image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 101.
#3551 4 years ago

I'm having airball mods made again. Dropped off sample today. Should hear back from shop early next week. Will update when ready.

#3552 4 years ago

My top secret resto-mod which I brought to Pinball Expo.

TFTC shirt project 008 (resized).JPGTFTC shirt project 008 (resized).JPGpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3553 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

My top secret resto-mod which I brought to Pinball Expo.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Makes it look like a modern Stern almost...All you need is the color led dmd..

#3554 4 years ago

My eyeballs came yesterday in the mail. Question for everyone that did this mod. When the light inside the eye lights up can you see it through the pupil or iris at all or does it just light up the sides?

20191021_212653 (resized).jpg20191021_212653 (resized).jpg20191021_212701 (resized).jpg20191021_212701 (resized).jpg
#3555 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

My eyeballs came yesterday in the mail. Question for everyone that did this mod. When the light inside the eye lights up can you see it through the pupil or iris at all or does it just light up the sides?[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from fatality83:

My eyeballs came yesterday in the mail. Question for everyone that did this mod. When the light inside the eye lights up can you see it through the pupil or iris at all or does it just light up the sides?[quoted image][quoted image]

Iris and globe of the eye.

#3556 4 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Mine has foam behind it ,it is a little floppy but it works perfectly.Cheers.[quoted image]

I found the RIP with switch in Germany to replace it complete only the target and the siwtch mounted

And i need anti airball plastic, with postage to Sweden any suggestions?

#3557 4 years ago

Anyone have a rough TFTC they are looking to sell?

#3558 4 years ago

Played mine last night a bunch and an issue popped up. It seems like when in multi ball it started taking longer to pop the 2nd and 3rd ball out then normal. Also sometimes it only popped out the 2nd ball and not the 3rd. Of course when that happens and the 2nd ball drains and I only have only one ball in play the game still thought I had two and wouldn't end multi ball like it should. I looked down under the apron and saw there was an empty spot for the ball like one was missing. I pulled the apron and there was a ball sitting in the up kicker just sitting there. My guess is the opto for the ball up kicker is not working or is working intermittently. What does everyone do for this issue? Obviously clean the opto with a q tip and some alcohol I guess. Is there anything else I can try to do? Reflow solder somewhere?

#3559 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I'm having airball mods made again. Dropped off sample today. Should hear back from shop early next week. Will update when ready.

Thanks please send memo when ready

#3560 4 years ago

Complete with diod
Metal back and blade switch

TFTC Tombstone (resized).jpgTFTC Tombstone (resized).jpg
#3561 4 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Swede:

Thanks please send memo when ready

I am in for a airball plastic.

#3562 4 years ago

Finally got TFTC up and running after Pinball Expo. I told someone on my last post I would post detailed pictures, so here they are!! Thanks for your support!!

tftc final 001 (resized).JPGtftc final 001 (resized).JPGtftc final 003 (resized).JPGtftc final 003 (resized).JPGtftc final 005 (resized).JPGtftc final 005 (resized).JPGtftc final 006 (resized).JPGtftc final 006 (resized).JPGtftc final 007 (resized).JPGtftc final 007 (resized).JPGtftc final 008 (resized).JPGtftc final 008 (resized).JPGtftc final 009 (resized).JPGtftc final 009 (resized).JPGtftc final 011 (resized).JPGtftc final 011 (resized).JPGtftc final 013 (resized).JPGtftc final 013 (resized).JPGtftc final 016 (resized).JPGtftc final 016 (resized).JPGtftc final 018 (resized).JPGtftc final 018 (resized).JPGtftc final 020 (resized).JPGtftc final 020 (resized).JPGtftc final 023 (resized).JPGtftc final 023 (resized).JPGtftc final 024 (resized).JPGtftc final 024 (resized).JPGtftc final 025 (resized).JPGtftc final 025 (resized).JPGtftc final 026 (resized).JPGtftc final 026 (resized).JPGtftc final 027 (resized).JPGtftc final 027 (resized).JPGtftc final 030 (resized).JPGtftc final 030 (resized).JPGtftc final 038 (resized).JPGtftc final 038 (resized).JPGtftc final 042 (resized).JPGtftc final 042 (resized).JPGtftc final 044 (resized).JPGtftc final 044 (resized).JPGtftc final 046 (resized).JPGtftc final 046 (resized).JPGtftc final 047 (resized).JPGtftc final 047 (resized).JPG
#3563 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Played mine last night a bunch and an issue popped up. It seems like when in multi ball it started taking longer to pop the 2nd and 3rd ball out then normal. Also sometimes it only popped out the 2nd ball and not the 3rd. Of course when that happens and the 2nd ball drains and I only have only one ball in play the game still thought I had two and wouldn't end multi ball like it should. I looked down under the apron and saw there was an empty spot for the ball like one was missing. I pulled the apron and there was a ball sitting in the up kicker just sitting there. My guess is the opto for the ball up kicker is not working or is working intermittently. What does everyone do for this issue? Obviously clean the opto with a q tip and some alcohol I guess. Is there anything else I can try to do? Reflow solder somewhere?

Hi. Unless you have the upgrade there are no optos in the Tales ball trough area. Switches only. The ball trough on Tales is know to have issues as do like Data East games from that period. I ended up replacing my roll over switches as well as the switch that triggers the solenoid that fires the ball into the shooter alley. This might help. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/testing-de-ball-trough-switches#post-3883196

#3564 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Hi. Unless you have the upgrade there are no optos in the Tales ball trough area. Switches only. The ball trough on Tales is know to have issues as do like Data East games from that period. I ended up replacing my roll over switches as well as the switch that triggers the solenoid that fires the ball into the shooter alley. This might help. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/testing-de-ball-trough-switches#post-3883196

Thanks, yeah it actually has a switch. I just looked down into the up kicker and saw a hole were a opto could be mounted but when i actually pulled the apron off i noticed it has a switch instead. I bent the arm for the switch out a little more so the ball is definitly triggering it. Hasn't happened since then and played a bunch of games since. Thanks

#3565 4 years ago

Airball mods are in production. Only making 25 sets. $15 shipped. PM me if you would like to get on the wait list. I think they are being delivered around Nov. 6th. Once I have them and verify the quality I will collect payment and ship.

#3566 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Thanks, yeah it actually has a switch. I just looked down into the up kicker and saw a hole were a opto could be mounted but when i actually pulled the apron off i noticed it has a switch instead. I bent the arm for the switch out a little more so the ball is definitly triggering it. Hasn't happened since then and played a bunch of games since. Thanks

After I adjusted the switch it seems like it always kicks the balls out like it should but every once and awhile there seems to be some type of issue that only happens during multi ball. Just seems like the ball kick out times are not consistent. For example it will kick the 2nd ball out to start multi ball but there is a delay for the 3rd ball being kicked out. Always happens when I am not paying attention to it to see what is going on. I would imagine the ball isn't moving to the shooter quick enough for some reason. I will check out that thread that was linked above and see if that helps anything.

#3567 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

Finally got TFTC up and running after Pinball Expo. I told someone on my last post I would post detailed pictures, so here they are!! Thanks for your support!!</blockquote

Amazing game! VERY jealous. I have a TftC and it's one of my all time favorite machines. Mine plays fine, but it's in pretty rough cosmetic condition.

At some point if I find a nicer one I hope to sell mine and upgrade

#3568 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

After I adjusted the switch it seems like it always kicks the balls out like it should but every once and awhile there seems to be some type of issue that only happens during multi ball. Just seems like the ball kick out times are not consistent. For example it will kick the 2nd ball out to start multi ball but there is a delay for the 3rd ball being kicked out. Always happens when I am not paying attention to it to see what is going on. I would imagine the ball isn't moving to the shooter quick enough for some reason. I will check out that thread that was linked above and see if that helps anything.

Check to see if the balls are magnetized.
I had it once in a game where one ball was "sticking" to the others in the through and causing problems.

1 week later
#3569 4 years ago

Will what are you please help me and tell me where this random red wires close to go?

I have been cleaning topside a machine since I received it and I have not been able to sort out this wire.

20191110_065836 (resized).jpg20191110_065836 (resized).jpg20191110_065854 (resized).jpg20191110_065854 (resized).jpg
#3570 4 years ago

I'd have to get out the manual and see what that wire correlates to (you can do the same - it's red with a brown/gray/band?) but it looks like it went right on the end of your 10 pin zip connector about 2 inches away.

#3571 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I'd have to get out the manual and see what that wire correlates to (you can do the same - it's red with a brown/gray/band?) but it looks like it went right on the end of your 10 pin zip connector about 2 inches away.

All the connectors have wires in them?

I don't have a manual

#3572 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

All the connectors have wires in them?
I don't have a manual

You do now!

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2493/Data_East_1993_Tales_from_the_Crypt_Manual.pdf

#3575 4 years ago

Hello Guys, interest check about next batch of ball trough opto board:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-data-east-ball-trough-opto-board-#post-5306124
Thank you.

#3576 4 years ago

Is both wires hooked onto the bulb that sits above the shooter lane?

#3577 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Is both wires hooked onto the bulb that sits above the shooter lane?

That would be a yes. See the photo below.

Gord

P1010547 (resized).JPGP1010547 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#3578 4 years ago

Anyone got a PIN2DMD in their TFTC?

#3579 4 years ago

The bumbers of my tales from the crypt are very weak .. How can I fix them? The ball must hit hard to activate them

IMG_20171212_120151 (resized).jpgIMG_20171212_120151 (resized).jpgIMG_20171212_120201 (resized).jpgIMG_20171212_120201 (resized).jpgIMG_20171212_120156 (resized).jpgIMG_20171212_120156 (resized).jpgIMG_20171212_120204 (resized).jpgIMG_20171212_120204 (resized).jpgIMG_20171212_120149 (resized).jpgIMG_20171212_120149 (resized).jpg
#3580 4 years ago

Does anybody know where I can get my hands on chadh’s upgraded code rom? I would rather just get the replacement EPROM instead of trying to burn it, I cant do that. Is it just a straight up chip replacement, plug and play?

#3581 4 years ago

Did you try sending ChadH a PM or try contacting him thru his website http://www.pinballcode.com ? Hopefully he is still around, a really nice guy.

#3582 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

The bumbers of my tales from the crypt are very weak .. How can I fix them? The ball must hit hard to activate them[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You need to adjust the spoon/switch contacts on the pop bumpers. Its kinda pain, essentially lift the playfield up find the switch contacts for the pop bumpers. and bend the switch contacts as close as they can go without touching. Assuming the plastic spoon is in good shape too. You can also replace the spoon, Very finnicky job.

#3583 4 years ago

Also - wanted to say I'm officially out of the club now, its been good guys! Hopefully I don't miss the game but its been a great 3 years!

#3584 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

È necessario regolare i contatti cucchiaio / interruttore sui paraurti pop. È un po 'doloroso, essenzialmente alzare il campo di gioco per trovare i contatti di commutazione per i paraurti pop. e piegare i contatti dell'interruttore il più vicino possibile senza toccarli. Supponendo che anche il cucchiaio di plastica sia in buone condizioni. Puoi anche sostituire il cucchiaio, un lavoro molto fine.

Thank you, I hope to be able to do it because I never did it and at first sight I could not understand how to do it looking under the playfield

#3585 4 years ago

Anyone have an extra 1-way gate assembly (515-5895-00) or have an idea on where to find one? Manual screencap below for reference. First few places (Marco, PBL, etc) either don't carry them or are out of stock. I was starting to flip out my rings and do a partial shop job and noticed mine is absent.

Please let me know if anyone can help. Thanks!

***EDIT: I see Cliffy makes these, so I may try there (unless someone has another option or extra they wanna sell me).***

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 4.44.27 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-10 at 4.44.27 PM (resized).png

#3586 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Did you try sending ChadH a PM or try contacting him thru his website http://www.pinballcode.com ? Hopefully he is still around, a really nice guy.

Yes I contacted him and he led me to a source that will burn it and ship it to me. Thanks.

#3587 4 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Anyone have an extra 1-way gate assembly (515-5895-00) or have an idea on where to find one? Manual screencap below for reference. First few places (Marco, PBL, etc) either don't carry them or are out of stock. I was starting to flip out my rings and do a partial shop job and noticed mine is absent.
Please let me know if anyone can help. Thanks!
***EDIT: I see Cliffy makes these, so I may try there (unless someone has another option or extra they wanna sell me).***
[quoted image]

Cliffy is your guy on this part.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/tftc/TFTC-orbit-515-5895-00.JPG

I purchased some TFTC ball gates from him a couple of years ago.

Gord

#3588 4 years ago

Up near ball launch.

Still no clue where this goes?

20191025_162054 (resized).jpg20191025_162054 (resized).jpg
#3589 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Up near ball launch.
Still no clue where this goes?[quoted image]

Alright...key is to learn to read (let alone HAVE) your manual/schematics - it will tell you everything you need to know....RED/GRN - from what it looks to me (I could be color blind) - is a Lamp Return - this 'returns' to CN6 position 6 (you'll see its the same wire color on the connector) on the CPU board....this means that this wire controls the following lamps: Psycho Pops, Scoop, E, E, Rats, P, Living Dead & Multiball.....so go into test mode and see which, if not all, of those lamps are working.....you should be able to 'trace' that RED/ GRN wire throughout all of those lamps to see where the break is....

#3590 4 years ago

I'm super sorry posted wrong picture.

It's a solid Red wire near kickback?

There was really hoping when a you could just look at your machine and take a picture in show me where it's supposed to go.

I do have a book but cannot figure out where this one goes.

Also cannot turn on a machine and test as it is completely torn apart and being shopped.

15762657455202471057952765905774 (resized).jpg15762657455202471057952765905774 (resized).jpg
#3591 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

There was really hoping when a you could just look at your machine and take a picture in show me where it's supposed to go.
Also cannot turn on a machine and test as it is completely torn apart and being shopped.[quoted image]

I know you are looking for an answer - but you are likely going to have to help yourself here a bit (if you take your time - the manual shows all).....the manual indicates that the red wire goes to either of the slings or pops....that's 5 potential coils....it may also go to the diverter....one of those is your answer

#3592 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Also cannot turn on a machine and test as it is completely torn apart and being shopped.[quoted image]

I just escaped a 4 hour meal with my 5yr old and tried to get a pic for you. I couldn't even find a solid red wire anywhere near that area. I also have a large plastic standoff instead of that wire loop holder in your pic and additional plugs. My wires were so dirty, it didn't help either. The wire going to my kickout coil under the apron could be solid red, but its nearly black with soot.
20191213_190746.jpg20191213_190746.jpg

#3593 4 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Cliffy is your guy on this part.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/tftc/TFTC-orbit-515-5895-00.JPG
I purchased some TFTC ball gates from him a couple of years ago.
Gord

Ditto. I replaced all my gates on Tales with Cliffies. Scoop protector as well. Cliff is the man.

#3594 4 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Anyone got a PIN2DMD in their TFTC?

I went with a ColorDMD (LED) replacement. DE did a surprisingly great job with those early graphics. Well worth colorizing.

#3595 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

I went with a ColorDMD (LED) replacement. DE did a surprisingly great job with those early graphics. Well worth colorizing.

Thats,
Well I have a pair of Pin2DMds coming my way as part of a group buy so thats why I was asking.
Yes the Dots are great,I love the colour DMD version but I can't (wont) spend that much on a dmd!

#3596 4 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

I just escaped a 4 hour meal with my 5yr old and tried to get a pic for you. I couldn't even find a solid red wire anywhere near that area. I also have a large plastic standoff instead of that wire loop holder in your pic and additional plugs. My wires were so dirty, it didn't help either. The wire going to my kickout coil under the apron could be solid red, but its nearly black with soot.
[quoted image]

Thank you for picture and effort.
Mine is same but still have this other random red wire?

#3597 4 years ago

Picked up a TFTC and joined the Fang Club today (Spooky Pinball has a members club also called the Fang Club). Still un-modded, no LEDs, decent wear on the scoop (I have a a mantis protector ready to install) but everything else appears to be in great shape. Cabinet hasn’t any fade. Looking to clean it up, fix the scoop and get the ROM update. It’s going to be fun!

#3598 4 years ago

So I checked my TFTC code and it looks like cpu version 1.5 and display code a1.03. Are there only two chips for Chad’s update?

#3599 4 years ago

Can anyone give me the meassurement of the anti airball plastic so i can create it please
I am still waiting for somewhere to order, so now i want to make them

#3600 4 years ago

Have a problem fired up my machine yesterday and dmd just had lines I could smell something burning turned it off and it was where my finger was so hot it could take the skin off anyone have any ideas

20191229_154332 (resized).jpg20191229_154332 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.95
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (OBO)
$ 64.00
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/72?hl=jamex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.