image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 101.
#4101 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

So is anyone currently making air ball stoppers for the game? I already pmd dj shakes who was making them, but he unfortunately isn't making anymore.

Message @Jakers. He also made them and may have leftovers?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/52#post-4084408

#4102 2 years ago

I'll do some acrylic air ball stoppers soon. PM me if interested.

#4103 2 years ago
#4104 2 years ago

#4105 2 years ago

Bought a OEM topper to put on my machine since it was missing when I got it, wondering how it’s supposed to mount to the top of the back box mine didn’t come with any brackets or screws ?

#4106 2 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

Bought a OEM topper to put on my machine since it was missing when I got it, wondering how it’s supposed to mount to the top of the back box mine didn’t come with any brackets or screws ?

I cut a board the size of the top of my backbox and painted it black and mounted the topper to that

#4107 2 years ago
Quoted from CrisCrow:

I cut a board the size of the top of my backbox and painted it black and mounted the topper to that

Did you just run some wood screws through the bottom of the topper into the board ?

#4108 2 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

Did you just run some wood screws through the bottom of the topper into the board ?

yeah, short ones and washers
alternatively I would have used this clear mounting tape if I had found it earlier. This stuff is great!
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Double-Sided-Tape-Clear-Nano-Traceless-Reuse-Waterproof-Adhesive-Tape-Non-Slip-Removable-Sticky-Strips/850529511

1 week later
#4109 2 years ago

Tis the Season Fright Fans!

TFTC (resized).pngTFTC (resized).png
#4110 2 years ago

Played a TFTC at white rose this past weekend. Does anyone elses game shake when in the lite skull cracking mode? I don't remember mine doing it but I have chads code in.

#4111 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Played a TFTC at white rose this past weekend. Does anyone elses game shake when in the lite skull cracking mode? I don't remember mine doing it but I have chads code in.

If memory serves me correctly it does. Slightly less shaking than crypt multiball.

#4112 2 years ago

Hey, guys. Is the tombstone supposed to be going up and down when multiball is ready, or is it supposed to stay down? Not sure whether mine is behaving right or not. Thanks

#4113 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Hey, guys. Is the tombstone supposed to be going up and down when multiball is ready, or is it supposed to stay down? Not sure whether mine is behaving right or not. Thanks

When you bash the tombstone enough to spell crypt it should go down and stay down until you get crypt multiball. There shouldn't be any point in the game where it goes up and down continuously.

#4114 2 years ago

Anyone replaced their stock shaker for a better one?

Mine is dying (i did try the weight ajustement)

#4115 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

When you bash the tombstone enough to spell crypt it should go down and stay down until you get crypt multiball. There shouldn't be any point in the game where it goes up and down continuously.

Then I've got a problem. Thanks.

#4116 2 years ago

check tombstone in test menu. There is a specific test in the menu options which allows you to run it up and down by stepping it with the start button. Make sure both open and closed switches are registering when the ole stone of tomb is all the way up and all the way down respectively. I don't know about this machine for sure but in my Freddy, if one of the boiler door switches it not working or misadjusted, the boiler door can't find its home and goes up and down more then it should

#4117 2 years ago

I had your problem, the ground came off the switch that registers when the tombstone was down. I would guess you have a wire off or miss adjusted switch.

#4118 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Anyone replaced their stock shaker for a better one?

I've replaced mine with one from PinSound (you'd also need the pinsound board itself as well).

Not really impressed with it to be honest, spend quite a lot of time finding the right balance but never really got there. Either wayyyyy too much shake or not enough, as it's triggered by sound events and you can't build a sequence of events any other way I actually found it quite limiting and preferred the factory shake.

Cheers

Cris

#4119 2 years ago

I have tombstone decals if anyone needs them. in both red and green.

tombstone decals 002 (resized).JPGtombstone decals 002 (resized).JPGtombstone decals 003 (resized).JPGtombstone decals 003 (resized).JPG
#4120 2 years ago

Can't tell from your pics, but the rivet hole normally comes already cut out.
Not sure if a household hole puncher would reach far enough in otherwise.

1 week later
#4121 2 years ago

Got a problem with my TFTC folks. Wondering if anyone could offer some advice.

The fuse keeps blowing in the red power supply cover in the front of the cabinet. Any ideas or suggestions on what the culprit could be?

#4122 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The fuse keeps blowing in the red power supply cover in the front of the cabinet. Any ideas or suggestions on what the culprit could be?

What does that fuse control?

#4123 2 years ago

I just added a color LCD to my Tales an boy is it outstanding!! I have several color LCD's and TFTC is by far the best. My only problem is I now spend so much time staring at it while playing that I loose the ball most of the time. They really did a great job on the dots on this game the color just sets it off even more

#4124 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

What does that fuse control?

It controls the on/off function.

#4125 2 years ago

Nice topper

0F2AB686-626A-4BFE-84DE-CF37BBE25ED7 (resized).jpeg0F2AB686-626A-4BFE-84DE-CF37BBE25ED7 (resized).jpeg
#4126 2 years ago
Quoted from FantasticPinball:

Nice topper
[quoted image]

Very cool, nice now lets see this topper painted. Someone like modfather could really do this topper justice with an modfather paint job.

Gord

#4127 2 years ago

Where can I buy one?

1 week later
#4128 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It controls the on/off function.

Just bumping this to see if anyone has experienced this before? I went to play a game yesterday and the same thing happened. Turned it on and it didnt' boot up. I replaced the fuse and it booted up when I turned it on. I've owned this machine for 3 years or so and it's never happened until recently.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the culprit could be?

Thanks

#4129 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Just bumping this to see if anyone has experienced this before? I went to play a game yesterday and the same thing happened. Turned it on and it didnt' boot up. I replaced the fuse and it booted up when I turned it on. I've owned this machine for 3 years or so and it's never happened until recently.
Just wondering if anyone knows what the culprit could be?
Thanks

Has it blown since? Sometimes they just go..

#4130 2 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

Has it blown since? Sometimes they just go..

3 times in 30 days.

Can't be normal for it to blow that frequently.

#4131 2 years ago

I'm stumped. Need help. You guys know that shot just to the right of the drop target bank where you collect Extra Ball and MBall Start? I am unable to collect either award. All 4 switches in that zone are testing ok (small trough, large trough, super vuk, spinner). If it's not a switch, what the heck could it be?

I had a lot to fix on this pin. I'm almost there!

#4132 2 years ago

Hi there- anyone have just this plastic for sale or know a source? Thanks!

0105293A-F103-4447-B780-29CFEAC73F78 (resized).jpeg0105293A-F103-4447-B780-29CFEAC73F78 (resized).jpeg
#4133 2 years ago
Quoted from ScottieB:

Hi there- anyone have just this plastic for sale or know a source? Thanks!
[quoted image]

That plastic always gets trashed because it bends then rests on the scoop, so it's got 2 things working against it.
You'll likely have to get on one of Zitt's pinballcenter.eu group buys, they do not ship to USA.
Their plastics colors have been hit and miss, but it's your only single-plastic option at this point.

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/plastics/7535/plastic-for-tales-from-the-crypt-830-5435-13?c=2162

First Zitt post has info, then go to last page or two to see when next order is, it's currently post xmas.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballcenter-parts-needed

Added over 2 years ago:

"they do not ship to USA" ...normally, but they do ship to Zitt.

#4134 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

That plastic always gets trashed because it bends then rests on the scoop, so it's got 2 things working against it.
You'll likely have to get on one of Zitt's pinballcenter.eu group buys, they do not ship to USA.
Their plastics colors have been hit and miss, but it's your only single-plastic option at this point.
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/plastics/7535/plastic-for-tales-from-the-crypt-830-5435-13?c=2162
First Zitt post has info, then go to last page or two to see when next order is, it's currently post xmas.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballcenter-parts-needed

Thanks for the guidance- definitely not ideal but may be worth the effort!

Scott

#4135 2 years ago

Joined the club. Fun game.

6A8E22F6-9931-46F6-9C65-E9E194889361 (resized).jpeg6A8E22F6-9931-46F6-9C65-E9E194889361 (resized).jpegCFEFE68A-064B-4FC3-B2F3-9B1E2D57AFFD (resized).jpegCFEFE68A-064B-4FC3-B2F3-9B1E2D57AFFD (resized).jpeg
#4136 2 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

Joined the club. Fun game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club! I love this game so much. It will always stay in my collection.

#4137 2 years ago

Wish at times I had not sold mine!!

TFTC shirt project 007 (resized).JPGTFTC shirt project 007 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#4138 2 years ago

Looking for some confirmation here.

An 8 Amp slow blo fuse is needed for the power supply box correct? (The red box with the volume knob inside the cabinet)

Much appreciated!

#4139 2 years ago

Any way to turn down the laughter …. Quickly getting on my nerves

#4140 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Any way to turn down the laughter …. Quickly getting on my nerves

Chad code

#4141 2 years ago

Chad's code for TFTC is the best thing that's ever happened for this game. I actually sold my first TFTC way before Chad updated the code. After playing the game with Chad's code, I had to pick another one up. Way more enjoyable and the scoring makes more sense.

#4142 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Chad's code for TFTC is the best thing that's ever happened for this game. I actually sold my first TFTC way before Chad updated the code. After playing the game with Chad's code, I had to pick another one up. Way more enjoyable and the scoring makes more sense.

I installed the new rom chips (chad code, I think) and there's no audio during the match sequence. Is that how it's supposed to be?

#4143 2 years ago

I installed the new rom chips (chad code, I think) and there's no audio during the match sequence. Is that how it's supposed to be?

No. There's audio of the bat flying in, the bug spray, bat flying out, bat flies back in, then CK squashing bat with flyswatter. CK then comments on match or not.
Chad Code will show '4.0' code and 'TFTC UNOFFICIAL' on dmd at power up.

#4144 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

No. There's audio of the bat flying in, the bug spray, bat flying out, bat flies back in, then CK squashing bat with flyswatter. CK then comments on match or not.
Chad Code will show '4.0' code and 'TFTC UNOFFICIAL' on dmd at power up.

Thats what I recall from the original rom. I'll double check what I put in. Thanks

#4145 2 years ago

I am finally getting around to knocking out several Data East titles' apron cards. Just finished up Tales From the Crypt if anyone has any interest.

Pinside Store Link-
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/05587-tales-from-the-crypt-lenticular-3d-apron-cards

Simulated 3D Effect-
TFTC.gifTFTC.gif

Videos-

IMG_20211207_193104.jpgIMG_20211207_193104.jpgIMG_20211207_193118.jpgIMG_20211207_193118.jpgIMG_20211207_193128.jpgIMG_20211207_193128.jpg
#4146 2 years ago

Thats what I recall from the original rom. I'll double check what I put in. Thanks

I have exactly the same sound problems: No sound at match sequence.
And also I am missing the callout "Encore" for the ball saver.
My CPU and Graphic ROMs are unofficial 4.0.

I testet the sound board on the bench with an microcontroller triggering all the sounds.
This test seemed ok. Lots of sounds were played. So I think, there is no hardware problem.

My current theory is, that maybe there are older versions of the sound ROMs with changed sound numbers.
3.00, 3.03 and 4.0 seem to use the same sound ROMs, but maybe there are older versions too.

Yesterday I burnt new sound roms and I will test them at the weekend.

#4147 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am finally getting around to knocking out several Data East titles' apron cards. Just finished up Tales From the Crypt if anyone has any interest.

Doh! I just ordered 7 sets of your cards for my games on Black Friday. TFTC was the only one I was looking for that you didn’t have. These are great for anyone interested. They are much nicer in person and installed. Very nice work.

ralphwiggum Any chance you are making one for Data East GnR?

#4148 2 years ago
Quoted from WolfgangBC:

I have exactly the same sound problems: No sound at match sequence.
And also I am missing the callout "Encore" for the ball saver.

The new sound ROMs solved my problem.

I had three sound ROMs in U7, U17 and U21 with no version number written on them.
So I changed them to V3.0x ROMs from ipdb (don't matter if version 3.00 or 3.03 as they are the same).

This fixed the problem. It now:
- plays music 3 in diagnostic mode (crypt jam)
- plays "engore" for the ball saver
- plays sound effects in the match sequence
- plays different music for different modes

So just putting in V4 ROMs is not enough in some cases.
If the game was originally delivered with an older version, you have to replace sound roms as well.

#4149 2 years ago

hello. in my crypt, there is this defect in the hole, there is some protector that i can put on to make it look more beautiful?

??????_Viber_2021-12-07_13-08-00-681 (resized).jpg??????_Viber_2021-12-07_13-08-00-681 (resized).jpg
#4150 2 years ago
Quoted from ababapanos:

hello. in my crypt, there is this defect in the hole, there is some protector that i can put on to make it look more beautiful?
[quoted image]

Mine looks the same. I have a mantis protector installed to prevent anymore damage.

I had a cliffy protector but it got beat up pretty good and and began denting inward towards the hole. I prefer the mantis protector.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.