image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1711 8 years ago

Do you need the actual manual? The PDF file is available online. I can email it to you if you need it.

4 weeks later
#1792 8 years ago

I've been enjoying the new code. Thanks again for doing this! Real quick TFTC question for everyone, what do the majority of you use for your post sleeves? I ordered a kit off of eBay and replaced all of the rubbers throughout he playfield and hate the post sleeves now when I'm trying to hit the ramps. Does anyone use the Cliffy plastic sleeves or others and have any thoughts? Shoot me a message to keep the forum on topic if you can. Thanks in advance.

2 months later
#1880 8 years ago

Yes, the FREEZE ball save(where he shoots himself) is still in the game on the new roms.

2 weeks later
#1910 8 years ago

I'm having this issue as well and had bookmarked an old post by Russ Myers to tackle it. Looks like you got the right kit. Here are his tips:

"Mark (Band;No-Band) the wires on the VUK coil and de-solder.
Unscrew the 4 screws and pull the entire VUK assy out.
Buy the DE VUK rebuild kit from Marco (or elsewhere if you can find it)
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/565-0029-01
Vertical Up Kicker (VUK) Component Kit
#565-0029-01
Vertical Up Kicker (VUK) repair kit contains plunger, cup, spring, spring clip and roll pin.
Contains the following components:
545-5227-00 plastic cup
515-5352-00 plunger
266-5025-00 spring
270-5010-00 compression ring
251-5004-00 roll pin
Replace everything in the kit (it's only 18 bucks) and re-install
Make sure the sliding "mushroom" cap moves very freely up and down and is activating the arm of the microswitch properly. The mounting screws on the side of the assy have oval holes so you can adjust the angle a bit until it works smoothly every time. The hardest part is taking everything off (those spring bands are a PITA) and re-assembling in the correct order. Watch for the tapered spring under the mushroom cap - it has to go in the right way or it will jam.
The cap that catches the ball is supposed to slide smoothly down and activate the switch so the game knows the ball is there, but the parts wear and get wonky. I put the VUK rebuilds into most of the DE VUKs - it's just best for longevity.
The B/W design with a simple piston and an opto switch is superior, as is the later Sega/Stern Y-fork and piston.
RussMyers"

3 months later
#2077 7 years ago

I can't remember from when I played it at Allentown. Your machine has the original code? Not that it has anything to do with your issues, just trying to see what you are running when you start it up.

2 years later
#2955 5 years ago

Since I can't post in his original thread, I wanted to post why I love this community. I ended up selling my NOS TFTC a playfield to Sean, username TheHueManatee, after lots of internal debate. Did I really need it, when mine in my game was in really nice shape? Did I want to take the dive of shipping internationally? Answer finally was why not take the chance and help out a fellow pinsider, rather than hoard a playfield.

Anyways, the transaction had lots of challenges but we had great communication throughout and made it work even with some transit issues. I ended up being hospitalized before Sean received his playfield for a severe blood clot/pulmonary embolism. I was in the hospital for 2 straight weeks and it was a pretty depressing and lonely time for me. During that time, Sean emailed every few days and checked in with me trying to cheer me up. He also went out of his way to send a care package of Canadian food/snacks to share with the family. I've never seen my 5 kids so excited about food. He had no obligation to do anything once the transaction was over. I think it just really shows another example of how great people in this hobby are and I like to think that I have a new distant friend for life. Sorry to take up so much real estate in the thread but I wanted to express my gratitude now that I'm out of the hospital.

IMG_0842 (resized).JPGIMG_0842 (resized).JPG
#2984 5 years ago

CPR has the complete TFTC plastic set available again on their website, as of their announcement last week.

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Looks like there's a full set of TFTC plastics for sale on eBay...just posting here to share for anyone who may be interested.
Edit: looks like they are used.
ebay.com link

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Laguna Niguel, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=capinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.