image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatality83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3360 4 years ago

Going to be joining the club in 2 days, I can't wait !!

#3363 4 years ago

What is the best rom revision for this game?

#3373 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Going to be joining the club in 2 days, I can't wait !!

Joined the club on saturday the 11th. Can't believe I finally got one. Looks great next to my Freddy pin and Addams family pin. Drove 2 hours to Phonixville PA to get it from Pinball Clinic. After that I drove another hour to NJ to pick up a Rescue 911. The TFTC is in great shape. It was owned in the same home for 20 years. It has LEDs, the original door handle and topper. I plan to install a color DMD and a cliffy in the future and maybe a crypt keeper mod. I am loving playing it so far. I might upgrade to Chad H code, sounds pretty neat.
[quoted image][quoted image]

20190512_200542 (resized).jpg20190512_200542 (resized).jpg20190512_200811 (resized).jpg20190512_200811 (resized).jpg

#3378 4 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Color DMD makes for a great playing experience.

Go with Chads code ,it is a great improvement over the last original code.

Does anyone know what Eprom number is for the game rom without having to look? Mine has a sticker over it and I would rather just burn a new eprom then erase this one.

I ordered some TFTC blue paint from pinball universe last week. I plan on touching up the interior side walls and cabinet front where it needs it.

#3389 4 years ago

are you guys getting you led panels from color dmd or p2dmd? Is one better then the other?

#3397 4 years ago

Got two questions since I have had my TFTC for a few weeks now but haven't had much time to play it. My DMD looks kinda not as bright as my other games. Is anyone elses like this? I plan on getting a color dmd in the future so this isn't a huge issue.

What does using the door handle to lock in a feature do? When ever I start a mode it says you can lock it in with the door handle. If you do it, a door bell sound is heard and it says feature locked

#3404 4 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

How about the extra ball button below the start button? When does that come alive if ever?

There is an adjustment you can make in the game settings that allows the player the option of buying one extra ball after their game has ended. Normally they would have it set for 25 cents or 50 cents for an extra ball. You would put your money in and hit the extra ball button to get a 4th ball without the game resetting your score.

#3405 4 years ago

Is anyone elses TFTC knocker sound weak. Compared to my other pins this is the weakest. I haven't even raised the playfield yet to look at it to see what coils in there or anything. Just wondering if this is a common thing for this game

#3412 4 years ago

Anyone do the chad h code? I think I am doing something wrong. I downloaded the 3.03 roms from IDPD and extracted them. I then downloaded the patched files and extracted them. I got that lunar IPS patch tool It says select IPS file, I navigate to where the patched 4.0 cpu file is and select it. It then brings up a new box, select file to patch. I navigate to the Tftc original 3.03 rom, I have to select show all files because they don't show up on this list. I select TFTC 3.03 which is listed as a 303 and the other one is listed as a 301 file. It gives me a message it was patched. It creates a new text file. I load that new file in the rom burner and burn it to it, but it isn't working.

#3413 4 years ago

I tried burning the 3.03 rom from IDPD and when I start the game it says unofficial for the version

#3414 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I tried burning the 3.03 rom from IDPD and when I start the game it says unofficial for the version

I may be figuring it out. After you patch the file you need to load the file that is located where the original 3.03 rom is and not the new created text file

#3416 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Anyone do the chad h code? I think I am doing something wrong. I downloaded the 3.03 roms from IDPD and extracted them. I then downloaded the patched files and extracted them. I got that lunar IPS patch tool It says select IPS file, I navigate to where the patched 4.0 cpu file is and select it. It then brings up a new box, select file to patch. I navigate to the Tftc original 3.03 rom, I have to select show all files because they don't show up on this list. I select TFTC 3.03 which is listed as a 303 and the other one is listed as a 301 file. It gives me a message it was patched. It creates a new text file. I load that new file in the rom burner and burn it to it, but it isn't working.

Yup I figured out what I was doing wrong. I didn't know I had to burn the original rom file instead of the new tex file created by the patch program.

1 week later
#3430 4 years ago

I had to adjust my tombstone switch and clean it. It wasn't registering hits half the time. I got it to where it registers most of the time. A lot better then it was.

#3441 4 years ago

I just noticed there is a diverter in the very back. When does this diverter activate and what for? It appears to be off the playfield too much to do anything

1 week later
#3454 4 years ago

Man this game is hard, I can't get over 200 million on it. I have a couple little quirks I am trying to figure out. When my ball plunges it hits the center drop target every time and almost always goes straight down the middle. Kinda annoying, is there a way to change this somehow? The only think I can think is to try and bend the metal trail the ball rides against as it comes out of the shooter.

Also there is a gate that is kinda supposed to act like a check valve. It only allows the ball to come out of the shooter lane but not roll back in. I noticed if the ball hits this gate at the right spot it somehow bypasses the gate and rolls back into the shooter lane. Upon further inspection the only thing I can notice that is going on, is the gate is shifted to the left side and it allows the ball to slip past some times. Any suggestions?

Also there is no way to save your progress on the right ramp (the one that goes upside down) If I hit it, it starts living dead mode I think but if I drain it resets and goes back to living dead again. I have never gotten past chainsaw mode because it is always resetting. I am runing the Chad H Code.

#3455 4 years ago

also one last question. At the very back of the playfield on the back wall area where there is a little picture of the crypt keeper there is a single flasher. Is this supposed to have a dome over it? Mine does not. Thanks

#3474 4 years ago

Yup its a normal thing for Data East games to cut off the call out. Kinda stupid they took the time to program the game to do that but then the callout is cut short anyway.

#3475 4 years ago

Finally got my name on the high score board 490,000, I know that is a terrible score but I just suck at pinball in general so that is a good score for me.

#3478 4 years ago

Had a strange issue happen with my yesterday. I was playing and all of a sudden the display changed to show the revision screen that is shows when it boots up. It would stay on this screen till a ball would drain or something and then it would start working again. I figured data east crappy 5 volt power connector so I pulled the display and reflowed the 5 volt solder pins. I also removed and reseated the rom that is in the 0 spot on the back of the dmd. This eprom seemed like it came out too easy so I bent the legs out a little and reinstalled it. Testing the game, it would still do the display reset issue so I decided to check voltage to the back of the display. It was showing 4.98 volts at the 5 volt connector. I again removed the eprom from the back of the dmd. It was so loose I could remove it by hand with medium force. I bent the legs out even more and reinstalled it. So far I have played about 10 games and the display has not yet reset so I think I am on the right path with the eprom being the cause. Just letting everyone know in case they run into the same issue.

#3481 4 years ago

Wonder what could of happened with the backbox light that killed the dmd power? You didn't short anything out or drop anything down the back of the DMD. I would look at the F-7 that controls high voltage to display. I would check all the fuses with a meter just to be sure though.

#3482 4 years ago

Just to let anyone know, there is a lot of episodes of Tales from the Crypt uploaded on Youtube in case anyone wanted to watch them. I find it fun watching most of these for the first time and recognizing characters in the show from the artwork on the game

1 month later
#3505 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me if the top right habit rail is supposed to have a brace that helps support the end where it drops the ball? Mine only appears to be secured where it comes out of the playfield and when the ball comes out it kinda shakes the rail left and right a little. Just seems like there should be something in there to support the end.

Also the flashers in the very back of the playfield, on the section raised off the playfield with the cryptkeeper picture, is there supposed to be domes over them?

1 month later
#3525 4 years ago

My display keeps saying display version blah blah blah ect and just keeps saying this. I started jiggling around the wires and when I touched something in the back box at the top of the top right board it started working. I think I may have been jiggling a ribbon cable up towards the top when it started working. Any ideas?

4 weeks later
#3547 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Might I suggest this mod...the eyeballs look freshly ripped out and are very well done. You can choose your color. Thanks to thehuemanatee! One of the best mods I’ve seen. See https://deadheadprops.com/.
[quoted image]

I have to do this mod, I got to see one done in person and it's amazing

2 weeks later
#3554 4 years ago

My eyeballs came yesterday in the mail. Question for everyone that did this mod. When the light inside the eye lights up can you see it through the pupil or iris at all or does it just light up the sides?

20191021_212653 (resized).jpg20191021_212653 (resized).jpg20191021_212701 (resized).jpg20191021_212701 (resized).jpg
#3558 4 years ago

Played mine last night a bunch and an issue popped up. It seems like when in multi ball it started taking longer to pop the 2nd and 3rd ball out then normal. Also sometimes it only popped out the 2nd ball and not the 3rd. Of course when that happens and the 2nd ball drains and I only have only one ball in play the game still thought I had two and wouldn't end multi ball like it should. I looked down under the apron and saw there was an empty spot for the ball like one was missing. I pulled the apron and there was a ball sitting in the up kicker just sitting there. My guess is the opto for the ball up kicker is not working or is working intermittently. What does everyone do for this issue? Obviously clean the opto with a q tip and some alcohol I guess. Is there anything else I can try to do? Reflow solder somewhere?

#3564 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Hi. Unless you have the upgrade there are no optos in the Tales ball trough area. Switches only. The ball trough on Tales is know to have issues as do like Data East games from that period. I ended up replacing my roll over switches as well as the switch that triggers the solenoid that fires the ball into the shooter alley. This might help. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/testing-de-ball-trough-switches#post-3883196

Thanks, yeah it actually has a switch. I just looked down into the up kicker and saw a hole were a opto could be mounted but when i actually pulled the apron off i noticed it has a switch instead. I bent the arm for the switch out a little more so the ball is definitly triggering it. Hasn't happened since then and played a bunch of games since. Thanks

#3566 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Thanks, yeah it actually has a switch. I just looked down into the up kicker and saw a hole were a opto could be mounted but when i actually pulled the apron off i noticed it has a switch instead. I bent the arm for the switch out a little more so the ball is definitly triggering it. Hasn't happened since then and played a bunch of games since. Thanks

After I adjusted the switch it seems like it always kicks the balls out like it should but every once and awhile there seems to be some type of issue that only happens during multi ball. Just seems like the ball kick out times are not consistent. For example it will kick the 2nd ball out to start multi ball but there is a delay for the 3rd ball being kicked out. Always happens when I am not paying attention to it to see what is going on. I would imagine the ball isn't moving to the shooter quick enough for some reason. I will check out that thread that was linked above and see if that helps anything.

2 weeks later
#3576 4 years ago

Is both wires hooked onto the bulb that sits above the shooter lane?

1 year later
#4030 2 years ago

Anyone have issues with the right rear upkicked not making it the first time? I tried adjusting the wireform ramp where its centered over the hole and that made little to no improvement.

#4033 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I had a similar issue 5 years ago. You may want to review the thread below for how I eventually resolved my issue.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-vuk-issue
Gord

thanks i will give it a shot

#4046 2 years ago

you followed the wires from the ball trough to where they daisy chain to other neaby switches. Try taking a multi meter and checking continuity between the wire. Go from the wherever the wires go after they leave the ball trough and see if you have continuity between there and the ball trough switch

#4047 2 years ago

also maybe the connector needs rebuilt if it registers when you push on it but I would check continuity first between the wires and make sure you don't have an internal wire break somewhere

1 week later
#4057 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I had a similar issue 5 years ago. You may want to review the thread below for how I eventually resolved my issue.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-vuk-issue
Gord

I rebuilt the upkicker with the kit posted and it didn't seem to make a difference. The ball doesn't do it all the time it may only be 1 in 10 times, it almost seems like the ball doesn't have enough ommph to make it up. The coil sleeve looks newer and everything moves freely. I tried moving the alignment of the habit rail and that didn't seem to make a difference.

Should I be looking for a slightly more powerful coil? It currently has the white labeled coil that comes factory

#4059 2 years ago

Yup the kit came with all 3 of them. I put them on and didn't bend them or anything, just pryed one side out enough to make it slide on the cap.

3 weeks later
#4077 2 years ago

Does anyone have issues where repeated shots into the creature feature scoop bounce back out. Its pretty frustrating but almost every shot I make to the scoop comes back out. I do have a cliffy hole protector on it so not sure that is what is causing it it or what. Seems the only way I can make the shot is by accident

#4079 2 years ago
Quoted from CrisCrow:

it can be a tough shot, My cliffy interferes sometimes but its usually just the angle or speed of the shot. I usually flip it in off the third flipper.

Thats what i need to learn to do is shoot it from the 3rd flipper. I always try on the bottom two. This game makes me realize how bad I am at playing pinball . The shots are so difficult for me

#4081 2 years ago

Still having issues with my up kicker not making it all the time. I rebuilt it and adjusted it like its supposed to be. The coil sleeve looks ok. I don't think the ball is hitting anything that I can tell on the way up. Just sometimes the ball goes up and getting to the bend in the habitrail and then falling back down into the VUK. Normally on the 2nd try the game seems to shoot the ball harder and it makes it. All wiring to the coil looks ok and I can't see anything out of place. Any thoughts/ideas on swapping in a slightly more powerful coil? Any ideas what would be something that would be the next step up in power to try out?

#4088 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Mine was doing the same thing so I rebuilt the whole assembly and put in a new coil sleeve and readjusted the switch and have had no issues since.
Keep in mind there is a right and wrong way to put the spring on the vuk and it needs all 3 of the spring clamps.
Other than those things make sure it isn’t binding on the habitrail and have your game leveled correctly.

Does this look like the right way for the spring to be, I changed it so the wider part is going towards the mushroom cap thing the ball sits on. The wider part was facing down towards the coil. I changed it to how you see in the photo and adjusted the vuk switch so it is more sensitive and my game has made it in the first kick out every time so far which is good news.

20210923_200118.jpg20210923_200118.jpg20210923_200456.jpg20210923_200456.jpg
#4092 2 years ago

Anyone have a color LCD in their Tales? From what I am understanding colorDMD website only lists and LED for TFTC because you have to modify the backbox. But I have seen some older posts where people said you can add an LCD after cutting and triming some stuff. Does anyone on here have a color LCD and do you have any pictures of what you had to do to mount the LCD?

#4099 2 years ago

So basically you trim that lip and cut off a DMD mounting post and loose a backbox bulb. That doesn't seem too bad. Would you say it was well worth adding it? I am assuming you could reinstalled a regular DMD if you ever wanted to with no real losses except a mounting tab. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures, they were very helpful

#4100 2 years ago

So is anyone currently making air ball stoppers for the game? I already pmd dj shakes who was making them, but he unfortunately isn't making anymore.

2 weeks later
#4110 2 years ago

Played a TFTC at white rose this past weekend. Does anyone elses game shake when in the lite skull cracking mode? I don't remember mine doing it but I have chads code in.

#4116 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Then I've got a problem. Thanks.

check tombstone in test menu. There is a specific test in the menu options which allows you to run it up and down by stepping it with the start button. Make sure both open and closed switches are registering when the ole stone of tomb is all the way up and all the way down respectively. I don't know about this machine for sure but in my Freddy, if one of the boiler door switches it not working or misadjusted, the boiler door can't find its home and goes up and down more then it should

1 week later
#4122 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Got a problem with my TFTC folks. Wondering if anyone could offer some advice.
The fuse keeps blowing in the red power supply cover in the front of the cabinet. Any ideas or suggestions on what the culprit could be?

What does that fuse control?

#4123 2 years ago

I just added a color LCD to my Tales an boy is it outstanding!! I have several color LCD's and TFTC is by far the best. My only problem is I now spend so much time staring at it while playing that I loose the ball most of the time. They really did a great job on the dots on this game the color just sets it off even more

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,000 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatality83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=fatality83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.