image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider irishbastard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1805 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Just added Marv. Looks awsome. Crazy time consuming job!!
I also added the electric chair switch just above the right ramp. It uses the actual LED. This one was easy
Great addition!
image.jpeg

Looks Great!

I grabbed a Marv off ebay last week and started a post asking how to do the mod, but no one has responded.... Any insight? I don't want to "wing it" and screw things up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-frank-miller-marv-install

#1807 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

there's so many steps just to trim down the toy...you really have to dremmel your way to the best size fitting the spot you want.
I had to custom design brackets just to get the original skill shot sign above Marv feet. Samething to get it fix on the third pop Bumper.
You really have to take your Time and figured out. It'll never be a "stock mod" on any web
Mod shop. Too much time consuming!

Thanks, at least thats some input. I will take a look at it and start the hacking when I have time If I screw it up, at least it was cheap..

#1809 8 years ago

Just burned the new 4.00 Roms....
Very cool! Went from 2.00 to 4.00...

Luckily I had a pile of 27C040 pulls from junk arcade pcbs, as I thought I did not have any.

Thanks to those involved with the new version!

#1812 8 years ago

I was going to go the lazy route (as I have a burner, eraser, and eproms) and buy them online, then said F it and took a shot (never did a patch before)... So easy, erasing the display rom (well Golden Tee chip) took the longest of the job...

1 month later
#1852 8 years ago
Quoted from Marv:

Will do, but that diode is on wrong isn't it?

Nope, line on diode towards blk wire.. Just checked mine for you. Also, mine was the same way when I got it, flipper would not work right. Replaced coil etc only to find out it was a dirty contact on the flipper leaf switch, two seconds with a file and it was perfect!

tmp_18770-20151216_120348-922826430.jpgtmp_18770-20151216_120348-922826430.jpg

#1855 8 years ago
Quoted from Marv:

Didn't work
Can you take a PIC of the other two Flipper coils as well please?

Done.. (I miss the UK, can I mail myself to you? ) Also, I meant the right flipper button leaf switch, was that the one you cleaned?

tmp_11314-20151217_142339-922826430.jpgtmp_11314-20151217_142339-922826430.jpg
tmp_11314-20151217_142323788793790.jpgtmp_11314-20151217_142323788793790.jpg

1 month later
#1904 8 years ago

I believe Red

6 months later
#2160 7 years ago
Quoted from Zombreebot:

Many thanks for this forum and these posts! I just recently joined pinside - what a great community! (yes...I am a noob so bear with me) Just recently bought a TFTC. It has intermittent "sticky" bottom flippers on both sides. Seems to not be electrical as flippers stay up even when machine is off? Will have to try this tonight to see if it helps!

Could be the coil stops are "mushroomed" or broken, replace the coil sleeves too...

And Welcome!

1 year later
#2721 6 years ago

Anyone ever get a ball stuck here? Lol

20180115_122900.jpg20180115_122900.jpg

4 months later
#2906 5 years ago

This has always done this, but I just listened to it....I get static out of right speaker, that goes with the pattern of the pf lights in attract mode.... Solution?

#2912 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I've found great success in noise reduction by replacing the power-supply board (as I do with ALL my DE pins) to an Xpin from the stock power-supply (which is awful)...possibly RottenDog's would be good too - but Xpin's does the trick.......it's cheaper than the Pinsound board....

All the issues I had with my game originated from that original PS, game was down for over a year, had local expect repair board issues, died again few months later....Threw a RD PS in, repaired damage, no problems since....But zero change in static

2 months later
#3049 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Well, turns out the epoxy wood putty "fill bridge" method from the playfield to on top of the edge of the Mantis doesn't work. The ball obliterated it over time.
Ended up talking to Gord about adjusting the protector. Refilled the epoxy, then manually bent the right side up to cover the usual suspect area. Very little fill is now exposed to ball play.
Hopefully my third time at this evil scoop repair will be the charm.
[quoted image]

Thanks, Definitely not buying that Mantis thing....Cliffy it is

#3068 5 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Fellow TFTC owners,
Can anybody direct me to sources how to resolve Random Game Resets? My pin was working fine for months, but all of a sudden I consistently get game resets. I cannot determine what sequences of events "have to be taken" in order to make the game reset. It feels like after a random period of time, when I hit the flipper button the game would reset.
Anybody recall somebody else having this problem and can provide the resources how to diagnose this? What series of steps would you recommend for me to do to the pin to target the issue?
FYI, the machine sat idle for years until I bought it. I rebuilt the playfield, full flipper rebuild kits, replaced majority of the fuses and the game worked until recently.

The original power supplies cause more problems than they are worth, replace it with what has been mentioned or a Rotten Dog. I had soooo many issues, game was down for over a year, had it professionally repaired, lasted six months... Ditched the original PS, no problems since..

2 months later
#3191 5 years ago

Finally bought and just installed my hole protector from overseas, looks 1000% better than my chewed up scoop hole...I also like the design better than the other options.

20181024_233510.jpg20181024_233510.jpg20181024_233601.jpg20181024_233601.jpg
1 week later
#3216 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Hi All,
Here is a link to the airball mod stopper I made. People fell all over themselves for them when I made them for Indiana Jones. I put one on my TFTC and there were NO more airballs.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70819

Do you happen to have an installed pic on a TFTC?

1 month later
#3250 5 years ago

Let me know how much, noticed mine is "custom"...could use a replacement

2 weeks later
#3259 5 years ago

Thank You Sir, looks much better! Didn't even notice I had 1/3 red plastic remaining until this was created.

20190105_163316.jpg20190105_163316.jpg
4 months later
#3380 4 years ago

Has anyone done the modifications to get a Color DMD LCD to fit? Is it worth it instead of just using an LED display?

#3386 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Personally I'd go with the Color DMD LED. Nothing needed to fit and has beautiful vibrant colors. Folks have had mounted the LCD version but it will require some work.

Yea, that was my plan...but I'm picking up a used newer LCD...so, I'm thinking get out the Dremel...just wanted to see if anyone here did it already.

1 month later
#3489 4 years ago

Just installed a ColorDMD LCD, came with a WPC power cable so I made a custom one that plugged into that, then into unused plug near coindoor.

Not too bad of a custom install to fit the LCD.

20190708_181444.jpg20190708_181444.jpg
3 weeks later
#3502 4 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

hey everyone i need the ground cables that attach dmd to backbox. one on each side and mine are shot and i cant find them anywhere.

Did the ends fall off? Mine did when I installed my ColorDMD...I just trimmed the frayed part and resoldered and they were just like new.

1 week later
#3507 4 years ago

Was just watching my 3D printer doing its thing then looked at my TFTC as I was walking by, someone smarter than I must be able to just print the handle and head part easily, no?

4 months later
#3592 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I'm super sorry posted wrong picture.
It's a solid Red wire near kickback?
There was really hoping when a you could just look at your machine and take a picture in show me where it's supposed to go.
I do have a book but cannot figure out where this one goes.
Also cannot turn on a machine and test as it is completely torn apart and being shopped.[quoted image]

I just escaped a 4 hour meal with my 5yr old and tried to get a pic for you. I couldn't even find a solid red wire anywhere near that area. I also have a large plastic standoff instead of that wire loop holder in your pic and additional plugs. My wires were so dirty, it didn't help either. The wire going to my kickout coil under the apron could be solid red, but its nearly black with soot.
20191213_190746.jpg20191213_190746.jpg

1 year later
#4096 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Anyone have a color LCD in their Tales? From what I am understanding colorDMD website only lists and LED for TFTC because you have to modify the backbox. But I have seen some older posts where people said you can add an LCD after cutting and triming some stuff. Does anyone on here have a color LCD and do you have any pictures of what you had to do to mount the LCD?

I have an LCD in mine, mild mod....Not hard at all.

20210924_162803.jpg20210924_162803.jpg
2 years later
#4761 6 months ago
Quoted from prl867:

Could this then possibly be connected to that burn residue on the PPB? Or an issue with the main power supply?
Thanks for the tip!

It's most likely your power supply, the factory one caused SO many issues on my machine it drove me nuts trying to track them down. I rebuilt it completely but it STILL kept screwing things up (even threw in the towel and transported it to a semi-local repair expert. His repairs failed as well). I ended up guessing it was the ps, and replaced it with a Rottendog. Has been perfectly fine for years since.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Wanted
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider irishbastard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=irishbastard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.