image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 101.
#3401 4 years ago
Quoted from Sgtmax:

Hey guys
how do I contact chad in regards to the updated code for my tftc?

You can see the changes, donate, and download the patches at Pinballcode.com
I can help if you don't burn your own roms.

#3403 4 years ago

How about the extra ball button below the start button? When does that come alive if ever?

#3404 4 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

How about the extra ball button below the start button? When does that come alive if ever?

There is an adjustment you can make in the game settings that allows the player the option of buying one extra ball after their game has ended. Normally they would have it set for 25 cents or 50 cents for an extra ball. You would put your money in and hit the extra ball button to get a 4th ball without the game resetting your score.

#3405 4 years ago

Is anyone elses TFTC knocker sound weak. Compared to my other pins this is the weakest. I haven't even raised the playfield yet to look at it to see what coils in there or anything. Just wondering if this is a common thing for this game

#3406 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Is anyone elses TFTC knocker sound weak. Compared to my other pins this is the weakest. I haven't even raised the playfield yet to look at it to see what coils in there or anything. Just wondering if this is a common thing for this game

Mine is strong and loud.

#3407 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Mine is strong and loud.

Ditto.

#3408 4 years ago

Mine was very weak as well.

#3409 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Joined the club today. I am going through the machine and I am having a problem with the scoop shoot kicking back. It doesn't kick back to the flippers but instead it kicks out to the right towards the upper flipper. Kinda strange. I inspected the scoop for warped or a broken weld and also looked at the coil. Both look good to me and cant seem to find a problem with it. Has anyone else encountered this problem before?

Mine had a similar problem but fixed it with a VUK rebuild kit and new solenoid. It was pretty easy to do and you can get the parts from Marco. The part numbers are in the TFTC owners manual.

#3410 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Mine had a similar problem but fixed it with a VUK rebuild kit and new solenoid. It was pretty easy to do and you can get the parts from Marco. The part numbers are in the TFTC owners manual.

Thought I deleted that comment.
Yea it ended up being a worn/dished out plunger. I swapped it with my knocker plunger. Seems to be working fine now

#3411 4 years ago

Still looking for a set of reese rails for TFTC.

Condition doesn't matter. Thanks!

#3412 4 years ago

Anyone do the chad h code? I think I am doing something wrong. I downloaded the 3.03 roms from IDPD and extracted them. I then downloaded the patched files and extracted them. I got that lunar IPS patch tool It says select IPS file, I navigate to where the patched 4.0 cpu file is and select it. It then brings up a new box, select file to patch. I navigate to the Tftc original 3.03 rom, I have to select show all files because they don't show up on this list. I select TFTC 3.03 which is listed as a 303 and the other one is listed as a 301 file. It gives me a message it was patched. It creates a new text file. I load that new file in the rom burner and burn it to it, but it isn't working.

#3413 4 years ago

I tried burning the 3.03 rom from IDPD and when I start the game it says unofficial for the version

#3414 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I tried burning the 3.03 rom from IDPD and when I start the game it says unofficial for the version

I may be figuring it out. After you patch the file you need to load the file that is located where the original 3.03 rom is and not the new created text file

#3415 4 years ago

Left the club over the weekend. However I think I will be joining a new one.....Casters club perhaps

#3416 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Anyone do the chad h code? I think I am doing something wrong. I downloaded the 3.03 roms from IDPD and extracted them. I then downloaded the patched files and extracted them. I got that lunar IPS patch tool It says select IPS file, I navigate to where the patched 4.0 cpu file is and select it. It then brings up a new box, select file to patch. I navigate to the Tftc original 3.03 rom, I have to select show all files because they don't show up on this list. I select TFTC 3.03 which is listed as a 303 and the other one is listed as a 301 file. It gives me a message it was patched. It creates a new text file. I load that new file in the rom burner and burn it to it, but it isn't working.

Yup I figured out what I was doing wrong. I didn't know I had to burn the original rom file instead of the new tex file created by the patch program.

#3417 4 years ago

Can y'all help me out with an accurate LED bulb count list for TFTC. I'm trying to make a comet pinball order soon. Any help would be appreciated. And or any recommendations on bulb types and colors for certain area. Please let me know.

#3418 4 years ago

Does anyone have an extra airball plastic that they are not going to use? Maybe you bought a couple and would like to sell one. Since I put a set glo balls in my game they like to fly everytime I hit a drop target.

#3419 4 years ago
#3420 4 years ago
Quoted from bigcat68:

Can y'all help me out with an accurate LED bulb count list for TFTC. I'm trying to make a comet pinball order soon. Any help would be appreciated. And or any recommendations on bulb types and colors for certain area. Please let me know.

I’d be interested too! Mine has a lot of green and uV lamps that I’d like to change up.

#3421 4 years ago
Quoted from bigcat68:

Quoted from MG7322:

I’d be interested too! Mine has a lot of green and uV lamps that I’d like to change up.

I just went by the manual when I made my recent order. (TFTC manual page 39)
2.jpg2.jpgUntitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

#3422 4 years ago

Put up a monster score on Tuxedomask23 ‘s Tftc last night!

29C0D680-ED53-417C-A035-7D27ABFE5A10 (resized).jpeg29C0D680-ED53-417C-A035-7D27ABFE5A10 (resized).jpeg
#3423 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Put up a monster score on tuxedomask23 ‘s Tftc last night![quoted image]

I witnessed this greatness!!

#3424 4 years ago

Damn you @boat!!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#3425 4 years ago

Well I finally hit crypt jam tonite!! It took me nearly two years but it finally happened!!

#3426 4 years ago

How is this game fully loaded not valued at 4k+? I’d rather play TFTC than 90% of my collection! Such a fun tourney pin with the Chad code! She’s a top 10 for me!

#3427 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

How is this game fully loaded not valued at 4k+? I’d rather play TFTC than 90% of my collection! Such a fun tourney pin with the Chad code! She’s a top 10 for me!

Agree 100%. Most die hard Williams/bally fans will glance over because it’s data east.

If you guys have future code suggestions I will compile them and try to convince chad to do another release!

#3428 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Agree 100%. Most die hard Williams/bally fans will glance over because it’s data east.
If you guys have future code suggestions I will compile them and try to convince chad to do another release!

Honestly, what would you change on the Chad code???

#3429 4 years ago

Got a problem with my tales. I lost one of my columns. Controls the tombstone, skull cracker , left spinner. Q51. I replaced the tip and the switches are working. Now while checking the diagnostic every time a flasher is triggered it does a coil. So the game goes nuts while trying to play. Everything is firing off. Tombstone doesn't move up and down now. Any ideas?

#3430 4 years ago

I had to adjust my tombstone switch and clean it. It wasn't registering hits half the time. I got it to where it registers most of the time. A lot better then it was.

#3431 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Well I finally hit crypt jam tonite!! It took me nearly two years but it finally happened!!

I took mine to the NW Pinball and Arcade Show this weekend with a For Sale sign on it. Before I packed it up I got to Crypt Jam 'manually' and rocked out to the funky tunes. It was 40 minutes after the show opened that I was contacted by an interested collector, that says something about how great this game is. Good bye TFTC, it's been fun and gory. The new owners are opening up an arcade in Vancouver, BC so I'll get to visit it on occasion.

#3432 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I took mine to the NW Pinball and Arcade Show this weekend with a For Sale sign on it. Before I packed it up I got to Crypt Jam 'manually' and rocked out to the funky tunes. It was 40 minutes after the show opened that I was contacted by an interested collector, that says something about how great this game is. Good bye TFTC, it's been fun and gory. The new owners are opening up an arcade in Vancouver, BC so I'll get to visit it on occasion.

What do you mean by getting crypt jam "manually?" Hand fed it to crypt jam just to listen to the tunes? lol, if so that's funny.

It's such a fun pin. Gory, funny, punny, absurd, politically incorrect and somewhat deep. I'll never get rid of it. Even if I changed my mind one day and wanted to sell it, the wife wouldn't let me.

#3433 4 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Left the club over the weekend. However I think I will be joining a new one.....Casters club perhaps

I feel like you'll be regretting that decision.

#3434 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

What do you mean by getting crypt jam "manually?" Hand fed it to crypt jam just to listen to the tunes? lol, if so that's funny.

Yeah, used a ball and my fingers to push everything. It took a while even manually!

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I feel like you'll be regretting that decision.

It was a super clean example with great cabinet art and no wear. I very much enjoyed it but when I went down to play I ended up on #the_walking_dead or Lord of the Rings . Plus, I finally have my Judge Dredd overhauled and playing, I am babysitting my buddy's Dialed In, and I have an Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure that I'm updating with LEDs, Pinstadiums, and ColorDMD for someone. It's a full house and Tales from the Crypt unfortunately had to go to make room.

#3435 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

It's a full house and Tales from the Crypt unfortunately had to go to make room.

That's just the way she goes

#3436 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Got a problem with my tales. I lost one of my columns. Controls the tombstone, skull cracker , left spinner. Q51. I replaced the tip and the switches are working. Now while checking the diagnostic every time a flasher is triggered it does a coil. So the game goes nuts while trying to play. Everything is firing off. Tombstone doesn't move up and down now. Any ideas?

Check to make sure the diodoes on those coils/ components are not touching metal where they shouldn't be. ie shorted.

#3437 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Honestly, what would you change on the Chad code???

I made a post a few back, mainly mode stacking improvements, game balancing for video mode, more high score modes/features.

#3438 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Check to make sure the diodoes on those coils/ components are not touching metal where they shouldn't be. ie shorted.

Yep. I must have shorted out a flasher bulb. It fried the tip122 that controls the relay. Q29. Replaced it and it's back. I didnt know that data east games are multiplex on the first 8 coils. That's what was throwing me off.

#3439 4 years ago

Got another good one at my house! Lol

74F9DA89-E82C-4133-B1D2-57540F558A48 (resized).jpeg74F9DA89-E82C-4133-B1D2-57540F558A48 (resized).jpeg
#3440 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Got another good one at my house! Lol[quoted image]

I got your tftc high score fever!

20190602_234424 (resized).jpg20190602_234424 (resized).jpg
#3441 4 years ago

I just noticed there is a diverter in the very back. When does this diverter activate and what for? It appears to be off the playfield too much to do anything

#3442 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I just noticed there is a diverter in the very back. When does this diverter activate and what for? It appears to be off the playfield too much to do anything

The diverter will only be enabled when you spelt out crypt by bashing the tombstone and multiball is ready to be awarded. Then....when you fire a shot up the right spinner, the diverter will activate and stop the ball from going into the pop bumpers and will divert the pinball down into the upper right VUK. This gives you a chance to fire the pinball into the tombstone from the upper right flipper to get multiball.

#3443 4 years ago

Soon to be new member of the club! Scrolling through the posts, I have a few questions.

1) Does anyone still have the airball protectors for the drop targets? The one I'm getting doesn't have one and is missing the plastic behind it as well.

2) Did the Hazzard pinsound mix ever get complete?

3) Has anyone put a pinwoofer kit on it?

#3444 4 years ago
Quoted from Joniano:

Soon to be new member of the club! Scrolling through the posts, I have a few questions.
1) Does anyone still have the airball protectors for the drop targets? The one I'm getting doesn't have one and is missing the plastic behind it as well.
2) Did the Hazzard pinsound mix ever get complete?
3) Has anyone put a pinwoofer kit on it?

Cant find the airball protector. I have been looking for a month now. The guy that made them does have a few red plastics left. I ended up buying it from Ebay though.

#3445 4 years ago

I have a TFTC topper i was hoping to brighen up a little. I hope someone can tell me if adding additional LED flashers (3) and a uv led strip to GI may cause problems in these DE machines? From my limited understanding, even LED's, can cause some voltage drop issues causing the sound issues? Alternatively I was looking at an Arduino run lightening simulator completely separately, maybe triggered by the shaker motor.

On a separate note, I recently refurbed the cabinet, added nvram and rom and now notice the crypt keeper is cut off mid sentence when I turn the machine on. I had this problem a few years ago but was fixed during a service and now suddenly returned. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

#3446 4 years ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

I have a TFTC topper i was hoping to brighen up a little. I hope someone can tell me if adding additional LED flashers (3) and a uv led strip to GI may cause problems in these DE machines? From my limited understanding, even LED's, can cause some voltage drop issues causing the sound issues? Alternatively I was looking at an Arduino run lightening simulator completely separately, maybe triggered by the shaker motor.
On a separate note, I recently refurbed the cabinet, added nvram and rom and now notice the crypt keeper is cut off mid sentence when I turn the machine on. I had this problem a few years ago but was fixed during a service and now suddenly returned. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks for any help.

I just tied everything together using the matrix system. Then attached it to my 5 volts on my power board. I didnt added any flashers. Just the LEDs.

20190602_165219 (resized).jpg20190602_165219 (resized).jpg20190602_165228 (resized).jpg20190602_165228 (resized).jpg
#3447 4 years ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

Thanks for any help.

I believe that's normal with the new 4.0 Chad roms. Mine does the same....kinda sounds like "no pets..." and then he gets cutoff.

#3448 4 years ago

“No payem, no game”

It’s the sound board booting/rebooting. As far as I know that’s normal. I have nvram as well.

#3449 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I just tied everything together using the matrix system. Then attached it to my 5 volts on my power board. I didnt added any flashers. Just the LEDs.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work. Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks good with the candelebra keeper!. I beleive there are 3 to 4 different flasher sequences running at 13v that could be attached to.

#3450 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I believe that's normal with the new 4.0 Chad roms. Mine does the same....kinda sounds like "no pets..." and then he gets cutoff.

Thanks. Nice to know im not the only one. I did have the same issue years ago. Glad it isn't a sign of an underlying problem..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/69?hl=hockeymag8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.