image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 101.
#4251 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

It's odd to me that the machine plunges with no ball in the shooter lane.
Could you check the make sure the switch in the shooter lane is open? (on the bottom side of the shooter lane switch, that wire should close a switch when it is pressed down, but when it is up and the lane is empty, the switch should be open).

I fixed, A fuse clip no longer makes contact On power supply. Now I just have to replace it thanks
Thanks

#4252 1 year ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Could be a dozen things, are you adept at any sort of troubleshooting/repair? If not you need to find someone close to you to come help you. If you have fixed pins before my first guesses would be kojis suggestion on the launch switch, then would be switches/opto/wiring in the ball trough, then transistors on boards in the backbox. Pinwiki is a good basic database for figuring out problems and learning basics.

I fixed, A fuse clip no longer makes contact On power supply. Now I just have to replace it
Thanks

#4254 1 year ago

Rock on! Thanks for posting this. I've been on the search for one for about two years. I was going to get one from Pinball.Center Group order but was told it would never survive the shipment without getting destroyed. Looking forward to finally getting this on my machine.

#4255 1 year ago

It's the topper, for those wondering

tftc topper (resized).jpgtftc topper (resized).jpg
#4256 1 year ago

I’ve been looking around and I think I may have a prototype version. Found these green inserts in the backbox, and my playfield has Goblins misspelled “Gobblins” in front of the left ramp. Anyone hook up lights in here? I’m thinking about running a setup to light the topper but not sure where to plug it into. Thanks!

C8A9D400-CA17-45D6-B77E-BA7E087D709C (resized).jpegC8A9D400-CA17-45D6-B77E-BA7E087D709C (resized).jpeg
#4257 1 year ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

I’ve been looking around and I think I may have a prototype version. Found these green inserts in the backbox, and my playfield has Goblins misspelled “Gobblins” in front of the left ramp. Anyone hook up lights in here? I’m thinking about running a setup to light the topper but not sure where to plug it into. Thanks!
[quoted image]

That's awesome.

Def. a prototype according to IPDB:
------
Pictured in the listing is a backbox with five green inserts on the top. There were no lamps or other special lights mounted inside to shine through these inserts. We asked designer John Borg if special lighting was intended and if any of these backboxes made it into production. He replied:

I believe I had some GI and flash in the backbox. It would cast a haze on the big molded topper. Costed out (was eliminated) before production. I had one of the early 30 or so prototypes and don’t remember if my game had these inserts added to the top of the backbox or not. I’m thinking not. [The game pictured] must have been an engineering sample they sold.
----------

For the topper, I think most are lit with a simple led strip.

#4258 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I bought a piece of u channel from Home Depot and put a led strip in the channel and mounted inside the head under those green inserts.
Lights up the topper awesome.

#4259 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I bought a piece of u channel from Home Depot and put a led strip in the channel and mounted inside the head under those green inserts.
Lights up the topper awesome.

Nice, mine also has these and I’m curious, how many of these were made?

#4260 1 year ago

Hey guys. My pin came with no topper, so I just got a repro topper from Marcospec. There's no mounting hardware. How were these originally mounted? I see an L bracket won't work because the backside is hollow. Thanks

#4261 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Hey guys. My pin came with no topper, so I just got a repro topper from Marcospec. There's no mounting hardware. How were these originally mounted? I see an L bracket won't work because the backside is hollow. Thanks

Just screwed in through the topper. Very basic.

#4262 1 year ago

2pcs of 3M car molding tape does the trick if you don’t want to drill anything.

#4263 1 year ago

I used strong Velcro 2” strips. Stays fine without making holes.

#4264 1 year ago

I used strong Velcro 2” strips. Stays fine without making holes.

Same here.

#4265 1 year ago

If you decide to send yours to Modfather for the LEDs, lighting in the eyes, and the paintjob, he provides adhesive too. Just saying in case you plan to so you don't buy some and then don't use it.

1 week later
#4266 1 year ago

Ive noticed something during gameplay that’s strange. The right u-turn ramp sets off the four left ramp score groups. The first one “Lets Go Shopping!” With the zombies always seems to go off before Ive collected the five loops on the left ramp. Is that the way it’s supposed to go? Thanks!

#4267 1 year ago

Ive noticed something during gameplay that’s strange. The right u-turn ramp sets off the four left ramp score groups. The first one “Lets Go Shopping!” With the zombies always seems to go off before Ive collected the five loops on the left ramp. Is that the way it’s supposed to go? Thanks!

Not sure what you mean exactly.

There are some S/W adjustments for this.. I'm running chad rom so there may be some differences,.. but TBH, if you are not I would strongly recommend this update!

Collecting the four left hand items: Rats, Goblins, Ghosts, Bats should advance the right frenzy mode one level.
The right frenzy level on my default setting for chad rom, will start in "Living dead", with each new ball. If you collect it, then none will be lit.

Should be pretty straightforward, I think adjustments can allow you to keep progress on these ramps, but I like resetting the right ramp, so Play the Organ is quite difficult to achieve.

#4268 1 year ago

Hi all, just installed Tales From The Crypt Unofficial v.4.00 cpu and display roms and my background sound keeps randomly cutting out during gameplay? Sometimes it comes back on but usually it takes a ball to drain and then sound is back for the next ball and may or may not stay on. Anyone else have this happen?

What can I check to make sure sound board is working proper? thanks

#4269 1 year ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Hi all, just installed Tales From The Crypt Unofficial v.4.00 cpu and display roms and my background sound keeps randomly cutting out during gameplay? Sometimes it comes back on but usually it takes a ball to drain and then sound is back for the next ball and may or may not stay on. Anyone else have this happen?
What can I check to make sure sound board is working proper? thanks

I also had sound problems after upgrading to 4.0.
For example the sound in the match sequence was not working right.
My Problem was fixed by upgrading sound ROMs as well. There seem to be older incompatible sound ROMs in some machines.
See also my older post.

#4270 1 year ago

Can someone please tell me the height of a TFTC leg, not including the leveler? I think mine are wrong.

#4271 1 year ago

Can someone please tell me the height of a TFTC leg, not including the leveler? I think mine are wrong.

28.5"

1 week later
#4272 1 year ago

Can anyone take a photo of what is going on behind the drop targets? Mine had a rubber across the posts and it’s causing a lot of air balls. Not so sure this is supposed to be there? Thanks in advance!

4C6DE7CA-7425-4A73-95AA-D72F45C660AF (resized).jpeg4C6DE7CA-7425-4A73-95AA-D72F45C660AF (resized).jpeg
#4273 1 year ago

Can anyone take a photo of what is going on behind the drop targets? Mine had a rubber across the posts and it’s causing a lot of air balls. Not so sure this is supposed to be there? Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]

WELCOME TO TFTC !!!
Rubber is correct.
Search 'airball stopper' in this thread, usually someone makes a batch to sell, I have the longer one, but will get a shorter one next time. You should also have a red plastic that wraps around the lower 3rd of the pop bumper.
20220725_140801 (resized).jpg20220725_140801 (resized).jpg

20220725_141549 (resized).jpg20220725_141549 (resized).jpg

#4274 1 year ago

Here's my earlier post talking about needing taller posts after adding airball stopper etc.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/76#post-5867761

#4275 1 year ago

Airball protector is available from this Pinside store, along with the red plastic you are missing -

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1296-mad-czar-games/04565-tales-from-the-crypt-airball-protection-plastic-mod

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#4276 1 year ago

Was doing some under the PF work on my machine to install Cliffys, and now the crypt multiball is a 3 ball instead of a 4 ball. I did go into the diag menu to test some switches. Is this a menu setting or is it a sensor issue?

I actually don’t mind the 3 ball but guests love the 4.

#4277 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Was doing some under the PF work on my machine to install Cliffys, and now the crypt multiball is a 3 ball instead of a 4 ball. I did go into the diag menu to test some switches. Is this a menu setting or is it a sensor issue?
I actually don’t mind the 3 ball but guests love the 4.

What a revolting development.. CRYPT multiball should only be 3 balls. 2 auto launched, and the third returned from the crypt by the right VUK. There is a very short ball save, or maybe you were getting an AAB from the captive? or of course, on monster jackpot AAB.

#4278 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

What a revolting development.. CRYPT multiball should only be 3 balls. 2 auto launched, and the third returned from the crypt by the right VUK. There is a very short ball save, or maybe you were getting an AAB from the captive?

Woah! We definitely were getting 4 ball immediately at activation of the mode since I acquired the game. Maybe I fixed a sensor in the ball trough causing this? Like I said, it was a bit much so I wasn’t too mad. Great to know it’s not a new issue.

#4279 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Woah! We definitely were getting 4 ball immediately at activation of the mode since I acquired the game. Maybe I fixed a sensor in the ball trough causing this? Like I said, it was a bit much so I wasn’t too mad. Great to know it’s not a new issue.

Well.. Trough issues don't fix themselves for long.. So you might get that 4th ball again soon.

#4280 1 year ago

Just finished modding up a Tftc, the green pros done by Colin look amazing really pop! So pleased with how it's turned out

IMG-20220803-WA0030 (resized).jpgIMG-20220803-WA0030 (resized).jpgIMG-20220803-WA0032 (resized).jpgIMG-20220803-WA0032 (resized).jpgIMG-20220803-WA0033 (resized).jpgIMG-20220803-WA0033 (resized).jpgIMG-20220803-WA0034 (resized).jpgIMG-20220803-WA0034 (resized).jpgIMG-20220803-WA0035 (resized).jpgIMG-20220803-WA0035 (resized).jpgIMG-20220803-WA0038 (resized).jpgIMG-20220803-WA0038 (resized).jpgIMG-20220803-WA0039 (resized).jpgIMG-20220803-WA0039 (resized).jpgIMG-20220803-WA0056 (resized).jpegIMG-20220803-WA0056 (resized).jpegIMG-20220803-WA0067 (resized).jpegIMG-20220803-WA0067 (resized).jpegIMG-20220803-WA0068 (resized).jpegIMG-20220803-WA0068 (resized).jpegIMG-20220803-WA0098 (resized).jpegIMG-20220803-WA0098 (resized).jpegIMG-20220803-WA0105 (resized).jpegIMG-20220803-WA0105 (resized).jpeg
#4281 1 year ago

I love the color green..(even my eyes are green). not here though..different strokes understood though. yes it really pops.

#4282 1 year ago
Quoted from scottydoesntknow:

Just finished modding up a Tftc, the green pros done by Colin look amazing really pop! So pleased with how it's turned out

oh Bravo!

Hmm.. I'd be wary of those plastic leg protectors.. I think the smaller metal ones might better prevent the cab decals from bunching.. but I'd be curious what others think?

Wondering if maybe the green decal set and alternate translite (less colour clash) would really bring it together on the outside?

On the fence about those protectors.. I really like how they give the glowing green edge.. but they wash out the colours on the inside.

How did you find the blade installation... I have yet to do mine.. I'm sure I'll need to use anti-tac as if anyone can screw up a sticker, it is me for some reason.

tales-from-the-crypt-green-black-pinball-cabinet-decals-flipper-side-art-700x700 (resized).jpgtales-from-the-crypt-green-black-pinball-cabinet-decals-flipper-side-art-700x700 (resized).jpg
#4283 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Wondering if maybe the green decal set and alternate translite (less colour clash) would really bring it together on the outside?
[quoted image]

I like those.

#4284 1 year ago

Looks good! I plan to get mine coated on the gold leaf, like someone else has done in this thread. To match the door knocker. Still debating if having that coated as well is a good idea or not.

#4285 1 year ago

Picked up a nice tftc from a friend but it has a couple bugs. It keeps blowing a flipper fuse and gonna start looking into that. Previous owner replaced the original flipper board with a rottendog I believe. As I was looking it over I see these connectors unplugged in the front right corner of the machine. What are they? Am I missing something they plug into?

A3D4BC8C-7B71-41B2-BC2E-BF101439D582 (resized).jpegA3D4BC8C-7B71-41B2-BC2E-BF101439D582 (resized).jpegCF3A15C0-70E5-4599-9649-3CB6C45623ED (resized).jpegCF3A15C0-70E5-4599-9649-3CB6C45623ED (resized).jpeg
#4286 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Picked up a nice tftc from a friend but it has a couple bugs. It keeps blowing a flipper fuse and gonna start looking into that. Previous owner replaced the original flipper board with a rottendog I believe. As I was looking it over I see these connectors unplugged in the front right corner of the machine. What are they? Am I missing something they plug into?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Again, those connectors are for printer devices that companies wanted
for a hard copy of the games statuses. Back in the 1990's data accumulation
was all the rage. Today, most of the corporate family funzones/arcades are out of business.

#4287 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Again, those connectors are for printer devices that companies wanted
for a hard copy of the games statuses. Back in the 1990's data accumulation
was all the rage. Today, most of the corporate family funzones/arcades are out of business.

Thanks very much. I am going to read through the club chat fully but haven’t made it that far yet.

#4288 1 year ago

FunFact:
Data East LW3 is the first pinball with the new dollar bill
cut coin door. Data East was always nipping at Williams heels
for new implementation of operator needs. Williams would then
sue Data East for copyright violation of using "Video Mode"

1 week later
#4289 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Encore une fois, ces connecteurs sont destinés aux périphériques d'impression que les entreprises recherchaient
pour une copie papier des statuts des jeux. Dans les années 1990, l'accumulation de données
faisait fureur. Aujourd'hui, la plupart des funzones / arcades familiales d'entreprise sont en faillite.

ok thank you, do you know how it works?
What can we do with it?

#4290 1 year ago

I’m looking to plug in a topper of the Cryptkeeper that I’ve had since the 90’s but since there’s no service outlet in the pin, can anyone suggest where I could splice in an outlet? I’d want it to turn on when I power up the machine. Thanks in advance!

#4291 1 year ago

I’m looking to plug in a topper of the Cryptkeeper that I’ve had since the 90’s but since there’s no service outlet in the pin, can anyone suggest where I could splice in an outlet? I’d want it to turn on when I power up the machine. Thanks in advance!

Should be able to tap the gi from the Backbox lamps. This way it will flicker as well.

#4292 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Should be able to tap the gi from the Backbox lamps. This way it will flicker as well.

the piece I want to plug in is the old Cryptkeeper statue with the flickering candle. It’s a wall plug so I don’t think I can pull 12v off the GI to power it.

#4293 1 year ago

the piece I want to plug in is the old Cryptkeeper statue with the flickering candle. It’s a wall plug so I don’t think I can pull 12v off the GI to power it.

Ahh.. That's odd there is no service outlet? I thought there was one on the right side bottom of the cab? Mine has one IIRC.

Preferably tho, I presume you'd want to splice off the main after the power switch so it is not on when the machine is off.

#4294 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Ahh.. That's odd there is no service outlet? I thought there was one on the right side bottom of the cab? Mine has one IIRC.
Preferably tho, I presume you'd want to splice off the main after the power switch so it is not on when the machine is off.

None present on mine, How can I add it?
IIRC ? what is it?

20210921_175145 (resized).jpg20210921_175145 (resized).jpg
#4295 1 year ago
Quoted from Suteiben:

None present on mine, How can I add it?
IIRC ? what is it?[quoted image]

Yeah, should be a socket where the square cut-out is.

Easy enough to add, basically just a receptacle from that line-in AC you have opened up there.

#4296 1 year ago

Mine has a service outlet on the right side. It is always on. I plug my DIY PF lights into it and control the power to the machine with a smart outlet so that the PF lights turn on/off with the machine.

If you dont want to install an outlet in it, I'd use two smart plugs. Then setup a rule so if the plug for the machine gets powered on, the plug for the topper does as well. Might be more than you're looking to tackle if you dont have any type of home automation already, but with a $25 Alexa acting as the smart hub this could easily be done.

1 week later
#4297 1 year ago

Hey all- I just joined the club! I need to buy new legs- I believe they are supposed to be 28.5 "? Will Bally williams legs fit? Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated. Thank you

#4298 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Hey all- I just joined the club! I need to buy new legs- I believe they are supposed to be 28.5 "? Will Bally williams legs fit? Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated. Thank you

28.5" is correct. Not sure about the BW legs.

#4299 1 year ago

haven't played in a while but after all the new machines, going back to this game.... so it's common and normal that TFTC flippers just feel like they are just blasting away at the balls with incredible power? The flippers just feel so strong in this beast, I forgot how strong it kicks, makes me wonder is it supposed to strike so hard?

#4300 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

haven't played in a while but after all the new machines, going back to this game.... so it's common and normal that TFTC flippers just feel like they are just blasting away at the balls with incredible power? The flippers just feel so strong in this beast, I forgot how strong it kicks, makes me wonder is it supposed to strike so hard?

What are you coming from?

For sure, Late DE / Sega / Modern Stern, all should feel mostly the same for flipper power etc.. since they are essentially the same lineage and design.

It's a very responsive and 'strong' flipper for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
9,000 (OBO)
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 18.95
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.