image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#158 10 years ago

Want to see a filthy game? Fresh off route!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

Definitely dirty. Your machine?

The amusement company I work for owns it. It's the one that needs plastics.

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from renodakota:

Hey Crash I just noticed that yours has a post under the left upper flipper but is also missing the spotlight on the guillotine targets. were there multiple models of this game? Who else has a post under their flipper, mine has no signs that one was ever there.
Just curious.

It was like that when we started. Fixed it. Is there supposed to be a second spotlight above the targets?

#169 10 years ago

I will send scans of those 2 pieces soon.

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from Prosedsp:

That would be awesome, I am not sure, but after we copile all the missing pieces I will ask.

Not to mention the factory protectors. Mine are trashed.

1 week later
#204 10 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Can someone do me a favor and measure the voltage on their gi bulbs in the playfiel? Mine appear a bit dim and only measure in at around 2v not sure if that's normal or not.

Should be 6.3v. Check your backbox connectors.

#205 10 years ago

Want to see a clean game? Never on route! Sorry, too lazy to take the glass off.

I see your clean game and raise you another clean game!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#214 10 years ago

I find Data East bumpers easy to rebuild, like with the flippers. It's just 2 ring screws and 2 base screws. With Williams bumpers don't you have to struggle to make sure the yoke etc. is all lined up?

#216 10 years ago

I printed my own decals, they look great. Redrew them on my PC.

#219 10 years ago

Still not as bad as mine was.

#244 10 years ago

They were designed to light the topper. Removed from production to reduce cost.

#246 10 years ago

I don't believe they are, just prototype machines probably. It should also have the fully detailed door knocker.

2 years later
#1715 8 years ago

Holy crap, this update fixes so much it's hard to keep track of! I've been hesitant to fix the gate switch on the right ramp because of all the cackling, now with that cut down significantly and the improved "trick shot" callout looks like I have some work to do! I love the simplification of the left ramp. It used to remind me of the confusing combination of solid and blinking inserts of the Frankenstein lock. Silencing the guillotine skill shot was much needed as it gets annoying real quick if someone walks away. I appreciate the creative use of the timing as well, but ball one speed feels a bit too easy to me. That's probably my only complaint throughout the whole release. The unused callouts are by far my favorite addition.

Keep in mind that if you have important high scores or settings saved, write them down before upgrading. Not knowing this they had a tournament running on a location and didn't realize the scores would get wiped. Whoops! Fortunately the owner didn't mind this but it should be pointed out on the website.

#1716 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This is the burner I bought and it is the cheapest I've found and will serve all your burning needs.
amazon.com link »
You'll also need a UV eraser to erase your existing EPROMs if you're just re-using your existing ROMs and not buying blanks.
ebay.com link
They pay for themselves if you frequently buy or trade pins and need to upgrade ROMs since it's an average of $15-$20 to buy ROMs from someone.
I just wiped my existing ROMs and burned the new code to them, so you just need an eraser instead of buying blanks.

These are the exact things I use. Both work great. Compatibility and ease of use with the MiniPro is fantastic. I would strongly recommend it to anyone as finding a USB burner that doesn't drop out or corrupt ROMs is difficult these days. Works without problems with Windows 7 and the software automatically loads preconfigured criteria for pretty much any EPROM under the sun. Couldn't be happier!

The UV light box works, but the timer hardly moves. I suppose it runs on Chinese minutes. The chips usually blank within 10 minutes and that's all that matters really. Just be sure to scrape off any label residue or the light won't reach the window sufficiently.

1 week later
#1735 8 years ago

Were the pointers for these sounds present in the ROMs or did you have to map them manually? I assume yes since the sound ROMs were not updated.

#1753 8 years ago

Wow, I never noticed that! Did you mention it in your change log? What sound plays during this animation?

#1760 8 years ago

Just played the new Skull Crackin' mode and like the direction you went with in making it a hybrid 2-ball mode. For anyone unfamiliar when you start the mode you now get two balls up front, but it's not 2-ball play in the traditional sense of the word. Meaning if you drain one ball the mode will continue and you still have the chance to hit the captive ball within the time limit and add a ball, bringing you back to two ball, three ball, etc. However, if you manage to hit the captive ball at all, then the mode rules change. Now the timer is stopped and if you drain and are left with one, the mode will end. In a nutshell the mode turns into a proper multiball mode with no timer if you make the shot. Very creative!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1767 8 years ago

I already brought up Hook as a suggestion and I think he's still trying to find one. There's so much that can be improved upon in that game. It's so shallow and unbalanced and because of that it gets a bad rap, but it's a great shooter's game!

#1769 8 years ago

Shouldn't be hard to find one cheap I wouldn't think. It doesn't have a lot of staying power.

#1771 8 years ago

I'm sure DreamTR of Nashville could sell his. Not sure how far he is willing to ship though.

1 month later
#1843 8 years ago

If anyone wants target decal image files PM me. Did some prints for myself and they turned out super nice.

Untitled.pngUntitled.png

5 months later
#2082 7 years ago

Does anyone have a suggestion for reinforcing the left spotlight? It sits on a tall hex post that just attaches to that small triangular guillotine plastic. One smack of the ball and there goes the plastic (again). It's going on location and can't have air balls ruining my new set.

#2084 7 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

How often do you have air balls? My flippers are STRONG (almost too strong) and nearly every hit of the drop targets makes it fly. I'm very concerned about plastics and the PF taking the brunt of the ball. Was thinking of reducing the flipper power slightly, but if this is the way this game goes regardless of what you do, then so be it.

Not sure. Haven't played it since I rebuilt the flippers and still working on assembly. Just happened to notice that fragile connection. I really should try to mount that spotlight to a different post I suppose, but don't see one nearby that would be fitting.

#2086 7 years ago

This spotlight post is what I'm talking about.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2095 7 years ago

By Christopher Lovell, an 80s inspired horror artist. Looks like someone purchased a print and made a bootleg translite out of it. His pieces have a signature and a ™ beside the logo. This one has neither, and I can't find any connection between Chris and pinball.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2097 7 years ago

It's the only one I see.

#2106 7 years ago

That happens from time to time, occasionally 2 or 3 times in a row. What did you adjust, the shooter solenoid angle?

#2114 7 years ago

Just finished putting my game together. I remade 3 plastics and was lucky to find the rest that needed replacing. I also installed Titan silicone rings everywhere, this game plays mean now! I think it plays faster than it ever has even when new. I'll have to make sure I keep the airballs under control. Looks sharp with the colored post sleeves!

#2117 7 years ago

I'm aware of that, we can't afford those.

#2122 7 years ago

Is anyone getting a switch #61 notification in playfield status? Says it's not used, but I don't see that switch closed in the active switch test.

1 week later
#2127 7 years ago

TFTC gameplay video on newly shopped machine. I usually do better but straggling the camera is difficult! Watch in 1080p 60fps.

#2128 7 years ago

And a close-up video!

#2134 7 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Hey guys, quick question if anyone has any insight on this. When I first turn on my TFTC, the keeper goes "no pay", but doesn't really finish the word pay. I think he's supposed to say "no payem no gayem", right?
Anyone else have this issue or know what's causing this to not fully say the line?

The sound board plays a callout upon power-up. Every game does this. This callout plays until the CPU board boots and tells the sound board to shut up. This is normal and indicates your CPU board is booting quickly, which is good.

#2136 7 years ago

Check 5v test point on power supply. See what you get turning it on cold.

7 months later
#2279 7 years ago
1 week later
#2289 7 years ago

PIN2DMD LED display!

#2291 7 years ago

They are, camera doesn't do it justice. It really pops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.