Just picked up a TFTC tonight. It's a beater (like all of my pins), but plays well and the price was right (I think, it's still the most I've paid for a pin). Somehow, I now have 3 of the 4 pins that Data East manufactured in 1993. And those are my only pins. I guess I'll have to get Jurrasic Park at some point for completeness.
The bad and weird (at least some of it):
- Missing shaker motor
- All of the removable plastics were cleaned with something that took off almost all of the color. I basically have a clear plastic set with some black lines. I noticed at least a few broken plastics.
- Microswitch bracket is broken off right ramp flap
- The bottom of cab was replaced at some point. Probably water damage, but the sides don't seem bad (lots of wear, but no swelling).
- Door handle is there, but standard switch lever is gone. A switch was inserted into the top of the keeper's head. Functional and decent job, but ugly.
- Williams flipper bats instead of Data East
- No topper
- The rubbers around the captive ball appear to be some sort of automotive tubing
There are lots of other standard problems like the scoop wear. The playfield appears to be in decent shape. Wire forms /habit rails are also good. I'm looking forward to becoming active in the club, but I have a few other projects to finish before I jump into TFTC fully.
Oh yeah, it also appears to be a re-import from China (?). I didn't know DE even exported to China (especially 20 years ago). Since my LAH is from Canada and my R&B is from Belgium, I guess I'll have to find a JP from South America, Australia, or Africa to keep my collection separated.