image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brad808.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#185 10 years ago

made a gameplay video if anyone is interested in watching. I know it's not the best quality but figure it might be useful for someone.

#192 10 years ago

Can someone do me a favor and measure the voltage on their gi bulbs in the playfiel? Mine appear a bit dim and only measure in at around 2v not sure if that's normal or not.

2 weeks later
#308 10 years ago

Do you have pictures of the actual black light you installed and location? I ordered some led strips and I'm waiting to get them in. It would be nice to see what you've done.

#318 10 years ago

Thanks, that's what I plan on doing. Do the leds look really out of place when the lights (room lights) are on though? I was thinking of maybe making a little lip (small L shaped bracket thing) for them to sit under and hopefully hide a bit. Not sure how I'm going to tackle that yet just an idea at this point.

#363 10 years ago

The second picture is just a ball stop so it doesn't get jammed there, I also had that question.

3 weeks later
#432 10 years ago

Any chance the repro plastics will be blacklight sensitive like the original?

3 weeks later
#555 10 years ago

Mine can backhand the right from a caught ball but not the left. I also have the coils up as hard as they can go

9 months later
#1039 9 years ago

You will lose out on points by disconnecting switches. It can add up when you are in a mode awarding 1 million points per switch.

#1047 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Has anyone ever heard the Cryptkeeper say "put a little meat on your bonus" when you increase your bonus multiplier? Or any other time in general?

I've had my game for a couple years now and never heard that any time. I'm on latest rom revision.

#1076 9 years ago

I actually started my response hours ago but didn't get to finish posting it until now but a lot of what is posted above I agree with.

There are a few changes in my eyes that would take a great game up to epic game.

1) Get rid of the gimme multiball. It's an option in the menu and it doesn't work, that's a bug. This to me is the biggest fault in the game.

2) Skull crackin needs to be reworked somehow. Right now I time it out because it's high risk low reward. It would be nice if you could at least relight the scoop during this mode via spinners even if you can't start a new mode.

3) Captive ball in general needs to be tweaked. Right now it's a pointless shot considering risk vs reward.

3) Skill shot sucks. Somehow needs to be reworked into something better. Not sure how but something.

4) I feel the jackpots for multiball are slightly too high. It may just be because of the whole gimme multiball thing but as they sit now they trump most things for scoring.

5) The right ramp modes should end at play the organ not loop back to living dead until the mode is started. What happened is I had play the organ flashing and ready to go, ended up going up the left ramp enough times to light the next mode on the right ramp and it ended up skipping over play the organ back to living dead. When I got up the right ramp I didn't get my play the organ. It's so hard to get anyway.

#1080 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Very cool idea guys!
I like the one of 3 skill shots starts a mode.
A flashing insert for the ball save would be nice too!
the right ramp modes definitely need work.
I think Ive gotta to grave digger once!
2 balls in the captive ball holder makes the shot work better I find.

Yes a flashing light on the "extra ball" for the ball save would be awesome. Right now it's total guess work.

One other thing I thought about is the tilt warnings option in the adjustment. Currently there is an option for 1 warning or 3 warnings but no option for 2 warnings.

#1082 9 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I have a couple questions about the rules, I figure you folks are the best to ask.
First, how does multiball start?
I thought it was just hit the tombstone 5 times, then sink the ball behind the tombstone. Is there something that spots c-r-y-p-t letters? Does it spot all c-r-y-p-t letters on the second ball? I changed the "Multiball Ready" adjustment to hard and didn't notice a change.
Second, how long does the ball save last?
I understand that there is no light insert that conveys that information (it'd be nice if the Cryptkeeper's eyes stayed lit until it runs out, but alas, that is not the case).
Third, this is a general question not related to TFTC specifically, in the Audits menu, when does the "total plays" reset? Does it happen with a Factory Restore? Battery removal?

The multiball adjustment doesn't work in the menu. At ball 2 it adds all but one letter to crypt, at ball 3 it opens up the crypt or the middle spinner to start multiball. That's what I said above is broken, it's a gimme multiball. After the first multiball it can only be started by the crypt and not the middle spinner.

#1099 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Wait, because I'm honestly curious, why do you (or for that matter, anyone) like Door Prize? Unless I'm mistaken, you pick a random door and have a 33% shot that you get nothing, and a 66% shot that you get something random between 5M and 20M. Rinse and repeat three times.
So, theoretically, based wholly on luck, someone could obtain 60M, and another player could get 0 making the exact same choices?
I HATE it, and to me the way to fix it is when you get there you open the door up and it shows the dude hanging every time and gives you XXM points every time, the exact same. I hate the complete luck.

I used to feel this way about JP, and then someone pointed this out to me, and now I feel the same about TFTC...
You know before the game that jackpots in multiball are worth the most points, and everything else just builds toward that. You need to play a good multiball to score the best on TFTC, no matter what. If you don't, then you didn't actually have a good game.
For JP, I had the same feeling and told a really good player that it drove me nuts that I could have a 6 minute game and score 200M on JP, and a 2 minute game, hit a couple Jackpots right and have a 400M game, when clearly the 6 minute game was better. He said that clearly the 2 minute game was better because I knew going in that multiball held all the points, and since I couldn't execute it right the other game, I didn't do as well.
It honestly hasn't bothered me since.

I can agree with that to a certain point. If someone is already reworking the code though then I say we try and get as tight and balanced as possible. The more balanced the game the more fun it is. Tftc isn't terribly unbalanced in my eyes. Some games are so unbalanced that you end up not playing half of the game. Think about STTNG with the holodeck mode, zero risk insanely high reward and because of that you would never choose launch probe or flipper skill shot when you launch a ball. Even though those modes are way more fun than banging out a repeatable pattern you can't choose them because the scoring is so off. In the end you lose out on half the fun of the game because it's not worth playing any of it. Like I said tftc isn't terrible but there is no way in my eyes that the monster jackpot is more challenging than say getting to play the organ and hitting a minimum of 100 switches in 15 seconds, yet that is how much the monster jackpot is worth. So at that point your option is to only focus on getting the multiball and disregarding the rest of the modes of the game. For that matter getting to the crypt jam you are only likely to score somewhere between 75-125 million. Monster jackpot is much easier to get than going through all the modes for the same amount of points. I'm not saying I get the monster jackpot that much but when I do it definitely doesn't feel like I earned 100 million points compared to how the rest of the game scores. I especially don't feel like I've earned it with the multiball essentially being given to me. If I earned the multiball legitimately then it might seem more appropriate.

On a side note to all of this I always thought it would be cool for home ROM versions of games to have adjustable values for scoring. Don't think the captive ball scores high enough? Well you can adjust it in the menu via a slider. I realize that every version of the game would be different so people wouldn't be able to compare scores but to be honest I don't really care what anyone else's scores are I just want the games to seem fun to me.

#1101 9 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

I think if at least you had to get the double jackpot to move on to the CRYPT stage that would make more sense, instead of just having to hit the left ramp twice.

As it sits now to get the monster jackpot you have to start multiball, hit left ramp for jackpot, hit right ramp for double, then spell out crypt and shoot inside.

If you are spelling out crypt after hitting the left twice without hitting the right then maybe there is a switch issue.

#1103 9 years ago

Without looking at it there is something that happens with the right ramp going into the left because of the trick shot where it goes part way up the right ramp and then falls down into what would normally be for the left ramp. I would just check all the switches on both ramps. I suppose it's possible too that in multiball if one ball is going out the left ramp and another ball hits the start of the right ramp the machine may think a trick shot was made and activate the double jackpot? If that is the case then maybe that is something else that could be rewritten to only allow double jackpots on full right ramp shots?

#1105 9 years ago

I was thinking about this more and maybe it's possible that the left ramp has made enough shots to advance the right ramp that it would award a double? Hmm will have to do some testing sometime.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1117 9 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Wait you can get an extra ball in door prize mode? I thought the only way to get an extra ball was by lighting in up in the middle as one of the 12 tasks. Always curious to all the ways to achieve an extra ball on TFTC

If you make it past the 3rd door you get an extra ball. There is also an extra ball available in the captive ball with enough hits (never personally got this one but have tested it manually to see).

#1120 9 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Thanks must be in my settings menu maybe bec I have made it through at least 5 doors to my memory and only get points.

Sorry I should add too that it doesn't actually award the extra ball until the mode is over. So if you make it to 5 doors and then lose the mode it's at that time it'll show you the extra ball animation. You should get it once you've cleared at least 3 doors though.

#1142 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Dumb question: batteries have the zip tie around them. How do I replace them>?
If I cut zip tie, will battery pack come loose?

Cut the zip tie and remove the batteries. Remote mount a battery pack in the backbox and solder it where the old battery pack was located on the board. When batteries leak (not if but when) then they cause a lot of damage to the boards. There are lots of instructions online with pictures if you want lots of details.

2 weeks later
#1243 9 years ago

Don't worry there is no way mine will reach either.

2 weeks later
#1318 9 years ago

To be honest I'm not sure there needs to be more incentive to hit the left ramp during regular play. Not everything needs to be a jackpot all the time. There are times during the game when the left ramp is the most important shot in the game and times when it's not worth shooting at all. At the times it isn't worth shooting (regular play) there are other priority shots you should be going for. It's a challenge to hit the right ramp and it should be because those modes score so highly. If you can loop the left ramp to right flipper continuously (easy shot) then you can get a small reward and advance the right ramp value. The only thing in my mind that needs to be changed with the ramp system is after you have play the organ lit on the right then the left ramp shouldn't allow you to skip back to the first frenzy mode until play the organ has been run. Currently you can work all the way up to play the organ and miss your opportunity to play it by hitting too many left ramp shots.

#1324 9 years ago

If it drains twice sdtm hold the right flipper for the 3rd and it'll bounce off the top right flipper to the bottom left flipper. It'll only auto save twice.

2 weeks later
#1368 9 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I just hope he's cool enough to make the multiball animation skipable and pause (or reset) the mode timer until multiball starts.
Also, does anyone know exactly how the door prize mode works? My understanding is that there are technically 6 levels but I can usually only get to the third one. I think I've gotten to the fourth a couple times, but not very many considering the number of games I've played on it. Is there always a 1/3 chance of getting the right door? Is it always possible to get through all the doors?
It would be nice to have the option to turn off the door prize "game" and just be awarded a quick 25 million or something (it would fit with the name of the mode). Or change it to an actual mode kind of like the skill shot. It could move fast between the guillotine targets and slow down as it decreases in points (werewolf style).
I also feel like the right ramp should be worth more than the left in Thunderstorm mode.
Electric chair: 2M X # of balls-in-play
Eyeball targets: it would be nice if they did something different from the guillotine targets. Clearing one side could light the cryptkicker, then lighting the second set before the cryptkicker has been used could light it for 3 crypt kicks. Although that might be a bit much. Either way, I want a reason to poke those eyeballs.

I agree with all that except the eye targets. I especially like the electric chair idea to give more incentive to keep as many balls as possible in play.

1 month later
#1424 9 years ago

I just thought it was my room but I have wood under my back legs to get the pitch right.

1 month later
#1502 9 years ago

I just got the monster jackpot again tonight. Amazingly fun game. The key to both the crypt and the scoop is the upper flipper. You have to get good at bounce passing from the lower right to the left flipper and get good at hitting the middle spinner to VUK. Once it pops out nail either the scoop or tomb. Just two modes away from Crypt Jam tonight..grrr... I guess that's what keeps me coming back though .

#1506 9 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Agreed, you pretty much have to abandon everything else, and just focus on center scoop. I had the game a year and got it once.

I've gotten it a few times now over maybe 2 years and you are correct, only ever shoot for the right orbit and the scoop. Even doing that it's still tough. Right orbit is the best way to light modes because it'll light creature feature regardless of if it's on left or right spinner and any missed shots to the right orbit might go up the right ramp which is much more valuable than left ramp.

5 months later
#1643 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Has anyone ever had success with looping the Right Loop shot? You get a bigger and bigger bonus the more you can do it. Let me know your experience with this one.

I love that shot, it's challenging and satisfying. That being said it isn't worth shooting for points wise. After 2 or 3 orbits the points should be going up drastically in my opinion .

#1646 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

That's cool. How do you do it? Are you just hitting the ball on the fly? Or do you make the loop shoot, then catch it on the left flipper, pause, then shoot again, and repeat?

It's always been on the fly

2 months later
#1714 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Curious to hear more feedback from those who have patched their game to version 4.00.

I'm sure more feedback will be coming in a week or two. A lot of people (like myself) probably had to get the roms burned and shipped to them.

1 week later
#1731 8 years ago

Just got my ROMs in last night. I played around 5 games so far with the new code. I'll reserve my final judgment until I spend more time with it but my initial impressions are that it's awesome. All the changes make sense and the call outs are wicked. Thanks again Chad, amazing work!

1 week later
#1773 8 years ago

OK I said I would reserve my judgement until I had more time with the game. I was able to get another 20+ games on it, made it to crypt jam, and got to explore the new changes a bit more. My initial impressions were right, the new code is awesome. I love how much more complete the game is when all modes are worth playing and fine tuned. The call-outs are much better matched with the game now and the extras are a nice bonus too.

Skull-crackin mode is really well done, it makes so much more sense. I have to say that keeper target mode, thunderstorm mode and skull crackin are vastly improved overall. In the old code I would avoid playing thunderstorm basically by ignoring it when it was running and just continue on lighting creature features. It just simply wasn't worth the risk. Now when you light creature features via the spinner all the sudden your prize for hitting the ramp increases and makes it that much more temping to shoot for. Even if you want to bypass it greed sucks you in and makes you go for that jackpot, genious! I do still find myself avoiding the psycho pops and frightmare mode for some reason. Not sure if it's just out of habbit and it may change over time. The rest of the modes are now perfect in my eyes. All worth playing point wise, all fun, and all challenging.

As for the ramps it definitely took a few games to get used to the changes. I was so used to immediately shooting for the right ramp at the start of electric chair and skull crackin modes to get frenzies running. After I got the hang of them I can appreciate the changes that were made. The new ramp rules keep the spirit of the old rules but make them more balanced and even for the shots.

All the bug fixes are a no brainer huge improvement (think multiball).

Now since you asked for feedback then I'm assuming you want both sides and I wouldn't feel I was doing my job if I didn't add at least a couple of things which could still be improved. If there is ever a version 5.0 (please don't take this as me complaining...just a big IF) then there are still two things which would be awesome. The first one is the shoot again light flashing while the ball save is on. It's always been a big secret whether or not the ball freeze is on and you can't really "play the ball save". I know this was mentioned before the release of 4.0 so it may not be possible or it may have simply been overlooked. The other is the skill shot. I know it's been changed a bit and it's definitely better but it still isn't exciting or really that good compared to other games. It's always been a weak aspect of this game. I do have an idea though, not sure how good it is but I came up with it while playing tonight. Ball pops into the shooter lane, you launch it and most likely hit one target down and the ball falls down towards the flippers (up until now no points are scored), now the other two remaining targets alternate flashing and you have to hit the lit one down using the flippers. If on the launch you hit two targets down then there is just one flashing target to knock down with the flipper (ie making it easier).If the launch doesn't knock any down then there are 3 alternating (making it harder - basically just how it is now). Now obviously it couldn't register the first switch closure because the ball could roll through the inline after the launch so it would need something like after knocking down the launch target: knocking down the lit drop target within the first drop target hit or first 3 "other" switch hits scores a skill shot. A super skillshot could even be added by doing an orbit followed by knocking the lit target down. There may be flaws in my logic I just thought of it a few minutes ago and thought I'd share. I also have literally no clue about how hard stuff like that is to change.

Really appreciate all the effort you guys have put into this.

6 months later
#2081 7 years ago

Sounds like a switch matrix issue to me.

1 month later
#2146 7 years ago

Speaker upgrade isn't really worth it for this title. The sound quality of the samples is terrible to begin with. Nothing that can really be done about that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brad808.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=brad808 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.