image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 101.
#301 10 years ago

Here is my black light mod, I believe I posted it before, but figured it might be nice to keep the pics together for easy locating.
The pics are meh, but it gives the basic idea.
The PF has some awesome black light responce art, the green really pops, and looks like neon green "slime." The first pic is GI only, second pic is Black Light (BL) only, and the third is BOTH the GI and BL on. IMG_0899.JPGIMG_0899.JPG

#302 10 years ago

I did a buch of touch-ups with the TFTC specific paint. Here are a couple of shots to get the basic idea of how well it matches with the original color/paint.

Here is the link to the website I got the paint from: http://www.pinballuniverse.com/PinballPaints.htm

RIGHT side, inside of cabinet (I think this area gets ruffed-up on many TFTC machines)
Top=before, Bottom=after
IMG_0872.JPGIMG_0872.JPG

Lockdown bar area
Top=before, Bottom=after
IMG_0870.JPGIMG_0870.JPG

#303 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

I used a red in the shooter lane, as it gave it an eerie look and matched the red in the plastic by the ball launcher nicely.

I also put LEDs in the coin door buttons.
top LEFT= normal bulb, top RIGHT=LED bulb, BOTTOM= side-by-side (Regular bulb on left, LED on right)

That red looks sweet, I'll have to do that to mine. Thanks for all the pics

#304 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

Thanks for all the pics

I'm glad you liked them! I posted hem hoping they would be helpful to the group!

#305 10 years ago

Great detailed updates thanks.

#306 10 years ago

Working on rebuilding the flippers today. I ended up ordering the scared stiff flippers for the lower playfield and a translucent yellow for the upper right. I'm liking how they look.

photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG

#307 10 years ago

Love the before and after pictures.

#308 10 years ago

Do you have pictures of the actual black light you installed and location? I ordered some led strips and I'm waiting to get them in. It would be nice to see what you've done.

#309 10 years ago

Comet pinball (I'm assuming the others do as well) sell black light LEDs in both the 44 and 555 bases. I ordered some to have black light effects on specific parts of the playfield.

#310 10 years ago

Doing a litlle custom painting on the lock down bar, side rails and legs. Still have some work to do along with clear coat.

20131005_163104.jpg20131005_163104.jpg 20131005_163043.jpg20131005_163043.jpg

#311 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

I just spoke to Melissa at cointaker. Im going to get the kit there. Now I know who to blame if I dont like it. Just kidding! Do you have pics or video?

I had cointaker LED light kit added to mine machine when I bought it. Yes I like it. Yes its bright but super cool in the dark. I am not a profession at this stuff by any means but like it and strobe affect. Others who don't know anything about pinball and come over to play love it and act like the game is not over 20 years old. Win Win.

#312 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

As I re-rubbered the PF, I decided to go with the Cliffy green post sleeves. I liked the green best, as it went with the green slime/ooze that is used throughout the PF artwork.
I did a side-by-side with a "stock" black for comparison.

That's the toughest shot in the game in my opinion and seems to not always register. Good luck hitting it five times or completing this mode. Tough. I think I got up to two. But it is important to add an extra ball to playfield at times.

#313 10 years ago

Do you have pictures of the actual black light you installed and location? I ordered some led strips and I'm waiting to get them in. It would be nice to see what you've done.

I ordered mine from ebay, via a seller named POMBOTECH". I got the set-up that included the black light LED strip (self adhesive back), with the needed power plug and adapter. The whole set-up came to $34.99 shipped.
Here is a link to the ebay item, if the link eventually dies for whatever reason, you can simply do a keyword "black light LED strip'", and look for the seller I mentioned.

ebay.com link: 395 405nm 5M UV ultraviolet 300LEDs 5050 SMD black light Strip Lamp 12V 5A Power

Here is a pic of the item from the seller's listing, so you get an idea of what it is.
black_light.jpgblack_light.jpg

As for the instalation, I mounted the strip to the inside left/right side walls, just below the glass line, and simply the line of the glass (just below the glass line by about 0.5-0.75 inch below the glass line inside the machine. I liked this locarion as it doesn't shine directly at your face/eyes--since it is angled at the PF, and I also felt it gave a nice even coverege of all areas of the PF and such.

You should be able to get a basic idea from the pic below (it's one I had taken previously, but if you need, I can get another pic for you)

IMG_2634.jpgIMG_2634.jpg

#314 10 years ago
Quoted from NickRocco:

Doing a litlle custom painting on the lock down bar, side rails and legs. Still have some work to do along with clear coat.

that is AMAZING! nice job!

#315 10 years ago
Quoted from NickRocco:

Does it light up under black light? Are ya gonna add more colors to it? Looks GREAT!!!

#316 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

I ordered mine from ebay, via a seller named POMBOTECH". I got the set-up that included the black light LED strip (self adhesive back), with the needed power plug and adapter. The whole set-up came to $34.99 shipped.
Here is a link to the ebay item, if the link eventually dies for whatever reason, you can simply do a keyword "black light LED strip'", and look for the seller I mentioned.
Ebay link
Here is a pic of the item from the seller's listing, so you get an idea of what it is.

As for the instalation, I mounted the strip to the inside left/right side walls, just below the glass line, and simply the line of the glass (just below the glass line by about 0.5-0.75 inch below the glass line inside the machine. I liked this locarion as it doesn't shine directly at your face/eyes--since it is angled at the PF, and I also felt it gave a nice even coverege of all areas of the PF and such.
You should be able to get a basic idea from the pic below (it's one I had taken previously, but if you need, I can get another pic for you)

How tricky is it to lift the playfield?

#317 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How tricky is it to lift the playfield?

it's snug, but it is tolerable

#318 10 years ago

Thanks, that's what I plan on doing. Do the leds look really out of place when the lights (room lights) are on though? I was thinking of maybe making a little lip (small L shaped bracket thing) for them to sit under and hopefully hide a bit. Not sure how I'm going to tackle that yet just an idea at this point.

#319 10 years ago

600 mile round trip. I am now in the club!!

#320 10 years ago
Quoted from NickRocco:

Omg! I want!!!! That is super sweet man! Awesome job!!

#321 10 years ago

First if many questions....where do I buy a dmd glare stop for tftc? I can't see the back of the play field

#322 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

Congrats. Can't wait to see the pictures! Of course, you may need some sleep after that trip.

#323 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

First if many questions....where do I buy a dmd glare stop for tftc? I can't see the back of the play field

http://www.pinballpal.com/dmd/

#324 10 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Thanks, that's what I plan on doing. Do the leds look really out of place when the lights (room lights) are on though? I was thinking of maybe making a little lip (small L shaped bracket thing) for them to sit under and hopefully hide a bit. Not sure how I'm going to tackle that yet just an idea at this point.

I don't think they look out of place at all. I have had friends over who didn't notice anything was different until I was like "hey, let me show you this mod!" But, then again, I guess they were not directly looking for it, as, yes, you can plainly see the strip if you are looking for it. But, I feel it is pretty far from an eyesore, especially since I am happy with the end result of what the mod does.

#325 10 years ago

On mine just put the strip under the back above the purple plastic..it lights up the top of the PF....It is completely hidden..it doesn't uv the bottom but I'm getting some uv 44's from Comet that should take care of that...

IMG_2773.jpgIMG_2773.jpg

#326 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

Congradulations That wasn't so bad was it.

#327 10 years ago

Hey guys just got an email from aztrac, he's looking to sell his beautiful TFTC. It's in great shape, he puts a lot of TLC into his games. I bought his Elvira and I couldn't be happier with it. Contact him if your looking for a top notch TFTC.

Me_&_Elvira_1.JPGMe_&_Elvira_1.JPG

#329 10 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

On mine just put the strip under the back above the purple plastic..it lights up the top of the PF....It is completely hidden..it doesn't uv the bottom but I'm getting some uv 44's from Comet that should take care of that...

Those uv 44's aren't very strong so let us know how many and where you put them on.

#330 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Ebay link

and if you were really good with a Dremel Tool you could route a 1/8in deep grove and lay the strip in it and the led's would be flush with the cab sides. That would be a REAL custom installation.

#331 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Those uv 44's aren't very strong so let us know how many and where you put them on.

I'm going to be installing mine today. I'll try and take a couple pictures. It'll be on a bare playfield but should show the general brightness and whatnot.

#332 10 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

I'm going to be installing mine today. I'll try and take a couple pictures. It'll be on a bare playfield but should show the general brightness and whatnot.

Thanks much.

#333 10 years ago

Here are a couple of pics with 5 of the comet UV 44 bulbs installed. It was not exactly dark in my work room but I like the effect. They're definitely accent lighting rather than overall playfield lighting. There are 2 UV bulbs at the very back of the playfield. Another one is behind where the captive ball goes. There's one by the upper right flipper and the last one is on the left by the eyeballs.

What do you guys think of my color scheme so far? I'm trying to keep the playfield from getting too blue in overall color. One thing about TFTC, I think it needs more red, both in the inserts and the playfield illumination. So I tried to add a bit of red, orange and yellow here and there. I also added purple leds in a few of the white inserts. I really like how that turned out.

For those of you doing leds on this game, it was a real pain in the butt doing the crypt keeper inserts in front of the drop targets. There just isn't much room in there for your hands, and I had my drop target assembly partially apart.

photo_1_(2).JPGphoto_1_(2).JPG photo_2_(2).JPGphoto_2_(2).JPG

#334 10 years ago

Thanks for the effort. They didn't light the playfield like I was hoping, not powerful enough. I'm going to try a 75 watt incandesent in a reflector above the game between the floor joists so it's mostly hidden but that won't happen for a couple of weeks. Party City has the 75 watt bulbs for $1.99.

#335 10 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cftbl-drive-in-themed-dvd-player-topper-with-creature-from-black-lagoon-dvd

I think we bed a similar tftc topper made to look like the house from the show intro with old season DVD playing episodes while you play the game.

#336 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cftbl-drive-in-themed-dvd-player-topper-with-creature-from-black-lagoon-dvd
I think we bed a similar tftc topper made to look like the house from the show intro with old season DVD playing episodes while you play the game.

that would be AWESOME!

#337 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

and if you were really good with a Dremel Tool you could route a 1/8in deep grove and lay the strip in it and the led's would be flush with the cab sides. That would be a REAL custom installation.

true

#338 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah, who's good at making big bird house size boxes that look like old spooky old mansions? I like it.

#339 10 years ago

I hope that you and many people know that the guy who ran this site has had health issues and his online store has been closed for awhile. I know the site is still up and running....but any orders placed will not be filled!!

#340 10 years ago

Got to check out my tftc at the local arcade last night where it is hanging out through Halloween. Good to see it running at 100%.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#341 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I hope that you and many people know that the guy who ran this site has had health issues and his online store has been closed for awhile. I know the site is still up and running....but any orders placed will not be filled!!

Didn't know that thanks. I get my Glare Guards from Twistedpins.com.

#342 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Got to check out my tftc at the local arcade last night where it is hanging out through Halloween. Good to see it running at 100%.

Hope your making some money with it. How many paying plays so far?

#343 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

NICE! Is the Gorgar yours too? I have both Gorgar and a TFTC in my collection and love them both!

#344 10 years ago

No money, just on loan to the local arcade because he helps me out a lot with repairs and operates an awesome location with 30 pins for us to play locally, don't mind him having it for a bit during the holiday season. Not sure on plays, went on the floor Friday night just as the local haunted house was opening down the street, but I'll check in with his totals this week, it was occupied the whole time I was there Saturday night. The Gorgar is his, that is my only game down there right now.

#345 10 years ago

Here are the pics of my TftC. I was going to led it out, but i really like it with the bulbs being a horror pin. Leds look great on many machines, but i prefer bulbs on horror pins, just gives it a darker, gloomy look.

Photo_Oct_06,_8_34_24_PM.jpgPhoto_Oct_06,_8_34_24_PM.jpg Photo_Oct_06,_8_34_11_PM.jpgPhoto_Oct_06,_8_34_11_PM.jpg

#346 10 years ago

Didn't like the ugly card here where it said the name of the arcade where it once was so i printed this up and stuck it in there. I think it looks nice.

Photo_Oct_06,_8_46_14_PM.jpgPhoto_Oct_06,_8_46_14_PM.jpg

#347 10 years ago

That's an awesome card. I'm a big fan of the old EC comics. Do you remember were you yanked it from, would love to print that out for mine!

#348 10 years ago
Quoted from UCSBrandon:

That's an awesome card. I'm a big fan of the old EC comics. Do you remember were you yanked it from, would love to print that out for mine!

I just googled Tales from the Crypt, clicked on images, and found this one. I copied it into Word so I could shrink it to the exact size. Glad you like it!

#349 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

Here are the pics of my TftC. I was going to led it out, but i really like it with the bulbs being a horror pin. Leds look great on many machines, but i prefer bulbs on horror pins, just gives it a darker, gloomy look.

Looks nice! I love the topper too. I hope you're enjoying it. Someday mine will be put back together again...

#350 10 years ago

Just as a heads up to fans of the show as well right now Sams club has all of the seasons available on DVD for just $9.99 each, I picked up the seasons I was missing there yesterday and had a bit of a marathon of some TFTC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 15.00
$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.