image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crisuk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1965 8 years ago

Hi Chaps,

Just got around to installing the v4 ROMs, really impressed!

It has left me with 4 sets of blank ROMs I could program up for someone, if there is anyone in the UK that doesn't have the ability to program their own just let me know and we can sort something out. Postage will be cheap and the chips were one a couple of quid each on eBay. I assume I'm not breaking any forum rules if there is no charge?

Also, installed the Metal sound track onto the Pinsound board this week. I have to say, what an upgrade that is! Totally different dimension to the game! Of all the tinkering and upgrades I've done on this machine over the past 10 years, this wins hands down! It has inspired me to have a go making my own sound tracks too. Anyone else tried that?

Cheers

Cris

#1970 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Found this video though:
» YouTube video

Trust me, this video does not do this justice! I have upgraded speakers on mine, the sound quality is outstanding! You can still have the exact same Legacy sound, you can simply swap using the volume pot in the coin door. I love the sound on TFTC, one of the main reasons it's my favourite game, but this upgrade does add a whole new dimension. You can easily add your own custom tracks, I'm going to have a play with that next week.

The only trouble is the Legacy voice work is very poor in comparison. I did contact John Kassir's agent to get a ball park figure to get it re-recorded and lets just say it's way beyond the scope of possibility. If it had been reasonable I would have started a kickstarter or something to get it funded, but with the ball parks quoted there is little point I don't think!

Cheers

Cris

1 week later
#1996 8 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Also have a NOS spare playfield for it.
Not sure if it will go in the game,doesn't really need it.

If you ever want to part with that let me know. My machine certainly does need it, and I've not had any luck finding an NOS one.

Cheers

Cris

7 months later
#2211 7 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Also, does anyone here have a Pinsound board in their TFTC?
Just curious if anyone has experimented with it or has any footage of the board in use.

Yes, I have one in my machine, along with a speaker upgrade.

It sounds amazing, but the original samples used for the voice really let it down. I did approach the agent of John Kassir to see if it would be possible to get the crypt keeper voice reworked, it would have been possible but it would have cost $10k plus commission and recording fees. So I didn't take the idea further.

I really like the heavy rock feel but it's a shame it's not instrumental. I did track down the album it was all taken from but couldn't find instrumental versions and didn't get as far as experimenting with my own choices. But it looks pretty easy to do.

Cheers

Cris

4 months later
#2313 7 years ago

Anyone know if there is still stock of the full set of plastics for TFTC anywhere? I almost bought a set from Marco's the other week but got distracted by another project. Now they are out of stock.

I'm doing a playfield swap on mine, and thought I may as well swap out all the plastics while I'm at it...

Cheers

Cris

3 years later
#3810 3 years ago

If you end up needing to replace the sound board I can highly recommend a PinSound, I have one in my TFTC and it's one of my favourite mods.

For a long time there was some kind of bug with the first version of the PinSound board that prevented it working very well on Data East machines. But this has been fully resolved on the latest versions.

Cheers

Cris

11 months later
#4118 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Anyone replaced their stock shaker for a better one?

I've replaced mine with one from PinSound (you'd also need the pinsound board itself as well).

Not really impressed with it to be honest, spend quite a lot of time finding the right balance but never really got there. Either wayyyyy too much shake or not enough, as it's triggered by sound events and you can't build a sequence of events any other way I actually found it quite limiting and preferred the factory shake.

Cheers

Cris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crisuk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=crisuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.