image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gogojohnnyquack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2812 5 years ago

Have you looked underneath to see if anything is shorting when the popper is manually actuated?

1 month later
#2859 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

send Pam an email or call her to see if they can make up a few new sets of TFTC plastic protectors

I'd be in for a set. I had a ball pop up on top of the tombstone and get stuck between it and the wireform behind. It was during multi-ball, so I had to drain the other balls and wait for the ball search to lower the tombstone and continue on. Of course, I almost immediately drained.

#2869 5 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

oined the club about a month ago.what is a good mod

First and foremost you need to get the V4 ROMs, which make it a much better game and use more of the call outs.

http://www.pinballcode.com/tftc4

1 week later
#2892 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Of course! first tip is msg jakers and pick up the airball protector for the drop targets

Does anyone have a picture of this airball protector?

2 weeks later
#2935 5 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Found this piece in the cabinet. Is it part of the pf somewhere or a promo key fob?

That's a promo key fob, usually long gone. Congrats!

2 weeks later
#2960 5 years ago
Quoted from jonh:

I replaced all 3 of the transistors on the flipper board for this flipper and replaced the coil with a new one with a new diode and am still having the same issue??? Any other ideas?

You’re prolly gonna have to consult the circuit diagram and trace your problem upriver from the transistors, whatever triggers them and whatever triggers that, etc.

#2972 5 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

initially thought I had a bad motor but in test I helped it along and it started working . can't get it to work on its own now needs an adjustment maybe on the switches anybody had this issue?

I have't had the issue but this sounds like you may want to pull the motor/gearbox/tombstone assembly and clean it. Someone may have put a lubricant on it that has turned gummy.

#2977 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I don't see the green light bouncing off the topper...

The TFTC that I recently brought home appears to be a re-import originally shipped to England. It has the green inserts in the top of the head and I plan on lighting them up when I get a topper.

#2979 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

My TFTC prototype/sample now has new side rails, new lockdown bar, mirror blades and Pinstadium lighting. Keeping Drac company

Nice line up. The Pinstadiums in particular really make it proper. Did you opt for a flasher option? I am relieved to see that I am not alone in my attraction to creepy pins! My TFTC sits beside The Walking Dead Pro and I hope to slot in a BSD in the future.

#2980 5 years ago

What does your playfield and cabinet look like otherwise?

It is in pretty good condition - Surprisingly good actually. Hardly any wear at all on the Creature Feature hole but I installed a Cliffy anyway.

#2983 5 years ago

can you provide pictures. Trying to identify if your game is a certifiable prototype

Sure thing - I'll post pictures of the head inserts and production sticker/serial number next weekend. I'm out of town without a pinball machine anywhere nearby, and that sucks!

1 week later
#2995 5 years ago

can you provide pictures

cheshirefilms - Here are some pics of my TFTC for you to examine. Please let me know if there are particular areas of the machine that you would like to see and I will post those as well... I'm looking forward to your observations.

Full FrontalFull Frontal

PlayfieldPlayfield

BackglassBackglass

Green Topper InsertsGreen Topper Inserts

Production StickerProduction Sticker

4 weeks later
#3050 5 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Thanks, Definitely not buying that Mantis thing....Cliffy it is

I've got a Cliffy on mine and have never had it interfere with ball movement. If your hole is really chewed up then Cliffy does recommend rebuilding the hole before installation in order to provide a solid foundation and completely support the protector. The repair doesn't have to be pretty since you will be covering it up.

#3052 5 years ago

Does anyone's TFTC launch the ball with the left flipper button (mine does)?

#3056 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Does anyone's TFTC launch the ball with the left flipper button (mine does)?

Thanks for the replies. It was doing this the other night during a two player game. Last night it did not during my usual one player game. I'll try two players again tonight and check the wiring around the trough/shooter area.

#3060 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I tried doing this with 1 player + 2 players. The same result occurred both times.
If the ball is in the shooter lane, I can hit the left or right flipper and nothing happens. I hit both flippers together nothing happens.
I hit the flippers one at a time....left/right/left/right/left/right/left/right...and then the ball launches.

Thanks. There is a flipper ball launch option in the adjustments which launches the ball when both flippers are pushed at the same time. I turn this option off on my games.

I tried a two player game this morning and nothing unusual happened so it must be wiring under the playfield. I'll open it up tonight and see what may be going on...

#3089 5 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

How would you suggest for me to replace the connector on the harness?

Where are you located? Check the Pinsider Map for nearby owners and try to make contact with the local collector community where you will find all sorts of friendly, knowledgable, and tool-rich help!

4 weeks later
#3135 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Go with the LED - it's plug and play.

Word. LED fits easily and looks great.

1 week later
#3156 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

I in with the sub if you have any recommendations let me know, cheers.

I have a prototype speaker-level sub connection kit on my TFTC that I'm testing for Pinnovators and I believe they are going to make it into a product. They make the kits to connect about any game to a sub. They also make a multi-input box (PINsmx) with individual input levels that can connect 4 pins to one sub. I have my TFTC, TWD, and AS connected to one sub with their kits and box. They are great people and their products work and sound great!

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/

2 weeks later
#3179 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Yes.
It appears to be an electrical issue as the coil is never receiving the initial 50 volts and is only receiving the 9 volt holding power. I just don't have any idea where to look for the problem.

Have you gone through the "Solid State Flipper Circuit Troubleshooting Flowchart" on page 86 (pdf pages 118-120) of the owner's manual yet?

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2493/Data_East_1993_Tales_from_the_Crypt_Manual.pdf

2 weeks later
#3197 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I find hitting the captive ball 5 times for an extra ball very satisfying. There's just something about it...

That shot is tougher than the right ramp! I think that I've hit it a total of about 3 times since I've owned the machine.

#3203 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I actually ended up putting stern slim titan on the captive ball and right ramp. helps a bit!

Great tip, I'll add some of those to my next order - Thanks!

6 months later
#3388 4 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Has anyone done the modifications to get a Color DMD LCD to fit? Is it worth it instead of just using an LED display?

Quoted from DeathHimself:

Personally I'd go with the Color DMD LED. Nothing needed to fit and has beautiful vibrant colors. Folks have had mounted the LCD version but it will require some work.

I have an LCD that I have moved around from game to game and enjoyed. I ordered an LED for TFTC and like it much better. The vibrancy and brightness is making me wish for an LED in everything now.

#3393 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

are you guys getting you led panels from color dmd or p2dmd? Is one better then the other?

ColorDMD. I'm not familiar with p2dmd.

#3399 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

What does using the door handle to lock in a feature do? When ever I start a mode it says you can lock it in with the door handle. If you do it, a door bell sound is heard and it says feature locked

Quoted from GRB1959:

It locks in the currently lit feature on the Crypt Keeper's wheel so that value will be awarded the next time you shoot the scoop. If you don't lock in the currently lit feature it will change when you shoot any spinner.

And the red light over the shooter lane should come on to let you know that you have locked the currently lit feature.

1 week later
#3431 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Well I finally hit crypt jam tonite!! It took me nearly two years but it finally happened!!

I took mine to the NW Pinball and Arcade Show this weekend with a For Sale sign on it. Before I packed it up I got to Crypt Jam 'manually' and rocked out to the funky tunes. It was 40 minutes after the show opened that I was contacted by an interested collector, that says something about how great this game is. Good bye TFTC, it's been fun and gory. The new owners are opening up an arcade in Vancouver, BC so I'll get to visit it on occasion.

#3434 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

What do you mean by getting crypt jam "manually?" Hand fed it to crypt jam just to listen to the tunes? lol, if so that's funny.

Yeah, used a ball and my fingers to push everything. It took a while even manually!

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I feel like you'll be regretting that decision.

It was a super clean example with great cabinet art and no wear. I very much enjoyed it but when I went down to play I ended up on #the_walking_dead or Lord of the Rings . Plus, I finally have my Judge Dredd overhauled and playing, I am babysitting my buddy's Dialed In, and I have an Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure that I'm updating with LEDs, Pinstadiums, and ColorDMD for someone. It's a full house and Tales from the Crypt unfortunately had to go to make room.

1 week later
#3469 4 years ago

I have these on mine and they look terrific.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gogojohnnyquack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=Gogojohnnyquack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.