image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2222 7 years ago

Scgore another member for the fang club!
I have to say I am super excited to be a part of this forum and group! Since I was young, I always wanted a solid state machine. One of my first memories of pinball was playing Adam's Family at the local video store and hitting a multiball. Before my chopping spree started, I researched all of the most underrated pins so I could pick something up that would be fun at a reasonable price. TFTC popped up which began my journey.This is my first pin and I have to say its been an adventure so far.
I picked up my TFTC in September 2016 from another pinsider in Canada, which came from another pinsider before that. From my research this pin was literally brought back the dead and has seen some stuff in its day.
I wanted to take some super professional photos but never got around to it. So - alas I decided to snap a few last night so showcase "the process" and the disorganized chaos that I am kind of enjoying right now =)
The good:
-has Chad's rom
-no batteries
-great powder coating, unique style
-I love the game and I am super impressed. Now I have to convince the wife to get a second machine ( she said if I sell my motorcycle I can get another one )
-no major issues/problems
-tonnes of fun to play:
-clear coated play field (not sure if this is common)
-fun project, guests love the machine!
The not so good:
-the vertical up kicker on the back right scoop/hole has some problem sensing that the ball is there. Probably about 50% of the time. I need to play with the switch a bit but the work around is a little wiggle of the machine and it kicks it up almost every time.
-the pop bumpers seem a little weak and don't fire as often as I think they should.
-one or two LED's are no longer working.
-The double sided tape on the cliffy seemed to have loosened causing it to stick up. (see pic). I didn't think much of at the time. It caused the shots to be a bit more difficult but didn't notice too much. I ordered a new Cliffy from Cliff himself. I have to say he was awesome to communicate with and a great member on this community. I have been prepping the playfield for that, the crypt hole seems to have undergone some type of repair (See pic) If you are still reading, any ideas what was used on it?
-With the original cliffy, I believe the balls hitting the lip, the balls have quite a few nicks and scratches.
-After about a month using the machine, when the lights were on I started to notice some scratches/lines in the playfield. This is when I started the whole effort to disassemble the playfield and start some novus work. I quickly realized that the scratch problem was pretty bad after wiping with novus 1 seemed to reveal more scratches. (See pics). I have been hand polishing with various amounts of novus 2 and 3 with little results. The magic eraser and ISP alcohol took a good number on the scratches but I feel like it is too abrasive. I have read up a lot on this and I have since purchased a drill polishing kit and I plan to polish the heck out of it with Novus 2. I snapped some photos of the fine scratches. These are not normal scratches right? I have only had the machine for 2 months. Although I think its had a lot of plays (I'll check the diagnostics once its back together). I am pretty confident I can get the playfield to an acceptable level and then follow up with a good waxing.
If you have any opinions or recommendation on what you have seen, I would be happy to get some advice from some veterans. Also if you have any extra TFTC parts/accessories you are willing to ship to Canada for the right price, let me know

2016-11-21_00-14-18_104 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-14-18_104 (resized).jpeg2016-11-17_22-20-09_960 (resized).jpeg2016-11-17_22-20-09_960 (resized).jpeg2016-11-17_22-20-28_835 (resized).jpeg2016-11-17_22-20-28_835 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-15_340 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-15_340 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-19_370 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-19_370 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-32_350 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-32_350 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-46_567 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-46_567 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-56_799 (resized).jpeg2016-11-21_00-13-56_799 (resized).jpeg

Added over 7 years ago: Just wanted to provide a quick update on some of the fixes:

-Fixed right super vuk with silicon lube as the plastic ball holder was sticking.
-Cleaned pop bumper switch with business card and alcohol. Work better now but could use new ones
-The area under the cliffy isn't level so the new cliffy I got is doing the same thing. Took it off and I'm using vinyl adhesive and gorilla tape to protect.
-Playfield Scratches resolves with buying a drill buffer and buffing with Novus 2, followed by Meguiars Scratch X 2.0. 2 coats of Wax

Machine plays great now!

#2224 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

My vertical up kick cherry switch has been hit and miss ... Pulled it out and it's a DA3... Looking it up its a Capcom switch . Ok to use a DB3 it the up kicker back right of playfield

Thanks for the detail, I haven't adventured to the very back of the underside of the playfield yet. If you want to get the PFto stand up as high as it will go, what angle should I expect it to be in relation to the box/guide rails? Should the PF stand up almost 90 degrees near the back of the PF, or is it more of a 110 angle with the back closer to the front?

2 weeks later
#2240 7 years ago

Hey everyone, so I have been having the no pay'm no game reset error for the last couple of days. I tried the basic stuff in the past threads (re seating and straightening the ribbon cables, reseating other plugs). But its still happening.
What are the next steps to troubleshoot/test this further?
Also (see pics)
- Soundboard -should the w6 jumper/connected be hooked up? I noticed it wasnt connected and I dont see any solder. What is your machine like
-same question for w5 (see pic)
-on the main board, between two chips it looks like there was some type of burn. Can you help me with that? Any idea what that is.
Also, I am a complete noob when it comes to this stuff but I'm learning as i go
Finally... PSA - don't leave your pin unattended with nosey cats. I left the coin door open for literally 30 seconds and I had an unexpected visitor!
IMG_5595 (resized).JPGIMG_5595 (resized).JPG
IMG_5596 (resized).JPGIMG_5596 (resized).JPG
IMG_5597 (resized).JPGIMG_5597 (resized).JPG
IMG_5576 (resized).JPGIMG_5576 (resized).JPG
IMG_5593 (resized).JPGIMG_5593 (resized).JPG

Added over 7 years ago: NO pay'm no game reset error was resolved by re-seating all of the power cables on the power supply board. I ordered new cables but haven't had the need to replace them.

The proper wiring for the game is jumpers 1-4-7.

The picture of the fried board is likely a not-so-great trace repair. It's not affecting the game as far as I can tell.

3 weeks later
#2255 7 years ago

Lol, sevenrights.. I agree! so on occasion good powerful shots to the middle spinner will hop out before sinking under and over into the right orbit. Pretty frustrating when you are going for the multiball or extra ball. I was thinking about covering the area with clear plastic or something . Any one have similar thoughts? Also.. just general mods to smooth out gameplay. I added a bunch of layers of electrical tape on top of my tombstone because the ball would get stuck on top of it when it's down.

Mods like that.

IMG_5771 (resized).JPGIMG_5771 (resized).JPG

#2257 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Yikes... Your flippers must be supercharged! I've never experienced an issue with the ball hopping out of there. Maybe some thin foam tape on the metal guide rail just past the spinner as it loops around to the hole will help deaden it and get it to drop in easier?

Haha - this only started happening after 2 coats of wax! Good suggestion with the foam. Thanks!

Quoted from sevenrites:

The height of the top of the tombstone can be adjusted, mine needs to raise a hair itself because a very slow rolling ball will get caught there from time to time. I just haven't gone in and made the adjustment yet.

I didn't know this. I will try that. Thanks again.

One of my guillotine targets snapped last week so I will be trying some thicker foam on the back of that. I also lubed the spinners with silicone and they are working insanely good.

#2261 7 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

My spinners occasionally stick when the ball tries to fly through. What I mean is, the spinner will stop on a half spin and sort of block the ball from traveling through it, and make it come back down the lane. It's something I see on even some newer pins, so maybe it's just the natural way spinners work, sometimes they spin and sometimes they stop, but is this what you're referencing fixing when adding the silicone lube?

I'm not sure if I have seen that. There are times when your shot ins't fully aligned and it will rattle through, slow down, and come back out. I will take a close look when that happens. But that still happens after the lube.

The spinners were just slow and I never could complete Frightmare. As soon as I was finished lube, it takes 1-2 full orbits or 2-3 spinner shots.

#2263 7 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Gotcha, so you're lubing to help increase spins to finish Frightmare. Makes sense. Frightmare is one of the toughest to complete, I think that and Psycho Pops are the two hardest to complete. I'll have to give mine a little lube too.

Do it, you wont regret it. With about 1500 plays ive only seen Psycho pops complete probably 5 times TOPS. Cleaning the contacts with a business card helped a little but my next steps were to likely replace them with williams bumpers as they are more lively IIRC

#2265 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I had issues with my pop bumpers as well , cleaned the contacts and changed the spoons to Williams/Bally style(more shallow)
Much better response now!

Do you have a part #/ link? Was it a quick swap?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-921

1 week later
#2276 7 years ago

Can anyone send me scan/images/gifs of the drop target decals? I want to make my own stickers. I pm'd Crash just now but I'm antsy and I want to make this a project tonight . TIA

#2278 7 years ago

Crash got back to me too!Prototype looks good ! Thanks!

IMG_5916 (resized).JPGIMG_5916 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#2284 7 years ago

Do you guys keep any secondary scores?

Here is a couple that the wife and I keep on the whiteboard:

-Highest werewolf score
-Lowest 1 ball score (267k)
-Lowest 3 ball score
-Highest guillotine target score
-Most door prize levels, etc.

I'll snap a pic tonight!

#2287 7 years ago

Here's the scoreboard we keep to track a few things. Its a little outdated. I hit CJ on the weekend for a cool 744 Mil. Awesome experience although I might have to turn the game up because I couldn't hear the music with the multiball going. Great game. Now I just need to play the organ!

thumb (resized).jpgthumb (resized).jpg

#2288 7 years ago

Great mods Robert, I like the cabinet decals on the inside. A lot of cool small touches with the leds too!

#2296 7 years ago

I'm coming for that high score seven

IMG_6015 (resized).JPGIMG_6015 (resized).JPG

#2298 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Man that is fantastic! I love it! Great score you got there BTW. Which code are you running? Because my 3 billion + score was on the old 3.03 code, since then I think my top is only 1.5 billion or so with the v 4.0 code. So technically you're very close to my current 4.0 code high score. I don't think I posted the 4.0 score on here yet but I should.

4.0. Yup you should!

Couple of things I noted with my high score progression since I owned my pin:

-Couldn't have got this score if I didn't use silicone lube on the spinners, the spinners just rip and its the only realistic way to complete frightmare and get a good CJ
-I took the cliffy off as it was stopping shots, right now I have some vinyl adhesive with some gorilla tape to protect the hole (i know) but the ball actually drops in like it should rather than rolling around the outkicker. Also when the ball comes down from the bumpers sometimes hitting the little edge would send the ball right down the middle.
-tweaked the tombstone sensitivity as good hits weren't registering - sometimes it still doesn't register but that can cost you mega points
-As you noted seven the multiplier bonus, mystery doors and generally max bonus (one killion) on targets really stacks on your longer plays/balls
-Every single high score I got was with 2 axtra (captive ball and extra creature feature)

In all honesty getting anything higher is very unlikely as I had luck on my side on this run.

#2300 7 years ago

Dave, I am in the same spot, need to take some real time to add some of that liquid wood to fix the current damage.

On your question about the score/status check, I believe you can hold down the right flipper button and get the scores/status while you are waiting to launch the ball, no?

4 weeks later
#2315 7 years ago

Hello kiddies! I need some help.

The shooter lane gate was getting stuck open and balls were dropping back into the lane.
I lubed the lane gate and now it seems too loose and the ball is getting stuck on the gate. Any advice? Maybe less lube to find the sweet spot?

IMG_6246 (resized).JPGIMG_6246 (resized).JPG

#2318 7 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Is your JP properly leveled?
Gord

I don't think so come to think of it. Thank you for the suggestion

#2323 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It looks like the gate is too low or positioned before the posts. The gate should be out more , even with or slightly ahead of the posts to prevent ball hang ups. If you rest a ball on the gate it should roll to the left over the post and not hang up.

Thanks, I'm am out of town his weekend but I'll take a look and make some suggestions and get back to you boys and ghouls

#2325 7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions GRB1959 and luvthatapex2 ! I checked the levelling and it was good. The gate was sitting pretty far back so I bent it forward and no more ball stuck!!

1 month later
#2425 6 years ago

Finally Installed color dmd LCD last night. The colours really pop. My photos suck but I wanted to upload a few anyways.

IMG_7281.JPGIMG_7281.JPG

IMG_7284.JPGIMG_7284.JPG

IMG_7286.JPGIMG_7286.JPG

#2427 6 years ago

Hey guys I wanted to ask what flipper coils you have in your machine. I have 090-5032 /22-1080 coils for all 3 and they are too strong. While I can rip spinners the ball bashes around a lot and it's wrecking my playfield and powder coat. I don't really want to use the soft coil setting because it will reduce power on other coils? I'm open to suggestions though.

#2432 6 years ago

Thanks sonic. I'll pick up that coil. The main problem with the lower flippers is that when the ball strikes the drop targets it absolutely flies off and hits stuff. Sometimes the drops don't even go down. Any tips?

#2434 6 years ago

I'll have to check again this eve but I'm pretty sure its default.

1 month later
#2447 6 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Fitted a new sound board for my tftc sound card.
what a difference.Night and Day to the sound quality .
Any else have problems with the drop target plunger?
I've done every thing with mine and the only way I can get it work 100% is to get rid of the plunger link and replace it with a cable tie

What is going on with the plunger? Targets not getting back up? is the link worn?

#2448 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

My DMD is acting up, while playing screen went completely blank but game would still play and sound worked. Turned it off and back on and it worked but sometimes the DMD would break up a little or appear to cut off with not the full screen or a few lines missing, any ideas for a none tech guy, thanks. I will post pictures if happens again.

Does it happen when there's lots of stuff going on? Does it happen when you hit both flippers. Make sure all power cables/connectors are snug. I have seen something similar and it was because the board was not getting enough power. Best way to test is get a multimeter and test the power output to the dmd board. you will have to get your hands dirty. I think it should be getting 12v but I could be wrong. If you don't know how to use a multimeter, you should start because its very useful.

2 months later
#2499 6 years ago

Congrats dude, TFTC is a very underrated game, the more machines you play, the more you will find that out. PM me if you are looking for any specific parts to save you from going out of country for them.

1 month later
#2533 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The missus just got this high score yesterday (she was warming up before we headed out to Pinball League night)
She doubled my personal best +40 million!!!!

congrats.. that is a monster score!

1 week later
#2546 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Well, it's official...the wife knocked me off the high score board. She owns all 6 initialized high scores & she's not showing any sign of letting up either. She regularly gets 500+ million games....when my personal best is 401 million. She is seriously destroying me at TFTC & I need to up the ante to give her some real competition.
So with that said....I'm looking for any suggestions regarding a strategy that some of you TFTC owners may utilize.
Do you try to hit crypt mode's in a particular order? (extra ball 1st, electric chair 2nd, etc?)
Do you aim for drop targets to hit the x8 on each ball?
Do you try to get multi-ball enabled every chance you get?
Anything.....any tips/suggestions at all would be appreciated!! She needs to be taken down a peg or two

It mainly comes down to hitting your shots consistently:
-Left Ramp is a must.
-Creature Feature scoop is a must.

Other tips:

-You should lock extra ball and crypt kicker as soon as possible
-For each multiball you should at least be able to get your first jackpot. Every time you get a multiball you should be shooting for the captive ball to get your 5 hits for axtra. After that don't bother
-Trap the ball in your right flipper, shoot the scoop shot to activate your creature features.
-Re-light the creature feature by shooting orbit. You can backhand the left orbit with the left flipper, this will also help you complete some modes.
-When the ball goes into the right return lane, you usually go into "chopping mode" the creature feature scoop should light temporarily. On many modes you can STACK features by doing this. It helps to have your game waxed.

Rinse and repeat the above points.

Don't go for 8x bonus. IMO its a risky shot.

All my high scores I had 2 axtra balls.

Also:
There are risky creature features that you should ignore completing them. Keeper Targets and guillotine targets. Skull cracking is a little risky but its worth going for your axtra.

3 weeks later
#2555 6 years ago

Can you explain the tombstone issue more? Also the other issues aren’t specifically TFTC related so you have more luck posting on a generic tech sub forum. Also, welcome to the club dude!

#2556 6 years ago

Also.. hey crew, could someone snap some photos of their drop target mechs? I disassembled mine and put it back together but I think I did it wrong. A few angles of the mech with close ups would be awesome!

Added over 6 years ago: Edit: Figured it out... take pictures people!

#2561 6 years ago

It sounds like a lot of issues for a first pin and unfortunately multiple issues don't help a beginner diagnose and resolve them easily.

Sounds like some voltage/power issues and possibly some messed up wiring.

To your question about the bridge rectifiers, definitely yes, start with the cheapest resolutions/fixes first then go on to the more expensive stuff. Depending on how hacked up the board is you might have luck picking up a rotten dog or xpin power board.

let me know if you need any photos of anything.

1 week later
#2589 6 years ago

Hey fright fans... lately I’ve been playing some higher quality pins.. (don’t get me wrong tales is awesome but it has its design flaws) and I noticed pins like mmr, simpsons op, Spider-Man, all have a way to control the ball as it comes down from the right orbit.

Simpsons does this to help control the ball to setup the upper flipper shot, same with spider man. Mmr does the same with a one way mini wire form. Anyways.. so I noticed on my tftc when the ball comes down from the orbit on the right or out of the upkicker into the right orbit, the ball comes off the side rail and makes it difficult for your upper flipper shot..

Luckily the previous owner of my Tspp Pinball party set me up with some spare plastics.. I put one on my tales and it fixed the problem.

Is this a problem for anyone else?

2984B594-51AF-4FFB-8158-46F12A1FDCE0 (resized).jpeg2984B594-51AF-4FFB-8158-46F12A1FDCE0 (resized).jpeg

346E60D7-0676-43E6-AC7E-D74BA1E21EA4 (resized).jpeg346E60D7-0676-43E6-AC7E-D74BA1E21EA4 (resized).jpeg

877120A7-DAD7-4309-A91D-71CA09159815 (resized).jpeg877120A7-DAD7-4309-A91D-71CA09159815 (resized).jpeg

91FAA03D-05C1-4A4C-AC07-818D65936B24 (resized).jpeg91FAA03D-05C1-4A4C-AC07-818D65936B24 (resized).jpeg

06ADB5A5-066A-40AF-B845-80E15603549F (resized).jpeg06ADB5A5-066A-40AF-B845-80E15603549F (resized).jpeg

C1531490-B52D-49FE-A1D6-2342F8AF6714 (resized).jpegC1531490-B52D-49FE-A1D6-2342F8AF6714 (resized).jpeg

#2591 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

No problems here. The ball runs along the side rail....through the spinner and onto the upper right flipper. Never leaving the rail. Could the right orbit spinner be causing the ball the come off the rail?

What about when it comes from the upkicker into the right orbit? Most of my problem is when the ball is coming back down from the right orbit.

It might be the leveling/rails/clear coat causing problems just for me.. I also noticed my orbit switch is quite stiff.

#2593 6 years ago

Thanks GRB, Might be the wire form on the vuk.. good suggestion

1 week later
#2604 6 years ago

I think hes talking about the left oulane light. or do you guys mean creature feature?

#2606 6 years ago

I'll have to check tonight but I'm pretty sure its lit right away. I was having some weird light issues and it turned out one of my lamp diodes was touching too close to the lamp socket and causing some phantom lighting. Also if you reset to factory settings recently it may have changed a setting that you didn't know about.

2 weeks later
#2658 6 years ago

Nice, not sure if people have been repairing their scoop hole first. I found my cliffy got bent really quick without a proper repair.

Finally got around to repairing it with wood filler and some sanding/ painting.

I actually did a ghetto mod to my cliffy to reduce the chances of it interfering with the ball travel.

A8F65C2A-003D-426D-AEEA-01C3895DA2CA (resized).jpegA8F65C2A-003D-426D-AEEA-01C3895DA2CA (resized).jpeg

310BE871-53CA-40C5-BFCD-AD501D3798A4 (resized).jpeg310BE871-53CA-40C5-BFCD-AD501D3798A4 (resized).jpeg

73BB9223-7D29-4909-83F2-8C9D12950BC4 (resized).jpeg73BB9223-7D29-4909-83F2-8C9D12950BC4 (resized).jpeg

#2661 6 years ago

On Thursday I got to the 7th door. I have probably 1000 or more games but still no luck completing it. In the audits there’s a count for “deepest doors” that being said, anyone know how far they go?

1 week later
#2715 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I posted a WTB ad on the marketplace but figured it didn't hurt to post it here as well.....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-tales-from-the-crypt-playfield-nos
Looking for a NOS TFTC playfield. If you have one or know about a lead on one feel free to PM me.
Cheers!

Did you PM MiamiRedSkin ? He was selling one previously.

Why are you looking for one?

3 weeks later
#2754 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Getting my first TFTC pin,going to install color DMD .Led goes in but LCD speaker panel has permanent modifications ?
Are remake panels available if I did go with LCD? Any thoughts or suggestions ?

Yes you are correct with your statement. Go with the LED if you want an easy drop in replacement and aren't very handy.

If you are handy then yes you have to trim some of the plastic on the speaker/dmd panel. I used a dremel with a cutting wheel.

As far as I know you cannot get a modified panel.

1 week later
#2779 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Sure,games at my shop ,pics soon

moar pics!

3 months later
#2873 5 years ago

When I got my game it originally had a tonne of purple LED’s and they looked sweet. However it was hard to get the same depth of colour depending on the brand. Since then I did a whole replace with comet and I picked up some of their purple passion LED’s. They look awesome and pics don’t do it justice. My the game had purple on the CRYPT letters which also looks sharp but I wanted to stick to colour matching as much as I could (aside from a few exceptions)

8703DC00-5C6F-432E-9DF2-AFB900A4B873 (resized).jpeg8703DC00-5C6F-432E-9DF2-AFB900A4B873 (resized).jpeg

62FEE0C6-DCDD-45EA-89C9-CD20E3FBA7DC (resized).jpeg62FEE0C6-DCDD-45EA-89C9-CD20E3FBA7DC (resized).jpeg

A9349E3F-5A66-42F5-9CE3-120993727A51 (resized).jpegA9349E3F-5A66-42F5-9CE3-120993727A51 (resized).jpeg

#2881 5 years ago

congrats Chris. Welcome to the club! We got a good following from Alberta now!

#2885 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Thanks Pat, we can compare notes/ strategies now .lol...

Of course! first tip is msg Jakers and pick up the airball protector for the drop targets. Its a game changer.

1 month later
#2958 5 years ago

ImNotNorm Yup Sean is a great guy that’s awesome that he sent all that stuff!

#2969 5 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

Finally after a long wait I just picked up my Tales from the Crypt! A few minor repairs and adjustments but it looks good are a burned up GI connector and some broken drop targets .. took care of that. now I'm working on the tombstone ... initially thought I had a bad motor but in test I helped it along and it started working . can't get it to work on its own now needs an adjustment maybe on the switches anybody had this issue?

There’s a switch behind the tombstone plate. Test it in switch test. Adjust switch as necessary. Sand down the switch contact a bit. Check wiring to said switch. Good luck!!!

1 week later
#2994 5 years ago

First off, I love this club! We have a great community here and seeing all of the mods and discussion is great.

Sometimes I like to think about ways to make the code better. Here are a couple of suggestions.. who knows, maybe if we get a good list we can ask Chad to do another update if we get a good list

-Monster Jackpot should be easier to attain: suggestions: require less hits to reach jackpot. Have coding so that the tombstone lowers after a certain amount of time. If the player is not hitting any switches during the multiball mode, the timer would stop. So the player either has the option to keep the balls alive by playing conservatively, or they can bash the tombstone as before.
- Better Mode stacking during multiball: The timer on the different modes should either be paused or more time should be added after a player hits multi-ball. The current problem is that when you hit multiball with modes going, the multiball animation eats up about 10 seconds of time while nothing else is happening.
-Changes to video mode: has anyone got deepest doors? Furthest I've had is 6. There is an audit that tracks "deepest doors" and mine is currently at 0... Is there a way this could be made easier? I love that its random but if we assume deepest doors is 7 correct guesses, the odds of getting that are 1/2187 (if my math is correct). Maybe some functionality where you could "cheat" to skip doors but there's a risk to lose points or end the game.
-Improved doorbell functionality: Instead of only being able to lock 1 mode as it randomly cycles, you have the opportunity to select which mode you want to lock. Similar to the multiplier selector on stern star wars. It could be too overpowering, but could also provide some better strategy elements in the game.
-Improve certain modes:
Robbing the Crypt: hitting the left spinner could increase your time countdown (this mode is quite hard IMO)
Playing the Organ: Make this easier? I think currently it only saves your progress for each ball, Once you drain, your progress resets. Perhaps it could save your progress towards the mode.

Thoughts? Yay? Nay? Maybe some of your own suggestions for updates?

#2999 5 years ago

Nice pickup! No payem usually means you need to add a credit to play, if it repeats over and over it could be a few things. I’ll check the fuses on my game tomorrow morning if no one else can. It is normal to have some not used cables. I’ll get some photos as well.

#3008 5 years ago

Ok tic here we go.. all your loose connectors look fine. Don’t plug them in.. mine are loomed up either in the coin door or similar areas with yours.

Fuses for my shaker motor board
F1: 2.5 amp.. looks like a fast blow edit; some guys online say you don’t need this fuse
F2: 2.5 amp slow blow
F3: 2.5 amp slow blow

I didn’t even know they made 2.5 amp fuses..

Also get the code update.

1D52922A-889E-4137-AE7B-C4AC419ADDC2 (resized).jpeg1D52922A-889E-4137-AE7B-C4AC419ADDC2 (resized).jpeg2BF27F46-10D4-4F99-B4C4-947C2EA5C41A (resized).jpeg2BF27F46-10D4-4F99-B4C4-947C2EA5C41A (resized).jpeg59AD3B4E-0E32-4FFA-99B2-9FB5FDB0E01F (resized).jpeg59AD3B4E-0E32-4FFA-99B2-9FB5FDB0E01F (resized).jpeg6C4C17A3-7E32-4E2D-AF67-99C035AE6FBF (resized).jpeg6C4C17A3-7E32-4E2D-AF67-99C035AE6FBF (resized).jpeg9FDF6964-63FA-455E-BC6E-19391BF97492 (resized).jpeg9FDF6964-63FA-455E-BC6E-19391BF97492 (resized).jpegAF234F93-309A-4A7D-BA9A-55B6A87EF5A8 (resized).jpegAF234F93-309A-4A7D-BA9A-55B6A87EF5A8 (resized).jpegBD82A8EE-D6C3-4A51-92D9-A60C7AAA8A2C (resized).jpegBD82A8EE-D6C3-4A51-92D9-A60C7AAA8A2C (resized).jpegC36212E3-40B1-4163-9DC2-807A31731D92 (resized).jpegC36212E3-40B1-4163-9DC2-807A31731D92 (resized).jpegF7DA4EF2-37A5-4D0A-86F7-F63868CA0B91 (resized).jpegF7DA4EF2-37A5-4D0A-86F7-F63868CA0B91 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3009 5 years ago

Sorry, missed a few posts, I’ll check the flipper board fuses and the credit add wiring shortly

Flipper boards look like 3amp. Coin add switches
Go to the main harness coming from the door.

7B40AC9D-6CB3-4617-B134-C6C477D88C59 (resized).jpeg7B40AC9D-6CB3-4617-B134-C6C477D88C59 (resized).jpeg
#3010 5 years ago

Nice job on your game Mike. You could cook eggs off those ramps in the sun!

Get the air ball protector on the drop targets. Jakers might still make one for you

#3015 5 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

On, cool, so the first board with the three are all 2.5, and one is a fast blow, and the 5 or so in the other, is that the one you are saying is all 3amp? Half was down the same wall in the cab?

Yup for the first Board. That’s a shaker board. The fuses are labelled f1,2,3 on it.

Yup, for the other board. I couldn’t check them all because the fuse holders look too weak to remove all the fuses and look but they look the same.

2 weeks later
#3041 5 years ago

What did you use for fill? Funny enough I just installed mine. Had to immediately bend up the right side. It’s too low as it is. Gord did the same to his. Is there a way to get the right side metal machined a bit higher like the left?

#3044 5 years ago

Cool, glad you found a solution. The only other thing I recommend is clear coat. I actually use my wife's clear coat nail polish. Not sure how it would hold up but it definitely protects the paint.

1 week later
#3058 5 years ago

Johnny, I would try to see if you can replicate this in test mode. Or alternatively try to find out if a different switch is triggering at the same time you use the flipper. Could be vibration causing a switch contact. IE In normal play, if the ball is in the shooter lane, and you manually press a switch that is not the drop targets, the ball will automatically launch.

#3064 5 years ago

Typically, resets are due to low voltage (should be 5v) going to the MPU/CPU board. Generally it means the capacitors or bridge rectifiers associated with the 5v line on the power board go south.

IMHO..

Easy way...you would want to pick up an xpin power supply board ($100?), swap that in and see if you still have issues.

Harder way... get a multi meter and monitor your 5v going to the CPU/MPU, if its dropping low or below 5 already then you would likely need to replace the components or go back to the easy way. Worse case is you could have some sort of a short which would lead to more troubleshooting but my guess is the power board is going.

#3066 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

He is EXACTLY correct....pick up the Xpin PS board and you'll be fine....that thing fixes so many annoying problems on DE pins because of that poorly designed PS board....

Yea.. I actually have an Xpin as a hot spare.. as soon as my original board even sniffs some issues, its coming right out and I am not looking back.

#3072 5 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Wow! Thanks everyone for the quick reply. I am looking for the easy way out as I have limited time. Is this the board many are recommending to get:
https://xpinpinball.com/product/xp-de5047/
If not, please let me know what model to get and i'll order one ASAP to see if this fixes my problem. Also, in the description it recommends to get the "GI replacement cables"... Has anyone had to get one with the board?

That’s the one.. Not sure about the Gi..if you can find out the connector #s, and take a look yours.. if they are browned and burnt then do it. Depending how long you expect to have the game then might be a good pickup if they aren’t too much more.

#3073 5 years ago

Edit.. I don’t think you need one and it looks like you would have to do some intermediate level wiring/soldering

1 week later
#3095 5 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

For some reason on this machine it does nothing. We are running the 4.0 unofficial code if that helps.

Are you sure you are "installing" the adjustment? IE is it showing "off" when you go back into the adjustment menu after rebooting or leaving the menu?

Just making sure you're covering all the bases.

#3099 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Seems like a Mantis can only work properly on a new playfield or scoop with absolutely no chipping.

Yea, I was playing a few days ago and chips of qwik wood were flying around every few shots on the scoop. I still like the mantis better than the cliffy though.

In your case for sure keep the mantis until you do the swap.

#3104 5 years ago

How high is the ball getting up? Try bending the deflector to give the ball a better angle to the trough.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#3132 5 years ago

I went lcd, I use high res mode. I liked the Tales from the crypt keeper cartoon when I was a kid so it gives the game a more cartoonish look. The modding is not simple and involves dremelimg/cutting out plastic on your speaker panel. If I had to do it again I would just drop in Led.

1 week later
#3155 5 years ago

Done right pinsound would be sweet. It's just a lot of effort and the board is hella expensive. I'll redo the TFTC sounds one day. Goldeneye would be first though. I do agree that the metal takes away for the original appeal.

#3162 5 years ago

You could check the resistance (ohms) of the coil. Make sure its within spec. I doubt the transistor is pooched but you could do a visual inspection on the mosfet/transistor that is associated with that coil. You could also check the coil stop and sleeve to make sure they don't have excess wear or dirt.

4 weeks later
#3198 5 years ago

I actually ended up putting stern slim titan on the captive ball and right ramp. helps a bit!

#3200 5 years ago

welcome, Right ramp starts the frenzy. The way i understand it is that you have to keep hitting the left ramp and go through all the frenzies in one ball. So 4 shots, which unlocks living dead, 4(5?) shots, then chainsaw. However, I don't think you actually have to start the modes to keep progressing to organ. I for one have never got this mode. The game should save your progress towards organ each ball. Playing the organ is way too hard to get IMO

#3206 5 years ago

Not the best photo but my game is heavily powdered lol

217A87BF-0B23-47BA-ACF8-EF784C1351A7 (resized).jpeg217A87BF-0B23-47BA-ACF8-EF784C1351A7 (resized).jpeg
#3219 5 years ago

There’s pics from a similar product in this thread. Just get one Irish, you won’t regret it. Makes the gameplay way better and way more protection.

#3225 5 years ago

Chris, if you order another one I’ll split you on the shipping!

1 month later
#3254 5 years ago

Merry cryptsmas and a happy noose year

3 weeks later
#3271 5 years ago

By no means am i an electrician but from my basic understanding the higher ratings are not needed. When I say not needed, I mean it doesn't hurt for higher rating for your BRs. You should be good with it either way. Mine looked the same. See post below.. you should be good as the manual says BR1 and BR2 for those two backbox ones.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-rumble-bridge-rectifier-values

2 weeks later
#3276 5 years ago
Quoted from Binger:

Expert level question!!! Putting my game back together. All coils test correctly except the scoop. Coil tests good. Diode on coil replaced.... old one tested good. Transistor tests good..... flashers on q42 all work (same transistor as coil) voltage at coil is good. All other coils work. When activated in test mode the plunger for the scoop jumps about 1/8-1/4”. I tested resistor and didodes on ppb board..... all fine. Reseated wires in connectors. Running out of ideas. Hoping something similar has happened and someone knows answer. Free hard candy to winner.... must come to Boston to redeem prize.

Does the coil mech move freely on its own when you push it with your finger? Also I'm assuming the solder job on the coil is solid and there are no frayed wires? The only similar thing I have noticed in another game was a disconnected wire further down the chain from one of the lugs. Track the next closest coil on the colored wire and inspect for continuity/good connection. Otherwise make sure coil and mech is installed properly on the scoop assembly. Good luck!

#3278 5 years ago

Had a monster game last night, 4 jackpots, 1 double. Hit crypt jam and halfway through another loop. 3 axtra! My best is just over a bil.

C31EBE38-E18A-48BB-80FD-162230981583 (resized).jpegC31EBE38-E18A-48BB-80FD-162230981583 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3290 5 years ago

Nice! Monster is crazy hard to get! Big points too

#3296 5 years ago

the Scoop shot is tough with a cliffy but repeatable. With the mantis one you can get it pretty consistent from the right flipper. Let’s say 60% or so. I’d say half the shots are from the right flip and half the upper flipper. Make sure your game is nice and level!

#3299 5 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Hey there everybody. Just spent about five hours working on my Tales on this snow day. Replaced rubbers, several lights, one drop down target and spring, waxed table, and cleaned metal and plastic pieces. But it looks good and always nice to see an old machine shine, especially one you have painstakingly rebuilt. Was having some ghosting issues with non-ghosting LED's and finally just gave up and put incandescents into those particular sockets. I'm not going to worry about it.
Anyway, just wanted everybody to know that Cliffy is making an eject protector for our Tales. It is an easy install. I think I had to loosen a few bolts/screws to get it under the rail. He has double sided tape on the bottom and it goes right on. He sent me a prototype several weeks ago with an order I placed and it has held like a champ. If you want to get one, hit him up as I don't think it is updated on his web site. He is backed up with so many orders lately, so be patient.
Best. Cyrus
[quoted image]

Nice work! Regarding your ghosting issue, for me, there was a diode leg on the keeper targets that was touching the base of the bulb causing some ghosting. So maybe visually inspect your light socket diodes to make sure they aren't loose or too close to other components.

1 week later
#3303 5 years ago

I hate the service pegs on data east. I got the mantis ones which were an upgrade but I much more preferred the slide rails on Simpson’s. I recently got some side art for tftc, and from a previous experience it’s easier to balance the play field with service rails like stern White star or Sam.

Long and short is I installed these SAM rails on my game today. So far so good, they seem slightly uneven so I might add a little furniture slider on one side. Already way better than the original

46E52A77-56C2-4731-A706-E15EFBABBB78 (resized).jpeg46E52A77-56C2-4731-A706-E15EFBABBB78 (resized).jpeg
#3306 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Can you clarify? Furniture slider? Just trying to visualize...

When I was setting down the play-field the right side seemed like it carried more weight. Added some leftover ikea furniture pads on one side. Where the left leg sits on the lockdown bar. Its good now!
beige-cream-everbilt-furniture-accessories-49921-64_1000 (resized).jpgbeige-cream-everbilt-furniture-accessories-49921-64_1000 (resized).jpg

#3310 5 years ago

I bought the SAM kit from pinball life. I am by no means handy and did it in around an hour.

#3312 5 years ago

I haven't installed it as I'll need help from my wife and the space between the play field and cabinet is very tight. Might need those plastic side protector things.

attached a photo of what they will look like

50858187_10155789449741087_3070212270094024704_n (resized).jpg50858187_10155789449741087_3070212270094024704_n (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#3328 5 years ago

I ordered a set of those from mezel a few weeks ago. They just shipped.. waiting for that before I install my art ImNotNorm I’d be willing to bet you don’t want to install art without the protectors, of all the games I’ve owned it’s got the least amount of space.

#3332 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

After about 2 years of trying to join the club I was finally able to purchase a TFTC! Purchased some glow titans and was able to tune up a couple of things thanks to boat
[quoted image]

I was wondering when you would join the thread! Welcome hang mang.

2 weeks later
#3336 5 years ago

2019 Code change suggestions:

Problem: Monster Jackpot is too hard
Suggestions: Require less hits to lower tombstone

Problem: Creature feature mode timing counts down during multiball animation.
Suggestion: The timer on the different modes should either be paused or more time should be added after a player hits multi-ball.

Problem: Door Prize mode is almost statistically unbeatable (1/2187 or worse).
Suggestion: Door odds should be made 2/3 instead of 1/3

Problem: Playing the Organ is too difficult to reach
Suggestion: The code would save progress towards Playing the Organ between balls.

#3337 5 years ago
Quoted from bigcat68:

Can y'all help me out with an accurate LED bulb list for TFTC. I'm trying to make a comet pinball order soon. Any help would be appreciated. And or any recommendations on bulb types and colors for certain areas. Or anyone suggest cointaker led kits? Please let me know.

Id recommend some passion purple for the keeper targets and a few other inserts. They look great. Comets all the way.

#3345 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Hmmm... I'm always open to suggestions.

Chad, is there a way to add champion high scores for each mode? Loop champion, keeper targets, crypt jam, etc. Or are the chips too small memory wise.

Also cycling through attract mode advertisements with flipper buttons would be nice.

#3348 5 years ago

Install the mantis and buy another for your new playfield if need be. You won’t regret it.

2 weeks later
#3355 4 years ago

It's too quiet in here hang meng! What is everyone's next project? I still haven't installed the side blade decals. Its ready to go but the game is tucked in the corner so I'm being a little lazy

958D739A-1C6E-4D19-B8D6-15635206E1BA (resized).jpeg958D739A-1C6E-4D19-B8D6-15635206E1BA (resized).jpeg
#3357 4 years ago

Call me, I’ll give you the low. If you provide the beer I might even come help you install!

#3362 4 years ago
Quoted from Jsampel:

Okay guys, any advice here would be appreciated. Every time I hit my right flipper it increases my score 50000 points and every time I hit my left flipper it awards me a shot towards axe-tra ball.
Does this sound like a board problem, something under the play field crossed or a rom issue?

Theft flipper clack could cause a switch to trigger if it isn’t adjusted properly. Maybe check the contacts to make sure they aren’t too close. Not sure about the right one.. depends what switch awards 50k.

#3372 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Can any Canadian Crypt Keepers direct me where I can get Data East NVRAM with decent shipping?
Thanks!

Maybe try @astill

#3376 4 years ago

Welcome fatality, game looks great. Scoop looks nice too, get a mantis protector over the cliffy IMO. Way better gameplay with the mantis

#3392 4 years ago

I did dremel, I didn't have a proper cutting wheel so it wasn't the best experience. If you have a cheaper LCD, might as well go for it. the cutting doesn't have to be that accurate.

1 week later
#3406 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Is anyone elses TFTC knocker sound weak. Compared to my other pins this is the weakest. I haven't even raised the playfield yet to look at it to see what coils in there or anything. Just wondering if this is a common thing for this game

Mine is strong and loud.

1 week later
#3422 4 years ago

Put up a monster score on Tuxedomask23 ‘s Tftc last night!

29C0D680-ED53-417C-A035-7D27ABFE5A10 (resized).jpeg29C0D680-ED53-417C-A035-7D27ABFE5A10 (resized).jpeg
#3427 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

How is this game fully loaded not valued at 4k+? I’d rather play TFTC than 90% of my collection! Such a fun tourney pin with the Chad code! She’s a top 10 for me!

Agree 100%. Most die hard Williams/bally fans will glance over because it’s data east.

If you guys have future code suggestions I will compile them and try to convince chad to do another release!

#3436 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Got a problem with my tales. I lost one of my columns. Controls the tombstone, skull cracker , left spinner. Q51. I replaced the tip and the switches are working. Now while checking the diagnostic every time a flasher is triggered it does a coil. So the game goes nuts while trying to play. Everything is firing off. Tombstone doesn't move up and down now. Any ideas?

Check to make sure the diodoes on those coils/ components are not touching metal where they shouldn't be. ie shorted.

#3437 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Honestly, what would you change on the Chad code???

I made a post a few back, mainly mode stacking improvements, game balancing for video mode, more high score modes/features.

#3439 4 years ago

Got another good one at my house! Lol

74F9DA89-E82C-4133-B1D2-57540F558A48 (resized).jpeg74F9DA89-E82C-4133-B1D2-57540F558A48 (resized).jpeg
#3448 4 years ago

“No payem, no game”

It’s the sound board booting/rebooting. As far as I know that’s normal. I have nvram as well.

#3457 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Man this game is hard, I can't get over 200 million on it. I have a couple little quirks I am trying to figure out. When my ball plunges it hits the center drop target every time and almost always goes straight down the middle. Kinda annoying, is there a way to change this somehow? The only think I can think is to try and bend the metal trail the ball rides against as it comes out of the shooter.
Also there is a gate that is kinda supposed to act like a check valve. It only allows the ball to come out of the shooter lane but not roll back in. I noticed if the ball hits this gate at the right spot it somehow bypasses the gate and rolls back into the shooter lane. Upon further inspection the only thing I can notice that is going on, is the gate is shifted to the left side and it allows the ball to slip past some times. Any suggestions?
Also there is no way to save your progress on the right ramp (the one that goes upside down) If I hit it, it starts living dead mode I think but if I drain it resets and goes back to living dead again. I have never gotten past chainsaw mode because it is always resetting. I am runing the Chad H Code.

For the plunge, make sure your game is level left and right. Mine goes STDM sometimes too. I might bend the shooter lane metal as well.

Regarding the ball exit gate on the shooter lane, just bend the metal down a bit.

1 week later
#3487 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

^ So I had the transistor on Q66 replaced a long time ago and the crypt kicker was behaving normally again. No issues for almost a year.
Then yesterday I noticed that the crypt kicker was behaving oddly again like it did when the transistor on Q66 blew. I checked out the backbox and noticed Q66 transistor blew again and will need to be replaced.
The question I have is....
What could make this transistor blow again?
What can I do to ensure this isn't a regular occurrence?
Thanks folks!

Diode on the lamp/bulb could be loose/finicky. Incorrect fuses associated with those transistors. Lamp locking on from a short

2 weeks later
#3490 4 years ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

Hi all,
Does anyone know of a working link to download the TFTC sound files? It is more for the in game call outs. Pinsound appears to have had these at one point but I can not sign up to download this file (the set security question answer doesn't work! or powerball is not the answer?). Looks like it might have been removed?
I am working on a topper hooked up with an Arduino, speakers and flashers. I have some lightening, thunder and call outs from the crypt keeper but would be great to have a wider range than the sound bites other than the Crypt Keeper doll and Christmas album I'm using. First attempt was pretty lame but getting better now. Happy to share details if anyone is interested in doing this.
On a side note, it would be interesting to also hear the quality of the sound files. I recently put in new speakers however, the sound isn't super clear, still kind of muffled. Maybe just the recording quality/bit rate from 1993?
Thanks for any help

You could try Astill

Also yes the sound quality isn’t great for the chips.

What is the security question?

1 week later
#3494 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

Just put the finishing touches on this for a custom I am building!![quoted image]

Nice, cook em Danno!

2 months later
#3548 4 years ago
Quoted from Gvalgard:

Hey gang, having some issues with my Tales. When I start a game it immediately engages the top flipper and blows the fuse. I have looked for obvious ground issues and found none, Thoughts?

Generally in these cases it’s likely the transistor associated with the flipper is toast. You will need to find out which transistor it is and visually inspect and run a test on it. It could look burnt or completely normal. In most cases I would just replace it.

You said when you start a game, see if it happens in test mode as well.

2 months later
#3582 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

The bumbers of my tales from the crypt are very weak .. How can I fix them? The ball must hit hard to activate them[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You need to adjust the spoon/switch contacts on the pop bumpers. Its kinda pain, essentially lift the playfield up find the switch contacts for the pop bumpers. and bend the switch contacts as close as they can go without touching. Assuming the plastic spoon is in good shape too. You can also replace the spoon, Very finnicky job.

#3583 4 years ago

Also - wanted to say I'm officially out of the club now, its been good guys! Hopefully I don't miss the game but its been a great 3 years!

3 weeks later
#3609 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Does TFTC need to use the OCD LED board?

No.. if you have non ghosting LED’s like comet NG you will be fine.

#3614 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

Hi, I installed the code 4.00 and I noticed a defect, if during the same ball I take 2 extraballs (one with the captive ball and one with the mission) actually when the ball goes in the hole the system considers me one, it happens to you too?

Not exactly sure what you are asking but if you earn two extra balls in a game, it should keep track that you have two. The only thing I can think of is if you go into the service menu / adjustments and make sure the game isn't limited to 1 extra ball.

#3616 4 years ago

Man, my Italian is getting good

2 weeks later
#3631 4 years ago

Yes you can resolder - hopefully that fixed the problem!

2 years later
#4362 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:Thanks for digging up the info. Too bad. The original audio is out there though. If someone could reproduce what Slamtilt did with the vpin, it’d be just as good to me.

I haven't played with virtual pins before but I assumed all of the rom and sound files are named the same. If thats the case if slam tilt shares his sound files, I can convert it all for pinsound. The other caveat is that when I was working with sega goldeneye, all of the sound and music files are named randomly and not consistent. so you would essentially would have had to map out the original sound file name, location and description, so you can replace it with the new sound file. That took a lot of time. (small screen cap of that) but if slam is on board with sharing his work and his mapping, I can make it happen. Just need someone with pinsound and tftc as I dont have the game anymore... I kinda need a winter project anyways... lol
Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#4369 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

Boat, This is one pin that NEEDS a great pinsound! I'd be up for buying a pinsound and working on mapping the audio with you if need be. I'm a novice when it comes to audio editing, but I do have some experience mapping and editing audio/video using pinball browser on my Star Wars.

I agree, I always thought it would be a great candidate.

Without slam, I don’t think anything happens, finding the sound clips would take a while too.

Although I do have all the seasons on DVD… lol.

#4372 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

Boat, This is one pin that NEEDS a great pinsound! I'd be up for buying a pinsound and working on mapping the audio with you if need be. I'm a novice when it comes to audio editing, but I do have some experience mapping and editing audio/video using pinball browser on my Star Wars.

I don’t think it’s much different, just converting audio files, trimming lengths, adjusting decibels. I’m sure you could knock it out of the park

#4378 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

Boat, I downloaded the original sound files and it looks pretty straight forward and easy to edit. The hardest part will be hunting down all the new sound clips. any advice for finding the best quality sounds/music?

Quoted from Crispy77:

Boat, I downloaded the original sound files and it looks pretty straight forward and easy to edit. The hardest part will be hunting down all the new sound clips. any advice for finding the best quality sounds/music?

If you could get dvd or blu ray rips usually you can seperate the sound channels. Usually 5.1 or similar. That would get you access to the audio but you would need to pinpoint the exact time in the show where the call-out is.

#4380 1 year ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

That shouldn't be that big a deal since you’d have to run thru all the episodes to pick which quotes you wanted.

Yea for sure! It would be a fun process lol

2 weeks later
#4403 1 year ago

I think he works on a bunch of games so maybe give him the benefit of the doubt!

1 week later
2 months later
#4490 1 year ago
Quoted from Magellano:Hi guys, I need your help with my TFTC
The outline kicker (crypt kicker-left drain) is not activate at the beginning of the game( the light is off). When I hit an eyeball it goes on.
Sometimes though, it works properly, it is on since the beginning.
Maybe humidity, maybe a wire, I don’t know where to look.
Any ideas???

Do you mean the insert light or the actual kicker mechanism?

Check the diodes and lugs on the eye target lights and make sure they aren’t touch any other pieces of metal or squished together.

1 week later
#4504 1 year ago
Quoted from MStem80:

Well I thought I found the culprit, this 2n3904 was testing bad. Swapped it out and game worked perfect again for about ten minutes...then it happened again. Any ideas?
[quoted image][quoted image]

You diagnosed a switch column issue, I think you are on the right track....
I would first check each component in that column for shorted contacts, loose wires or diodes,
Then it could be that SN74LS244 chip but usually the entire column would just not be working

1 week later
#4518 1 year ago

Your spinners also need to be able to rip, mine were cleaned and I added a drop of silicone treadmill lube on each side of the spinner wire form.

To add to what seven said, lock the kicker creature feature too as that can save you.

I looked at the high scores today, it’s nice that you, seven only add your highest score, there is someone here that added over 5 of their scores like it was their personal high score board.. lol.

1 week later
#4530 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'll PM you about it.
On a side note, I'll probably start a separate thread about troubleshooting this thing. First things I've done are remove batteries, re-seat connectors on the boards, and verified all of the fuses.
Turns out there at least 2 coils that lock on, so I'll be digging around under the playfield and studying the schematics to see what drivers might need replacing and what might be causing the coils to lock. I'm not super familiar with this boardset, so it'll be a good learning experience for me. Any help would be appreciated!

If the coils lock on instantly after powering on then it’s those transistors. If the game isn’t booting you have to verify good 5v is getting to your mpu. I’m not a big Williams guy but I think the east east boards were a close copy of willliams system 11s so they are similar in diagnosis

#4532 1 year ago

4, that’s not good . I’m not too sure, depends how the diodes are setup on the board which could cause an issue like that. I assume the fuses blow quick ?

You can start with the power board if it has test points or else you have to look at the schematic to see where the 5V is coming in on the connector to the mpu (from the power board) . The mpu may also have a test point. Can’t remember where but the schematics will lead you to the promised land!

#4534 1 year ago

Good luck. Also visually inspect the power board. If the caps are blown or suspect that would be a direct cause of no boot.

10 months later
#4878 72 days ago

sullivcd40 You may also consider a mantis scoop protector. Way less shot rejects with that product, scoop damage would have to be repaired properly however.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.