image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 101.
#4401 1 year ago

has anyone heard from SLAMT1LT ??? He showed us a great sound edit and disappeared??

#4402 1 year ago

I dont know. In my case, i have to be patient....before writing something wrong

#4403 1 year ago

I think he works on a bunch of games so maybe give him the benefit of the doubt!

#4404 1 year ago

Seen from that side, I admit that I was not correct. Who am I to judge when I have no knowledge in pinsound.... sorry guys

#4405 1 year ago

I just got a Tales from the Crypt machine three days ago. I am wondering if there’s any way to remove the annoying triple click and flashing lights pre start up when game is idle when they’re promoting the upcoming Tommy machine.
Or is this just something I have to live with we with?

#4406 1 year ago

Hi @Krabb ! Never heard this message. Maybe it's a custom message. have you checked in your game adjustment ADJ.33....because you could delete a custom message. Do you have your TFTC manual ?

#4407 1 year ago

But i got my TFTC last year and the mod version 4.0 was already installed so...i don’t know if this message come from another version.....

#4408 1 year ago
Quoted from Pommy:

But i got my TFTC last year and the mod version 4.0 was already installed so...i don’t know if this message come from another version.....

I'm running 4.0. There's a setting in the software to turn it on / off. Mine had it off originally, but I love that kind of attract mode stuff. Tommy is awesome too!

#4409 1 year ago
Quoted from Kraab:

I just got a Tales from the Crypt machine three days ago. I am wondering if there’s any way to remove the annoying triple click and flashing lights pre start up when game is idle when they’re promoting the upcoming Tommy machine.
Or is this just something I have to live with we with?

Yes sir. Order one of these and drop it in. All of that relay clicking is gone in an instant! I have one installed on my Batman Forever:
https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro?pli=1

#4410 1 year ago

Thanks guys for the information !!! I was not even aware of this.

#4411 1 year ago

Huh, guess someone maybe installed one of those on mine, it doesn't click or have the ad.

#4412 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Yes sir. Order one of these and drop it in. All of that relay clicking is gone in an instant! I have one installed on my Batman Forever:
https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro?pli=1

I've not seen this. Would and LED OCD board give the same result? The clicking is annoying, especially when going for the 2nd chance cyrpt multiball. It flashes and clicks until you get it or run out of time.

#4413 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I've not seen this. Would and LED OCD board give the same result? The clicking is annoying, especially when going for the 2nd chance cyrpt multiball. It flashes and clicks until you get it or run out of time.

That clicking is the relay for the lamp circuit that is controlled by it to intentionally flash. I don't think LEDOCD bypasses that. It's a feature for me.. like being in an electric chair.. lol

#4414 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

That clicking is the relay for the lamp circuit that is controlled by it to intentionally flash. I don't think LEDOCD bypasses that. It's a feature for me.. like being in an electric chair.. lol

See, this is what I thought and that the click would happen no matter what. I always just associated it with an electric chair too, ha!

#4415 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

you are absolutely right about the feature of clicking and flashing. We really find ourselves in an electric chair!! Really cool to see it that way. I have to admit my imagination wasn't over the top

#4416 1 year ago

I have another question about my tales from the crypt pin that I’m hoping somebody can help me with. I’ve heard it’s a common issue for the data East machines to have speaker hum. I believe that my machine is installed with a date east speaker hum filter. However, I can still hear the ham and it is annoying. I’ve seen posts on this issue, but they seem to be from quite a while back. Has anyone been successful in eliminating this hum? If so, I’d love to hear your advice.

#4417 1 year ago

Sorry Kraab ... my TFTC have also the famous « hum » problem BUT ... if i compare with my TEE’D OFF pinball, the tftc hum is just a light wisper versus the awfull HUM of Tee’d Off

#4418 1 year ago

My hum is acceptable .....maybe because I can't compare with another TFTC in the same room.
Maybe someone else know how to eliminate ( kill—kill !! ) the famous hum.....

#4420 1 year ago
Quoted from Kraab:

I have another question about my tales from the crypt pin that I’m hoping somebody can help me with. I’ve heard it’s a common issue for the data East machines to have speaker hum. I believe that my machine is installed with a date east speaker hum filter. However, I can still hear the ham and it is annoying. I’ve seen posts on this issue, but they seem to be from quite a while back. Has anyone been successful in eliminating this hum? If so, I’d love to hear your advice.

Check this thread out.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-speaker-noise-ideas-for-a-cure

#4421 1 year ago
Quoted from Boat:

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-east-noisehum-filter.html
You could try this but I don’t think it gets rid of it completely

It didn't make much, if any, of a noticeable difference on mine. I replaced the braided ground wire as well and no improvement. I think pinsound is the only true fix.

#4422 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

It didn't make much, if any, of a noticeable difference on mine. I replaced the braided ground wire as well and no improvement. I think pinsound is the only true fix.

I think on some Segas, some people were able to run a separate power source for the sound board which helped?

#4423 1 year ago

thank you guys for your good advice...it's really appreciated
I will take my time to check everything.

#4424 1 year ago

Hi gang! I just noticed that my right speaker emits the famous obvious hum if we compare it to the other speakers on my TFTC. In addition, this famous speaker has a more distorted, grichier sound. However, the speaker itself seems in good condition. Do you have any idea what I should do...I have a serious lack of skill in electronics

1 week later
#4425 1 year ago

Hi everyone, I'm having a new issue that I haven't experienced before that I'm hoping someone here can help me with. My problem started with the bottom right flipper sticking/not firing. the top right flipper on the same shooter button works just fine. I went in a few times and cleaned the post (and inside the solenoid) and that fixed the problem a few times. However, then it just stopped altogether. The solenoid is 090-5032-00. I was able to find what I thought was a replacement - 090-5032-OT. They look exactly the same with the diode on the outside. I replaced the old with the new and still nothing. After some trial an error, I found the 3A fuse for the flipper and it was blown. I replaced it and as soon as I start back up it blows again. I've tried this several times now and even tried wiring the solenoid both ways. Seems like power is sent to those leads even before the button is being fired. Any ideas here on what to try next? Thanks in advance.

#4426 1 year ago

Kraab sounds like the transistor for your right flipper may be toast. I would check there first.

#4427 1 year ago

Anyone that has done the black light mod, could you tell me where in the GI circuit you tapped to add an on/off toggle switch?

#4428 1 year ago
Quoted from Kraab:

Hi everyone, I'm having a new issue that I haven't experienced before that I'm hoping someone here can help me with. My problem started with the bottom right flipper sticking/not firing. the top right flipper on the same shooter button works just fine. I went in a few times and cleaned the post (and inside the solenoid) and that fixed the problem a few times. However, then it just stopped altogether. The solenoid is 090-5032-00. I was able to find what I thought was a replacement - 090-5032-OT. They look exactly the same with the diode on the outside. I replaced the old with the new and still nothing. After some trial an error, I found the 3A fuse for the flipper and it was blown. I replaced it and as soon as I start back up it blows again. I've tried this several times now and even tried wiring the solenoid both ways. Seems like power is sent to those leads even before the button is being fired. Any ideas here on what to try next? Thanks in advance.

I picked up a tftc awhile ago and it was having similar issues to what you describe. I end up finding an old service bulletin or whatever you call them and it said something about faulty flipper cabinet switches. I end up putting new ones in and it fixed my issue so far. I’ll look for it and see if I can find it.
Cheers

#4429 1 year ago

Are you referring to the flipper switches next to the solenoid?

#4430 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

I picked up a tftc awhile ago and it was having similar issues to what you describe. I end up finding an old service bulletin or whatever you call them and it said something about faulty flipper cabinet switches. I end up putting new ones in and it fixed my issue so far. I’ll look for it and see if I can find it.
Cheers

I came to this thread today with the same precise issue as Kraab, if you do have more info on that service bulletin and switch you are talking about you would be helping two people at the same time!

#4431 1 year ago
Quoted from nexfx:

I came to this thread today with the same precise issue as Kraab, if you do have more info on that service bulletin and switch you are talking about you would be helping two people at the same time!

This is the service bulletin : https://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Stern%20Service%20Bulletins/sb/sb54.pdf

It applies to flipper card(s) with model number 520-5033-03.
If you have flipper card(s) with model number 520-5076-00 you do not need to do the modifications in this service bulletin as they are already incorporated on the board.

The fix is for failing EOS switches (not flipper buttons) and makes the flippers behave even if the EOS are failing.
It is not always apparent if the EOS switches are failing or not - they may measure OK but still somehow not work properly so the older model flipper card doesn't work.

Attached is a photo I did on a card fitted in a Jurassic park.

PS. I have had the same problem occur on a Rottendog flipper card but have not tried this modification on that - not sure if it would work either as the design and components are a bit different.

2023-01-18 15.22.26 (resized).jpg2023-01-18 15.22.26 (resized).jpg

#4432 1 year ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

This is the service bulletin : https://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Stern%20Service%20Bulletins/sb/sb54.pdf
It applies to flipper card(s) with model number 520-5033-03.
If you have flipper card(s) with model number 520-5076-00 you do not need to do the modifications in this service bulletin as they are already incorporated on the board.
The fix is for failing EOS switches (not flipper buttons) and makes the flippers behave even if the EOS are failing.
It is not always apparent if the EOS switches are failing or not - they may measure OK but still somehow not work properly so the older model flipper card doesn't work.
Attached is a photo I did on a card fitted in a Jurassic park.
PS. I have had the same problem occur on a Rottendog flipper card but have not tried this modification on that - not sure if it would work either as the design and components are a bit different.
[quoted image]

Thank you so so much for this! This answered so many questions I had!

#4433 1 year ago

very excited to say my pinsound project is finally getting off the ground!! while this will probably take some time, I would like to reach out to my fellow TFTC owners now and ask for suggestions as to what sound/music clips you would like to hear in the game. obviously I can't please everyone, but would love your feedback! bonus points if you can link the sound clip. I've been able to make a few changes already and it shows great promise!

Lopa koji thanks for the 3-in-1 lube idea for the spinners. they really rip now!

#4434 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

very excited to say my pinsound project is finally getting off the ground!! while this will probably take some time, I would like to reach out to my fellow TFTC owners now and ask for suggestions as to what sound/music clips you would like to hear in the game. obviously I can't please everyone, but would love your feedback! bonus points if you can link the sound clip. I've been able to make a few changes already and it shows great promise!
Lopa koji thanks for the 3-in-1 lube idea for the spinners. they really rip now!

Just removing one of the laugh clips from target hits was a huge change when I did my Pinsound mix. I also put the HBO TFTC opening tune in my game and it was incredible.

If anyone has a HUO TFTC they want to part with - hit me up as I'm looking for one.

#4435 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Just removing one of the laugh clips from target hits was a huge change when I did my Pinsound mix. I also put the HBO TFTC opening tune in my game and it was incredible.

I already added the HBO TFTC opening music and also the full Crypt Jam song. When you installed your pinsound, did you upgrade the speakers aswell or are the stock ones fine? wondering if its worth it to go all out and get new speakers with the pinsound board?

#4436 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

I already added the HBO TFTC opening music and also the full Crypt Jam song. When you installed your pinsound, did you upgrade the speakers aswell or are the stock ones fine? wondering if its worth it to go all out and get new speakers with the pinsound board?

Yes - I had upgraded speakers and external sub. It made a difference for sure.

#4437 1 year ago

Crispy77 This is super exciting- keep us posted

#4438 1 year ago

Thank you! I was able to find the shaker test however mine is not working.

Does anyone know the proper voltage coming in before and after the circuit board?

#4439 1 year ago
Quoted from mutate:

Thank you! I was able to find the shaker test however mine is not working.
Does anyone know the proper voltage coming in before and after the circuit board?

Looks like I'm only getting 2.5v to the circuit board. I assume I need more than that to run the motor. Where does the power to circuit board come from? Wondering how to trace this backwards.

Added 14 months ago:

Actually, I'm getting 10.4v on gry-grn, about 3v on gry. I think these two wires come from the power supply? I'm not sure how I test this to see if the motor/board/or something else is bad. Any help would be appreciated.

Added 14 months ago:

Ok, I think I got it. I was doing the test wrong. I didn't realize I had to push the start button to fire the test. The Motor was stuck in a dead spot when I did. So I spun it around by hand and now it's spinning. I was also maybe not getting a good connection on the gry for some reason. Measuring on the shaker board gave me around 8v. Gry-grn gave me a constant 10.4 no matter were I measured.

So we'll see what happens now.

#4440 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Yes - I had upgraded speakers and external sub. It made a difference for sure.

Does pin sound remove the DE hum alone, or did it plus the speaker upgrade do it?

#4441 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Does pin sound remove the DE hum alone, or did it plus the speaker upgrade do it?

Pinsound removed the hum with stock speakers

#4442 1 year ago

Thanks! Can’t wait to see how Crispy77 project progresses.

#4443 1 year ago

Hey, what up everyone? Just joined the gang yesterday. She plays pretty sweet, haven't noticed any game related issues. The speakers have a nasty hum though. Does this (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/HB-001.1) work well? - or should I just opt for a pinsound replacement? Anything specific I should check or common known problems aside from the hum?

Also my machine has the alt backglass. Anyone know where I can score the original? - not just the translite.

Cheers!

#4444 1 year ago

It didn't make much, if any, of a noticeable difference in mine unfortunately.

There's a method of giving the sound board it's own dedicated power source that is discussed in this thread that you could look into.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-speaker-noise-ideas-for-a-cure

#4445 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

It didn't make much, if any, of a noticeable difference in mine unfortunately.
There's a method of giving the sound board it's own dedicated power source that is discussed in this thread that you could look into.

Good thread, thanks.

Another question:
Mine is running 4.00 unofficial, released in September 2015. I think it's this: https://www.pinballcode.com/tftc4
What's the consensus here? Do people generally go official or are the majority running this? (I like to share my score on pindigo)

#4446 1 year ago
Quoted from gregcube:

Good thread, thanks.
Another question:
Mine is running 4.00 unofficial, released in September 2015. I think it's this: https://www.pinballcode.com/tftc4
What's the consensus here? Do people generally go official or are the majority running this? (I like to share my score on pindigo)

You are running what's often referred to as the "Chad code". It's what you want. Besides the rule adjustments detailed at that link, the changes to the audio are huge. If you look at the reviews on TFTC you'll see a lot of complaints about the annoying Crypt Keeper laugh, this code fixes that. I've never ran the original code and haven't heard of anyone looking to go backwards.

#4447 1 year ago
Quoted from gregcube:

Good thread, thanks.
Another question:

the consensus is that "Chad H 4.0 unofficial" is the best code to date for TFTC.

#4448 1 year ago

Chad code is a must imo

#4449 1 year ago

Another vote for Chad’s version being the best.

#4450 1 year ago

Best place to get a loaded chip of Chad's version?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 64.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/89 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.