image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3125 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Is there a service bulletin for Data East flipper coils?

36631a0952cad614eaf8bbf850a9775a66976713.pdf36631a0952cad614eaf8bbf850a9775a66976713.pdf
#3128 5 years ago

Question, Does everyone's TFTC Backbox have the green inserts on top that looks like it was intended for lighting, or was that just on the engineering sample models?

#3131 5 years ago

For those of you that put color displays in your machines, did you go with the color LED or LCD version just curious which one you liked better and why. I'm assuming the LCD version may need a bit of tinkering to fit as where the LED version should be a direct drop in.

#3136 5 years ago

That's what I decided on, just ordered the LED display.

#3138 5 years ago

Can some please tell me the size of the ball wire guide behind the three bank drop targets. Just noticed mine is missing and going to try to locate one if not see if another alternative guide can be possible.

Thanks

#3142 5 years ago

TFTC has to be the best DE game ever made IMHO. Now just waiting on my 4.0 update.

#3148 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Seriously re-consider - I installed both - the LED was far superior on TFTC - not saying all pins are better with LED - but TFTC is and it's plug & play with the LED....

agreed 100%, all my pins have the colorDMD lcd except TFTC which I just installed the colorDMD led and it just blows this machine out of the water. The rich colors and dot animation really gives the LED the edge over LCD for this machine plus it's just a plug and play no modifications.

#3160 5 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

And I would guess that the crypt keeper was a metal head.

No I think he was a Dead Head fan

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#3177 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Physically everything “looks” OK. The bushing is good. The flipper moves freely.

I even swapped out a known good Flipper Board and still same issue.

It appears that the upper right flipper is never getting the initial jolt of 50 volts and instead is only being fed the 9 volt holding power. The lower right flipper is totally fine.

Any more ideas?

Did you take a piece of paper and go between the contacts on the flipper switch? Do both contacts and did you change the Teflon tube in the coil?

#3186 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Probably sell the laser cut piece for around $15 shipped.

Yes

2 weeks later
#3201 5 years ago

I don't recall seeing this or asking here but is there a way to set a grace period right after the ball launch? I'm running code 4.0.

#3210 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I believe it's determined by the number of switches hit after launch. I don't think it's adjustable though.

Quoted from GRB1959:

I believe that is correct. Read posts #2103 and #2105 in this thread for the definitive answer from chadh.

Yep, thanks guys. It appears it's 4 hits of protection then anything goes lol. Thanks again

5 months later
#3346 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Hmmm... I'm always open to suggestions.

Maybe a way to add an actual ball save based on time rather then a few contact hits.

3 weeks later
#3381 4 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Has anyone done the modifications to get a Color DMD LCD to fit? Is it worth it instead of just using an LED display?

Personally I'd go with the Color DMD LED. Nothing needed to fit and has beautiful vibrant colors. Folks have had mounted the LCD version but it will require some work.

2 months later
9 months later
#3732 3 years ago

I just saw this and must have missed it during the seasons because I don't recall this at all lol.

3 weeks later
#3741 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballPerk:

Hello. Just got a really nice TFTC. LED upgrade. It looks great. We love it. Can’t wait to get good at it. One thing I do not care for is the launcher shooting the ball into the drop targets then shooting straight down. I don’t know if I am doing something wrong or if there is an adjustment I can make but it seems to hit the middle target then drain straight down the middle a lot. Neithe rflipper can even touch it. Is there something I can do to avoid this? Sorry if this has been asked before Thanks.

First thing to check is the guide wire form behind the targets or is it missing? Should be right behind targets under the plastic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=deathhimself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.