image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 101.
#3351 5 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

This is in place of the roll over switches in the trough? I never knew this was an option on Tales.

Yup...goodbye flaky switches! I actually caught a post in the JP club thread from Davi .He was making them for JP so I PM'd him about one for my TFTC. Maybe send him a PM, he may have some extra lying around.

#3352 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Yup...goodbye flaky switches! I actually caught a post in the JP club thread from davi .He was making them for JP so I PM'd him about one for my TFTC. Maybe send him a PM, he may have some extra lying around.

Ok, thanks. I sent him a PM. I replaced all of my roll over switches last year but I’d take an opto board over the switches anyday.

1 week later
#3353 4 years ago

Added a Crypt Keeper head behind the tombstone.

#3354 4 years ago

I'm trying to get lucky like ImNotNorm and possibly find a NOS or Repro TFTC Playfield. If anyone has any leads or is looking to sell theirs please PM me. I've posted a WTB on market as well. Thanks everyone!

#3355 4 years ago

It's too quiet in here hang meng! What is everyone's next project? I still haven't installed the side blade decals. Its ready to go but the game is tucked in the corner so I'm being a little lazy

958D739A-1C6E-4D19-B8D6-15635206E1BA (resized).jpeg958D739A-1C6E-4D19-B8D6-15635206E1BA (resized).jpeg
#3356 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

It's too quiet in here hang meng! What is everyone's next project? I still haven't installed the side decals. Its ready to go but the game is tucked in the corner so I'm being a little lazy

Hey boat,I need the scoop on the service rails you installed please.

#3357 4 years ago

Call me, I’ll give you the low. If you provide the beer I might even come help you install!

#3358 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Call me, I’ll give you the low. If you provide the beer I might even come help you install!

Boat,willing to help for beer,what a great pinball brother,will give you a call.

#3359 4 years ago

Okay guys, any advice here would be appreciated. Every time I hit my right flipper it increases my score 50000 points and every time I hit my left flipper it awards me a shot towards axe-tra ball.
Does this sound like a board problem, something under the play field crossed or a rom issue?

#3360 4 years ago

Going to be joining the club in 2 days, I can't wait !!

#3361 4 years ago

Congrats you won’t regret it, it’s a great game.

#3362 4 years ago
Quoted from Jsampel:

Okay guys, any advice here would be appreciated. Every time I hit my right flipper it increases my score 50000 points and every time I hit my left flipper it awards me a shot towards axe-tra ball.
Does this sound like a board problem, something under the play field crossed or a rom issue?

Theft flipper clack could cause a switch to trigger if it isn’t adjusted properly. Maybe check the contacts to make sure they aren’t too close. Not sure about the right one.. depends what switch awards 50k.

#3363 4 years ago

What is the best rom revision for this game?

#3364 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

What is the best rom revision for this game?

v4.00 - ChadH 3.03

#3365 4 years ago

Has anyone done anything to increase the flipper strength besides adjusting coils to hard? That left ramp is a b ioch to consistently make with them as they are now.

On a positive note I made the skull crack in shot when mode was on on first shot 1st time Eva to get that damn extra ball

#3366 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

This is in place of the roll over switches in the trough? I never knew this was an option on Tales.

nor did i

#3367 4 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Has anyone done anything to increase the flipper strength besides adjusting coils to hard? That left ramp is a b ioch to consistently make with them as they are now.
On a positive note I made the skull crack in shot when mode was on on first shot 1st time Eva to get that damn extra ball

I don't have any issues.....but do you have the correct coils installed on the flippers?

59af8acbdf0263f917b83e99cb98367cbd3df4b5.jpg59af8acbdf0263f917b83e99cb98367cbd3df4b5.jpg
#3368 4 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

In addition in making sure you have the right coils - don't forget the value of a flipper rebuild - even if things seem ok - I'm always surprised what a rebuild difference makes...just did mine about 3 months ago - made a big difference....

#3369 4 years ago

Thanks Hue and Sonic....this was my 1st pin bought years ago....Will check the coils and do the rebuild.

Cheers!!

#3370 4 years ago

Can any Canadian Crypt Keepers direct me where I can get Data East NVRAM with decent shipping?

Thanks!

#3371 4 years ago
#3372 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Can any Canadian Crypt Keepers direct me where I can get Data East NVRAM with decent shipping?
Thanks!

Maybe try @astill

#3373 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Going to be joining the club in 2 days, I can't wait !!

Joined the club on saturday the 11th. Can't believe I finally got one. Looks great next to my Freddy pin and Addams family pin. Drove 2 hours to Phonixville PA to get it from Pinball Clinic. After that I drove another hour to NJ to pick up a Rescue 911. The TFTC is in great shape. It was owned in the same home for 20 years. It has LEDs, the original door handle and topper. I plan to install a color DMD and a cliffy in the future and maybe a crypt keeper mod. I am loving playing it so far. I might upgrade to Chad H code, sounds pretty neat.
[quoted image][quoted image]

20190512_200542 (resized).jpg20190512_200542 (resized).jpg20190512_200811 (resized).jpg20190512_200811 (resized).jpg

#3375 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

plan to install a color DMD

Color DMD makes for a great playing experience.

Quoted from fatality83:

I might upgrade to Chad H code

Go with Chads code ,it is a great improvement over the last original code.

#3376 4 years ago

Welcome fatality, game looks great. Scoop looks nice too, get a mantis protector over the cliffy IMO. Way better gameplay with the mantis

#3377 4 years ago

Hi Guys, first time post in Pinside. Doing a light refurb on my
TFTC and wondering what I am missing on the clear plastic protector
on the RHS (of picture)?
Hole alingment is off but the only way to rectify would need
a post screwed into the timber trim? Any advice is welcomed. The
LHS (of picture) clear protector looks ok but unsure if it is the taller plastic
post or the lighter grey shorter plastic post thats used here?
Thanks in advance for any help.
20190514_164207 (resized).jpg20190514_164207 (resized).jpg[att=4992733,1600840 caption=""]20190514_164241 (resized).jpg20190514_164241 (resized).jpg[att=4992733,1600843 caption=""]

#3378 4 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Color DMD makes for a great playing experience.

Go with Chads code ,it is a great improvement over the last original code.

Does anyone know what Eprom number is for the game rom without having to look? Mine has a sticker over it and I would rather just burn a new eprom then erase this one.

I ordered some TFTC blue paint from pinball universe last week. I plan on touching up the interior side walls and cabinet front where it needs it.

#3379 4 years ago

I need the air ball stopper plastic, can anyone send to Sweden and what is the total price please

#3380 4 years ago

Has anyone done the modifications to get a Color DMD LCD to fit? Is it worth it instead of just using an LED display?

#3381 4 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Has anyone done the modifications to get a Color DMD LCD to fit? Is it worth it instead of just using an LED display?

Personally I'd go with the Color DMD LED. Nothing needed to fit and has beautiful vibrant colors. Folks have had mounted the LCD version but it will require some work.

#3382 4 years ago

Can anyone help me with a problem? It happens rarely....but sometimes when the multiball is lit at the middle spinner, I place a shot into the right ramp and it awards multiball as if I hit the middle spinner.

What would be causing this?

Thanks

#3383 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Can anyone help me with a problem? It happens rarely....but sometimes when the multiball is lit at the middle spinner, I place a shot into the right ramp and it awards multiball as if I hit the middle spinner.
What would be causing this?
Thanks

Sean, as I understand it, the game will give you the multi ball from the right loop ONLY if you have not had a multi ball yet.So it helps you into multi ball the first time it is available. The right ramp is a mystery.

#3384 4 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Sean, as I understand it, the game will give you the multi ball from the right ramp ONLY if you have not had a multi ball yet.So it helps you into multi ball the first time it is available.

Oh really?? Well ill be darned....learn something new everyday.

Thanks

#3385 4 years ago

I am always there for ya ...lol

#3386 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Personally I'd go with the Color DMD LED. Nothing needed to fit and has beautiful vibrant colors. Folks have had mounted the LCD version but it will require some work.

Yea, that was my plan...but I'm picking up a used newer LCD...so, I'm thinking get out the Dremel...just wanted to see if anyone here did it already.

#3387 4 years ago

Sale pending!

#3388 4 years ago

I have an LCD that I have moved around from game to game and enjoyed. I ordered an LED for TFTC and like it much better. The vibrancy and brightness is making me wish for an LED in everything now.

#3389 4 years ago

are you guys getting you led panels from color dmd or p2dmd? Is one better then the other?

#3390 4 years ago

Yea, that was my plan...but I'm picking up a used newer LCD...so, I'm thinking get out the Dremel...just wanted to see if anyone here did it already.

Boat went LCD, FYI.

#3391 4 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Swede:

I need the air ball stopper plastic, can anyone send to Sweden
and what is the total price please

contact djshakes he made em. also makes the drop target red plastic.

#3392 4 years ago

I did dremel, I didn't have a proper cutting wheel so it wasn't the best experience. If you have a cheaper LCD, might as well go for it. the cutting doesn't have to be that accurate.

#3393 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

are you guys getting you led panels from color dmd or p2dmd? Is one better then the other?

ColorDMD. I'm not familiar with p2dmd.

#3394 4 years ago

Totally agree. I’m happy with the LED. Easy install and one of the best mods you’ll ever put on your TFTC.

#3395 4 years ago

Hey guys

how do I contact chad in regards to the updated code for my tftc?

Also Just wanted to ask about the best things to add for the game? A mantis protector over a cliffy seems to be the argument but anything else as well?

Cheers

#3396 4 years ago

Joined the club today. I am going through the machine and I am having a problem with the scoop shoot kicking back. It doesn't kick back to the flippers but instead it kicks out to the right towards the upper flipper. Kinda strange. I inspected the scoop for warped or a broken weld and also looked at the coil. Both look good to me and cant seem to find a problem with it. Has anyone else encountered this problem before?

#3397 4 years ago

Got two questions since I have had my TFTC for a few weeks now but haven't had much time to play it. My DMD looks kinda not as bright as my other games. Is anyone elses like this? I plan on getting a color dmd in the future so this isn't a huge issue.

What does using the door handle to lock in a feature do? When ever I start a mode it says you can lock it in with the door handle. If you do it, a door bell sound is heard and it says feature locked

#3398 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

What does using the door handle to lock in a feature do? When ever I start a mode it says you can lock it in with the door handle. If you do it, a door bell sound is heard and it says feature locked

It locks in the currently lit feature on the Crypt Keeper's wheel so that value will be awarded the next time you shoot the scoop. If you don't lock in the currently lit feature it will change when you shoot any spinner.

Gord

#3399 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Quoted from GRB1959:

It locks in the currently lit feature on the Crypt Keeper's wheel so that value will be awarded the next time you shoot the scoop. If you don't lock in the currently lit feature it will change when you shoot any spinner.

And the red light over the shooter lane should come on to let you know that you have locked the currently lit feature.

#3400 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Does anyone know what Eprom number is for the game rom without
having to look? Mine has a sticker over it and I would rather just
burn a new eprom then erase this one.

Little late finding this one but if you don't have an answer yet....
CPU C5 should be a 27C512 and display roms are 27C040 (or equivalents, assuming standard image)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 210.00
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/68?hl=tuxedomask23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.