image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imnotnorm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2495 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sad day for me! Leaving the club, one of the best games I've ever owned! To all of you that helped over the past years ... A big thank you!
Sure the the new owner will be happy!
Again thanks to all .... Off to the Capcom Airbourne Club
Regards

Well the club lost a member but also gained a member at the same time. I was fortunate enough to be the one who purchased it from @transprtr4u. What an amazingly well taken care of machine!! Looks brand spanking new and was on my wishlist.

The wife and I look forward to many years of yelling at this machine in frustration. Lol

IMG_20170903_1739268.jpgIMG_20170903_1739268.jpg

IMG_20170903_1739077.jpgIMG_20170903_1739077.jpg

#2496 6 years ago

PS - Can anyone direct me to where I can get the finger mods?

#2498 6 years ago

Pm sent.

Also....anybody know where I can get the flipper fingers? Not the boney ones....but the colored ones that look like the crypt Keepers nasty lookin fingers

#2504 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Pm sent.
Also....anybody know where I can get the flipper fingers? Not the boney ones....but the colored ones that look like the crypt Keepers nasty lookin fingers

I'm still looking for this flipper mod. I reached out to a few pinsiders and they referred me to eBay. (I can't seem to find any on eBay either)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

002842abbec52e06f005dc3767e73daf4b43a325 (resized).jpg002842abbec52e06f005dc3767e73daf4b43a325 (resized).jpg

#2506 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Look for the guy who does the TFTC alt translites--he also did the finger plastics.

You don't know his username by chance?

#2513 6 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Might as well try it here - I have a super nice TFTC playfield (NOS?) that I would love to trade for a MM playfield. PM me if you have any interest.

trade only? not interested in cash?

2 weeks later
#2515 6 years ago

Now that I have my TFTC finally dialed in......here are a few pics
This pin is such a masterpiece!

DSC07927.JPGDSC07927.JPG

DSC07939.JPGDSC07939.JPG

DSC07946.JPGDSC07946.JPG

DSC07947.JPGDSC07947.JPG

DSC07962.JPGDSC07962.JPG

DSC07966.JPGDSC07966.JPG

DSC07979.JPGDSC07979.JPG

DSC07925.JPGDSC07925.JPG

DSC07992.JPGDSC07992.JPG

DSC07986.JPGDSC07986.JPG

DSC07969.JPGDSC07969.JPG

DSC07964.JPGDSC07964.JPG

#2517 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

That's a lotta eyeballs!

Only added three.....one for each ramp and the scoop. They look real disgusting when they are flashing or lit

"Eye" don't mind

#2519 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Where did u get the one for the Newton Ball (Skull Cracking)?

eBay....lotsa cool Halloween stuff on sale now

1 week later
#2522 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Is it solid plastic or coated metal?

It's hollow plastic....that's why the original pinball is in behind it. Otherwise it would never hit the switch.....being too soft & light.

1 week later
#2531 6 years ago

The missus just got this high score yesterday (she was warming up before we headed out to Pinball League night)

She doubled my personal best +40 million!!!!

IMG_20171010_1621334.jpgIMG_20171010_1621334.jpg

#2539 6 years ago

How do you activate & enable the knocker on TFTC? Is it in the diagnostics?

#2540 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

How do you activate & enable the knocker on TFTC? Is it in the diagnostics?

Would anyone be kind enough to to take a picture of their functioning TFTC knocker please?

I need to install mine...

#2542 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Would anyone be kind enough to to take a picture of their functioning TFTC knocker please?
I need to install mine...

Disregard....someone said they will PM me one.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well... It didn't...
The search goes on... (Never give up)

That sucks!! Hopefully something will pop up again

#2544 6 years ago

Well, it's official...the wife knocked me off the high score board. She owns all 6 initialized high scores & she's not showing any sign of letting up either. She regularly gets 500+ million games....when my personal best is 401 million. She is seriously destroying me at TFTC & I need to up the ante to give her some real competition.

So with that said....I'm looking for any suggestions regarding a strategy that some of you TFTC owners may utilize.

Do you try to hit crypt mode's in a particular order? (extra ball 1st, electric chair 2nd, etc?)
Do you aim for drop targets to hit the x8 on each ball?
Do you try to get multi-ball enabled every chance you get?

Anything.....any tips/suggestions at all would be appreciated!! She needs to be taken down a peg or two

2 weeks later
#2550 6 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I will be potentially joining these esteemed club over the weekend and am scheduled to look at a local TFTC for sale tomorrow. It would be my first Data East and I was hoping that folks can provide me suggestions of what to focus on as I inspect and play the game prior to purchase. Any particular problem areas I should be aware of? Any advice would be appreciated. Feel free to PM me or just respond to the thread.
Thanks and enjoy your weekends!

Be sure to work the super VUK in the upper right hand corner to see if it operates as it should. It gets beat to crap and abused quite a bit on this pin. It may require a rebuild (which is cheap), but worth checking out.

2 weeks later
#2574 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I actually made one a few days ago. Zero airballs since.

That looks pretty sweet. Simple and easy solution

#2575 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I actually made one a few days ago. Zero airballs since.

You have an extra one you'd sell? I'd install that on my TFTC in a heartbeat.

#2582 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Wow. I've had quite a few PMs with people wanting this. I didn't realize people would be interested in buying this airball protector. Let me look into it this weekend and I'll let you guys know. I don't see why I couldn't make a small batch of them.
Enjoy the holiday!

Awesome Jake!! Thanks and happy thanksgiving!!

#2583 6 years ago

Anyone try replacing the two rubber rings behind the guillotine drop targets with a flipper rubber?

I had two rubber rings there and one snapped....causing the ball to get stuck. Ended up replacing the two rings with one flipper ring.

IMG_20171119_1510283.jpgIMG_20171119_1510283.jpg

IMG_20171119_1820006.jpgIMG_20171119_1820006.jpg

#2587 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

It looks like you're missing the small wire guide in-between the posts. Check my pictures a few comments above. Having that in place would definitely stop the ball from getting stuck there. Flipper rubber looks like it'll do the trick too though.

I never noticed the metal wire missing on mine. Shucks....good eye!

#2588 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

So, I was able to make a few of these over the weekend. After factoring in parts, my time and shipping costs I'm thinking this will be $13 shipped anywhere in the US. Since international shipping fluctuates so much depending your location, PM me with your international shipping address and I'll get you a quote.
Now, just so everyone is aware...I don't have any laser cutting machinery to get perfect edges on these protectors. I cut and shape them all by hand so please keep that in mind. I think they still look good and they will definitely stop those crazy TFTC airballs.
-Jake

They look great!! PM'd you with my Canadian shipping information.

#2590 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Is this a problem for anyone else?

No problems here. The ball runs along the side rail....through the spinner and onto the upper right flipper. Never leaving the rail. Could the right orbit spinner be causing the ball the come off the rail?

#2594 6 years ago

Yea, good suggestion on the VUK wireform GRB1959 .....that didn't even cross my mind.

#2596 6 years ago

So there's no way to keep that light in between the plastics if you install the air-ball guard? There's no room whatsoever?

Not a big deal really....a small sacrifice to get rid of air balls.

#2601 6 years ago

I had a problem with trough switches. Ended up replacing one and when I took it out it also crumbled apart in my hands.

Must be a DE thing ?

#2602 6 years ago

Question about the crypt kicker....

When you start a new game and get a ball....does your crypt kicker lightup right away?

The wife claims that the crypt kicker light used to be activated the second you started a new game or began your next ball.

Now....after 5-10 seconds of the ball being launched...the crypt kicker light would turn on.

Is this normal?

#2605 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Your wife is correct. When I start a new game or a new ball on my TFTC the Crypt Keeper VUK scoop light does indeed light up immediately and when you successfully shoot the Crypt Keeper VUK scoop the light goes off.
To re-light the Crypt Keeper VUK light you need to shoot either the left or right orbit depending upon which one has the 'Lite Creature Feature' insert lit.
Gord

I meant the crypt kicker that saves your ball on the left outlane.

**edit: Boat beat me by 32 seconds....

#2607 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I'll have to check tonight but I'm pretty sure its lit right away. I was having some weird light issues and it turned out one of my lamp diodes was touching too close to the lamp socket and causing some phantom lighting. Also if you reset to factory settings recently it may have changed a setting that you didn't know about.

I haven't reset to factory settings in a long time so it can't be that. Let me know what happens when you play a few games. If anyone else can chime in with their results it would be appreciated.

The only reason I can see the light not being activated right away is because of the possibility of a freeze. Once the chance of a freeze is gone...the crypt kicker light would be activated. (Because who would want to waste the crypt kicker outlane save when you could have just gotten a freeze ball with a left outlane drain?)

#2609 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Oops, my bad, reading comprehension is a good thing and I will read more carefully next time. I just tested the left outlane ('Crypt Kick When Lit' insert) on my TFTC and your wife is correct. That insert is lit immediately at the start of a new game and the start of a new ball.
I have attached a 2-page document from the TFTC manual. Look at 'Adj. No. 7' on page 18 for 'Game Rules' and then again at 'Adj. 07 Game Rules - Set to EXTRA EASY, EASY, FACTORY, HARD or EXTRA HARD' on page 19. Depending upon how this is setup it looks like it controls game features that may not be changed individually depending upon the difficulty level selected.
The 'Game Rules' factory setting for TFTC is MODERATE so perhaps this was changed on your game. Anyway, just something else to look at and see if this caused your issue.
Gord

Well thanks for confirming the crypt kicker light for me.

I do recall fiddling with the adjustments at first when I got the machine. I will take a gander sometime this afternoon.

Thanks Gord

#2611 6 years ago

Well my difficulty settings are set to moderate. So I'm unsure as to why my crypt kicker light isn't activated right away when a new game or ball begins.

The left outlane switch works. The laser kicker works.

I'm really at a loss as to why this is happening

#2613 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Try setting it to EASY or EXTRA EASY and see if that lights the 'Crypt Keeper' insert light upon a new ball. MODERATE is the factory default and I don't know if that is supposed to light the 'Crypt Keeper' insert light at the start of a new ball or not.
My game is set to EXTRA EASY and that does indeed light the 'Crypt Keeper' insert light at the start of a new ball.
Gord

Thanks Gord. I changed the difficulty levels and they all result in the same outcome. The crypt kicker light won't activate until 10+ seconds after the ball has been shot into the playfield.

Additionally, I hand fed the ball into the left outlane at the beginning of a ball and it resulted into two freezes. Upon the third attempt, it resulted in a drain. The crypt kicker light never even came on.

I'm really at a loss here....any suggestions are welcome.

Have a great weekend everyone!

#2615 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Does the light for the 'Crypt Keeper' insert function correctly when you run diagnostics? I am guessing yes. Perhaps a loose wire is causing an intermittent connection either on that lamp socket or perhaps the socket which feeds into the 'Crypt Kicker' lamp socket.
It may now be time to lift up the playfield and check out the wiring on this socket and any wires which feed into this socket. You said that your wife said the light used to always come on right away with each new ball, so it sounds like it may be a loose wire.
Gord

The diagnostic I ran the lamps/lights are good. The switch works and so does the laser kicker.

I lifted the playfield and checked if anything was loose or disconnected. The wiring looks fine.....everrything seems fine underneath.

I'll do a more thorough investigation once I finish my set of nightshifts this weekend....

Thanks for all the help Gord

#2617 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

If I recall correctly, the Left Outlane (Crypt Kick) and Right Outlane (Scared To Death) lamps are both tied together. Meaning... they are both either on or off together. Does yours behave this way?

Yes it does. I noticed that today while fiddling around
12hr later edit: after getting home from work I fiddled around some more & noticed that the left + right outlane inserts only light up after the pinball strikes 1 of the 6 KEEPER eyes (3 eyeball targets on each side of the playfield)
I tried this numerous times with the same results every time. No outlane insert lightup unless a KEEPER eye is struck

Added over 6 years ago: 24hr later edit. Did some more fiddling and the left + right outlines only light up when a KEEPER eye that ISN'T lit gets struck by the pinball.

If the KEEPER eye is already lit and gets struck....it won't activate the left + right outlane inserts for some reason.

This is really perplexing me

#2618 6 years ago

Sorry if I've been posting a lot lately....but I just got my air ball guard installed. Looks and works great so far!!

IMG_20171209_1544096.jpgIMG_20171209_1544096.jpg

IMG_20171209_1543422.jpgIMG_20171209_1543422.jpg

IMG_20171209_1543050.jpgIMG_20171209_1543050.jpg

#2619 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Yes it does. I noticed that today while fiddling around
12hr later edit: after getting home from work I fiddled around some more & noticed that the left + right outlane inserts only light up after the pinball strikes 1 of the 6 KEEPER eyes (3 eyeball targets on each side of the playfield)
I tried this numerous times with the same results every time. No outlane insert lightup unless a KEEPER eye is struck
Added yesterday: 24hr later edit. Did some more fiddling and the left + right outlines only light up when a KEEPER eye that ISN'T lit gets struck by the pinball.
If the KEEPER eye is already lit and gets struck....it won't activate the left + right outlane inserts for some reason.
This is really perplexing me

All summed up into a video....

#2621 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I'll bet it's a lamp matrix issue. Check all the diodes and connections on the lamps circled in Red. Start with the vertical column.

I'm not really sure how to do this exactly..... But could Q66 be the problem?

Thanks again for the help guys

IMG_20171210_2105332.jpgIMG_20171210_2105332.jpg
IMG_20171210_2105241.jpgIMG_20171210_2105241.jpg
IMG_20171210_2105194.jpgIMG_20171210_2105194.jpg

#2623 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Very possible. Q66 is related to the lamp matrix. That doesn’t look good and should be cleaned up.

Thanks @ChadH....thats all I could find with my amateur eyes. I'll see if my tech guy can fix that.

PS - what's that Q66 tip called?

#2625 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Q66 is a TIP42.

Sorry I meant product name. It's not a diode is it? Or a board tip?

I'm just trying to familiarize myself with the lingo as I go through repairs.....

You da man ChadH

#2630 6 years ago
#2631 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Test the transistor. It's very easy, turn your volt meter to ring and test the legs. Those marks on your board look like they were cause from poor soldering. They over heated the board and melted it.

Transistor tested fine. Looks like garbage and I plan on taking out the board and having a tech friend help me with the work later on....

#2632 6 years ago

Would anyone be kind enough to post a pic of the right sling switches from under their TFTC playfield? Specifically the wiring under the playfield for the right sling switches.

My right sling's lower switch (closest to the flippers) isn't working at all. It won't recognize during the switch test either.

It would be much appreciated because I suspect the wiring on my lower right sling switch is missing something. It would help me compare.....

Enclosed is a pic of what mine currently looks like.

Thank you guys & gals

1.jpg1.jpg

#2634 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

It looks like you're missing a wire between the switches.

That's what I was thinking...

Hoping someone could post a pic of their TFTC for me so I can compare it...

#2637 6 years ago

Jakers + @grb1959...thanks for the replies and help gentlemen!

I've noticed that my (inactive) switch only has one prong (not counting the one sticking out on the side). And both of yours looks like it has two and then the additional one sticking out on the side.

I just want to confirm where the wire should be soldered.

Yellow = prong on the side

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

#2639 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

That side prong is where diodes are soldered to. It's hard to tell from your pic but it looks like that switch is just a 2 prong switch, which is fine because it doesn't need a diode in this case.

Excellent...thank you @jakers! Here's better pics for you just in case....

But if that's the case I'll solder a wire according to the diagram you made in post #2633

1.jpg1.jpg
2.jpg2.jpg

#2642 6 years ago

Thanks a bunch Jakers !!

Just to confirm what you meant by "unused prong" .... You don't mean the side one that needs bending do you? Because I was going to go on the picture where you drew the green line.

So the wire should be like the green line in the photo?
or...
It should be like the blue one?

Sorry for my numerous questions.....

111.jpg111.jpg

222.jpg222.jpg

#2645 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

It should be like the blue line. I kinda fat fingered that green line. Haha

Thanks again Jakers !!

1 week later
#2662 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

On Thursday I got to the 7th door. I have probably 1000 or more games but still no luck completing it. In the audits there’s a count for “deepest doors” that being said, anyone know how far they go?

6th door is as far as I ever got

#2664 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'm not sure I know what this is--can someone enlighten me on collecting doors?

It's the mode called "door prize select" and you select doors to open on the DMD. Eventually you get a hangman behind a door and you return to your game on the playfield

#2665 6 years ago

Happy 2018 Crypt Keepers!!!

Would anyone be kind enough to snap me a picture of their knocker? (Specifically the wire setup and if there's a diode that is required?)

Thanks

#2668 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi THM,
Here are some photos of the TFTC knocker assembly. FYI, the knocker on my TFTC does indeed have a diode which is shown in the photos.
Gord

Gord to the rescue again. Thanks so much!

Happy new years buddy!!

#2672 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We need a color dmd for this game.

I have a color DMD also. It looks so smooth

#2676 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Has anyone ever gotten this mid-game? Also, was this part of the original game, or something added or enhanced with the 4.0 ROMs?

That's happened to me only once. It made some miraculous jump from the right outlane as it drained back into play. Some funky music played.

Experienced it with the newer ChadH updated ROMS. Not sure if it occurred prior to that

#2677 6 years ago

I somehow managed to snag a full set of new CPR plastics online. They should arrive next week....lucky me

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the circled (in red) plastic pieces are for?

- Sean

CPR-PLAS-CRYPT-2.jpgCPR-PLAS-CRYPT-2.jpg

#2679 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Sean,
Those circled plastic pieces are not actually used in the game. They are used to create a stand-up plastic topper-like plastic that would sit on a flat surface when assembled. They are extras that are not needed for the game, but are sort of a nice to have for a collector.
Gord

Ok, that's good to know. Thanks Gord....again

edit: My current crypt keeper plastic (with his arms extended) is being used behind the tombstone. So when the tombstone goes up it gently pushes the crypt keeper up with it. It eventually falls back into place.

And when the ball enters the left ramp, it gently strikes the crypt keeper extended fingers. (It's just a neat effect that doesn't impede the ball whatsoever)

1.jpg1.jpg
2.jpg2.jpg

#2686 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone running a color dmd with the 4.0 code? Any issues since display from the colordmd is v3.0?

When I got my TFTC it was already colorized. But it's very smooth and has no dots whatsoever. So I'm thinking it's an LCD...

#2689 6 years ago

Hey guys/gals,

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with their EXTRA BALL/MULTIBALL not being activated when it enters the middle spinner. (The VUK works great and is registering when the ball lands on the cup)

Here's a description of my issue.....

1- the extra ball or multiball is lit
2- ball zips past the middle spinner and falls into the VUK
3- extra ball or multi ball won't register but the VUK recognizes the ball right away and spits it back onto the playfield.
4- extra ball or multiball will still stay lit

I'm assuming it's the switch from the middle spinner? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

#2691 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Bend the switch. Just fixed mine, was doing the same thing. Couldn't get extra ball.

Bend the VUK switch? I thought about that but the VUK detects the ball the minute it lands on the cup and spits it back onto the playfield.

If it's being detected in the VUK, shouldn't the extra ball/multiball be activated simultaneously?

Thanks

#2692 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Bend the switch. Just fixed mine, was doing the same thing. Couldn't get extra ball.

Or do you mean another switch?

#2694 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

It's an other switch next to it

I'm assuming it's a trough switch then. Thanks....I'll take a look later on and report back

#2697 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

It's an other switch next to it

Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Sean,
I think that jenniebear has provided you with excellent advice. I am not sure of the exact switch number, but it looks like it is either switch #53 or #54 that awards the extra ball.
I have attached a switch matrix chart and also a photo of the VUK assembly and what appears to be the problematic switch circled in RED. I have also circled in YELLOW the switch on the VUK assembly which lets the VUK assembly know that a ball is present so that it fires it back up to the topside of the playfield.
You need to test the switch circled in RED using the GAME DIAGNOSTICS feature of the software for TFTC to confirm the actual switch number. If this switch doesn't consistently activate when a ball rolls over it you will need to adjust it.
Have fun.
Gord

Bingo!

Noticed the switch wasn't activating in the diagnostics test. I'm not sure the exact switch # as the playfield was up. But its the one circled in red in Gord's pic. I then noticed that the white/brownish wire wasn't connected to the switch. I soldered it back together and it's working again.

Thanks again...the wife will be happy to play all weekend now.

#2701 6 years ago

My plastic set arrived yesterday and I checked it over this afternoon.

I'm assuming they come with a protective film/paper on both sides that needs to be removed before installation?

b021fdc132fe5ad20abb1a5f7198ce9663a688de.jpgb021fdc132fe5ad20abb1a5f7198ce9663a688de.jpg

#2705 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Where did you get the cpr set

http://www.theplaydiumstore.com/category_s/2309.htm

It's a Canadian coin-op distributor. It was their last one. But they do have other rare plastic sets.

Gord to the rescue again Mine cost 175$ CAD....so they are pretty much the same price. Snap up that set of plastics ASAP!!

Quoted from GRB1959:

Yes, remove the protective film/paper from both sides prior to installation.
Gord

Thanks again Gord! I figured as much but asking questions never hurts

#2707 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Be very careful with the painted side. It has almost like masking tape on it. Depending on how the plastic was stored before you purchased it. If it was around heat it gets stuck on and will pull the paint off. I ruined nos monopoly ball guide plastic. I have had luck running them under warm - hot water first.

Good to know! Thanks for the tip Jenniebear

#2708 6 years ago

I know I've been posting a lot lately....but I just wanted to thank Jakers again for the air ball guard. That thing works great & there haven't been ANY air balls since installation a few weeks ago. Quite the dramatic change from before when the ball was catching some serious air.

Also....

The wife has a wicked habit of putting 3+ balls into the super VUK at the same time....causing it to have a real hard time spitting the balls back onto the playfield. I ask her how she is the only one who manages to be able to do this & her reply is "it's not my fault my shots are accurate."

If there's two balls the VUK can handle it....sometime three....sometimes. But anything more than three balls and it struggles.

I just want to know if this is an issue for others?

#2712 6 years ago

My personal best. It's still 200+ million short of the wife's best....but I'm getting closer. She will eventually be dethroned

IMG_20180109_1300158.jpgIMG_20180109_1300158.jpg

#2714 6 years ago

I posted a WTB ad on the marketplace but figured it didn't hurt to post it here as well.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-tales-from-the-crypt-playfield-nos

Looking for a NOS TFTC playfield. If you have one or know about a lead on one feel free to PM me. Cheers!

#2716 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Did you PM miamiredskin ? He was selling one previously.
Why are you looking for one?

I just missed the boat (no pun intended) on that playfield.

I would like to have a NOS playfield for down the road. I don't see myself ever getting rid of my TFTC, so it'll be good to have a NOS playfield as a backup.

#2717 6 years ago

Just checked the audits on my TFTC. The wife & I have put 2300 games on it in 4 months. LOL

1 week later
#2729 6 years ago
Quoted from lowga:

Digging into the game tonight. First problem arose---we noticed that when we turned off the game (but did not disconnect AC) all the settings, high games, etc. reset to default. Realized that hadn't even opened the backbox yet. Suspecting dead batteries, we opened it up to have a look around.
Good news-- no evidence of battery leakage, or damage to the circuit boards. Battery were dead, but had not leaked. I replaced them with brand-new in the pack Duracells. Turned it back on, when through the adjustments to set things to free play--turned off power.
Game came back up, but still not nice. This time I removed the batteries and cleaned all contacts on battery holder with alcohol. Used a burnishing tool to rough up the battery contacts--and cleaned again with alcohol. Tried again--same result.
So we clearly have a problem.
I'm not sure how to proceed in troubleshooting this issue. Never really had this problem before. Where should I start to track this down? Game works great in other aspects. No problems noted after playing 20-25 games, so I suspect the MPU is fine.
Grateful for any help or advice.
Les & Abby Rayburn

Like Lermods said, just buy some NVRAM and it's plug and play. Then you'll never need to worry about battery replacements or leakage ever again!

#2733 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Pricing on this game has really been moving up...not even that nice...
ebay.com link

You should see the prices jump north of the border. I paid 3700$ USD (converted from Canadian) for mine. I was lucky as mine came with....

- alternate translite
- tons of extra parts (coils, plastics, flippers, switches, etc)
- new decals installed
- tombstone underside light mod
- color DMD
- Cliffy scoop

Doubt I'll ever get rid of it. It's simply magical

#2739 6 years ago

Well..... TFTC has become the wife's pin. I'm just the guy who holds her purse while she's plays.

IMG_20180123_2036159.jpgIMG_20180123_2036159.jpg

IMG_20180123_2036361.jpgIMG_20180123_2036361.jpg

#2747 6 years ago

Can't help with the 3D model.....

But I can take pics of mine. What specifically do you need?

Inside or outside the cabinet?

#2756 6 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Did someone use a PIN2DMD on his TFTC ?

I have a pin2DMD in my SF2 and a color DMD (LCD) in my TFTC

Go with color DMD...pin2DMD isn't worth the hassle.

#2758 6 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

The technical part is ok, i've built one on a pincab. What about the quality comparison ?

Color dmd all the way!

#2759 6 years ago

Just found these flipper toppers on eBay...

Thoughts? They seem to differ slightly from the original ones I was looking for a few months ago

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg
s-l16002.jpgs-l16002.jpg
s-l16003.jpgs-l16003.jpg

#2761 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

They look like turds. Don't buy

Yupp....nothing like the fingers that are on the playfield underneath the flippers. I can't figure out where the images/graphics were taken from when they made these.

Thanks for the input.

Looks like the waiting game continues....

#2765 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Just buy actual bony flippers...

I'm not a fan of those bony flipper fingers

#2767 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Where can I get one of the guards for the top of the drop targets?

You mean the air ball deflector guard? Jakers made mine and it appears Djshakes has made some as well

2 months later
#2815 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

My upper right flipper is acting up. When I start the game sometimes I can flip once, then it sticks at the end of its travel. I checked and it can't be moved by hand back into place when it does this. Sometimes after firing once the flipper will reset, but will not work for the rest of the game. Other times it just won't work, period. Did not see any broken wires or blown fuses on the flipper board, or anything else obvious--so where do I start?

Try cleaning the contacts...

#2820 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

hey guys - on the skill shot, is there anyway to consistently get the ball launcher to hit the middle target as opposed to hitting the first and second target together? Mine does both and I would ideally like to hit just the middle when the ball launches...
Thanks

Try adjusting the little gate thingy that prevents the ball from returning down into the shooter lane.

#2823 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I did that - still doesn't seem to get it to hit the second one each time. Sometimes it does, sometimes it hits 1 and 2. Any other thoughts?

Mine will periodically hit the left and center drop target together. But for the most time, I aim for the center drop target and it'll hit.

It never hits the right drop target.

2 weeks later
#2831 5 years ago

I'm broaching the idea of emailing and asking Mirco to see if they would be interested in making a production run of reproduction TFTC playfields. Just trying to see if there would be any interest from TFTC owners here on pinside.

If others are interested please let me know and maybe we can get Mirco to make a bunch of there's enough interest.

Thanks everyone

#2835 5 years ago

I contacted Mirco via PM on pinside. Their websites "contact" button wasn't working for me.

The waiting game begins...

#2839 5 years ago

Wondering if any crypt owners have Pinstadium and could help me?

I have the leds mounted on the side and everything ready for a power source.

There's just one thing I don't know how to do.

Where do I clip these alligator clips? And can you be specific because I don't know where the flashers/GI are located. Sorry I'm a bit of a novice with this stuff.

Thanks

IMG_20180507_2114086.jpgIMG_20180507_2114086.jpg

#2841 5 years ago

Thanks @lermods. Scott at pinstadium and a TFTC owner are going to help me out regarding that.

Another question I have that arises after the install is about the service outlet in the cabinet. It's constantly active...even when the pinball is turned off. I'm wondering about installing a remote power outlet then I don't have to constantly plug and unplug things.

Any suggestions for a remote power supply / outlet??

#2843 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

what do you want to run off the outlet? that outlet in the game is always hot so you can plug a soldering iron in and work on the game when it's off. You can buy a 12v power supply on ebay for less than $10.

If the pinball is plugged in, but turned off....the service outlet in the cabinet is still turned on.

I plan on using the cabinet outlet to plug in the Pinstadium lights. But I don't want the lights to remain on when I turn off the machine.

But I also don't want to unplug the pinball everytime I turn it off. (If I don't the Pinstadium lights will remain active)

I'm just inquiring what remote power outlets would be best? So when I turn off the machine, I can hit the remote to kill power.

#2846 5 years ago

It's wired to connect to an outlet. The gator clips connect to the GI and flashers.

I use the service outlet in my SF2 for colorized DMD and a bartop mod. But the service outlet in the SF2 cabinet has two outlets. One that is constantly active and one than only activates when you turn on the machine.

So I have a power bar plugged into the service outlet that only activated when you turn on the pinball. (And the DMD and bartop mod are plugged into the power bar) Everything turns on together and turns off together.

I'm just trying to do the same for my TFTC. But it only has one service outlet and it's constantly active.

Am I over analyzing something?

First pic is TFTC
Second pic is my SF2 setup

IMG_20180508_0910395.jpgIMG_20180508_0910395.jpg

IMG_20180501_1611561.jpgIMG_20180501_1611561.jpg

#2848 5 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I do think you're overanalyzing a bit. By plugging into the service outlet yes, your pinstadiums will technically always have power but they shouldn't light up when the game is off because the GI will be off. Also, I highly doubt Scott would devise this easier way of getting power to the pinstadiums but then make the customers go through an extra step like you're describing.
Just my two cents.

OK thanks Jake!

#2851 5 years ago

Pics do absolutely no justice to how amazing this mod is.

Off / On 100% / UV Glow

IMG_20180508_1507460.jpgIMG_20180508_1507460.jpg

IMG_20180508_1508120.jpgIMG_20180508_1508120.jpg

IMG_20180508_1508382.jpgIMG_20180508_1508382.jpg

#2853 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Wow, I really like the look of the second photo where it is on 100 percent which really makes the colors and the playfield art pop.
Gord

I love it! And there are so many options and modes you can enable and manipulate yourself. All through an app on your phone. No wonder it won mod of the year!!

2 weeks later
#2856 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

I'm about to rejoin the club! Anyone able to help me source that airball protector and a plastic protector set?

Just scroll back on the last few pages and maybe message the guys that made the air ball protector? It works really great.

As for the plastic protector set, not sure where to get those.

#2863 5 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

joined the club about a month ago.what is a good mod.i really like the pig 2 but dont know have to do it

Best and most important mod would be a color DMD. Then pinstadiums.

But something cheap and fitting are these eyeball props I bought on eBay. They look real and I put them over the two ramps and creature feature scoop.
I just needed to dremmel them a bit so they could fit onto the LED bulbs.

You can get them from eBay user : deadheadprops

0ca7260529e880342b5cc3bdc9cf5adbe9f1f448.jpg0ca7260529e880342b5cc3bdc9cf5adbe9f1f448.jpg
2a9d967b55ed3022cf912c5f6f2a36da2ba777e7.jpg2a9d967b55ed3022cf912c5f6f2a36da2ba777e7.jpg
6070ca37d0875aa939e83efe0fd9b5e9a3d6ff77.jpg6070ca37d0875aa939e83efe0fd9b5e9a3d6ff77.jpg

#2866 5 years ago

and just bought me a pair of those awesome eyes thank you for the heads up bc i was looking for these and didnt know where to find them and the one on eBay listed as tftc mod was not very realistic

I know which ones your talking about. I saw those and wasn't impressed. Too fake and over the top....looked more like a toy.

The deadheadprops dude on eBay has some gruesome looking props. They look so real and disgusting. Glad I could help you out

#2874 5 years ago
Quoted from BretBMF:

Just joined the club!

I like that alternate translate.

#2879 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Joined the club in April after playing a few locally and liking it. Original play field in great condition, color DMD,restored with the red decal kit, shows very well. Did some tweaks to get it to play better as the ball was getting caught up in a few areas, but after that just a great game. The new 4.0 code really helps.

I knew the guy you bought it from. I suggested the eyeball prop for the scoop hole to him. Lol

#2887 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Of course! first tip is msg jakers and pick up the airball protector for the drop targets. Its a game changer.

It really is amazing how much of a difference it makes. Night + day....

#2889 5 years ago

If I wanted to place a washer or two on the left side of the super VUK in the top right of the pin....would anyone know what size washer is needed? Reason I ask is because I would like to see if placing washers on the left side will ensure the VUK wireform doesn't "settle" back into place after tightening.

(By placing the washers on the left, the VUK wireform would lean a little more to the right. Seems like when I physically press the VUK wireform slightly to the right with my hand, the pinball is spit up beautifully and consistently on the first try)

#2890 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Ya he had an eye on both ramps I think, they fell off . I changed it up and hot glued them, pretty solid now....

One more suggestion after close up look of your pics.

Get a cliffy protector or mantis protector for the creature feature scoop hole.

#2891 5 years ago

#2893 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Does anyone have a picture of this airball protector?

f83bc6440e801e28168b3e6c5976615cad2af8cb.jpgf83bc6440e801e28168b3e6c5976615cad2af8cb.jpg
1 week later
#2914 5 years ago

hi guys quick question my top vuk on the right side is not kicking the balls up and they are just getting stuck back there.what would cause this microswitch, loose wire?

When it goes into ball search mode, does the Pinball get spit back up onto the playfield? Or does it stay in the VUK?

If it goes into ball search and spits the ball back onto the playfield, it's most likely a loose/broken VUK switch.

If the ball stays in the VUK even after a ball search, it's probably a disconnected wire on the VUK coil that needs to be resoddered.

#2917 5 years ago

yeah the ball is just staying in the vuk. I have tested the coil amd it sounds like it is working but just will not shoot the ball up

check the wires and make sure they are soldered properly

#2928 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Shout out to Modfather for the custom paint, LED critter eyes, LED lighting and a sturdier base on my topper.

That looks bitchin'

#2936 5 years ago

The near unobtanium NOS TFTC playfield has been located!! Thanks to all those who have PM'd me and answered my PM's regarding this search (especially GRB1959 & @transprtr4u)

Never gonna let this go!

NOS TFTC pics in WTB thread for those who are interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-nos-or-repro-tftc-playfield

#2937 5 years ago

Anyone know this info, or could pull out their outlane post and find this out for me? I'd really appreciate the help. My game is crazy brutal right now- no right outlane post installed at all..almost as hard as my Drac right next to it

You need someone to remove their outlane post to find out what size for you? Is this correct

I just want to make sure before I take anything apart

#2939 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Is this the PF that circulated around western Canada a while ago? Nathan in Med hat was looking for one as well...maybe your old one is better than the one he currently has...Just a thought as he had reached out to me when he found out we had joined the club a couple months ago...

Nope. This came from the NE US and has been in the same persons hands for a number of years.....until today

My current playfield that's installed is in really good condition. Just the scoop hole would required some bondo work. Tell him to PM me if he's interested.

#2944 5 years ago

Correct- a picture of the screw and the size would be super helpful. Also, does it need a washer on the underside (if so, I guess the size of that would be helpful too, if its not obvious). Thanks

And the right outlane post is the one that is adjustable? (Just above the right drain lane)

#2951 5 years ago
Quoted from spikedbat:

Does anybody have any nice graphics that they would be willing to share so that I can get some blades printed for my TFTC?
Also looking for score cards as well.
Would be willing to pay a bit if that helps get me what i'm looking for.
Thanks!

I think I have scorecards on my computer at home. (I'm @ work right now)

PM me and I'll check in the AM when I get home.

#2953 5 years ago

spikedbat

I have scorecards on my computer. If you want I can email then to you...no need to pay. Just PM me with your email and I'll send it to you.

Cheers!

#2961 5 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

Since I can't post in his original thread, I wanted to post why I love this community. I ended up selling my NOS TFTC a playfield to Sean, username TheHueManatee, after lots of internal debate. Did I really need it, when mine in my game was in really nice shape? Did I want to take the dive of shipping internationally? Answer finally was why not take the chance and help out a fellow pinsider, rather than hoard a playfield.
Anyways, the transaction had lots of challenges but we had great communication throughout and made it work even with some transit issues. I ended up being hospitalized before Sean received his playfield for a severe blood clot/pulmonary embolism. I was in the hospital for 2 straight weeks and it was a pretty depressing and lonely time for me. During that time, Sean emailed every few days and checked in with me trying to cheer me up. He also went out of his way to send a care package of Canadian food/snacks to share with the family. I've never seen my 5 kids so excited about food. He had no obligation to do anything once the transaction was over. I think it just really shows another example of how great people in this hobby are and I like to think that I have a new distant friend for life. Sorry to take up so much real estate in the thread but I wanted to express my gratitude now that I'm out of the hospital.

Hey Mike,

I am so glad to hear you are finally out of the hospital. I wasn't sure if sending a care package of junk food was the smartest thing to do considering you we're just hospitalized...but I figured your kids would take care of most of the items anyways.

The wife & I are so appreciative of you selling the NOS playfield to us that the least we could do was send a care package to lift your spirits (and the family). I promised whoever sold me a NOS TFTC playfield would receive a care package free of charge....and I like to think I am a man of my word. (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-tales-from-the-crypt-playfield-nos#post-4228501)

I hope that most of the treats are items you & the kids have never seen before. Those Joe Louis cakes are AMAZING!!!
Enjoy the bilingual packaging too.

Keep in touch Mike! And if you are ever in my neck of the woods...you are more than welcome to drop in for a visit. Friends are always welcome

Take care of yourself buddy!

-Sean

#2963 5 years ago

Mostly ignored but the Data East chrome plastic logo just doesnt look good, especially after 25 years. Following in the footseps of the famous Jurassic Park restore, the logo has been painted with a great Rust-Oleum. Looks like a gunmetal plaque now, matching the color of the bat and the rat on the apron.

I like the look! May have to do the same

#2965 5 years ago

Thanks. It kind of just ties the pin together. As Lebowski would say.

I like that alternate translite too. Did it come with the machine?

#2968 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Shout out to Modfather for the custom paint, LED critter eyes, LED lighting and a sturdier base on my topper.

Can anyone suggest what kinds of paint I would need and the colors to replicate this? The wife is handy with that stuff and has agreed to do it.

8532abf918cddc3de5db569f6a535338e347a6ab.jpeg8532abf918cddc3de5db569f6a535338e347a6ab.jpeg
#2982 5 years ago

Looks like there's a full set of TFTC plastics for sale on eBay...just posting here to share for anyone who may be interested.

Edit: looks like they are used.

ebay.com link: 0

#2986 5 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

CPR has the complete TFTC plastic set available again on their website, as of their announcement last week.

I forgot about that as well. I was just cruising eBay and figured I'd share.

1 week later
#2992 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I recently found a gorgeous TFTC and am finishing up a full teardown. I just finished up my topper. Take a look:

Nice! My wife agreed to do the paint job on our topper this winter...I just need to provide her with the paint.

What kind of paint did you use?

#3002 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

So randomly my left flipper will go dead. Switch shows in test mode. Ive reseated connectors. Any suggestions?

Clean the contacts. Use a business card

#3018 5 years ago

For those that need scorecards

TFTC rule cards.jpgTFTC rule cards.jpgmxwnsJgQ.jpegmxwnsJgQ.jpegzZipmQdw.jpegzZipmQdw.jpeg
#3021 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Here is another set of scorecards that are available from the following URL.
http://www.pinballcards.com/Search?submit_form=0&search=crypt
Gord
[quoted image]

Right on Gord. How's that mantis scoop holding up?

#3030 5 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Crappy ... in into the back now ... battery damage!!! [quoted image]

Those are some old batteries!!

#3039 5 years ago

Finished my scoop repair, painted mylared and added a mantis protector. Unfortunately, some of the fill isn't holding up to ball travel. Anyone have any suggestions? A cliffy was actually my first choice but it didn't fit due to the post placements being slightly different on my sample game.
[quoted image]

Looks good!

1 week later
#3053 5 years ago

Does anyone's TFTC launch the ball with the left flipper button (mine does)?

Not mine.

#3057 5 years ago

Thanks for the replies. It was doing this the other night during a two player game. Last night it did not during my usual one player game. I'll try two players again tonight and check the wiring around the trough/shooter area.

Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Only if I hit both flippers together but then it launches into the bottom of 3rd flipper when it shoots out

I tried doing this with 1 player + 2 players. The same result occurred both times.

If the ball is in the shooter lane, I can hit the left or right flipper and nothing happens. I hit both flippers together nothing happens.
I hit the flippers one at a time....left/right/left/right/left/right/left/right...and then the ball launches.

#3059 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Johnny, I would try to see if you can replicate this in test mode. Or alternatively try to find out if a different switch is triggering at the same time you use the flipper. Could be vibration causing a switch contact. IE In normal play, if the ball is in the shooter lane, and you manually press a switch that is not the drop targets, the ball will automatically launch.

This is a good suggestion. I remember the ball launching when I had the glass off and testing switches.

As soon as a switch is activated the ball will launch.

#3061 5 years ago

Thanks. There is a flipper ball launch option in the adjustments which launches the ball when both flippers are pushed at the same time. I turn this option off on my games.
I tried a two player game this morning and nothing unusual happened so it must be wiring under the playfield. I'll open it up tonight and see what may be going on...

run a switch test and see if another switch is being activated when you hit the left flipper.

#3067 5 years ago

#3071 5 years ago

I wouldn't mind ordering a Xpin PS as well. Unfortunately they don't ship to Canada.

#3075 5 years ago

I bought these disgustingly real looking eye ball props from eBay user -> deadheadprops

Dremmeled the back of them & placed them over the scoop + ramp LEDs. Haven't fallen off once!
2a9d967b55ed3022cf912c5f6f2a36da2ba777e7.jpg2a9d967b55ed3022cf912c5f6f2a36da2ba777e7.jpg6070ca37d0875aa939e83efe0fd9b5e9a3d6ff77.jpg6070ca37d0875aa939e83efe0fd9b5e9a3d6ff77.jpg8c4684ae7dcf49da5b015fd03ebb3c8fe6f1910a.jpg8c4684ae7dcf49da5b015fd03ebb3c8fe6f1910a.jpg

0ca7260529e880342b5cc3bdc9cf5adbe9f1f448.jpg0ca7260529e880342b5cc3bdc9cf5adbe9f1f448.jpg
#3080 5 years ago
Quoted from GKW:

Is there any manufacturer actively making reproduction playfields? I have seen where Marco had them at some point not too long ago. I am interested in buying a new playfield to bring my project to life, so that I can join the club!

Took me 6-8 months, two WTB ads & constant bumping for me to finally secure a NOS TFTC playfield.

Prior to finding my NOS TFTC playfield, I messaged Mirco and asked about the possibility of a TFTC repro playfield run. He replied saying that he doesn't have the rights to reproduce them anymore and that it's not possible at this time.

Just an FYI...

#3081 5 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Just recently joined the club and I'm in the middle of sourcing parts for a teardown and cleanup. I've been lucky in my search but I haven't been able to find clear plastic replacements that will ship to the US.
Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find those or at the very least templates to make my own?

If the plastic part you need ships to Canada I can be your go between and ship it to you.

#3083 5 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Thanks for the offer TheHueManatee but I think even with the shipping to Canada it might be cost prohibitive. I found an image on this site (http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/plastics/7528/clear-plastics-for-tales-from-the-crypt) which I will use to roll my own clear plastics. I'll be sure to share templates when I make those.
Does anyone have a good image of the start button? Mine was customized at one point and I'd like to come up with a suitable replacement that's closer to the original.
[quoted image]

Lol "You're gonna die"

Does this picture suffice?

IMG_20180820_0743268.jpgIMG_20180820_0743268.jpg
#3085 5 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

That's perfect. Thank you.
I'll share the new image I come up with so others can use it if they are so inclined. Off to wait for the mailman.

Would you make an extra set for sale?

I purchased the large plastic on eBay from a guy in Germany. But I don't have the others.

ebay.com link: 0

#3098 5 years ago

Seems like a Mantis can only work properly on a new playfield or scoop with absolutely no chipping.

1 week later
#3110 5 years ago

Installed the protector from Portugal. Seems to be beefier and I like the way it clasps to the right side where the abuse goes most rather than the front where it just rests.
[quoted image]

Beefier indeed!! You won't get any slow/medium rolls into the scoop.

1 week later
#3115 5 years ago

Anyone know what fuses are required for the shaker board? 2.5 amps sound correct?

Can't seem to find the fuse infor for the shaker board in the manual

#3117 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Post 3008, and yea 2.5

Thanks

#3118 5 years ago

Can someone enlighten me on how to activate the knocker on my TFTC?

I installed it and it works in the coil test but doesn't make a knocking sound when it hit the replay value (which is 315 million). Instead I get a little 3 seconds jingle sound when I hit the replay value.

#3121 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

The knocker was so lame on mine you are probably ahead with the jingle.

You're probably right but it's the last thing I need to enable on my TFTC. Just wondering why I can't enable it.

#3124 5 years ago

Is there a service bulletin for Data East flipper coils?

I'm looking at ordering coils and my manual says they are the same. But I thought the upper flipper was changed to a lesser strength one in the service bulletin.

#3137 5 years ago

I got the LCD. If I had to choose I'd go LED for simplicity. I'm glad the guy I bought my TFTC from did a great job installing the LCD.

Animations look amazing!

1 week later
#3153 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Appreciate the effort but you pretty much changed it into a weird metal rock pin taking away from all the campy goodness that makes it what it is.Maybe you should put those efforts towards a re-theme.

I tend to agree with this. I don't understand the appeal of pinsound. I'd rather a sub installed than pinsound changing the originality of it.

1 week later
#3171 5 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Swede:

Can you fins where to get the eyeball for the duplicate multiball that is is fixed I cant find it

Are you talking about the captive ball eyeball?

Or the eyeballs over the ramps and scoop?

Ramps + scoop eyeballs come from eBay. eBay Username is ---> deadheadprops

The captive ball eyeball was also found on eBay. But I can't recall what user though.

3 weeks later
#3196 5 years ago

I find hitting the captive ball 5 times for an extra ball very satisfying. There's just something about it...

#3202 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I don't recall seeing this or asking here but is there a way to set a grace period right after the ball launch? I'm running code 4.0.

I believe it's determined by the number of switches hit after launch. I don't think it's adjustable though.

#3221 5 years ago

Mine came from another pinsider but the concept is the same. Here's a few pics again to show my example.

Airball problem completely solved!

7f42dd9a59ceebbca8b54c6ba8825716e0fba8af.jpg7f42dd9a59ceebbca8b54c6ba8825716e0fba8af.jpg8ba4121306ebf797064b15ee51cd09ef0f9d2eae.jpg8ba4121306ebf797064b15ee51cd09ef0f9d2eae.jpgf83bc6440e801e28168b3e6c5976615cad2af8cb.jpgf83bc6440e801e28168b3e6c5976615cad2af8cb.jpg

1 month later
#3247 5 years ago

I'd buy one of those when you're ready to sell them!

#3252 5 years ago

Merry Christmas crypt keepers!!

IMG_20181223_2008544.jpgIMG_20181223_2008544.jpg
1 month later
#3292 5 years ago

I still haven't hit the crypt jam mode yet.

#3301 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Sean,
Yeah, CJ is not as easy to collect as some would have you believe. I have only collected CJ a handful of times in the 3+ years that I have owned my TFTC and it is pretty cool to watch.
The geometry on shooting the RIP scoop makes it a tougher than expected shot from either of the two bottom flippers. I actually find it easier to shoot the RIP scoop from the upper right flipper so from the lower flippers I shoot the 'Extra Ball' lane on the upper right hand side and then the VUK drops the ball to the upper right flipper for a nice shot at the RIP scoop.
Gord

This is the approach I have been taking...but it doesn't seem to be working for me. The wife, on the other hand, has hit crypt jam at least a dozen times.

Quoted from Cyrus:

Man, don't feel bad. I've had mine almost two years and have not hit it either!!!! lol

I feel better now

1 week later
#3307 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I hate the service pegs on data east. I got the mantis ones which were an upgrade but I much more preferred the slide rails on Simpson’s. I recently got some side art for tftc, and from a previous experience it’s easier to balance the play field with service rails like stern White star or Sam.
Long and short is I installed these SAM rails on my game today. So far so good, they seem slightly uneven so I might add a little furniture slider on one side. Already way better than the original
[quoted image]

I've got the same setup on mine. Works like a charm. Well done!

#3311 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I hate the service pegs on data east. I got the mantis ones which were an upgrade but I much more preferred the slide rails on Simpson’s. I recently got some side art for tftc, and from a previous experience it’s easier to balance the play field with service rails like stern White star or Sam.
Long and short is I installed these SAM rails on my game today. So far so good, they seem slightly uneven so I might add a little furniture slider on one side. Already way better than the original
[quoted image]

Forgot to ask....whats your side art look like?

#3315 5 years ago
Quoted from MrNanaba:

Any way to turn off the stove/flickering when the crypt multiball is ready?

I think this may be what you're looking for.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-gi-smoother-for-data-east

2 weeks later
#3326 5 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

I have the same ones in my Metallica but they work just as well with Tales, too.

I'd like to get side art or mirrors but I find the playfield is a tight squeeze with the cabinet and may destroy the art/blades when lifting/lowering the playfield. Watching with interest

#3331 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

After about 2 years of trying to join the club I was finally able to purchase a TFTC! Purchased some glow titans and was able to tune up a couple of things thanks to boat
[quoted image]

The MOR-GUE the merrier!!

2 weeks later
#3338 5 years ago

Anyone have an extra set of rails for their TFTC?

#3340 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Sean,
I do not have an extra set of side rails for my TFTC, however, Marco sells them and they are compatible with TFTC.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-data-east-side-rails#post-4564461
Gord

I meant the wooden rails installed on the playfield. (Reese rails?)

#3342 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Ah, sorry about that. Yes, you are talking about 'Reese Rails'.
Gord

I shoulda been more specific. Thanks Gord.

Looking for a set of TFTC Reese rails....any condition. Thanks

#3347 4 years ago

4,391 plays later the cliffy protector finally breaks. This is from the inner lip of the protector nearest to the drop targets.

IMG_20190422_0942278.jpgIMG_20190422_0942278.jpg

#3349 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Install the mantis and buy another for your new playfield if need be. You won’t regret it.

I may just do that.

In other news...I just got my trough opto board today. Looking forward to seeing this in action.

IMG_20190423_1917298~2.jpgIMG_20190423_1917298~2.jpg
#3351 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

This is in place of the roll over switches in the trough? I never knew this was an option on Tales.

Yup...goodbye flaky switches! I actually caught a post in the JP club thread from Davi .He was making them for JP so I PM'd him about one for my TFTC. Maybe send him a PM, he may have some extra lying around.

1 week later
#3353 4 years ago

Added a Crypt Keeper head behind the tombstone.

1 week later
#3364 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

What is the best rom revision for this game?

v4.00 - ChadH 3.03

#3367 4 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Has anyone done anything to increase the flipper strength besides adjusting coils to hard? That left ramp is a b ioch to consistently make with them as they are now.
On a positive note I made the skull crack in shot when mode was on on first shot 1st time Eva to get that damn extra ball

I don't have any issues.....but do you have the correct coils installed on the flippers?

59af8acbdf0263f917b83e99cb98367cbd3df4b5.jpg59af8acbdf0263f917b83e99cb98367cbd3df4b5.jpg
#3370 4 years ago

Can any Canadian Crypt Keepers direct me where I can get Data East NVRAM with decent shipping?

Thanks!

#3382 4 years ago

Can anyone help me with a problem? It happens rarely....but sometimes when the multiball is lit at the middle spinner, I place a shot into the right ramp and it awards multiball as if I hit the middle spinner.

What would be causing this?

Thanks

#3384 4 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Sean, as I understand it, the game will give you the multi ball from the right ramp ONLY if you have not had a multi ball yet.So it helps you into multi ball the first time it is available.

Oh really?? Well ill be darned....learn something new everyday.

Thanks

1 week later
#3411 4 years ago

Still looking for a set of reese rails for TFTC.

Condition doesn't matter. Thanks!

#3421 4 years ago
Quoted from bigcat68:

Can y'all help me out with an accurate LED bulb count list for TFTC. I'm trying to make a comet pinball order soon. Any help would be appreciated. And or any recommendations on bulb types and colors for certain area. Please let me know.

Quoted from MG7322:

I’d be interested too! Mine has a lot of green and uV lamps that I’d like to change up.

I just went by the manual when I made my recent order. (TFTC manual page 39)
2.jpg2.jpgUntitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

#3424 4 years ago

Damn you @boat!!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#3425 4 years ago

Well I finally hit crypt jam tonite!! It took me nearly two years but it finally happened!!

#3432 4 years ago

I took mine to the NW Pinball and Arcade Show this weekend with a For Sale sign on it. Before I packed it up I got to Crypt Jam 'manually' and rocked out to the funky tunes. It was 40 minutes after the show opened that I was contacted by an interested collector, that says something about how great this game is. Good bye TFTC, it's been fun and gory. The new owners are opening up an arcade in Vancouver, BC so I'll get to visit it on occasion.

What do you mean by getting crypt jam "manually?" Hand fed it to crypt jam just to listen to the tunes? lol, if so that's funny.

It's such a fun pin. Gory, funny, punny, absurd, politically incorrect and somewhat deep. I'll never get rid of it. Even if I changed my mind one day and wanted to sell it, the wife wouldn't let me.

#3433 4 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Left the club over the weekend. However I think I will be joining a new one.....Casters club perhaps

I feel like you'll be regretting that decision.

#3435 4 years ago

It's a full house and Tales from the Crypt unfortunately had to go to make room.

That's just the way she goes

#3442 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I just noticed there is a diverter in the very back. When does this diverter activate and what for? It appears to be off the playfield too much to do anything

The diverter will only be enabled when you spelt out crypt by bashing the tombstone and multiball is ready to be awarded. Then....when you fire a shot up the right spinner, the diverter will activate and stop the ball from going into the pop bumpers and will divert the pinball down into the upper right VUK. This gives you a chance to fire the pinball into the tombstone from the upper right flipper to get multiball.

#3447 4 years ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

On a separate note, I recently refurbed the cabinet, added nvram and rom and now notice the crypt keeper is cut off mid sentence when I turn the machine on. I had this problem a few years ago but was fixed during a service and now suddenly returned. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks for any help.

I believe that's normal with the new 4.0 Chad roms. Mine does the same....kinda sounds like "no pets..." and then he gets cutoff.

#3452 4 years ago

Yeah thats the one! Cheers

Here's a video of mine...."No pets!"
I feel bad for my dogs but rules are rules, lol

#3467 4 years ago

Does anyone know where to find TFTC instruction cards/artwork thatvis simiar to this? I have seen these translucent ones (for lights that dont seem to be available anymore?), but looking to print off in blue or red that keeps the same TFTC logo signage as the translight. Thanks.[quoted image]

Here's a few I posted a while back. Hope this helps.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/61#post-4510945

#3473 4 years ago

Yep thats exactly what mine does. The lighting for your topper looks great. Does your backbox have the inserts? Mind me asking for a pic of the (green) clear plastic? I have one but cant seem to fit it. Sorry i only have an average picture onhand to show it.[quoted image]

The one I currently have on my TFTC has the lower hole out of line. I emailed the eBay guy in Germany and I sent him measurements and he sent me a replacement piece. The picture is of the replacement piece.

IMG_20190616_1204308.jpgIMG_20190616_1204308.jpg

Not sure about the backbox and inserts.

Quoted from ChadH:

One thing I am not 100% certain about... I think that if your coin door is open when you power on your game then the entire sound is always played. I've never fully investigated that. Probably because the programmers figured that you were in maintenance mode and didn't cut of the sound in this instance.

I tried this today and it's not the case. Even with the coin door open I get the same sound. I have never heard any other sound upon booting it up that what I had in my video. It's the same sound 100% of the time.

#3483 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I'm not really sure how to do this exactly..... But could Q66 be the problem?
Thanks again for the help guys
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

^ So I had the transistor on Q66 replaced a long time ago and the crypt kicker was behaving normally again. No issues for almost a year.

Then yesterday I noticed that the crypt kicker was behaving oddly again like it did when the transistor on Q66 blew. I checked out the backbox and noticed Q66 transistor blew again and will need to be replaced.

The question I have is....

What could make this transistor blow again?
What can I do to ensure this isn't a regular occurrence?

Thanks folks!

2 months later
#3516 4 years ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

Just became a member last weekend! Is anyone else here on the CPR list for a new PF? Mine is okay, but would definitely warrant a new PF if it was available.

Put out a WTB ad for a NOS playfield. Worked for me.

I've also seen a few of them for sale on pinside. Good luck!

#3524 4 years ago
Quoted from tribetime13:

Greetings boils and ghouls - was wondering if anyone else experienced this issue....
Ball is not feeding into the shooter lane. Active switch test is correctly reflecting all the ball trough switches. Any thoughts on where to start?
TIA

Check the shooter lane coil switch to see if the ball is hitting the switch hard enough to activate it being kicked into the shooter lane. Mine was being finicky and I just bent the switch a tad towards the ball trough.....enabling the ball to hit the switch hard enough.

#3531 4 years ago
Quoted from Gvalgard:

Hi gang , currently on a 9 hour road trip with my wife to pick up a TFTC. Wish me luck.

Be sure to take pics when you got it all setup!

#3535 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

What an incredible mod...gonna order these soon! Color DMD is next. Love this game.

They are great. I ended up using zip ties to keep them in place and bunch them into the wires. I had a few missed right ramp shots that would land in the eye balls tail and get stuck. Lol

2 months later
#3572 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

All the connectors have wires in them?
I don't have a manual

You do now!

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2493/Data_East_1993_Tales_from_the_Crypt_Manual.pdf

2 months later
#3620 4 years ago

Welcome the to club!! The morgue the merrier!!

Quoted from wayinla:

Next are LEDs and maybe a Color DMD LED.

Color DMD is a must!!

#3622 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

The LED version require no modification to the back box, correct? Plug and play?

I have the LCD and that requires modification. LED does not required modification.

1 month later
#3649 4 years ago

HI i got mine today how long in front is the one you got mine is very far out, looking from above mine is covering the 3 heads completly is that to long??

It's 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches.

IMG_20200228_1352595.jpgIMG_20200228_1352595.jpg

Quoted from etnfrd67:

Anyone have a spare door handle for sale?

Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

I bought a brass one on ebay and made it work, cost was around $15 shipped. Granted not the exact match, but it works and looks better than nothing!![quoted image]

IMG_20200228_1347234.jpgIMG_20200228_1347234.jpg

#3651 4 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Sean,
Your TFTC door handle which came from a hardware store looks exactly like my TFTC door handle which as far as I know is the original TFTC door handle. If you have a link for this door handle you may want to post it as I am sure it would help out some fellow TFTC owners.
See the photo of my TFTC door handle below which I believe to be original.
Gord
[quoted image]

Well here I was thinking it wasnt original. Lol

Edit: just spoke to the previous owner and the tongue came from the hardware store. The handle is original. My mistake.

2 weeks later
#3667 4 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Hello fellow Tails owners. I need some help, I got my Tails 6 months back and have realized that coil on the 3rd upper right flipper is to strong and is starting to damage the Creature feature scup and cliffy. What is the proper coil to have on this upper flipper?

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I don't have any issues.....but do you have the correct coils installed on the flippers?
[quoted image]

See this ^ post

4 weeks later
#3678 4 years ago
Quoted from renoman22:

Here's a video of the new door handle head in action.

That is awesome!!!

AWSEOME i love it are you going to sell them?????

I second this question!!

#3682 4 years ago
Quoted from renoman22:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where do I send my money??

#3689 4 years ago
Quoted from renoman22:

Added lights to the Crypt Keeper eyes.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#3691 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

Hi, what is the correct coil for the Upper pinball? I knew the manual was wrong
Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/68#post-4987059

3 weeks later
#3703 3 years ago

Watching an old episode of Tales From the Crypt and saw the Crypt Keeper playing the TFTC pinball at the beginning of the episode. He seemed to be enjoying it.

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpgUntitled2.jpgUntitled2.jpg
#3705 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Which episode was it?

Season 5 Episode 11 - Oil's Well That Ends Well

#3713 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Picked up a tftc today, and am puttin in the new plastics that came with it. Are these promotional pieces, or,,,, ?
[quoted image]

See post below.

Quoted from GRB1959:

Those circled plastic pieces are not actually used in the game. They are used to create a stand-up plastic topper-like plastic assembly that sits on a flat surface when assembled. They are extras that are not needed for the game, but are sort of a nice to have for a collector.
Gord
[quoted image]

#3719 3 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

I would think the Cryptkeeper goes in front of the zombies...

He should be in front. But to each their own.

I also use the extra crypt keeper I have for behind the tombstone. Like I said....to each their own.
IMG_20200517_1851354.jpgIMG_20200517_1851354.jpg

824f78ba548dc2a4f39eb0106623016ad7a525e6.jpg824f78ba548dc2a4f39eb0106623016ad7a525e6.jpg
#3721 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

That looks good, how did you attatch?

These pics should show you more than I can explain. Lol

The crypt keeper plastic goes up when the tombstone lifts and then falls back into place when the tombstone stops. The ball will also slightly slap the crypt keepers hand when you hit the left ramp. Just a minor effect that adds some pizzaz to the game in my opinion.

My wife is playing it right now. I'll see if I can get some video of it shortly to show you.

IMG_20200517_2048478.jpgIMG_20200517_2048478.jpgIMG_20200517_2049384.jpgIMG_20200517_2049384.jpgIMG_20200517_2049544.jpgIMG_20200517_2049544.jpg

#3722 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

That looks good, how did you attatch?

Here's the video.

1 month later
#3743 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballPerk:

It’s hitting the middle target and the target is dropping as expected but the angle it hits the target sends it straight down the middle. I will play around with it

Also try to fiddle/move the gate at the end of the shooter lane. Maybe clean it a bit too. I find that works for me.

3 months later
#3765 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Does anyone have a spare djshakes air ball plastic? He said he's done with all that, and I need one since my TFTC doesn't have one.
Thanks,
Steven

That airball plastic makes a world of difference! Gluck in your search.

#3770 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Could someone post a picture of this airball plastic in the machine?
I think i am missing it (but didn't know it existed). Only recently joined the club.

f83bc6440e801e28168b3e6c5976615cad2af8cb.jpgf83bc6440e801e28168b3e6c5976615cad2af8cb.jpg
4 months later
#3877 3 years ago

Gord is the man!

1 week later
#3894 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

In the club!
Now to hit the last 77 pages of this thread.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The MORGUE the merrier

1 week later
#3904 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Here is a new translite available for this awesome classic.[quoted image]

Ohhh I like that dark look to it.

1 week later
#3938 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Beat me to it.
Just threw this alt translite in. Not bad, but looks a little grainy.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yea I have that one and think the same thing. Too grainy.

#3940 3 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

I went with this alternative. I really like the comic book art, still have to do some LED changes to warm white but it’s pretty clear and good quality. Grabbed from ministryofpinball.com. I think most alternative seem to bleed through the light more than OEM...

I have that one as well. my favorite one

1 month later
#3971 2 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Almost left the club. I just couldn’t shoot that hole to start a tale. Shot seemed to be dead on but the ball wouldn’t drop in. Then I decided to remove the hole protector. There was some wear but it was patched but I figure if it wears again I can patch it again. I was able to get all but one of the tales before draining my last ball. This is finally a fun pin!

I took the cliff protector off my TFTC and installed a mantis scoop protector instead. What a difference!!!!

1 month later
#3982 2 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Almost left the club. I just couldn’t shoot that hole to start a tale. Shot seemed to be dead on but the ball wouldn’t drop in. Then I decided to remove the hole protector. There was some wear but it was patched but I figure if it wears again I can patch it again. I was able to get all but one of the tales before draining my last ball. This is finally a fun pin!

Getting crypt jam and listening to the funky music is very, very satisfying.

#3987 2 years ago
Quoted from Tveigel78:

Thanx for comments. Got another part for topper. Think I’m finally done adding to it.

Looks like the same eyeball I have over the ramps and scoop on my TFTC. So real and gruesome like.

Well done on the topper!

#3989 2 years ago
Quoted from Tveigel78:

Got eyeball from dead head props.

Yupp...same eyeball. That's where I got my three

#3990 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Who is the source for the reproduction toppers? How do they compare to the originals? Thanks.

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/spareparts/tales-from-the-crypt-topper.html

Not sure how they compare but they are in stock @ minister of pinball.

2 weeks later
#3995 2 years ago

Someone is selling a new set of TFTC plastics in the Pinside Marketplace.....FYI for anyone who needs a plastic set.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/113474

3 weeks later
#4010 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Am I crazy or does TFTC not have auto plunge? I am running A4.00.

It does have an auto plunger. During freezes and multi balls it should auto plunge. I'm running the same code.

#4014 2 years ago

You need to install a mantis protector on that scoop before it starts getting blown out. (Or a cliffy)

#4016 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I was thinking the same thing, however will the full playfield protector also protect the scoop hole edges? If you zoom in on the scoop hole you can see that the playfield protector does slightly overlap the scoop hole edges.
Gord

Good eye Gord! I'm not entirely sure if it would stay flush against the scoop hole edges or not.

Gotta protect the scoop!!!

#4018 2 years ago

Dumb question but is it possible to install both mantis & cliffy on a TFTC?

Probably. But what would be the point? They both serve the same purpose...just built differently.

#4021 2 years ago

Fair point. I was thinking as I have considerable wear, even after a repair both would offer protection. The mantis (based on the visual look of it) seems it would offer more internal/wallt structure protection and he cliffy is more playfield top and corner.
Years ago as bit of a rookie I put a cliffy on a badly worn scoop without a repair. Basically just bent it all up after 6 months. My fault. Not a cliffy design thing.

The mantis does a surprisingly great job protecting the scoop hole. I prefer it over the cliffy when I have a choice between the two. Otherwise I'd have a cliffy on.

2 weeks later
#4037 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Finally picked up a tftc, it was routed and the cabinet is beat up pretty bad but the playfield is actually in really nice shape and it plays really well.
I have on order
Color dmd
Full set of cliffys
A new x pin power supply
Titan rubbers
Comet LEDs
Decal kit
And I’m sure some other odds and ends (was drunk and stoned shopping last night).
Are there any other “must have” mods for this game?

The airball deflector mod. It totally eliminates any air balls that may occur off the drop targets. A must have in my opinion.

#4040 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Where did you get your deflector mod? Mine came with it but I ended up removing it cause the front of the plate would dip down and hit the balls that were in play.

Someone in this thread was selling them. (I think it was @djshakes) Not sure if he still is or if someone else took it up....

You may want to search this thread for past posts about it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/56#post-4219829

#4044 2 years ago
Quoted from subedriver:

Just got a TFTC. Game played fine at previous owners home. Brought it home and tells me 6 balls are missing. I can't find broken wire anywhere. I sent the boards off and had them gone through and it still does it. Had this thing a month and haven't played a single game on it. Any suggestions?

Sounds like a trough issue. Are the trough switches working?

#4049 2 years ago
Quoted from subedriver:

I think the connector needs rebuilt. I'm having a hard time finding what I need on Marco. Do you know what I should be searching for?

This?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CKWMS

1 month later
#4090 2 years ago

My wife has a bad habit of putting in 4-5 balls into the top right VUK during multiball and getting the balls stuck.

#4101 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

So is anyone currently making air ball stoppers for the game? I already pmd dj shakes who was making them, but he unfortunately isn't making anymore.

Message @Jakers. He also made them and may have leftovers?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/52#post-4084408

2 weeks later
#4111 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Played a TFTC at white rose this past weekend. Does anyone elses game shake when in the lite skull cracking mode? I don't remember mine doing it but I have chads code in.

If memory serves me correctly it does. Slightly less shaking than crypt multiball.

#4113 2 years ago

Hey, guys. Is the tombstone supposed to be going up and down when multiball is ready, or is it supposed to stay down? Not sure whether mine is behaving right or not. Thanks

When you bash the tombstone enough to spell crypt it should go down and stay down until you get crypt multiball. There shouldn't be any point in the game where it goes up and down continuously.

1 week later
#4121 2 years ago

Got a problem with my TFTC folks. Wondering if anyone could offer some advice.

The fuse keeps blowing in the red power supply cover in the front of the cabinet. Any ideas or suggestions on what the culprit could be?

#4124 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

What does that fuse control?

It controls the on/off function.

1 week later
#4128 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The fuse keeps blowing in the red power supply cover in the front of the cabinet. Any ideas or suggestions on what the culprit could be?

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Just bumping this to see if anyone has experienced this before? I went to play a game yesterday and the same thing happened. Turned it on and it didnt' boot up. I replaced the fuse and it booted up when I turned it on. I've owned this machine for 3 years or so and it's never happened until recently.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the culprit could be?

Thanks

#4130 2 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

Has it blown since? Sometimes they just go..

3 times in 30 days.

Can't be normal for it to blow that frequently.

3 weeks later
#4138 2 years ago

Looking for some confirmation here.

An 8 Amp slow blo fuse is needed for the power supply box correct? (The red box with the volume knob inside the cabinet)

Much appreciated!

1 week later
#4150 2 years ago
Quoted from ababapanos:

hello. in my crypt, there is this defect in the hole, there is some protector that i can put on to make it look more beautiful?
[quoted image]

Mine looks the same. I have a mantis protector installed to prevent anymore damage.

I had a cliffy protector but it got beat up pretty good and and began denting inward towards the hole. I prefer the mantis protector.

#4151 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Just bumping this to see if anyone has experienced this before? I went to play a game yesterday and the same thing happened. Turned it on and it didnt' boot up. I replaced the fuse and it booted up when I turned it on. I've owned this machine for 3 years or so and it's never happened until recently.
Just wondering if anyone knows what the culprit could be?
Thanks

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

3 times in 30 days.
Can't be normal for it to blow that frequently.

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Looking for some confirmation here.
An 8 Amp slow blo fuse is needed for the power supply box correct? (The red box with the volume knob inside the cabinet)
Much appreciated!

So I think I solved my issue.

I found the right lower flipper had a weak solder to the flipper switch. It was making contact but it was a weak/deteriorating solder. I believe that is what caused the fuse in the power supply box to continuously blow.

I soldered the flipper wire properly to the right flipper switch and I haven't had any more issues since. (knock on wood)

#4154 2 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

If you use a cliffy with damage that bad, you should use a wood putty of some sort to fix the damaged area. Then you don’t have the problem of indenting.

Yea I just didn't get around to that. I prefer the mantis overall because a ball may be able to drop in easier than with a cliffy installed. Maybe that's because I suck at pinball.....maybe not? Lol

I also have a NOS playfield and when it's installed the mantis will be installed on it as well.

3 weeks later
#4165 2 years ago

The time for procrastination is over. Trough opto board getting installed!

20220104_145112.jpg20220104_145112.jpg
#4167 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The time for procrastination is over. Trough opto board getting installed!
[quoted image]

Bye bye shitty rollover trough switches!!

6 ball multiballs are so much more fun now.

20220105_200920.jpg20220105_200920.jpg
1 week later
#4173 2 years ago

I have two brand new, unused cliffy protectors for sale. It's the cliffy for the the creature feature scoop shot.

Not sure what I should he asking for them so hit me up with a PM and offer if interested in one or both cliffys.

20220117_211608.jpg20220117_211608.jpg
2 weeks later
#4181 2 years ago

Great idea! All good with it so far?

Actually, just sold the machine and shipped it today.

But no regrets on the opto board trough whatsoever!

It runs great and the electric chair multiballs are so smooth. Since installing it I've noticed my scores improve dramatically as well. If you own a DE I highly recommend installing one.

1 year later
#4628 10 months ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

Second, I hooked up the shaker motor (which I was apprehensive to do) and it’s cool, but man it’s powerful. Is there a way to reduce the setting on it?
Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-adjust-a-shaker-motor-on-tftc-tutorial

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imnotnorm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=imnotnorm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.