Topic Stats

• 3,577 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 117 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,093 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1010547 (resized).JPG
20191110_065836 (resized).jpg
20191110_065854 (resized).jpg
tftc final 047 (resized).JPG
tftc final 046 (resized).JPG
tftc final 044 (resized).JPG
tftc final 038 (resized).JPG
tftc final 042 (resized).JPG
tftc final 030 (resized).JPG
tftc final 026 (resized).JPG
tftc final 027 (resized).JPG
tftc final 025 (resized).JPG
tftc final 024 (resized).JPG
tftc final 020 (resized).JPG
tftc final 023 (resized).JPG
tftc final 016 (resized).JPG

There are 3577 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 72.
#3551 30 days ago

I'm having airball mods made again. Dropped off sample today. Should hear back from shop early next week. Will update when ready.

#3552 28 days ago

My top secret resto-mod which I brought to Pinball Expo.

TFTC shirt project 008 (resized).JPGpasted_image (resized).png
#3553 28 days ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

My top secret resto-mod which I brought to Pinball Expo.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Makes it look like a modern Stern almost...All you need is the color led dmd..

#3554 27 days ago

My eyeballs came yesterday in the mail. Question for everyone that did this mod. When the light inside the eye lights up can you see it through the pupil or iris at all or does it just light up the sides?

20191021_212653 (resized).jpg20191021_212701 (resized).jpg
#3555 27 days ago
Quoted from fatality83:

My eyeballs came yesterday in the mail. Question for everyone that did this mod. When the light inside the eye lights up can you see it through the pupil or iris at all or does it just light up the sides?[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from fatality83:

My eyeballs came yesterday in the mail. Question for everyone that did this mod. When the light inside the eye lights up can you see it through the pupil or iris at all or does it just light up the sides?[quoted image][quoted image]

Iris and globe of the eye.

#3556 27 days ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Mine has foam behind it ,it is a little floppy but it works perfectly.Cheers.[quoted image]

I found the RIP with switch in Germany to replace it complete only the target and the siwtch mounted

And i need anti airball plastic, with postage to Sweden any suggestions?

#3557 25 days ago

Anyone have a rough TFTC they are looking to sell?

#3558 24 days ago

Played mine last night a bunch and an issue popped up. It seems like when in multi ball it started taking longer to pop the 2nd and 3rd ball out then normal. Also sometimes it only popped out the 2nd ball and not the 3rd. Of course when that happens and the 2nd ball drains and I only have only one ball in play the game still thought I had two and wouldn't end multi ball like it should. I looked down under the apron and saw there was an empty spot for the ball like one was missing. I pulled the apron and there was a ball sitting in the up kicker just sitting there. My guess is the opto for the ball up kicker is not working or is working intermittently. What does everyone do for this issue? Obviously clean the opto with a q tip and some alcohol I guess. Is there anything else I can try to do? Reflow solder somewhere?

#3559 22 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I'm having airball mods made again. Dropped off sample today. Should hear back from shop early next week. Will update when ready.

Thanks please send memo when ready

#3560 22 days ago

Complete with diod
Metal back and blade switch

TFTC Tombstone (resized).jpg
#3561 22 days ago
Quoted from Mister_Swede:

Thanks please send memo when ready

I am in for a airball plastic.

#3562 22 days ago

Finally got TFTC up and running after Pinball Expo. I told someone on my last post I would post detailed pictures, so here they are!! Thanks for your support!!

tftc final 001 (resized).JPGtftc final 003 (resized).JPGtftc final 005 (resized).JPGtftc final 006 (resized).JPGtftc final 007 (resized).JPGtftc final 008 (resized).JPGtftc final 009 (resized).JPGtftc final 011 (resized).JPGtftc final 013 (resized).JPGtftc final 016 (resized).JPGtftc final 018 (resized).JPGtftc final 020 (resized).JPGtftc final 023 (resized).JPGtftc final 024 (resized).JPGtftc final 025 (resized).JPGtftc final 026 (resized).JPGtftc final 027 (resized).JPGtftc final 030 (resized).JPGtftc final 038 (resized).JPGtftc final 042 (resized).JPGtftc final 044 (resized).JPGtftc final 046 (resized).JPGtftc final 047 (resized).JPG
#3563 22 days ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Played mine last night a bunch and an issue popped up. It seems like when in multi ball it started taking longer to pop the 2nd and 3rd ball out then normal. Also sometimes it only popped out the 2nd ball and not the 3rd. Of course when that happens and the 2nd ball drains and I only have only one ball in play the game still thought I had two and wouldn't end multi ball like it should. I looked down under the apron and saw there was an empty spot for the ball like one was missing. I pulled the apron and there was a ball sitting in the up kicker just sitting there. My guess is the opto for the ball up kicker is not working or is working intermittently. What does everyone do for this issue? Obviously clean the opto with a q tip and some alcohol I guess. Is there anything else I can try to do? Reflow solder somewhere?

Hi. Unless you have the upgrade there are no optos in the Tales ball trough area. Switches only. The ball trough on Tales is know to have issues as do like Data East games from that period. I ended up replacing my roll over switches as well as the switch that triggers the solenoid that fires the ball into the shooter alley. This might help. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/testing-de-ball-trough-switches#post-3883196

#3564 21 days ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Hi. Unless you have the upgrade there are no optos in the Tales ball trough area. Switches only. The ball trough on Tales is know to have issues as do like Data East games from that period. I ended up replacing my roll over switches as well as the switch that triggers the solenoid that fires the ball into the shooter alley. This might help. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/testing-de-ball-trough-switches#post-3883196

Thanks, yeah it actually has a switch. I just looked down into the up kicker and saw a hole were a opto could be mounted but when i actually pulled the apron off i noticed it has a switch instead. I bent the arm for the switch out a little more so the ball is definitly triggering it. Hasn't happened since then and played a bunch of games since. Thanks

#3565 19 days ago

Airball mods are in production. Only making 25 sets. $15 shipped. PM me if you would like to get on the wait list. I think they are being delivered around Nov. 6th. Once I have them and verify the quality I will collect payment and ship.

#3566 19 days ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Thanks, yeah it actually has a switch. I just looked down into the up kicker and saw a hole were a opto could be mounted but when i actually pulled the apron off i noticed it has a switch instead. I bent the arm for the switch out a little more so the ball is definitly triggering it. Hasn't happened since then and played a bunch of games since. Thanks

After I adjusted the switch it seems like it always kicks the balls out like it should but every once and awhile there seems to be some type of issue that only happens during multi ball. Just seems like the ball kick out times are not consistent. For example it will kick the 2nd ball out to start multi ball but there is a delay for the 3rd ball being kicked out. Always happens when I am not paying attention to it to see what is going on. I would imagine the ball isn't moving to the shooter quick enough for some reason. I will check out that thread that was linked above and see if that helps anything.

#3567 19 days ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

Finally got TFTC up and running after Pinball Expo. I told someone on my last post I would post detailed pictures, so here they are!! Thanks for your support!!</blockquote

Amazing game! VERY jealous. I have a TftC and it's one of my all time favorite machines. Mine plays fine, but it's in pretty rough cosmetic condition.

At some point if I find a nicer one I hope to sell mine and upgrade

#3568 18 days ago
Quoted from fatality83:

After I adjusted the switch it seems like it always kicks the balls out like it should but every once and awhile there seems to be some type of issue that only happens during multi ball. Just seems like the ball kick out times are not consistent. For example it will kick the 2nd ball out to start multi ball but there is a delay for the 3rd ball being kicked out. Always happens when I am not paying attention to it to see what is going on. I would imagine the ball isn't moving to the shooter quick enough for some reason. I will check out that thread that was linked above and see if that helps anything.

Check to see if the balls are magnetized.
I had it once in a game where one ball was "sticking" to the others in the through and causing problems.

1 week later
#3569 8 days ago

Will what are you please help me and tell me where this random red wires close to go?

I have been cleaning topside a machine since I received it and I have not been able to sort out this wire.

20191110_065836 (resized).jpg20191110_065854 (resized).jpg
#3570 6 days ago

I'd have to get out the manual and see what that wire correlates to (you can do the same - it's red with a brown/gray/band?) but it looks like it went right on the end of your 10 pin zip connector about 2 inches away.

#3571 5 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I'd have to get out the manual and see what that wire correlates to (you can do the same - it's red with a brown/gray/band?) but it looks like it went right on the end of your 10 pin zip connector about 2 inches away.

All the connectors have wires in them?

I don't have a manual

#3572 5 days ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

All the connectors have wires in them?
I don't have a manual

You do now!

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2493/Data_East_1993_Tales_from_the_Crypt_Manual.pdf

#3575 3 days ago

Hello Guys, interest check about next batch of ball trough opto board:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-data-east-ball-trough-opto-board-#post-5306124
Thank you.

#3576 3 days ago

Is both wires hooked onto the bulb that sits above the shooter lane?

#3577 1 day ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Is both wires hooked onto the bulb that sits above the shooter lane?

That would be a yes. See the photo below.

Gord

P1010547 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Wimberley, TX
Machine - For Sale
Melun
There are 3577 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 72.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside