Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220921_211832 (resized).jpg
20220921_190513 (resized).jpg
0FB80009-1AAF-4BB0-95D9-687B2BDB5558 (resized).jpeg
20210921_175145 (resized).jpg
CF3A15C0-70E5-4599-9649-3CB6C45623ED (resized).jpeg
A3D4BC8C-7B71-41B2-BC2E-BF101439D582 (resized).jpeg
tales-from-the-crypt-green-black-pinball-cabinet-decals-flipper-side-art-700x700 (resized).jpg
IMG-20220803-WA0056 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20220803-WA0105 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20220803-WA0067 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20220803-WA0068 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20220803-WA0039 (resized).jpg
IMG-20220803-WA0038 (resized).jpg
IMG-20220803-WA0035 (resized).jpg
IMG-20220803-WA0034 (resized).jpg
IMG-20220803-WA0033 (resized).jpg

There are 4,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 87.
#4301 33 days ago
Quoted from koji:

What are you coming from?
For sure, Late DE / Sega / Modern Stern, all should feel mostly the same for flipper power etc.. since they are essentially the same lineage and design.
It's a very responsive and 'strong' flipper for sure.

Playing lot of godzilla and halloween recently. The flippers just feel like they slap so much harder than those machines, very solid feeling

#4302 33 days ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Playing lot of godzilla and halloween recently. The flippers just feel like they slap so much harder than those machines, very solid feeling

Possible someone juiced them up.. you could check if the coils are OE spec I guess. All things being equal, and in good service, they should feel similar to GZ.

Other options are high coil power configured in the menu.. also possible to have the GZ coil power turned down, typically I adjust Stern coils down a fair amount to avoid power loss with heat etc.

#4303 30 days ago

Hey all- just joined the club- Bought a TFTC that needed a good clean/teardown/wax - she is turning out to be a beauty-- I am getting the pinball missing error- I do have 6 balls in the trough, all trough switches 1-7 register in switch test mode. 50 % of the time all 6 register- no problem- the VUK registers as well- Just wondering if you guys have any suggestions- Thank you

#4304 30 days ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Hey all- just joined the club- Bought a TFTC that needed a good clean/teardown/wax - she is turning out to be a beauty-- I am getting the pinball missing error- I do have 6 balls in the trough, all trough switches 1-7 register in switch test mode. 50 % of the time all 6 register- no problem- the VUK registers as well- Just wondering if you guys have any suggestions- Thank you

What do you mean 50% of the time all 6 register?

#4305 30 days ago

koji Bad wording on my part- the switches always register when I preform a switch test. When I start a game and the ball drains, the game does not register that the ball has returned to the trough about half of the time-

#4306 30 days ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

koji Bad wording on my part- the switches always register when I preform a switch test. When I start a game and the ball drains, the game does not register that the ball has returned to the trough about half of the time-

Hmm, Is it still the original trough micro switches? I would guess that it could be an adjustment there, but TBH, I think most just upgrade to the opto-switch trough now. Much more reliable... and this is a problematic area for sure.

#4307 30 days ago

koji ya they are probably the OGs- I think I will just upgrade to the opto

#4308 30 days ago

@koja now just need to find where to buy the opto

#4309 28 days ago

Hey all- Feels like my pop bumpers don't really pop that hard- not sure how to word it exactly- My slings were a little weak too- I upped the coil power in menu- Slings feel a little stronger- but pops arent really popping like I think they should- Is this normal ? Or maybe I need to do a dreaded pop bumper rebuild?

1 week later
#4310 20 days ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Hey all- I just joined the club! I need to buy new legs- I believe they are supposed to be 28.5 "? Will Bally williams legs fit? Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated. Thank you

I kept forgetting to reply to this, but I like my Crypt to play fast. With all 4 legs 28 1/2" the back legs were up to the top end of the levelers to give me what I wanted. It appears PBL only sells 30 1/2 krinkle legs in sets of 4, but I found that TWISTED QUARTER down here in Florida sells singles for $13.99 and grabbed 2 of those. He's got a lot of other well priced pin/vid supplies as well.

https://twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=82_257&products_id=1239

Now my back legs are only almost half way up the leveler and I'm happy with the speed at which the game plays, and I can still make it up the ramps no prob.

#4311 20 days ago

miracleman I just ordered! getting my TFTC fine tuned and absolutely loving that game- After doing a top down strip and clean (this baby was sitting unused for years) it cleaned up very nice- I am still messing with ball trough issues (going to replace the switches). I added color DMD as well... This is a seriously fun game with great shots-

#4312 20 days ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

miracleman I just ordered! getting my TFTC fine tuned and absolutely loving that game- After doing a top down strip and clean (this baby was sitting unused for years) it cleaned up very nice- I am still messing with ball trough issues (going to replace the switches). I added color DMD as well... This is a seriously fun game with great shots-

yeah.. it feels like a passion project from the development team. Such great mode implementation, and the sheer number of them adds variety. I feel the dot animations on it are my favourite as well.

#4313 20 days ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

TFTC is a very underrated game. The campy horror theme is classic and timeless.

I know that the Crypt Keeper's cackle annoys the hell out of some people, but as a fan of the TFTC television series I find it entertaining.

Gord

#4314 20 days ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

TFTC is a very underrated game. The campy horror theme is classic and timeless.
I know that the Crypt Keeper's cackle annoys the hell out of some people, but as a fan of the TFTC television series I find it entertaining.
Gord

Yeah.. I'm using chad rom which apparently minimized the repetition of it a bit. But agree, never bugged me at all.. I like it.

I have a D&D which also has a cackling.. (wizard). Kind of funny when they both cackle.

#4315 20 days ago

I was a big fan of the show as a teenager in the early 90s, and do remember playing TFTC at the Big red barn arcade in Eastham, MA as a teenager. I was happy to find this TFTC that was in great shape- I also installed the CHAD code (amazing) and my daughter thinks the crypt keepers cackling is funny-

#4316 20 days ago

I think the same artist did the 'scratchy' pf art on LAH, LW3 and others where it doesn't look that great, but on TFTC it's absolutely perfect!

MM

#4317 20 days ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:miracleman I just ordered!

Just tuck the original two back legs in a closet so that a hundred years from now some dumb mutant will be able to choose one way or the other...

MM

#4318 19 days ago

I'm needing to replace a DMD and I've been struggling between picking this game or Ghostbusters for colordmd replacement.

#4319 19 days ago

Nightmare I can't speak to Ghostbusters- but Changing out to color on the Tales made a huge difference to me- Absolutely love the Gorey and funny animations in color- I have out color DMD in my Getaway as well, But in terms of impact and look The color DMD on tales from the crypt color dmd would be a must have in my personal opinion-

#4320 18 days ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I'm needing to replace a DMD and I've been struggling between picking this game or Ghostbusters for colordmd replacement.

Tough call. Have TFTC I’m a bit biased to it, everything on it looks great. But, Ghostbusters looks fantastic as well. I’ve not gotten as far in that as I have in TFTC so haven’t seen all the animations. Whichever you get, don’t get the LED ColorDMD that smooths all the images.

#4321 17 days ago

Hey all. Looks like there was a hack job where the gravestone motor is under my playfield. It is not operation and I noticed two yellow wires coming out of the motor that were duct taped to the connector. Can anyone help and provide me with some direction on this ? Thank you

0FB80009-1AAF-4BB0-95D9-687B2BDB5558 (resized).jpeg
#4322 16 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:Whichever you get, don’t get the LED ColorDMD that smooths all the images.

I think you meant to say 'don't get the LCD that smoothes all the images'. LED just changes the dot colors and to me looks the best. LCD can imitate the dots but never looks right to me.
To each their own!

MM

#4323 11 days ago

First night trying to repaint this side! Gotta go out and get a better color match for the whites, blue and blacks. But it's a start!

20220921_190513 (resized).jpg20220921_211832 (resized).jpg
#4324 11 days ago
Quoted from Waffles:

First night trying to repaint this side! Gotta go out and get a better color match for the whites, blue and blacks. But it's a start!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#4325 11 days ago
Quoted from koji:

Looks great!

Thank you!

#4326 11 days ago
Quoted from Waffles:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I agree, looks good so far. Can you share the best match colors you've found once you're done?

#4327 11 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I agree, looks good so far. Can you share the best match colors you've found once you're done?

Will do! Should hopefully have some time this weekend to get it done and figure out the last of the paints.

#4328 9 days ago

I've been wanting a TFTC for a long time. I live in Iowa, so if anyone in the midwest is looking to sell, or knows someone who is, let me know!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Canton, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
There are 4,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 87.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!