Topic Stats

• 3,570 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Sonic
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,092 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191110_065836 (resized).jpg
20191110_065854 (resized).jpg
tftc final 047 (resized).JPG
tftc final 046 (resized).JPG
tftc final 044 (resized).JPG
tftc final 038 (resized).JPG
tftc final 042 (resized).JPG
tftc final 030 (resized).JPG
tftc final 026 (resized).JPG
tftc final 027 (resized).JPG
tftc final 025 (resized).JPG
tftc final 024 (resized).JPG
tftc final 020 (resized).JPG
tftc final 023 (resized).JPG
tftc final 016 (resized).JPG
tftc final 013 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider classicgamefan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 6 years ago

Just picked up a TFTC tonight. It's a beater (like all of my pins), but plays well and the price was right (I think, it's still the most I've paid for a pin). Somehow, I now have 3 of the 4 pins that Data East manufactured in 1993. And those are my only pins. I guess I'll have to get Jurrasic Park at some point for completeness.

The bad and weird (at least some of it):

• Missing shaker motor
  • All of the removable plastics were cleaned with something that took off almost all of the color. I basically have a clear plastic set with some black lines. I noticed at least a few broken plastics.
  • Microswitch bracket is broken off right ramp flap
  • The bottom of cab was replaced at some point. Probably water damage, but the sides don't seem bad (lots of wear, but no swelling).
  • Door handle is there, but standard switch lever is gone. A switch was inserted into the top of the keeper's head. Functional and decent job, but ugly.
  • Williams flipper bats instead of Data East
  • No topper
  • The rubbers around the captive ball appear to be some sort of automotive tubing

There are lots of other standard problems like the scoop wear. The playfield appears to be in decent shape. Wire forms /habit rails are also good. I'm looking forward to becoming active in the club, but I have a few other projects to finish before I jump into TFTC fully.

Oh yeah, it also appears to be a re-import from China (?). I didn't know DE even exported to China (especially 20 years ago). Since my LAH is from Canada and my R&B is from Belgium, I guess I'll have to find a JP from South America, Australia, or Africa to keep my collection separated.

Regards,
Jon

1 week later
#142 6 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Got the black light mod installed in to my TFTC. The pics are meh, but it gives the basic idea...

Awesome! I love how this looks with the black light.

I wonder if we can get CPR to include some black light active highlights if/when they repro the plastics.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

I would be happy enough to have CPR simply release the plastics. The last thing I would want to see is them delay the release, even further that is...lol.
Plus, I think it might be overkill, as there is a good bit of the blacklight responsive art on the PF. I only showed close up of one section, just so everyone could get an idea. Even the shooter lane has the jesponsive art in it.
Also, the BL a also lets some of the plastics look like they are glowing, which is also pretty neat!

Sounds reasonable. I withdraw my speculative request.

#154 6 years ago

Double post removed.

Post edited by classicgamefan : Double post.

2 months later
#429 6 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

They're coming in 2-3 weeks.
KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

Fantastic! Thank you Kevin!

1 month later
#594 5 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Does anyone know of a TFTC on location, so that anyone who doesn't have a TFTC in his/her home collection can go and check out and enjoy? I have yet to see one in the wild.

When I went to the Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham, NH about 1.5 years ago they had a TFTC out. Their web site still shows it. Definitely worth a trip if you are in the area (an hour or so from Boston), but you might want to call to confirm opening hours and if the game is on the floor.

http://www.pinballwizardarcade.com/

5 months later
#935 5 years ago

FYI - I just started a post about enabling and using the undocumented sound test in TFTC (and at least one other DE game):

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-sound-test-easter-egg-various-games

4 years later
#3123 1 year ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Yeah the music never stops. We have a long way to go to get this machine working as intended but that is the #1 complaint right now. If I could get that figured out I would be a very happy camper. I'll most likely be working on the machine again next week so if anyone comes up with any idea let me know. The help is greatly appreciated.

As far as I can recall, the music commands are mostly between 01 and 20-something (out of 0 to 255, or 00 to FF In hexadecimal). If you have a bad ribbon cable to the sound board, then it could conceivably cause this. There are 8 data lines. Let's say that D0 through D3 were good (or some portion of them) and D4 through D7 were open (I don't recall how the schematics identify the data lines). In that case, only commands 0 through 15 would be received and only music would play.

FYI - TFTC may be one of the games that you have to put in "home" mode (in Settings) to get the full sound command test mode in Diagnostics.

Another possibility is the PIA 6821 that drives these data lines is bad.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 15.00
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
4,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider classicgamefan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside