image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2420 6 years ago

New TFTC owner here - looking forward to getting it cleaned up.

Where is a good source for the 4.0 ROMs?

Does anyone happen to have a set of plastics they could sell me?

#2423 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Damon,
PM sent.
Gord

Thanks Gord - time for me to get to work!

8 months later
#2698 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Is speaker buzz/hum a normal thing for this game to have? I'm fine with a little speaker buzz but this game has a serious amount of it. It's my first Data East game so I'm just wondering.

You can find the original clips and music on pinsound.org. They sound pretty clean - much cleaner than they do from my TFTC speakers, so I'll be installing a Pinsound whenever I get around to shopping out one of my TFTCs.

#2699 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Game is all done, including eyeball ramp light covers, man we're those bulbs ugly to look at. Backboard light,side mirrors, trough light, pop bumper flasher strip mod and undercabinet lights all in.

Nice job! Good coloring on the LEDs and I like the mirror blades!

4 months later
#2882 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Pinball history imitates itself. I acquired my first pin five years ago in a trade for $600 and an old 60" tv I no longer wanted. That pin was Tales from the Crypt- and it turned out to be a prototype! I had many adventures with the game before letting it go to pay for Twilight Zone. I cut my teeth further on that game, but my first was and has always been 'the one that got away.' Today, for about the same funding as I sold it for, I have brought home another, different TFTC- and, spookily enough, this one is ALSO a prototype! See the colored hands, different doorknob head, inserts, etc. Even the text on the apron- which is total nonsense at prototype stage (collect flashing, middle spinner?)

Congrats on the re-acquisition! It’s encouraging to me that you wanted a TFTC back with all the other choices out there. I’m looking forward to getting mine up and running soon.

#2898 5 years ago

Anyone know what these wires are for? They are laying inside my cabinet near the power switch.

DFC562FD-9BEE-4D49-BDF3-C1162B6F3F19 (resized).jpegDFC562FD-9BEE-4D49-BDF3-C1162B6F3F19 (resized).jpeg
#2907 5 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

This has always done this, but I just listened to it....I get static out of right speaker, that goes with the pattern of the pf lights in attract mode.... Solution?

Speaker static is a pretty common issue for DE games. There's a whole thread regarding it somewhere.

My solution was simple...but not cheap. I installed a Pinsound board. I too wanted to get rid of any static, but the primary reason I did it was to have the entire TFTC TV intro music play on game over. I'll probably also replace the Crypt Jam track as well and I might throw in some additional crypt keeper laugh tracks to keep the one used as a sound effect from grating on me.

But honestly - just getting to hear the TFTC TV intro on game over in high fidelity with an external subwoofer is pretty incredible and well worth the $.

1 week later
#2927 5 years ago

Shout out to Modfather for the custom paint, LED critter eyes, LED lighting and a sturdier base on my topper.

D0A72532-4F2D-4FBB-BEF4-DA1C1F1419B4 (resized).jpegD0A72532-4F2D-4FBB-BEF4-DA1C1F1419B4 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2949 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

what did that cost ya?

$100

#2952 5 years ago

You could probably get some still grabs from the phenomenal CG re-rendering of the TFTC opening:

https://vimeo.com/114481333

cryptkeeper (resized).pngcryptkeeper (resized).png

#2956 5 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

Since I can't post in his original thread, I wanted to post why I love this community. I ended up selling my NOS TFTC a playfield to Sean, username TheHueManatee, after lots of internal debate. Did I really need it, when mine in my game was in really nice shape? Did I want to take the dive of shipping internationally? Answer finally was why not take the chance and help out a fellow pinsider, rather than hoard a playfield.
Anyways, the transaction had lots of challenges but we had great communication throughout and made it work even with some transit issues. I ended up being hospitalized before Sean received his playfield for a severe blood clot/pulmonary embolism. I was in the hospital for 2 straight weeks and it was a pretty depressing and lonely time for me. During that time, Sean emailed every few days and checked in with me trying to cheer me up. He also went out of his way to send a care package of Canadian food/snacks to share with the family. I've never seen my 5 kids so excited about food. He had no obligation to do anything once the transaction was over. I think it just really shows another example of how great people in this hobby are and I like to think that I have a new distant friend for life. Sorry to take up so much real estate in the thread but I wanted to express my gratitude now that I'm out of the hospital.

How very cool of him! There are a lot of good guys in this hobby. I'm happy he finally got his playfield and more importantly, I'm glad you made it out of the hospital - that must have been pretty scary.

#2971 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Can anyone suggest what kinds of paint I would need and the colors to replicate this? The wife is handy with that stuff and has agreed to do it.

I’m sure modfather would share that info if you PMd him. He’s a really nice guy.

2 weeks later
#3014 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Mike,
Nice job on your TFTC. It looks really nice.
It is good to finally see TFTC getting some love on Pinside. This is a really fun game with an excellent theme. I know some folks hate the Crypt Keeper's cackle, but I love it.
Gord

And the cackle is minimized with the latest code. If it still bothers anyone on the latest code, a Pinsound can completely eliminate it!

1 week later
#3033 5 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Is my best option finding a rottendog? Haven’t had to purchase a board yet .... haha
Also gonna NvRAM it

Send pics of the damaged areas to Clive @ CoinOp Cauldron. He’ll let you know if it’s salvagable. I would guess about $100 to repair it. The downside to Clive is the wait time ~ 3 months.

1 month later
#3134 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

For those of you that put color displays in your machines, did you go with the color LED or LCD version just curious which one you liked better and why. I'm assuming the LCD version may need a bit of tinkering to fit as where the LED version should be a direct drop in.

Go with the LED - it's plug and play. With the LCD, you have to cut the speaker panel to get it to fit properly.

4 months later
#3274 5 years ago
Quoted from Toastie:

Hi all, just replacing rubbers and installing leds and found a couple of things. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.
1- when removing the slingshot plastics I have noticed a nail in each side. Why would someone do this?
2- near the extra hole shot there is a hole in the playfield. Should there be a post here? Does anyone have a photo showing this?
[quoted image][quoted image]

The nail is supposed to be there - it’s there on mine too. It was probably a location where the ball could get stuck.

Here is a pic of the post near the spinner.

B9D3251A-354E-4EE1-9FEB-09C425C206AD (resized).jpegB9D3251A-354E-4EE1-9FEB-09C425C206AD (resized).jpeg
4 years later
#4434 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

very excited to say my pinsound project is finally getting off the ground!! while this will probably take some time, I would like to reach out to my fellow TFTC owners now and ask for suggestions as to what sound/music clips you would like to hear in the game. obviously I can't please everyone, but would love your feedback! bonus points if you can link the sound clip. I've been able to make a few changes already and it shows great promise!
Lopa koji thanks for the 3-in-1 lube idea for the spinners. they really rip now!

Just removing one of the laugh clips from target hits was a huge change when I did my Pinsound mix. I also put the HBO TFTC opening tune in my game and it was incredible.

If anyone has a HUO TFTC they want to part with - hit me up as I'm looking for one.

#4436 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

I already added the HBO TFTC opening music and also the full Crypt Jam song. When you installed your pinsound, did you upgrade the speakers aswell or are the stock ones fine? wondering if its worth it to go all out and get new speakers with the pinsound board?

Yes - I had upgraded speakers and external sub. It made a difference for sure.

#4441 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Does pin sound remove the DE hum alone, or did it plus the speaker upgrade do it?

Pinsound removed the hum with stock speakers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 64.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=Damonator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.