image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PBFan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1693 8 years ago

Awesome news! Thanks Chad. One of my favourite pins just got better!

#1699 8 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Awesome news! Thanks Chad. One of my favourite pins just got better!

I will certainly be donating to Chad once I get my new roms installed.

1 week later
#1743 8 years ago

WooHoo. Received and installed my ROMS yesterday. Donation Sent. Thanks Chad.

I purchased my TFTC in Allentown this year and had never made it to "Crypt Jam". (Close a few times). Unbelievably, the first game that I played with Chad's new ROMS I made it. Has nothing to do with the actual changes - I was just making my shots (and got some nice scoop bounces). I finished the game and I was surprised at how low my score was (576M) as compared to how my previous scores were. I had played worse games and had much higher scores. I quite like the new scoring balance.

Oh, and my wife can now tolerate the game. She HATED the Crypt-Keepers laugh and it travelled through the house. I miss the laughter a bit because I was a big fan of the show and the laugh is just part of it.

Ok, too much chopping; I am going to go Gore some More!

#1748 8 years ago

Anyone have an issue with the Fast Goring Modes (using the new v4 ROMS)? The only mode that I can start is the "Living Dead" Mode. No matter how many times I hit the Left Ramp it always starts the "Living Dead" and the playfield lamp never lights the next "Chainsaw" Mode. I thought the new code fixed that or perhaps I am missing something else to advance the mode?

Thanks guys.

#1750 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

After five successful shots to the left ramp, it advances the right ramp. Resets in between balls.

Thanks GoatDan. Based upon what you said, I just went down and checked mine again. I think I just discovered how this actually works now.

If you start the "Living Dead" mode then it resets. If you want to start Chainsaw Mode you need to make 10 Left Ramp shots without starting the "Living Dead" Mode. If you want to start "Grave Digger then you need to make 15 Left Ramp shots before making a Right Ramp shot. If you want to make the final "Play the Organ" mode then you need to make 20 Left Ramp shots before making a Right Ramp shot.

Got it now. That's gonna be tough to make it to "Play the Organ".

Love this new code.

#1763 8 years ago

Really digging this new code. I really like the scoring balance. The modes are worth going for and I love the risk/reward of the ramps now. You really have to work the modes to get a high score and not just bat the ball around.

This game was fun before but it has moved up a level now. The usage of the quotes seems more balanced, more varied and less repetitive. To me it is as if the TV show theme is even more integrated with the game.

Very well done Chad. Haven't come across a single thing that I would want changed at this point.

#1772 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Whoo-hoo! Goal accomplished! I particularly enjoy that you like the ramps, we spent a LOT of time going back and forth with ideas on that...

Yes, I wasn't sure how much I was going to like it that way but I played games the last few days where I really focused on lighting "Play the Organ" and it was intense.

3 years later
#3540 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Might I suggest this mod...the eyeballs look freshly ripped out and are very well done. You can choose your color. Thanks to thehuemanatee! One of the best mods I’ve seen. See https://deadheadprops.com/.
[quoted image]

Yup, I did mine like that a few years ago using the eyeballs from the same source. It is awesome! It was a PIA dremelling out the eyeballs to fit the LEDs and was quite messy (due to the silicone? you have to drill out) but was most definitely worth the effort.

2 years later
#4094 2 years ago
Quoted from subedriver:

Still having a issue with my sound. It'll do the no payem no game and then the music cuts out. If I can get a mode started it comes back. Sometimes it will keep repeating the saying while playing with the music off. I had the boards gone through and I've checked voltages are the power supply and the the sound board. My board tells me they are within range. Had this game for two months now and yet to play a good game on it. It is running the 4.0 code. Any suggestions?

I had a similar issue with my LAH. A few sound clips would just keep randomly playing during the game. It turns out that it was a broken fuse clip (they are notorious for breaking on Data East pins). When the game would get jostled the fuse would lose connectivity and the sound would play. I held the clip tight using an elastic band until I replaced it. I am not sure what fuse it was but it did cause the issue for me. So check your fuse clips - warning older brittle clips can break easily when removing fuses on DE machines.

Good luck.

#4095 2 years ago

2 months later
#4147 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am finally getting around to knocking out several Data East titles' apron cards. Just finished up Tales From the Crypt if anyone has any interest.

Doh! I just ordered 7 sets of your cards for my games on Black Friday. TFTC was the only one I was looking for that you didn’t have. These are great for anyone interested. They are much nicer in person and installed. Very nice work.

ralphwiggum Any chance you are making one for Data East GnR?

1 year later
#4757 6 months ago
Quoted from ChadH:

It's a power issue to your sound board. Your sound board is constantly rebooting... and every time it boots, it plays that voice call upon bootup.

I bet you have a broken fuse holder. I had the same issue with my LAH and my TFTC. The game shakes and the fuse loses contact and the board reboots. Those DE fuse holders are horrible. Yoy have to be gentle when pulling the fuses … or better yet just replace the fuse holders.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 64.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PBFan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=PBFan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.