image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damadczar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3757 3 years ago

Finally just joined the club! Been looking for several years now. Different deals kept falling through, but finally got one.
Not the best condition cabinet, but the playfield and mechanics and backglass are great!

Question, my lockdown bar is a little bent and scratched up. Anyone know where to get a replacement? Is it unobtanium?
The one on marco/pbl seem to indicate it won't fit. Seems weird that they don't make a repro one.

#3761 3 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

According to the description of that item, sadly not...
"A few DE games use lockdown bar #500-5021-10. Games calling for that lockdown bar are not compatible with this lockdown bar."
- PinballLife
TFTC, BTTF, JP, and some others require lockdown bar receiver assembly 500-5020-00 .
I do not know if you could replace the original receiver with the one that fits that PBL Stern bar and then use that.
If you COULD, at $70 for the bar and $40 for the receiver you'd be in for $110 to have shiny/black new stuff.
EDIT: I do not think the new receiver has holes for the 2 pf hangers at the bottom of the pf.

Update. I spoke to Terry at PBL. His words on if the lockdown bar here (https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-black-front-molding-lockdown-bar-no-tournament-button-hole.html) would work:

"Yes, it will fit, but it is slightly different stylistically."

So there you go.

#3762 3 years ago

Does anyone have a spare djshakes air ball plastic? He said he's done with all that, and I need one since my TFTC doesn't have one.

Thanks,
Steven

#3764 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I know this might not help. The extra one I got had the measurements written on it. If you know someone with a laser cutter. Maybe you have have one made

I *do* know some folks with a laser cutter. Making sense of this chicken scratch is another issue. . It's likely just messing with my brain since it's upside down.

Appreciate you posting this.

3 weeks later
#3787 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Does anybody have airball plastics or the red plastic behind drop targets they would part with?

I'm currently reproducing about 20 of each that I plan to offer for sale shortly.

1 week later
#3789 3 years ago

Okay. Prototype art pieces fitted. Final plastics soon. Gonna make holes like 1/32 or 1/16 smaller as they are way too big.

Also, the large airball piece that was cut is similar to the original one offered. But I think it's just too big. I measured with it in place and it hangs too far out for me. So I measured where a ball would hit the drop target and am going to shave some off the end.

There is no reason for that plastic to extend that far out. I'll ensure it completely covers the ball, and that's it.

Also, I'm thinking of printing the red piece orange instead. Seems like it'd match better.

Thanks,
Steven

20201024_153913 (resized).jpg20201024_153913 (resized).jpg
#3795 3 years ago
Quoted from emarfniam:

Here is my TFTC that I purchased about 2 months ago. So far I have replaced the Tombstone motor, upgraded to LED lighting, color DMD, replaced all rubbers and added some playfield mods and fixedxthe coin door. I used to play this a lot when I was younger. I could never afford to purchase a machine until now. Being in the high risk category for COVID complications, Ive been staying at home when I'm not at work. Having this machine has made a world of difference for me. It keeps me busy and gives me something to do. Ive learned so much reading all your posts. Im saving up for another horror related theme machine. What do you think? What's the next best pinball machine to own that has a horror theme?

I love horror theme pins and cannot recommend Bram Stoker's Dracula strongly enough. It's one of my long term keeps. And once you get BSD, you should get a Creech to go with it. But if you're looking to buy newer, you can't go wrong with Monster Bash remake.

What kind of LEDs did you put in? I just recently put in 2SMD Frosted comet in my inserts, and it's just too bright. I guess I need to buy some 1SMD? Yours looks good.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#3824 3 years ago

For those of you still wanting airball plastics (and possibly the optional red plastic piece), I've opened a shop selling them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1296-mad-czar-games/04565-tales-from-the-crypt-airball-protection-plastic-mod

Thanks,
Steven

#3828 3 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Your RIP scoop hole is in really nice condition as these scoop holes are normally pretty thrashed in TFTC. You may want to install a Mantis protector to keep it in this nice condition.
https://mantispinball.com/product/tales-from-the-crypt-hole-protector/
Gord

Lol. You know, I was just thinking about that around a month ago.
Thanks for the reminder.

#3832 3 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

I went with the tilt graphics when we did a cabinet restore. Had mirror blades previously but I think this one ties in to the game better.

I really dig those black decals. I've thought about doing those instead of the blue whenever I get around to my restoration. Just looks really sharp.

#3838 3 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

My Crypt I bought a couple months ago had several cracked or broken plastics, but already had the thicker repro (long) air ball stopper and thicker red plastic. The stopper works fine (I'll likely get one of the new 'shorter' ones), but the back left point of the repro red plastic broke yesterday. The back points of the red plastic support with hex posts the back of the skill shot artwork plastic, which also rests on the bumper cap.
Obviously the back red points take a ton of hits from balls coming from below and above, and the original and repros can be broken.

This is really interesting. When I was test fitting the original red repro piece I had to work from, I also thought that the holes were too large and there wasn't enough material to enforce those smaller ends, as you are also pointing out.

So for the plastics I made up, I shrunk the hole a little in an effort to provide more stability on those back points. I'm really interested now if my efforts are going to bear fruit or if I should try to change the shape even more to provide more support. Time will tell I guess.

Great writeup of what you're doing. I wish I could think of a better non-destructive way to attach the skill shot plastic as well, but there's not much there to work with.

2 months later
#3887 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Maybe because I have seen some new pins that are factory LE powder coating but have the black door still that look dumb...
But you make a good point on Tales.

I get what you mean, but I still kinda feel like coin doors should be black. Doesn’t look weird if the cabinet artwork is darker so it blends. On games like that tmnt the art is bright. Doesn’t blend as well.

#3891 3 years ago
Quoted from MonsieurCS:

Anyone still selling the airball plastic?

Lol. I was gonna respond to you but I think I just packaged your order for shipment tomorrow.

4 weeks later
#3950 3 years ago

Been thinking about letting my TFTC go. As much as I love the artwork and theme, I tend to not want one more game anymore. Maybe the honeymoon is over? Not sure yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damadczar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=damadczar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.