

5 months later
#1545 9 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Some more pictures

Nice! I did the green powdercoating and color LCD on mine too! Did you use the DMD extender from Dr Pinball?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kjm8888.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=kjm8888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.