image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 101.
#3752 3 years ago

A few more mods added. I also rigged my electric chair prop to activate when the shaker motor activates.

#3753 3 years ago
Quoted from renoman22:

A few more mods added. I also rigged my electric chair prop to activate when the shaker motor activates.

Your game looks amazing. So much attention to detail. Where are the color changing lights coming from in your game?

#3754 3 years ago

Here is my glow in the dark setup if anyone is interested.

#3755 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGiant:

Your game looks amazing. So much attention to detail. Where are the color changing lights coming from in your game?

Thanks! I installed Pinstadium lights. Highly recommend them for any machine. Made a huge difference.

2 weeks later
#3756 3 years ago
Quoted from renoman22:

Here's a video of the new door handle head in action.

So Mr Renoman kan you make more i WANTS it

1 week later
#3757 3 years ago

Finally just joined the club! Been looking for several years now. Different deals kept falling through, but finally got one.
Not the best condition cabinet, but the playfield and mechanics and backglass are great!

Question, my lockdown bar is a little bent and scratched up. Anyone know where to get a replacement? Is it unobtanium?
The one on marco/pbl seem to indicate it won't fit. Seems weird that they don't make a repro one.

#3758 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Question, my lockdown bar is a little bent and scratched up. Anyone know where to get a replacement? Is it unobtanium?
The one on marco/pbl seem to indicate it won't fit. Seems weird that they don't make a repro one.

I have been looking to no avail for a nicer/new lockdown bar as well.
Mine is not bent but it was poorly repainted to cover bubbling rust spots.
Will likely strip it down and get re-powder coated.

#3759 3 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

I have been looking to no avail for a nicer/new lockdown bar as well.
Mine is not bent but it was poorly repainted to cover bubbling rust spots.
Will likely strip it down and get re-powder coated.

https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-black-front-molding-lockdown-bar-no-tournament-button-hole.html

This?

#3760 3 years ago

According to the description of that item, sadly not...

"A few DE games use lockdown bar #500-5021-10. Games calling for that lockdown bar are not compatible with this lockdown bar."
- PinballLife

TFTC, BTTF, JP, and some others require lockdown bar receiver assembly 500-5020-00 .

I do not know if you could replace the original receiver with the one that fits that PBL Stern bar and then use that.
If you COULD, at $70 for the bar and $40 for the receiver you'd be in for $110 to have shiny/black new stuff.

EDIT: I do not think the new receiver has holes for the 2 pf hangers at the bottom of the pf.

#3761 3 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

According to the description of that item, sadly not...
"A few DE games use lockdown bar #500-5021-10. Games calling for that lockdown bar are not compatible with this lockdown bar."
- PinballLife
TFTC, BTTF, JP, and some others require lockdown bar receiver assembly 500-5020-00 .
I do not know if you could replace the original receiver with the one that fits that PBL Stern bar and then use that.
If you COULD, at $70 for the bar and $40 for the receiver you'd be in for $110 to have shiny/black new stuff.
EDIT: I do not think the new receiver has holes for the 2 pf hangers at the bottom of the pf.

Update. I spoke to Terry at PBL. His words on if the lockdown bar here (https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-black-front-molding-lockdown-bar-no-tournament-button-hole.html) would work:

"Yes, it will fit, but it is slightly different stylistically."

So there you go.

#3762 3 years ago

Does anyone have a spare djshakes air ball plastic? He said he's done with all that, and I need one since my TFTC doesn't have one.

Thanks,
Steven

#3763 3 years ago

I know this might not help. The extra one I got had the measurements written on it. If you know someone with a laser cutter. Maybe you have have one made

Tftcairball (resized).jpgTftcairball (resized).jpg
#3764 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I know this might not help. The extra one I got had the measurements written on it. If you know someone with a laser cutter. Maybe you have have one made

I *do* know some folks with a laser cutter. Making sense of this chicken scratch is another issue. . It's likely just messing with my brain since it's upside down.

Appreciate you posting this.

#3765 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Does anyone have a spare djshakes air ball plastic? He said he's done with all that, and I need one since my TFTC doesn't have one.
Thanks,
Steven

That airball plastic makes a world of difference! Gluck in your search.

#3766 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Update. I spoke to Terry at PBL. His words on if the lockdown bar here (https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-black-front-molding-lockdown-bar-no-tournament-button-hole.html) would work:
"Yes, it will fit, but it is slightly different stylistically."
So there you go.

AWESOME!
Take pics of it on your game when you get it, if it looks good it will save me the paint stripping and powdercoating,

#3767 3 years ago

damadczar I got my game from Jon9508 and think I have his spare homemade air ball plastic? Could also pull the official one off my game and let you borrow for a bit to replicate since you’re local.

#3768 3 years ago

Looking for Opinions on Direct Ink CPR Repro TFTC plastic sets, how do they look when lit from behind? Line art quality etc.

I've got 4 or 5 broken/chipped plastics of my originals, thinking of buying CPR set and protectors.

Thanks!

#3769 3 years ago

Could someone post a picture of this airball plastic in the machine?

I think i am missing it (but didn't know it existed). Only recently joined the club.

#3770 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Could someone post a picture of this airball plastic in the machine?
I think i am missing it (but didn't know it existed). Only recently joined the club.

f83bc6440e801e28168b3e6c5976615cad2af8cb.jpgf83bc6440e801e28168b3e6c5976615cad2af8cb.jpg
#3771 3 years ago

Thank you very much. I definitely don't have that one. Is it an original piece, or did I misunderstand?

#3772 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Thank you very much. I definitely don't have that one. Is it an original piece, or did I misunderstand?

No. It isn’t original and doesn’t come with the plastic set either. DJshakes use to make these but I think he isn’t doing another run.

#3773 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Agreed, it is not a factory original piece, it was made by owners afterwards to prevent the ball from bouncing into the above plastics or nearby ones causing breakage or damage.
One or two people on pinside have made and sold the clear and the red plastic above it here and in the marketplace.
They sold out but if someone has an extra they usually post it FS in this thread.

I will say that both that came on the game I recently purchased have mounting holes that are too big, the locknuts can tighten down into the hole. So I have added washers above and below the holes. Also with the clear protector and red repro plastic being thicker than the normal plastics the nut barely had enough post thread showing to tighten, so I bought two posts from Pinball Life with a taller thread on top.

https://www.pinballlife.com/machine-poststud-530-5008-00.html

530-5008-00 (resized).jpg530-5008-00 (resized).jpg
#3774 3 years ago

If anyone else has a speaker hum on their TFTC I just wanted to pass along how I got rid of most of mine. There are plenty of in depth forums about this too. I just added a 12V buck boost converter on the +12V to the sound board and had great results. Cleaner and cheaper than an entirely separate power supply and plug and play after you build it.

11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg22 (resized).jpg22 (resized).jpg
#3775 3 years ago

Since I had to take off the door handle to remove a lockdown bar receiver bolt to re-paint, I took some pics of it. Save 'em on your phone so in case you find something out in the wild you can check the pics.

20200923_230347 (resized).jpg20200923_230347 (resized).jpg20200923_230422 (resized).jpg20200923_230422 (resized).jpg20200923_230510 (resized).jpg20200923_230510 (resized).jpg20200923_230928 (resized).jpg20200923_230928 (resized).jpg

#3776 3 years ago

If anyone else has a speaker hum on their TFTC I just wanted to pass along how I got rid of most of mine. There are plenty of in depth forums about this too. I just added a 12V buck boost converter on the +12V to the sound board and had great results. Cleaner and cheaper than an entirely separate power supply and plug and play after you build it.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the buck boost? Looks like you added the connectors...and the box? Just looking for some more info...btw, what power supply do you have in your Crypt - original or aftermarket? I found a huge improvement by ditching the stock power supply board for an Xpin....

Matt

#3777 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Where did you get the buck boost? Looks like you added the connectors...and the box? Just looking for some more info...btw, what power supply do you have in your Crypt - original or aftermarket? I found a huge improvement by ditching the stock power supply board for an Xpin....
Matt

Yes, just added the two connectors. The 5v and -12V go straight to the board and the +12V and ground go to the buck boost converter in the plastic box and then to the board. I tried to explain it with visuals in the video too.

Here is a list of my supplies:
6-pin z connector
2 female 6-pin 0.156 molex connectors with trifurcon pins from pinball life
Buck/boost converter from amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NTXSJHB/)
ABS plastic project box off amazon
18 or 20 gauge wire

It's funny you say that. I have a Rottendog board and had read that the aftermarket boards were worse for the hum than the originals. Interesting.

#3778 3 years ago

Yes, just added the two connectors. The 5v and -12V go straight to the board and the +12V and ground go to the buck boost converter in the plastic box and then to the board. I tried to explain it with visuals in the video too.
Here is a list of my supplies:
6-pin z connector
2 female 6-pin 0.156 molex connectors with trifurcon pins from pinball life
Buck/boost converter from amazon (amazon.com link »)
ABS plastic project box off amazon
18 or 20 gauge wire
It's funny you say that. I have a Rottendog board and had read that the aftermarket boards were worse for the hum than the originals. Interesting.

Rottendog perhaps, but Xpin - no...very different boards in the way they get things done (I'm not a great fan of RD boards, just my opin)....it wasn't my goal to reduce hum - it was an aftereffect that was noticeable when I replaced the original with the Xpin....

#3779 3 years ago

Just got mine out of storage, 3 years of collecting dust. Had it checkt out and having a blast now.
Great find this forum, lots of things still to do!! Already started to incorperate some fun!

DSC_0938~2 (resized).JPGDSC_0938~2 (resized).JPGDSC_0939~2 (resized).JPGDSC_0939~2 (resized).JPG
#3780 3 years ago

Mmm, after a lot of play the tombstone starts giving hits even if the ball is dancing threu the popbumpers. Hitting it once gives 2/3 or 4 hits.

Switch broken?
Should i try to bend the arm of the switch?

#3781 3 years ago
Quoted from Indepocket:

Mmm, after a lot of play the tombstone starts giving hits even if the ball is dancing threu the popbumpers. Hitting it once gives 2/3 or 4 hits.
Switch broken?
Should i try to bend the arm of the switch?

yes sounds like the switch needs to be adjusted

#3782 3 years ago

Insted of fiddeling with the switch, i've put an thin piece of foam against the foam/rubber that's behind the tombstone. That did the trick!

Thanks!

Ps, did the eye thing on the right ramp and glued some skulls on the left spinner.

DSC_0947~2 (resized).JPGDSC_0947~2 (resized).JPGDSC_0952~2 (resized).JPGDSC_0952~2 (resized).JPG
#3783 3 years ago

Left the club, unfortunately, but what a fun game with Chads code installed.

Have a new set of cliffys, never used, not sure what they are new? Thinking $65 with shipping?

2 weeks later
#3784 3 years ago

Where do you get the toys i like them

Quoted from Indepocket:

Just got mine out of storage, 3 years of collecting dust. Had it checkt out and having a blast now.
Great find this forum, lots of things still to do!! Already started to incorperate some fun!
[quoted image][quoted image]

#3785 3 years ago

Look around in cheap stores that have halloween stuf and use your imagenation!

#3786 3 years ago

Does anybody have airball plastics or the red plastic behind drop targets they would part with?

#3787 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Does anybody have airball plastics or the red plastic behind drop targets they would part with?

I'm currently reproducing about 20 of each that I plan to offer for sale shortly.

1 week later
#3788 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

I'm currently reproducing about 20 of each that I plan to offer for sale shortly.

I would definitely be interested. My ball is constantly flying in the air

#3789 3 years ago

Okay. Prototype art pieces fitted. Final plastics soon. Gonna make holes like 1/32 or 1/16 smaller as they are way too big.

Also, the large airball piece that was cut is similar to the original one offered. But I think it's just too big. I measured with it in place and it hangs too far out for me. So I measured where a ball would hit the drop target and am going to shave some off the end.

There is no reason for that plastic to extend that far out. I'll ensure it completely covers the ball, and that's it.

Also, I'm thinking of printing the red piece orange instead. Seems like it'd match better.

Thanks,
Steven

20201024_153913 (resized).jpg20201024_153913 (resized).jpg
#3790 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Okay. Prototype art pieces fitted. Final plastics soon. Gonna make holes like 1/32 or 1/16 smaller as they are way too big.
Also, the large airball piece that was cut is similar to the original one offered. But I think it's just too big. I measured with it in place and it hangs too far out for me. So I measured where a ball would hit the drop target and am going to shave some off the end.
There is no reason for that plastic to extend that far out. I'll ensure it completely covers the ball, and that's it.
Also, I'm thinking of printing the red piece orange instead. Seems like it'd match better.
Thanks,
Steven
[quoted image]

Looking pretty awesome

#3791 3 years ago

Here is my TFTC that I purchased about 2 months ago. So far I have replaced the Tombstone motor, upgraded to LED lighting, color DMD, replaced all rubbers and added some playfield mods and fixedxthe coin door. I used to play this a lot when I was younger. I could never afford to purchase a machine until now. Being in the high risk category for COVID complications, Ive been staying at home when I'm not at work. Having this machine has made a world of difference for me. It keeps me busy and gives me something to do. Ive learned so much reading all your posts. Im saving up for another horror related theme machine. What do you think? What's the next best pinball machine to own that has a horror theme?

20201025_220933 (resized).jpg20201025_220933 (resized).jpg20201025_220944 (resized).jpg20201025_220944 (resized).jpg20201025_221006 (resized).jpg20201025_221006 (resized).jpg20201025_221014 (resized).jpg20201025_221014 (resized).jpg20201025_221026 (resized).jpg20201025_221026 (resized).jpg20201025_221040 (resized).jpg20201025_221040 (resized).jpg20201025_221121 (resized).jpg20201025_221121 (resized).jpg20201025_221133 (resized).jpg20201025_221133 (resized).jpg20201025_221154 (resized).jpg20201025_221154 (resized).jpg20201025_221205 (resized).jpg20201025_221205 (resized).jpg
#3792 3 years ago

Looks great! I just got a TFTC recently as well and it’s a really fun game. Maybe Bram stokers Dracula or Creature from the Black Lagoon next for you.

#3793 3 years ago

What is the normal level of pinball TFTC? mine bubble is at 6 degrees, at the botum of leveling tooö

#3794 3 years ago

Where do you get the toys???????

#3795 3 years ago
Quoted from emarfniam:

Here is my TFTC that I purchased about 2 months ago. So far I have replaced the Tombstone motor, upgraded to LED lighting, color DMD, replaced all rubbers and added some playfield mods and fixedxthe coin door. I used to play this a lot when I was younger. I could never afford to purchase a machine until now. Being in the high risk category for COVID complications, Ive been staying at home when I'm not at work. Having this machine has made a world of difference for me. It keeps me busy and gives me something to do. Ive learned so much reading all your posts. Im saving up for another horror related theme machine. What do you think? What's the next best pinball machine to own that has a horror theme?

I love horror theme pins and cannot recommend Bram Stoker's Dracula strongly enough. It's one of my long term keeps. And once you get BSD, you should get a Creech to go with it. But if you're looking to buy newer, you can't go wrong with Monster Bash remake.

What kind of LEDs did you put in? I just recently put in 2SMD Frosted comet in my inserts, and it's just too bright. I guess I need to buy some 1SMD? Yours looks good.

#3796 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

I love horror theme pins and cannot recommend Bram Stoker's Dracula strongly enough. It's one of my long term keeps. And once you get BSD, you should get a Creech to go with it. But if you're looking to buy newer, you can't go wrong with Monster Bash remake.
What kind of LEDs did you put in? I just recently put in 2SMD Frosted comet in my inserts, and it's just too bright. I guess I need to buy some 1SMD? Yours looks good.

I just ordered a kit off of pinballbulbs.com. i was reluctant to order a kit but I love the way it turned out the kit was so well put together and made install so easy. I played BSD a long time ago. I remember it having a ball float across the playfield and "winds...winds...winds!" I will definitely be keeping my eyes out for one.

#3797 3 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Swede:

The zombie is from ModFather...the rest I made. The crypt keeper head is off a old candelabra...i made the skull piles from a 2 dollar bottle opener...it is hard resin...drilled a hole in it and added a post screw...dollar store spider i painted and dilled holes to mount...
Tales from the crypt magnet that I attached with black heavy gauge wire and attached to right ranp, the little figures are from Halloween village display...

#3798 3 years ago

Happy halloween !

IMG_20201101_150120 (resized).jpgIMG_20201101_150120 (resized).jpg

IMG_20201101_150059 (resized).jpgIMG_20201101_150059 (resized).jpg

IMG_20201101_150036 (resized).jpgIMG_20201101_150036 (resized).jpg

IMG_20201101_145614 (resized).jpgIMG_20201101_145614 (resized).jpg

IMG_20201101_141251 (resized).jpgIMG_20201101_141251 (resized).jpg

IMG_20201101_141234 (resized).jpgIMG_20201101_141234 (resized).jpg

#3799 3 years ago

Just picked up a TFTC. Sound is not working. Get a loud hum out of the speakers is all.

I checked the power to the board, but beyond that have not dove too far into it. Any tips or items I should check. Trying to not go down a rabbit hole with no direction

#3800 3 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Swede:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.