image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Metzu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1923 8 years ago

Hi guys,im plannin or get a TFTC by the end of the month but since i its going to be shipped to me im kind of worried what are the things that i should ask the seller,what to look to check if it works properly the guy says that its "in working condition"

#1930 8 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Some of your questions may be centric more so on Data East architecture than TFTC directly....how familiar are you with the Data East pins for starters? For me - almost all DE pins from this time frame have had Power Supply board problems - and most end up getting an aftermarket board. The MPU and PPB can also have problems - but other than my TFTC's power supply board - the rest of my boards are original.

so ill ask the guy detailed pictures of all the borads? i was thinking to ask for a video of the machine at work

#1932 8 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

That's a good start. I'd ask for details on the cabinet condition, is it a re-import, details on any playfield wear/damage, history of repairs made, ask for things unique to the game regarding the tombstone's function, shaker motor...things like broken ramps and plastics are key....and if all lights, light.....flippers, slings, VUK's, pops all function well.....when was it last re-rubbered.....

Thank you sonic! im a little scared of buying without trying it myself....

#1933 8 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

Thank you sonic! im a little scared of buying without trying it myself....

what are the VUKs

#1935 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Vertical Up Kickers...VUK. They kick the ball up into usually a wireform ramp.

MustangPaul thank you!

also need to see if the ball dont get stuck on the ramp or on the guides
and if the flipper have the proper force....i need at least a video of the gameplay
and the guy touching every switch with hes finger

#1937 8 years ago

on the pictures i got one of the flippers has a missing/broken rubber

#1938 8 years ago

can you tell me if the right metal guide its a little bend of if its ok

12674214_10208590971802354_921040215_n_(resized).jpg12674214_10208590971802354_921040215_n_(resized).jpg

12695478_10208590969202289_1347180268_o_(resized).jpg12695478_10208590969202289_1347180268_o_(resized).jpg

#1942 8 years ago

im not in the us and i cant import the price its right and the guy told me that hes going to give it to me in working condition i saw that rust part,i can live with some aestethics issues,but need to know about the serious stuff you know what mean about the right metal guide from the ramp do you see it bendend?

#1944 8 years ago

i just like the TFTC i dont want to settle for other pin like doctor dude,the getaway or pinbot you know what i mean

#1945 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

If it's on the ramp itself, there at the bottom right side of the left ramp - mine has a little spot weld there that's broken there but it does not affect the game play.

thank you! yeah i think i saw some bend metal..the pics are not that good...

#1946 8 years ago

bc5529b97642c2c257bcdf0cdce20d4a4e6cd3d4b_(resized).jpgbc5529b97642c2c257bcdf0cdce20d4a4e6cd3d4b_(resized).jpg

#1949 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Yeah there is a tiny weld there, it gets pounded in that corner, there is a post but it doesn't stop all of the abuse. It's an easy fix with the right welder. I think you'll be able to work any kinks out. TFTC was my first, and it came with issues, that's how I got it. But being my first and only, and with the help of the forum here and other places, I had it all 100% within a few weeks. Just ask any questions you have along the way, someone should have an answer.

the thing its how would i know if i will be able to play with it,before i get it

#1952 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

With it sitting so long I hope the batteries haven't leaked. Get the wireform TIG welded, it's for fine detailed welding which is what you need for that but remember, your chrome will be shot in that spot.

what you mean short,do they cut it when they weld it?

#1954 8 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi,
I think that Paul is saying that when you get your TFTC wireform TIG welded that the chrome will no longer be present in the spot of the TIG weld. If you need to get your TFTC wireform TIG welded you may want to also have any wireform re-chromed that you had TIG welded.
Gord

Thxs Gord

have it with no chrome its just a aestethic thing or it could bring some issues after?

#1957 8 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

I'd take a Getaway in proper shape all week before that TFTC... but if you plan on getting one machine and working on restoring it, that can be pretty satisfying too.
I don't see the door handle on those pics. Be positive it has it. If not you can forget about it. I snagged one up at a crazy price on eBay and that's the only one I ever saw in the 3 years I owned the machine and was getting alerts about any TFTC pinball stuff getting posted.
To give you an idea of what you're getting yourself into, I bought one that looked about as bad as this, and many hours and many hundred bucks later it looked like that.
Off the top of my head I head I had to buy a used translite in better shape than mine, a new coin door, a new DMD , a new plastic set, new inlane plastic guides, NOS door handle, etc.
I sanded the lockdown bar and siderails and painted them with high heat motor wrinkled paint, puttied the cab and touched it up with airbrush and frisket, polished and/or tumbled all metal parts.
Probably close to a 100 hours and close to 1500$ CAD.

upload_-1_(2)_(resized).jpgupload_-1_(1)_(resized).jpgupload_-1_(resized).jpg

thank you for the advice and teh pics.why you take the getaway before the tftc because of the condition of it?

6 months later
#2182 7 years ago

hi im about to join the club can i ask for some advise on the machine im getting,what you think of it ect,the machine seems in good condition one thing that i noticed its that the lights on top of the ramps are missing along with the entry gate it does register when you hit the ramps without the gates?

#2190 7 years ago

double post

#2194 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

New translight installed , although not John's fault after Canada Post shipped it to Japan ( going on strike ... Go figure!) installed and looking spectacular !

Its that with color leds?

#2196 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I tend to use colour LEDs to match all inserts and backboard in my games... However where the colour "bleeds" I use white(NW&WW)

oh thanks

i just joined the club *noob question alert* i cant change the lenguage its on spanish i want it in english,also i changed the user message on the screen and i want it the way it was and theres a way to set teh clock on it?

thank you guys

1 week later
#2201 7 years ago

my tftc dont start the multiball on the back scoop like it used to,any ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 210.00
Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Metzu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=Metzu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.