image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Acampero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

Hey Ed,
I ordered one but haven't gotten around to installing. Is it easy enough? Any tips?

The more I play this game the better it gets. Took me a while to understand the rules but now I love playing it. Wish the ball wouldn't fly around all the time and hit things, but other than that such a good BFYB machine.

I installed LED's in the inserts and a few in the back box and left the rest as incandescents and it looks amazing. I tried adding some LEDS to the top of the play field (ala under the slingshots) and it was too much. Made my eyes hurt. So I compromised and did all of those as incandescents.

#15 10 years ago

Nice job Jack!
Now you just need a DMD glare guard and you would be good to go.

I'm thinking about getting an alt translite. Any thoughts?

4 months later
#414 10 years ago

We need new plastics! CPR do you hear me?

#421 10 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

They're coming in 2-3 weeks.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

Who says X-Mas doesn't come early???

Merry Christmas, you wonderful old Building and Loan!

Its-a-wonderful-life.jpgIts-a-wonderful-life.jpg
#435 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Just an update. The .5 AMP fuse is blowing on the power supply. I've picked up the most common failure parts and will be installing them tonight. I have confirmed the display and cables are all good. Found 3 holders "overfused" last night. Grrrrr! Will post progress here in thread...

Good luck snyper

#436 10 years ago

Crypt keeper decided to fight back after my daughter and I were installing some LED's in the GI. Game boots but the drop targets are not registering AND the ball is not kicking into the launcher. Anyone know what fuse to check, if it is indeed a fuse that I shorted while changing bulbs?

#438 10 years ago

NPO,
I think mines doing the same thing you described on your thread below...

I start a game, and I immediately notice the targets don't "pop back up" into place. Then I see the shooter ball launch assembly and the tombstone VUK start firing - AS IF they are the flashers. The VUKS fire when the flashers should - as if the VUKs are the flasher lights. Same thing happens in the diagnostic test - when the "flasher test" starts, the ball shooter VUK and the tombstone VUK start firing in a sequential manner.

Going to try the fuses. I think it's possessed!!!!!!

#440 10 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yeah, check those two fuses. I about pulled my hair out trying to find the problem - ask my wife. Run continuity tests on your fuses (F5 and F7) with them OUT of the machine. Doing continuity tests with them in the PPB can give you a false reading (old wise tale). Be super-soft and gentle when getting fuses out, as DE fuse holders are known for being "iffy". In fact, I'd unplug my machine and let it sit a good 5 mins (makes sure all charges have dissipated), and then I'd try to get the fuses out for continuity checks. If you have a small set of microdrivers or precision drivers (both are like small jeweler screwdrivers), they would probably help you get them out.

Affirmative

#441 10 years ago

Rock it NPO!

It was the fuse. I just bumped your older thread to thank Robert as it was a fuse on the power supply board. But all is good in the Crypt Keeper land again.

Now I just need those new plastics from CPR and I'll be good.

#443 10 years ago

F6 on the Power Supply board

#445 10 years ago

That skull looks pretty cool.

I didn't mind the bulbs above the lamps once they had LEDs in them.

#454 10 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

What's up with the Creature Features after getting the Crypt Jam? On my machine, the Features no longer register. Is this normal?

I have never made it to the Crypt Jam

1 week later
#514 10 years ago

Just ordered!

3 months later
#655 10 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

Drop me a pm and I will send you this guy's info, I believe he actually laser cuts them himself,
These blades where for a Stern, but he felt they would fit and they did, had a great price too.

Thanks 80spit!
I think mirror blades would look great on this machine and SST.

#656 10 years ago

Hey guys. Had a scary moment. I was getting ball stuck and not ejecting in the trough. I found out it was one of the fuses on the PPB. Noticed some slight charring on the board and the fuse clip broke off. So I replaced it with a rottendog board PPB001.

Last night I was playing and the DMD went out. Turned off the machine and rebooted and it came back up. The kids played it for another hour with no issues.

I have a new power supply board DPS004 but haven't installed it yet.

Any thoughts on what this may be? It's scaring me and I'm afraid to play the machine. Should I install the new power supply board as a preventative measure?

#657 10 years ago

Bump-a-roni.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

#662 10 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Acampero, have you had any issues since you posted this? The DMD could just be a ribbon cable with dirty ends. I got some electrical contact cleaner and some 220 grit sandpaper and cleaned the pins that the ribbon cables plugged into. I have not had any issues with my DMD in almost 2 years since doing that.

Jack, check this thread out and see if any of these things are the cause of your shaker motor's problems D: .
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-shaker-motor-not-working

Has been fine ever since. I'm going to check the Ribbon like you said. Funny how you get sidetracked and think the worst when something goes wrong… ACK Panic Mode!

Need to apply my computer skills to troubleshooting pins.

#664 10 years ago

Its for the lamp socket that was identified in your earlier post.

Welcome to the Fang club. This pin rocks.

1 month later
#707 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Saw some comments that the cliffy on the scoop reduces the chance of successful shots, and it's true. My pin came with the cliffy installed and I removed it tonight and had a MUCH better success rate of shots into the scoop.

I noticed the same thing when I installed my Cliffy. Not sure if I am just sucking at the moment or if it is indeed reducing my shots.

1 month later
#819 9 years ago

Get a multimeter and check. I had all sorts of screwy stuff going on with my TFTC and had to replace my Playfield Power Board with a Rottendog. Since then the problems have gone away.

http://rottendog.us/PPB001.html

4 years later
#3211 5 years ago

Are most folks on here using the 4.0 ROM on their games?
I'm curious as to any cons people have come across with this updated code?

#3215 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Hi All,
Here is a link to the airball mod stopper I made. People fell all over themselves for them when I made them for Indiana Jones. I put one on my TFTC and there were NO more airballs.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70819

Awesome! Just sent you a PayPal

3 weeks later
#3235 5 years ago

I love the arrows showing the shots on the playfield! Well done. It's hard to read the rules with all the skulls and logos. Maybe tone that down a bit? Also the spiderwebs in the corners are awesome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Acampero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier?tu=Acampero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.