image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 101.
#4201 2 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Swede:

I can record how its sounds on a pinsound board in my TFTC

That would be great. Can he load it onto the Pinsound forum for official download?

#4202 2 years ago

Looks like Pinball Center has the door handle latch back in stock. Shipping is insane per usual PC and it looks like the only way around it is a group buy? Others have done it for different parts. Anyone interested?

#4203 2 years ago
Quoted from WolfgangBC:

I now had a look.
At my TFTC the wires from the shooter lane bulb are YE/RD and VT. They are connected to the bulb with two AMP 2.8mm Plugs and then go to the front left side and are connected to a two pin connector via a Z-link.
On the back side, I have nothing like your wires. There are two bulbs with white covers at the back of the playfield, that seem to have the same wire colors like yours. But at my machine they are connected to a 9 pin connector.
Hope this helps.
(sorry, my machine is not cleaned yet. But it has little wear and works 100%)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you very much for getting these photos, definitely helps a lot. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#4204 2 years ago

I've entered the crypt!

tftc (resized).jpgtftc (resized).jpg
#4205 2 years ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I've entered the crypt!
[quoted image]

Looks super clean!

#4206 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Looks super clean!

Thanks, extremely happy with the buy!
Playfield and Translite are practically 10/10, there is some wear at the scoop.
Cabinet has a few nicks but overall very good , 8/10 (original door knocker handle included)
Has full LEDs and ColorDMD (as pictured).

I've got Mezel Mods speaker lights to add. I'm wondering if anyone has added their interactive back playfield lighting? If so, can you share a video of it in action. Thinking about adding that, or at least their standard back PF lighting.

Also looking to order cliffy's. Going to for sure add to the scoop and the shooting lane. All the gates are good (I think RT and LT ramps are actually cliffy's already). Wondering if the optional cliffy's offered are suggested as well (drops and switches, guillotine edge, graveyard edge)? All those areas are perfect currently, is wear on them really a concern?

#4207 2 years ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Thanks, extremely happy with the buy!
Playfield and Translite are practically 10/10, there is some wear at the scoop.
Cabinet has a few nicks but overall very good , 8/10 (original door knocker handle included)
Has full LEDs and ColorDMD (as pictured).
I've got Mezel Mods speaker lights to add. I'm wondering if anyone has added their interactive back playfield lighting? If so, can you share a video of it in action. Thinking about adding that, or at least their standard back PF lighting.
Also looking to order cliffy's. Going to for sure add to the scoop and the shooting lane. All the gates are good (I think RT and LT ramps are actually cliffy's already). Wondering if the optional cliffy's offered are suggested as well (drops and switches, guillotine edge, graveyard edge)? All those areas are perfect currently, is wear on them really a concern?

There are different sizes in cliffy type protection for the scoop. I got the slimmer one that does not cover to much playfield artwork. Some are very large and cover some of the lettering which drives me crazy. There is an internal one also that people like.

I got the alternate translite and I love it on mine.

ebay.com link: Tales from the Crypt Pinball Alternate Translite

#4208 2 years ago

Is this the right place to order Cliffy's from?
http://www.passionforpinball.com/tftc.htm

I only see on option in regard to size. For my scoop I definitely need the external one, as there is a little divot that I'm going to fill and then cover. The optional ones I mentioned, I don't like how they cover the art either but it doesn't look too bad in the pics there at the bottom of that page.

I actually love the original translite, although that alternative is very cool. Was a fan of the original graphic novels/comics and the original hits high on the nostalgic meter for me.

#4209 2 years ago

Are these the extended side rails I've seen some using here? I have some wear below my original side rails that I'd like to cover.

https://www.pinballlife.com/black-button-guard-side-rails-for-stern.html

#4210 2 years ago

I was cleaning my playfield the other day and noticed the four decals in front of the left ramp. Mine says “Gobblins”, not spelled Goblins. Anyone else have this misspelled? I couldn’t seem to find anything on it.

#4211 2 years ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Is this the right place to order Cliffy's from?
http://www.passionforpinball.com/tftc.htm
I only see on option in regard to size. For my scoop I definitely need the external one, as there is a little divot that I'm going to fill and then cover. The optional ones I mentioned, I don't like how they cover the art either but it doesn't look too bad in the pics there at the bottom of that page.
I actually love the original translite, although that alternative is very cool. Was a fan of the original graphic novels/comics and the original hits high on the nostalgic meter for me.

This alternate translight is the best in terms of graphic novels…. Also mine has the correct spelling for goblins

27C528BF-5591-46BD-B8A8-E776D24E9E0E (resized).jpeg27C528BF-5591-46BD-B8A8-E776D24E9E0E (resized).jpeg88E1FF07-BC53-4340-B0F4-DF0C05B86CBC (resized).jpeg88E1FF07-BC53-4340-B0F4-DF0C05B86CBC (resized).jpeg
#4212 2 years ago

Been seeing some crazy prices on this excellent game..

275788092_690536958906272_5786629095159460780_n (resized).jpg275788092_690536958906272_5786629095159460780_n (resized).jpg
#4213 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Been seeing some crazy prices on this excellent game..[quoted image]

Def undervalued in general.

That's an Australian price from the look of it... So tough to compare.

Regardless I'm glad I locked mine in!

#4214 2 years ago

Does anyone happen to have a used crypt playfield that they are willing to part with? Mylar removal did not go well on mine. So one with less wear would possibly work

#4215 2 years ago

Added some DIY playfield lights, and then proceeded to beat my high score. Also added chrome caps to my pop bumpers from metal-mods.

38B25192-03A6-4BEF-BF3B-435E7BD1A06B (resized).jpeg38B25192-03A6-4BEF-BF3B-435E7BD1A06B (resized).jpegFD54649D-71B2-44D6-BA67-58AECF15C520 (resized).jpegFD54649D-71B2-44D6-BA67-58AECF15C520 (resized).jpeg

#4216 2 years ago

Anyone have the crypt light that’s advertised here on Pinside? Kinda pricey but seems like it will really help highlight that target. Debating color choice, my crypt lights are purple.

#4217 2 years ago

Can someone verify if the TFTC apron is the same as Rock & Bullwinkle. Attached pic is the bottom side of an R&B apron. Thanks

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4218 2 years ago
Quoted from cmf:

Can someone verify if the TFTC apron is the same as Rock & Bullwinkle. Attached pic is the bottom side of an R&B apron. Thanks
[quoted image]

This is the bottom of TFTC apron.
-I see your R&B apron has a run of plastic to control ball eject into shooter lane.
-TFTC apron does not have some of the structural support R&B apron does above ball feed area.
-TFTC apron does not have feed gate your R&B does.
-Does your apron have a hole for left lane kick back?
My pic doesn't show it either but it's there.

BTW, my shooter lane bulb is turned around on purpose to light the TFTC lane plastic.
I cut a half-circle notch in apron to pic-right (left in reality) of the bulb to feed the wire.
20220402_221902 (resized).jpg20220402_221902 (resized).jpg

#4219 2 years ago

Thanks miracleman

3 weeks later
#4220 1 year ago

Can someone post a picture of how their left ramp looks where the wireform meets the sheet metal? I'll frequently get a ball stuck there where this transition is.

20220422_021055028_iOS (2) (resized).jpg20220422_021055028_iOS (2) (resized).jpg
#4221 1 year ago
20220428_091135 (resized).jpg20220428_091135 (resized).jpg
#4222 1 year ago

Thank you! So it looks like the wire form is either right at the edge of the sheet metal ramp, or even below it. Can you confirm which one? I cant tell 100% If you take a look at mine above, its clear that theres a big issue.

20220427_021918367_iOS (2)_LI (resized).jpg20220427_021918367_iOS (2)_LI (resized).jpg
#4223 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Thank you! So it looks like the wire form is either right at the edge of the sheet metal ramp, or even below it. Can you confirm which one? I cant tell 100% If you take a look at mine above, its clear that theres a big issue.[quoted image]

Yeah, someone installed the ramp incorrectly, those habitrail guides should slide under the ramp, kind of slotted in.

#4224 1 year ago

Thank you both. Will take a close look at what I need to remove and reinstall to correct it. It doesn't happen all the time, but man is frustrating when it does and you are on a good run. I was finally able to get my initials on the board last night after having the game for about a month!

#4225 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Thank you both. Will take a close look at what I need to remove and reinstall to correct it. It doesn't happen all the time, but man is frustrating when it does and you are on a good run. I was finally able to get my initials on the board last night after having the game for about a month!

Nice.. yeah, I read some review where someone said TFTC was easy and I just about fell off my chair.. but of course, anyone could set up a game to be at the difficulty they desire.

Regardless, 13 modes to crypt jam is amazing.. and a great objective for the game.. Play the organ is fun to shoot for.. Monster jackpot is a fun objective.. and of course, tying it all together for a great score! It took me a long time to get the GC from the previous owner, but getting 3 Monster jackpots did the trick

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#4226 1 year ago

I finally got mine fully working a couple days ago and what a fantastic pin! I love it.

#4227 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I finally got mine fully working a couple days ago and what a fantastic pin! I love it.

The Crypt Keeper truly rocks, congrats on getting it working 100 percent.

Gord

#4228 1 year ago
Quoted from ababapanos:

Do you know the right dimensions to print one like this?[quoted image]

Hi, I designed these last year and only made 5, these are a limited edition mod, I don’t want to be a pepper head but I don’t want them reproduced because my customers were told that only 5 of these will be made, I’m happy to do a different version if you’re interested?

C4C62F1B-4EE4-4E10-B644-ADEFBE39448F (resized).jpegC4C62F1B-4EE4-4E10-B644-ADEFBE39448F (resized).jpeg
#4229 1 year ago
Quoted from lmarchese:

Hi! I just received delivery of a new (for me) TFTC yesterday. Loving the game! We are doing 4.0 ROM upgrade this weekend, and the Color DMD is arriving on Wednesday. Getting my LED order together as we speak. One question for this group: what are thoughts about upgrading the sound in this pin? Sound quality is definitely not great, although also not terrible. Also--on my game, capturing the ball on the left flipper is quite hard. Even when the ball is traveling slowly, it rolls off. I checked level on the table, and it looks OK (note: the built-in level under the cards was way off). Has anybody experienced this? Thanks!

I’m running a Pinsound plus and it’s amazing, custom crypt keeper sounds make it so much more fun and especially music track, my previous board had a humming sound and the replacement fixed that. Was t cheap but well worth it.

#4230 1 year ago

Has anyone had issues with speaker static (not humming)? I have static from my left speaker. I've replaced the ground cable and the issue persists.

#4231 1 year ago

I’m looking to get an original TFTC service manual.
I’ve been offered one however it has a red front cover but all the ones I’ve seen seem to have an orange front cover.

Can anyone tell me if any original manuals were red?

D6CBAABA-CABC-4032-8546-5A3CB1E2544C (resized).jpegD6CBAABA-CABC-4032-8546-5A3CB1E2544C (resized).jpeg
#4232 1 year ago
Quoted from Ant-H:

I’m looking to get an original TFTC service manual.
I’ve been offered one however it has a red front cover but all the ones I’ve seen seem to have an orange front cover.
Can anyone tell me if any original manuals were red?
[quoted image]

Well whaddya know.

Yeah, mine is orange but also hole punched.

Otherwise, it looks pretty legit to me.. maybe a proof. Be curious to see some of the pages, don't see the yellow of the schematic pages either.

20220512_174058 (resized).jpg20220512_174058 (resized).jpg
#4233 1 year ago

Yeah, originals are orange, 3-hole punched for ops to put in big 3-ring binders with other manuals, and the right side is a big lump like Koji's above because of all the folded up schematics pages.

Summation... KICK THAT SELLER IN THE BOLLOCKS !

#4234 1 year ago

Thanks for confirming guys. That’s what I thought in regards to the missing punched holes in addition to the colour.

To be fair, the seller wasn’t sure if it was an original either. Oh well, the search continues.

#4235 1 year ago

I still haven't re-installed my left ramp, however a new issue is happening. The drop targets are not consistently popping back up after knocking them down during a game. They will always re-pop up at the start of a new ball or game. This started happening immediately after I started a game and let the ball sit unlaunched for a few minutes (long enough for chopping noise to stop on Chad code). Any ideas? I haven't looked under the PF yet. It almost feels like a code or sensor issue, given I know the mechanism is working.

As an aside, I ran a game at lunch today to see if it was still happening...ended up reaching CRYPT JAM for my first time!!! 504 million points.

1 week later
#4236 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

The drop targets are not consistently popping back up after knocking them down during a game. They will always re-pop up at the start of a new ball or game.

I'm questioning if this is even an issue, or if I just forgot how the game works. Can someone remind me how the guillotine drop targets are supposed to behave during gameplay on a machine running Chad Rom 4.0. Do they always pop after clearing until you max bonus? Or do you have to do something to get a knocked target to pop back up?

#4237 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I'm questioning if this is even an issue, or if I just forgot how the game works. Can someone remind me how the guillotine drop targets are supposed to behave during gameplay on a machine running Chad Rom 4.0. Do they always pop after clearing until you max bonus? Or do you have to do something to get a knocked target to pop back up?

Yeah, if you clear them, they should all pop-up for more hits, and they should reset on game start / new ball, as you have already noted.

#4238 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Yeah, if you clear them, they should all pop-up for more hits, and they should reset on game start / new ball, as you have already noted.

Thank you, that confirms I'm not losing my mind. It must be a sensor thing. Will get under the PF and see what I can figure out.

#4239 1 year ago

Hello everyone, after 2 perfect matches my Tales from the crypt does not load and does not eject the ball, the coils to advance and load the ball do not even go in the test, what can it be? I am attaching a video thanks

#4240 1 year ago
Quoted from jamex:

Hello everyone, after 2 perfect matches my Tales from the crypt does not load and does not eject the ball, the coils to advance and load the ball do not even go in the test, what can it be? I am attaching a video thanks

Can you manually load the ball by actuating the plunger from the trough?

Can't recall if the shooter lane would do this, but if that switch in the shooter lane is closed, perhaps it thinks there is already a ball loaded?

#4241 1 year ago
Quoted from jamex:

what can it be?

Could be a dozen things, are you adept at any sort of troubleshooting/repair? If not you need to find someone close to you to come help you. If you have fixed pins before my first guesses would be kojis suggestion on the launch switch, then would be switches/opto/wiring in the ball trough, then transistors on boards in the backbox. Pinwiki is a good basic database for figuring out problems and learning basics.

#4243 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Can you manually load the ball by actuating the plunger from the trough?
Can't recall if the shooter lane would do this, but if that switch in the shooter lane is closed, perhaps it thinks there is already a ball loaded?

Yes manually I can advance the ball but the coils do not work

#4244 1 year ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Could be a dozen things, are you adept at any sort of troubleshooting/repair? If not you need to find someone close to you to come help you. If you have fixed pins before my first guesses would be kojis suggestion on the launch switch, then would be switches/opto/wiring in the ball trough, then transistors on boards in the backbox. Pinwiki is a good basic database for figuring out problems and learning basics.

Some repairS I can do, with the tester I can check if a transistor is broken, with the soldering iron I can change the components, my big problem is that I can not read and understand the diagrams. If someone can tell me which transistor to control it would be a great place to start for me. Thanks

#4245 1 year ago
Quoted from jamex:

Yes manually I can advance the ball but the coils do not work

It's odd to me that the machine plunges with no ball in the shooter lane.

Could you check the make sure the switch in the shooter lane is open? (on the bottom side of the shooter lane switch, that wire should close a switch when it is pressed down, but when it is up and the lane is empty, the switch should be open).

#4246 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

It's odd to me that the machine plunges with no ball in the shooter lane.
Could you check the make sure the switch in the shooter lane is open? (on the bottom side of the shooter lane switch, that wire should close a switch when it is pressed down, but when it is up and the lane is empty, the switch should be open).

Today I check Thanks

#4247 1 year ago

Wondering if anyone knows the specific rules behind the ball save on this game?

#4248 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Wondering if anyone knows the specific rules behind the ball save on this game?

I believe if you read the following post from this thread and the few posts immediately after it you will have your answer.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/43#post-3156978

Gord

#4249 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I believe if you read the following post from this thread and the few posts immediately after it you will have your answer.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/43#post-3156978
Gord

Cool thank you.

Wow.. Always thought it had something to do with the switch score.. But testing my machine.. 4 switches is pretty consistent. Under 4 switches, and you can save twice in a row. Held the ball for over a minute and save was still active.. Thought I read through it all too.. But appreciate the link! Thanks again.

#4250 1 year ago

Although I am technically in this club Now, I still have quite a bit of time to put in under the glass to make this one ready to join the “allowed in the house” lineup. Fortunately the main components seem to work. Biggest issues seem to be a dead upper flipper, dim insert lights, and what appears to be several backwards diodes

072A7861-3AB0-4D06-B50F-A4BD6E44A11E (resized).jpeg072A7861-3AB0-4D06-B50F-A4BD6E44A11E (resized).jpeg10BB7D0E-0D6B-4D58-AC33-0FCF9648FF26 (resized).jpeg10BB7D0E-0D6B-4D58-AC33-0FCF9648FF26 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/85?hl=vec-tor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.