image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 101.
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What do you mean "anyone here have the inserts and done lighting". Please explain. Thanks

I think he's asking if anyone else has green inserts in their head unit and how they've lit them

#253 10 years ago

Yes I was asking about lighting the inserts in the head. I found and old RGP thread about it so I think I've got an idea of how to do it now. Didn't want a topper before but if I can track one down now I've heard it makes a cool lighting effect on it. Anyways thanks guys, if anyone here has the pictures of how they have lit it up would love to see it still.

#254 10 years ago

Got to play my game last night! About 95% working or so. Main problem is once I've lowered the tombstone the VUK doesn't always sense when the ball has been hit into the crypt. Also a question I have when shooting the tombstone it is currently awarding me multiple letters towards crypt making multiball really easy to obtain. My question is do you think this is a switch adjustment or is it adjustable in the game settings? Thanks for any help. Game is going on loan to Main Street Amusements in Lafayette for the month of October so if anyone in the Indiana area is looking for one to play on location it will be available for play there through Halloween.

#255 10 years ago

Going to be joining the club this weekend! It's in great shape just no leds. I have seen it with leds and it looks amazing, but like some say, just wondering if it is too bright and hurts the eyes. also, if i do go with leds, what leds should i get, what color, where to place, etc.? thanks

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

Going to be joining the club this weekend! It's in great shape just no leds. I have seen it with leds and it looks amazing, but like some say, just wondering if it is too bright and hurts the eyes. also, if i do go with leds, what leds should i get, what color, where to place, etc.? thanks

Experiment is my advice. I bought no kits ; I just bought lots of LEDs and "played around."

I will say for the vasty majority of the inserts, I used these:

http://shop.cointaker.com/category.sc;jsessionid=22646FC0BA4E082225144FF5DB69DEF3.m1plqscsfapp01?categoryId=211

I just matched the insert color with the bulb color. Came out darn nice. Don't LED the flashers; you won't notice nearly any difference.

#257 10 years ago

Welcome to the club! As far as LEDs go, you could go with a kit--say from cointaker. They will color match all of the leds to your inserts. It makes things nice and simple and I hear great things about them. I am doing leds in my tales sometime this week or next and I just ordered a bunch of different colors from comet pinball (the guy there was super nice). That way, if I want to stick a green led where the kit might specify white, it's no problem. You'll also likely end up saving money if you just order packs of 25 or 100 leds in various colors, rather than the kits, particularly if you think you might put leds in any other machines. I spent about 110 dollars shipped for about 330 leds, so if you go that route, you'll spend less and end up with more bulbs to experiment with. Put up some photos when you get it!

#258 10 years ago

So I have a question or two. Anyone know how many and what size spacers are needed for this pin? I'm sure I'm missing a few and I can't seem to find that info in the manual. Comparing these data east manuals to the sega manuals of a few years later, it's like night and day. Sega has nice pictures of every flippin playfield part there is, even the hardware. Data East, not so much.

#259 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

I just color matched but not the yellow, the yellow led made no dif. so I put a cool white in. I use Pinballbulbs.com because they have a frosted white cover over the led and to make it a Super Bright just pop the cover off. I keep one of each color that has the cover off and when the new covered bulbs come I try one of my keeper cover off bulbs first and then I try one of the new covered bulbs next, then decide which brightness I like best. Hope I explained it correctly.

#260 10 years ago

Thanks guys, I'll post pics this weekend. I think I will put leds in it, just as long as it's not so bright it hurts my eyes, like newpinowner said i'll just have to experiment.

#261 10 years ago

One other question, are all leds in tftc the 44/77? thanks for all you guys help!

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

It looks like I'm going to need to replace at least one of my bumper skirts. My machine has white skirts but I was wondering if anyone has experimented with different colors. Marco sells blue, orange and violet. I thought blue, violet or green might look good.

I used red in mine, I think it looks really good.

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

I used red in mine, I think it looks really good.

Funny you mentioned that. My red bumper skirts just arrived today! Now I need to decide what color for the post rubber. I've seen some green which looks good. I'm toying with using purple .

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

One other question, are all leds in tftc the 44/77? thanks for all you guys help!

Lift the pf and check it out. Gotta learn your game sooner or later.

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Lift the pf and check it out. Gotta learn your game sooner or later.

This. But to answer your question, most of the leds in TFTC are the 44 type (91 of those). There are 34 of the 555 type and 31 of the type 89 (flashers). These counts may not include backbox lighting, not entirely sure. But those are 44s as well.

#266 10 years ago

Visited my game again last night, playing well now, but going to order the VUK rebuild kits and have it going at 100% for now and the foreseeable future, really looking forward to playing it. Previous owner of mine threw LEDs in a few places and for now I'm just going to leave it like that, maybe experiment in the future, but to me LED can look pretty but for most games but in reality won't really have an impact on game play for the most part.

#267 10 years ago

Anybody in the fang club have a spare short wireform (connects to the vuk in the upper right hand corner)?

#268 10 years ago

Has anybody tried this LED kit? http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/05-1769

If so, thoughts, pictures? thanks.

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

Has anybody tried this LED kit? http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/05-1769

I've not used it but that looks pretty nice and I've gotten really fast shipping from Marco in the past. If you're wanting to go the kit route I think that one would work well. Have you checked out cointaker's kits? With the pinside discount there you might end up getting a kit for a little less than at Marco.

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

I've not used it but that looks pretty nice and I've gotten really fast shipping from Marco in the past. If you're wanting to go the kit route I think that one would work well. Have you checked out cointaker's kits? With the pinside discount there you might end up getting a kit for a little less than at Marco.

How do you get the discount?

#271 10 years ago

Type in "pinside" in the promo code field. Also try "pinside15" or "pinside20". They occasionally offer better discounts than the normal 10 percent

#272 10 years ago

Awesome thanks!

#273 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

You can get the kit from Coin Taker as well. I designed the kit for them a few years go.

BR

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from brightonrock:

You can get the kit from Coin Taker as well. I designed the kit for them a few years go.
BR

I just spoke to Melissa at cointaker. Im going to get the kit there. Now I know who to blame if I dont like it. Just kidding! Do you have pics or video?

#275 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

I just spoke to Melissa at cointaker. Im going to get the kit there. Now I know who to blame if I dont like it. Just kidding! Do you have pics or video?

Sweet! Can't wait to see your photos.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#276 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

No pictures, but I think you will enjoy it.

BR

#277 10 years ago

Has anyone done the rear gate removal to their TFTC that is suggested on the games profile story page here on pinside to help flow? if so opinions? Thanks.

#278 10 years ago

I haven't and wasn't aware of the suggestion. Since my playfield is off at the moment anyway I think I'll give it a whirl when I put it all back together

#279 10 years ago

Yeah the argument for it makes sense that the ball can flow through better and rely on the diverter to direct the ball into the pops for the modes where that is necessary. Hopefully a few people who have tried it can chime in.

#280 10 years ago

My diverter hasn't worked since i bought the game...I would like to get it working but it is nice to get to the pop's through the right orbit....where is it supposed to divert?

#281 10 years ago

Not sure exactly but here is the story from the original poster.

"Written by thokennedy, published October 26th, 2011. Read 274 times. 1 comment(s).
There is a gate on the top right corner that prevents a left orbit shot to flow through to the upper flipper, and instead the ball dribbles into the pops. In addition to that, there is a diverter that does the same when anything involving big points with the pops is active.
You can remove the gate...and this allows a fun flowing shot through the left orbit, and a good set up shot to the upper flipper. And since the diverter puts the balls in the pops when you would want it to, the gate isn't really needed anyway.
To me this makes the games flow alot better and allows some good set up shots to the upper flipper...hope you experience the same!
TK"

#282 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Not sure exactly but here is the story from the original poster.
"Written by thokennedy, published October 26th, 2011. Read 274 times. 1 comment(s).
There is a gate on the top right corner that prevents a left orbit shot to flow through to the upper flipper, and instead the ball dribbles into the pops. In addition to that, there is a diverter that does the same when anything involving big points with the pops is active.
You can remove the gate...and this allows a fun flowing shot through the left orbit, and a good set up shot to the upper flipper. And since the diverter puts the balls in the pops when you would want it to, the gate isn't really needed anyway.
To me this makes the games flow alot better and allows some good set up shots to the upper flipper...hope you experience the same!
TK"

Any pictures of the parts removed?

#283 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Visited my game again last night, playing well now, but going to order the VUK rebuild kits and have it going at 100% for now and the foreseeable future, really looking forward to playing it. Previous owner of mine threw LEDs in a few places and for now I'm just going to leave it like that, maybe experiment in the future, but to me LED can look pretty but for most games but in reality won't really have an impact on game play for the most part.

If you nail the tombstone hard it often counts multiple hits. Pretty sure that's just how they are but perhaps software or hardware adjustments can be made? Did I give you the manual? If not let me know I will look for it.

As for the VUK switch @ the tombstone try bending or adjusting the round actuator wire in the saucer (I think that's how it works IIRC) if you haven't already.

Glad to hear she's @ 95% already!

#284 10 years ago
Quoted from brightonrock:

BR

Is this aka Blackrose!

#285 10 years ago

so remove the gate and get the diverter working ,I think, is the story...cool I'll try it

#286 10 years ago

Game 100% hit the floor at the local arcade tonight and staying through Halloween.

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If you nail the tombstone hard it often counts multiple hits. Pretty sure that's just how they are but perhaps software or hardware adjustments can be made? Did I give you the manual? If not let me know I will look for it.
As for the VUK switch @ the tombstone try bending or adjusting the round actuator wire in the saucer (I think that's how it works IIRC) if you haven't already.
Glad to hear she's @ 95% already!

I will check on the manual I'm not sure, but really no biggie downloaded it from ipbd already. Excited to have her running good.

#288 10 years ago

I just picked up my TFTC a few weeks ago. Got it working 100% within a few days. Now on to cleaning, cosmetic repairs and mods. I am in the process of airbrushing the lockdown bar, side rails and legs.

I am looking for a scan of the long clear plastic that runds down the upper right side of the playfield. As you can see mine is, well, not exactly as originall supplied. You can also see how filthy my game is.

Please let me know if you can help out with a scan for my damaged plastic.

I will post up some pics of my paint job when finished.

20131003_223916.jpg20131003_223916.jpg

#289 10 years ago

You'l REALLY like it when it's all shined up. Going for a full tare down cleaning? Have fun.

#290 10 years ago

What a revolting development!

#291 10 years ago

I have been meaning to post some pics from the restore I did (and am still doing) on my TFTC.
I thought it would be a good time to post them to our thread, as it seems like we have several new owners who are cleaning/modding their TFTC and might find my pics/stuff useful

Pic 1 is close-up

IMG_2120.JPGIMG_2120.JPG

Pic 2 is a further pic, so the Crypt Keeper can be seen, as the mod really fits in PERFECTLY with the art

IMG_2121.JPGIMG_2121.JPG

#292 10 years ago

How about an Axe-tra ball?

#293 10 years ago

My guillotine drop targets were missing the artwork when i got my game, but luckily there is repro decals on ebay that are easy enough to get.

IMG_2025.JPGIMG_2025.JPG

#294 10 years ago

As I re-rubbered the PF, I decided to go with the Cliffy green post sleeves. I liked the green best, as it went with the green slime/ooze that is used throughout the PF artwork.

I did a side-by-side with a "stock" black for comparison.

IMG_2108.JPGIMG_2108.JPG

#295 10 years ago

Cliffy hole protector installed (yes, I still need to bondo the actual wear around the hole, but it works for now)

IMG_2097.JPGIMG_2097.JPG

#296 10 years ago

I did the entire head in WHITE LED's.
The pic shows the head before (artwork off and artwork on),
half the head with LEDs (artwork off and artwork on) - LEDs on RIGHT side,
and finally the entire head with full LEDs (artwork off and artwork on).

IMG_2014.JPGIMG_2014.JPG

#297 10 years ago

I did the majority of the plastics in white, with some splashes of green in a few random places. I found the white allowed the artwork to show the best and really let the details pop.

Here are the sling shots (before w/normal bulbs, and after w/LED white bulbs)

LEFT side slingshot (LEFT =before w/normal bulbs, RIGHT=after w/LED white bulbs)
IMG_0511.JPGIMG_0511.JPG

RIGHT side slingshot (LEFT =before w/normal bulbs, RIGHT=after w/LED white bulbs)
IMG_0512.JPGIMG_0512.JPG

#298 10 years ago

Here are the plastics that feed to the flippers
Again, I went with white LEDs, as I do throughout the majority of plastics, as I found it helps the best.

I wont post all of the plastics, as I am sure you guys get the idea ...lol

RIGHT side (TOP =before w/normal bulbs, BOTTOM=after w/LED white bulbs)
IMG_0513.JPGIMG_0513.JPG

LEFT side (TOP =before w/normal bulbs, BOTTOM=after w/LED white bulbs)
IMG_0514.JPGIMG_0514.JPG

#299 10 years ago

For the majority of the inserts, I did white LEDs, again, I felt like they popped nicely and gave the artwork/plastic a nice even, smooth look and color.

LEFT side with normal bulbs, RIGHT side with white LED bulbs.
IMG_2073.JPGIMG_2073.JPG

The "C" is done with the white LED, the rest have the regular bulbs. I, of course, did them all with the LED white, but thought this would allow for a good comparison.
IMG_1980.jpgIMG_1980.jpg

Here is the completed "CRYPT" fully done with the white LEDs.

IMG_2034.jpgIMG_2034.jpg

#300 10 years ago

I used a red in the shooter lane, as it gave it an eerie look and matched the red in the plastic by the ball launcher nicely.

IMG_2010.JPGIMG_2010.JPG

I also put LEDs in the coin door buttons.
top LEFT= normal bulb, top RIGHT=LED bulb, BOTTOM= side-by-side (Regular bulb on left, LED on right)
IMG_2011.JPGIMG_2011.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 18.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/6?hl=wayinla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.