image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 101.
#3251 5 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Let me know how much, noticed mine is "custom"...could use a replacement

Without an air-ball protector - most TFTC's have that plastic broken - never noticed mine was until I was going to put in the protector....so there is demand for that plastic - no sense in buying a whole set of plastics....good to have DJSHAKES making these!

#3252 5 years ago

Merry Christmas crypt keepers!!

IMG_20181223_2008544.jpgIMG_20181223_2008544.jpg
#3253 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Without an air-ball protector - most TFTC's have that plastic broken - never noticed mine was until I was going to put in the protector....so there is demand for that plastic - no sense in buying a whole set of plastics....good to have DJSHAKES making these!

Let me know when you get it on sonic and verify it fits. Then I start selling.

#3254 5 years ago

Merry cryptsmas and a happy noose year

#3255 5 years ago

Red plastics and airball stopper ready for sale.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70819

#3256 5 years ago

can somebody take some pics of how the wires run down from the ramp switches to underneath the playfield? had all ramps powdercoated and forget which route they originally ran and into which holes they went through. no under playfield pics needed, just pics of the black wires and where they enter the cabinet.

#3257 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

can somebody take some pics of how the wires run down from the ramp switches to underneath the playfield? had all ramps powdercoated and forget which route they originally ran and into which holes they went through. no under playfield pics needed, just pics of the black wires and where they enter the cabinet.

Here are some photos of the topside of my TFTC which show the wire ramp switches and the wires. Hopefully this helps you out.

Gord

P1010226 (resized).JPGP1010226 (resized).JPG
P1010227 (resized).JPGP1010227 (resized).JPG
P1010228 (resized).JPGP1010228 (resized).JPG
P1010229 (resized).JPGP1010229 (resized).JPG
P1010230 (resized).JPGP1010230 (resized).JPG
P1010231 (resized).JPGP1010231 (resized).JPG
P1010232 (resized).JPGP1010232 (resized).JPG
P1010233 (resized).JPGP1010233 (resized).JPG
P1010234 (resized).JPGP1010234 (resized).JPG
P1010235 (resized).JPGP1010235 (resized).JPG

#3258 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Here are some photos of the topside of my TFTC which show the wire ramp switches and the wires. Hopefully this helps you out.
Gord
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

awesome, had 2 of the 3 correct, thanks man!

1 week later
#3259 5 years ago

Thank You Sir, looks much better! Didn't even notice I had 1/3 red plastic remaining until this was created.

20190105_163316.jpg20190105_163316.jpg
#3260 5 years ago

Thank You Sir, looks much better! Didn't even notice I had 1/3 red plastic remaining until this was created.
[quoted image]

That's why I think this is a deal most folks with Tales should want/buy - most Tales I've seen that plastic is broken - so get that plastic and the stopper all in one shot....mine was broken in half....

#3261 5 years ago

Plus I'm not making again. Once they're gone they're gone.

#3262 5 years ago

Does anyone know where to buy the flipper finger decals?

#3263 5 years ago

The top of my tombstone seems to be really “floppy” if I nudge my machine forward it registers a tombstone hit. I’ve went a head and adjusted the leif switch multiple times but it’s either too close or too far to register accurately...

So to my question, is there a foam pad on the top back of your tombstone’s? I can’t locate anything in the manual for it or pictures on the internet of the back of the assembly..

1 week later
#3264 5 years ago

Any of you guys with info on the tombstone? Pad or no pad? Pictures.. thx

#3265 5 years ago
Quoted from ICPjuggla:

Any of you guys with info on the tombstone? Pad or no pad? Pictures.. thx

Mine has foam behind it ,it is a little floppy but it works perfectly.Cheers.

20190117_103534 (resized).jpg20190117_103534 (resized).jpg
#3267 5 years ago

Hi Guys,

Not selling many of the red plastics with airstopper mod. I slashed the price to $20 for a set just to get rid of them and breakeven. When they are gone they are gone. I'm not making more.

#3268 5 years ago

[quoted image]

so deflector goes on top of red plastic?

#3269 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so deflector goes on top of red plastic?

Yep

#3270 5 years ago

Does anyone know if the 2 bridge rectifiers screwed to the backbox.... just above the big blue cap are the same? One of mine was odd looking for pinball and was rated at 40A 600V. The other is more standard 35A 400V. Is the higher rating needed? The manual does not specify a BR rating. Thx.

#3271 5 years ago

By no means am i an electrician but from my basic understanding the higher ratings are not needed. When I say not needed, I mean it doesn't hurt for higher rating for your BRs. You should be good with it either way. Mine looked the same. See post below.. you should be good as the manual says BR1 and BR2 for those two backbox ones.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-rumble-bridge-rectifier-values

#3272 5 years ago

Hey guys, I have been super busy and am thinking about selling my stock of red plastics and airball mods if anyone wants to take over selling them. I think I have 20 airball stoppers and 25 or 27 red plastics left. I would sell them all for $200 shipped to break even. There's plenty of meat on the bone for those that want to sell them individually. Once they are gone they are gone.

#3273 5 years ago

Hi all, just replacing rubbers and installing leds and found a couple of things. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.
1- when removing the slingshot plastics I have noticed a nail in each side. Why would someone do this?
2- near the extra hole shot there is a hole in the playfield. Should there be a post here? Does anyone have a photo showing this?

325832FF-9818-4448-92D4-6F18CA660462 (resized).jpeg325832FF-9818-4448-92D4-6F18CA660462 (resized).jpeg22D7988F-2822-4B5F-BE2F-97DACC671E71 (resized).jpeg22D7988F-2822-4B5F-BE2F-97DACC671E71 (resized).jpeg
#3274 5 years ago
Quoted from Toastie:

Hi all, just replacing rubbers and installing leds and found a couple of things. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.
1- when removing the slingshot plastics I have noticed a nail in each side. Why would someone do this?
2- near the extra hole shot there is a hole in the playfield. Should there be a post here? Does anyone have a photo showing this?
[quoted image][quoted image]

The nail is supposed to be there - it’s there on mine too. It was probably a location where the ball could get stuck.

Here is a pic of the post near the spinner.

B9D3251A-354E-4EE1-9FEB-09C425C206AD (resized).jpegB9D3251A-354E-4EE1-9FEB-09C425C206AD (resized).jpeg
#3275 5 years ago

Expert level question!!! Putting my game back together. All coils test correctly except the scoop. Coil tests good. Diode on coil replaced.... old one tested good. Transistor tests good..... flashers on q42 all work (same transistor as coil) voltage at coil is good. All other coils work. When activated in test mode the plunger for the scoop jumps about 1/8-1/4”. I tested resistor and didodes on ppb board..... all fine. Reseated wires in connectors. Running out of ideas. Hoping something similar has happened and someone knows answer. Free hard candy to winner.... must come to Boston to redeem prize.

#3276 5 years ago
Quoted from Binger:

Expert level question!!! Putting my game back together. All coils test correctly except the scoop. Coil tests good. Diode on coil replaced.... old one tested good. Transistor tests good..... flashers on q42 all work (same transistor as coil) voltage at coil is good. All other coils work. When activated in test mode the plunger for the scoop jumps about 1/8-1/4”. I tested resistor and didodes on ppb board..... all fine. Reseated wires in connectors. Running out of ideas. Hoping something similar has happened and someone knows answer. Free hard candy to winner.... must come to Boston to redeem prize.

Does the coil mech move freely on its own when you push it with your finger? Also I'm assuming the solder job on the coil is solid and there are no frayed wires? The only similar thing I have noticed in another game was a disconnected wire further down the chain from one of the lugs. Track the next closest coil on the colored wire and inspect for continuity/good connection. Otherwise make sure coil and mech is installed properly on the scoop assembly. Good luck!

#3277 5 years ago

Hello.... thanks to those that helped with a previous post. New question... i dont have the circled part left over in my parts tray. I dont think it was there when i took game apart. Can someone give me the dimentions and tell me its purpose? I can make one up... but if it not needed maybe not. Thanks in advance.

5E49AA41-C12B-449C-940B-D84185CAF4CA (resized).jpeg5E49AA41-C12B-449C-940B-D84185CAF4CA (resized).jpeg
#3278 5 years ago

Had a monster game last night, 4 jackpots, 1 double. Hit crypt jam and halfway through another loop. 3 axtra! My best is just over a bil.

C31EBE38-E18A-48BB-80FD-162230981583 (resized).jpegC31EBE38-E18A-48BB-80FD-162230981583 (resized).jpeg
#3279 5 years ago

Nice job Boat, great score!

#3280 5 years ago

Grabbed some acrylic paints and added some color to my topper.

Screenshot_20190210-200228 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190210-200228 (resized).png
#3281 5 years ago

Did a bit more touch up to it.

IMG_20190211_005402930 (resized).jpgIMG_20190211_005402930 (resized).jpg
#3282 5 years ago
Quoted from Binger:

Hello.... thanks to those that helped with a previous post. New question... i dont have the circled part left over in my parts tray. I dont think it was there when i took game apart. Can someone give me the dimentions and tell me its purpose? I can make one up... but if it not needed maybe not. Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

doesn't really do anything. might be to help lane guide from taking a beating from when you shoot ball up that side. either way, looks like it'll be fine without it. just watch for damage to your metal ball guide.

#3283 5 years ago

oh, and take those ugly green led's out of the slings!

#3284 5 years ago

I wish to touch up the front artwork on my TFTC, its pretty bad. Anyone have a scan of the crypt keeper on front (near start button). I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

#3285 5 years ago

Or even a nice quality photo of the front (crypt keeper). Thanks.

#3286 5 years ago
Quoted from DJMESA:

Or even a nice quality photo of the front (crypt keeper). Thanks.

Here is a photo of the front of my TFTC. Hopefully this helps you out.

Gord

DSCN3652 (resized).JPGDSCN3652 (resized).JPG

#3287 5 years ago

Finally joined the club this weekend! Was able to make a trade with a great local collector.

IMG_2883 (resized).JPGIMG_2883 (resized).JPG
#3288 5 years ago

GRB1959, Thank you.

#3289 5 years ago

Just had my best game to date...both jackpots and 1 monster jackpot and not even close to crypt jam. Great family day surprise!

2019 02 18.Family day. (resized).jpg2019 02 18.Family day. (resized).jpg
#3290 5 years ago

Nice! Monster is crazy hard to get! Big points too

#3291 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Nice! Monster is crazy hard to get! Big points too

Ya I was just on a role and kept hitting shit, then monster was lit and boom,got it for 100 mil

#3292 5 years ago

I still haven't hit the crypt jam mode yet.

#3293 5 years ago

The only way I was ever able to get to CJ was via use of the credit button. I kinda stumbled across this by accident when playing with the settings, but once I had the credit button working it allowed me to save my progress towards CJ after starting a new game. Of course, once you turn off the machine you loose all your progress.

#3294 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Sean,

Yeah, CJ is not as easy to collect as some would have you believe. I have only collected CJ a handful of times in the 3+ years that I have owned my TFTC and it is pretty cool to watch.

The geometry on shooting the RIP scoop makes it a tougher than expected shot from either of the two bottom flippers. I actually find it easier to shoot the RIP scoop from the upper right flipper so from the lower flippers I shoot the 'Extra Ball' lane on the upper right hand side and then the VUK drops the ball to the upper right flipper for a nice shot at the RIP scoop.

Gord

#3295 5 years ago

A friend of mine made custom coin slot inserts for my machine I thought I would share. The google drive link should be the right size for your mech.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12RbRsqXQFag4hiYoQpbcm5a78cIs9I9r

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg
#3296 5 years ago

the Scoop shot is tough with a cliffy but repeatable. With the mantis one you can get it pretty consistent from the right flipper. Let’s say 60% or so. I’d say half the shots are from the right flip and half the upper flipper. Make sure your game is nice and level!

#3297 5 years ago

Hey there everybody. Just spent about five hours working on my Tales on this snow day. Replaced rubbers, several lights, one drop down target and spring, waxed table, and cleaned metal and plastic pieces. But it looks good and always nice to see an old machine shine, especially one you have painstakingly rebuilt. Was having some ghosting issues with non-ghosting LED's and finally just gave up and put incandescents into those particular sockets. I'm not going to worry about it.

Anyway, just wanted everybody to know that Cliffy is making an eject protector for our Tales. It is an easy install. I think I had to loosen a few bolts/screws to get it under the rail. He has double sided tape on the bottom and it goes right on. He sent me a prototype several weeks ago with an order I placed and it has held like a champ. If you want to get one, hit him up as I don't think it is updated on his web site. He is backed up with so many orders lately, so be patient.

Best. Cyrus

IMG_2579 (resized).JPGIMG_2579 (resized).JPG

#3298 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Man, don't feel bad. I've had mine almost two years and have not hit it either!!!! lol

#3299 5 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Hey there everybody. Just spent about five hours working on my Tales on this snow day. Replaced rubbers, several lights, one drop down target and spring, waxed table, and cleaned metal and plastic pieces. But it looks good and always nice to see an old machine shine, especially one you have painstakingly rebuilt. Was having some ghosting issues with non-ghosting LED's and finally just gave up and put incandescents into those particular sockets. I'm not going to worry about it.
Anyway, just wanted everybody to know that Cliffy is making an eject protector for our Tales. It is an easy install. I think I had to loosen a few bolts/screws to get it under the rail. He has double sided tape on the bottom and it goes right on. He sent me a prototype several weeks ago with an order I placed and it has held like a champ. If you want to get one, hit him up as I don't think it is updated on his web site. He is backed up with so many orders lately, so be patient.
Best. Cyrus
[quoted image]

Nice work! Regarding your ghosting issue, for me, there was a diode leg on the keeper targets that was touching the base of the bulb causing some ghosting. So maybe visually inspect your light socket diodes to make sure they aren't loose or too close to other components.

#3300 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Nice work! Regarding your ghosting issue, for me, there was a diode leg on the keeper targets that was touching the base of the bulb causing some ghosting. So maybe visually inspect your light socket diodes to make sure they aren't loose or too close to other components.

I’m thinking of just replacing the sockets and diodes with new ones. Mine look worn and there is rust or oxidation showing. I lost track of the hours I’ve spent rebuilding this game but now it plays like brand new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 18.95
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/66?hl=mymalibu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.