image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 101.
#3151 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

I found upres smoothing really fake-y on games I had it in like TZ. I was much happier with the LED. So to each their own.

Tz is one of the worst games for a color dmd as there aren't many animations. In fact, black and white looks the best for tz imo. It's a personal choice, no right or wrong.

#3152 5 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

I've spent hours up on hours creating a new sound pack for pinsound for this wonderful pin.
In my opinion many data east gems completely transforms with a new sound package and make them feel way more modern.
I have some small tweaks left to do before I release it.
I have replaced 99% if the music, 95% of all sound fx and 90% of all callouts.
Here's a preview:

Appreciate the effort but you pretty much changed it into a weird metal rock pin taking away from all the campy goodness that makes it what it is.Maybe you should put those efforts towards a re-theme.

#3153 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Appreciate the effort but you pretty much changed it into a weird metal rock pin taking away from all the campy goodness that makes it what it is.Maybe you should put those efforts towards a re-theme.

I tend to agree with this. I don't understand the appeal of pinsound. I'd rather a sub installed than pinsound changing the originality of it.

#3154 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I tend to agree with this. I don't understand the appeal of pinsound. I'd rather a sub installed than pinsound changing the originality of it.

I in with the sub if you have any recommendations let me know, cheers.

#3155 5 years ago

Done right pinsound would be sweet. It's just a lot of effort and the board is hella expensive. I'll redo the TFTC sounds one day. Goldeneye would be first though. I do agree that the metal takes away for the original appeal.

#3156 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

I in with the sub if you have any recommendations let me know, cheers.

I have a prototype speaker-level sub connection kit on my TFTC that I'm testing for Pinnovators and I believe they are going to make it into a product. They make the kits to connect about any game to a sub. They also make a multi-input box (PINsmx) with individual input levels that can connect 4 pins to one sub. I have my TFTC, TWD, and AS connected to one sub with their kits and box. They are great people and their products work and sound great!

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/

#3157 5 years ago

Thanks for the compliments!

We just made our new PINsub_MS (Multi System) subwoofer adapter board. I got this project rolling along pretty quick but I still need to post it on the Pinnovators website. The price will be the same as our other subwoofer kits too! ($35+ shipping). Basically its a fully isolated subwoofer adapter kit for any pin! Cables included too!
Mark
PINsub_MS_1 (resized).pngPINsub_MS_1 (resized).png

#3158 5 years ago

well the majority talked me into it. just ordered the led colordmd . so excited will be here Saturday

#3159 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

I'll be releasing my remix soon, people will be free to replace the music if they want to.
IMHO I think the metal music suits the pin very well, at least when it comes to the imagery.
And as I recall didn't Metallica have a song in the end of an TFTC episode? or was it the movie?
And I would guess that the crypt keeper was a metal head.

#3160 5 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

And I would guess that the crypt keeper was a metal head.

No I think he was a Dead Head fan

#3161 5 years ago

Got a very weak upper right flipper on TFTC.

If you give it any resistance then it stops flipping. However, if you flip without hitting a ball or any resistance then it does a nice full flip and holds strong.

Flipper coil wire connections look OK.

Flipper button looks good and I cleaned the contact.

All fuses on the flipper board are solid and not loose.

Any ideas where else I should look?

#3162 5 years ago

You could check the resistance (ohms) of the coil. Make sure its within spec. I doubt the transistor is pooched but you could do a visual inspection on the mosfet/transistor that is associated with that coil. You could also check the coil stop and sleeve to make sure they don't have excess wear or dirt.

#3163 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

If you give it any resistance then it stops flipping. However, if you flip without hitting a ball or any resistance then it does a nice full flip and holds strong.

I had issues with my upper right flipper and it turned out to be caused by intermittent shorting of the wires near the bottom right corner of the playfield (under the playfield). As the playfield went down into position it pinched them against the cabinet, causing an intermittent short. I can't really explain it much better (sorry), but check these wires in this area.

#3164 5 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

I've spent hours up on hours creating a new sound pack for pinsound for this wonderful pin.
In my opinion many data east gems completely transforms with a new sound package and make them feel way more modern.
I have some small tweaks left to do before I release it.
I have replaced 99% if the music, 95% of all sound fx and 90% of all callouts.
Here's a preview:

Pinsound tracks can be spectacular- go listen to Hazzard's BSD- personally this track isn't for me, I know John Borg likes Metal but on this game..um, yeah, not so much.

#3165 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

sounds like a bad/cracked bushing, happened to me on a judge dredd.

#3166 5 years ago

just installed my colordmd LED and wow it truly changes and completes this wonderful game

20180929_172847 (resized).jpg20180929_172847 (resized).jpg
#3167 5 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

just installed my colordmd LED and wow it truly changes and completes this wonderful game
[quoted image]

Yes and now you get pinsound soundboard and then download Hassard new sounds in full HD and 2.1 and then you will never leave the game

#3168 5 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Crappy ... in into the back now ... battery damage!!! [quoted image]

I took mine away and use NVRAM card never battery again in any of my games

#3169 5 years ago

Almost anyone has problem with tombstone target after ball hits its gets chipped
Is there anyone that has contacts in reproducing the target and how to change it? I have decals

#3170 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Now that I have my TFTC finally dialed in......here are a few pics
This pin is such a masterpiece!

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you fins where to get the eyeball for the duplicate multiball that is is fixed I cant find it

#3171 5 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Swede:

Can you fins where to get the eyeball for the duplicate multiball that is is fixed I cant find it

Are you talking about the captive ball eyeball?

Or the eyeballs over the ramps and scoop?

Ramps + scoop eyeballs come from eBay. eBay Username is ---> deadheadprops

The captive ball eyeball was also found on eBay. But I can't recall what user though.

#3172 5 years ago

Almost anyone has problem with tombstone target after ball hits its gets chipped
Is there anyone that has contacts in reproducing the target and how to change it? I have decals

Check with a local steel yard. I had one made for me a couple years back. Just took the old one in and they cut a new piece, drilled the hole for the screw and beveled the edges. Cost was less than $25.

#3173 5 years ago

Yes and now you get pinsound soundboard and then download Hassard new sounds in full HD and 2.1 and then you will never leave the game

What Hazzard sounds? Wasn't aware he did TFTC yet

#3174 5 years ago

After a few weeks it finally works again! Last night we got the play field put back together and got quite a few games in. Still a few adjustments to make but everything seems to work now.

For those following along we also had audio issues where the attract music would not shut off...ever. Replacing the ribbon cable from the sound board fixed this issue and now it behaves as it should.

(For reference this is the cable we purchased https://www.amazon.com/BLS-2-54mm-20-Pin-Connector-Extension/dp/B073QR4S2W/ref=sr_1_9)

Super fun game.

2018-10-09 21.22.39-2 (resized).jpg2018-10-09 21.22.39-2 (resized).jpg
#3175 5 years ago

I really enjoy adding custom paint and Leds. The color makes the image pop out nicely.

tftc_before_and_after_1024x1024 (resized).jpgtftc_before_and_after_1024x1024 (resized).jpgtftc_after4_1024x1024 (resized).jpgtftc_after4_1024x1024 (resized).jpg

#3176 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Physically everything “looks” OK. The bushing is good. The flipper moves freely.

I even swapped out a known good Flipper Board and still same issue.

It appears that the upper right flipper is never getting the initial jolt of 50 volts and instead is only being fed the 9 volt holding power. The lower right flipper is totally fine.

Any more ideas?

#3177 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Physically everything “looks” OK. The bushing is good. The flipper moves freely.

I even swapped out a known good Flipper Board and still same issue.

It appears that the upper right flipper is never getting the initial jolt of 50 volts and instead is only being fed the 9 volt holding power. The lower right flipper is totally fine.

Any more ideas?

Did you take a piece of paper and go between the contacts on the flipper switch? Do both contacts and did you change the Teflon tube in the coil?

#3178 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Did you take a piece of paper and go between the contacts on the flipper switch? Do both contacts and did you change the Teflon tube in the coil?

Yes.

It appears to be an electrical issue as the coil is never receiving the initial 50 volts and is only receiving the 9 volt holding power. I just don't have any idea where to look for the problem.

#3179 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Yes.
It appears to be an electrical issue as the coil is never receiving the initial 50 volts and is only receiving the 9 volt holding power. I just don't have any idea where to look for the problem.

Have you gone through the "Solid State Flipper Circuit Troubleshooting Flowchart" on page 86 (pdf pages 118-120) of the owner's manual yet?

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2493/Data_East_1993_Tales_from_the_Crypt_Manual.pdf

#3180 5 years ago

Chad - You indicated you swapped the flipper board - can you swap the PPB as well - the problem is likely board-centric - and there are only two boards that will cause a flipper problem - the Flipper Board or the PPB...it IS possible the power-supply board is a problem - but likely would effect other things.....swapping boards is a good method to narrowing this down...the #1 shit board in a DE pin is the power-supply board - followed by the PPB (this is why Xpin & Rottendog make replacements)....

#3181 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

What Hazzard sounds? Wasn't aware he did TFTC yet

Yes i have tested the first edition and yet Another game i never will sell
Hazzard is the best

#3182 5 years ago

Yes i have tested the first edition and yet Another game i never will sell
Hazzard is the best

That sounds great but- he doesn't even own the game if his Pinside profile is up to date?
I reached out to him for comment

#3183 5 years ago

This time he used virtua pinball to to find out sounds and what do replace so I am impressed

#3184 5 years ago

Is there a video or audio of Hassard/Hazzard's TFTC pinsound?

#3185 5 years ago

Hi All,

I've made airball stoppers for the drop target banks on Indiana Jones. Airballs coming from the drops practically ruin game play. I owned a TFTC and noticed the same thing. I made a stopper and it worked well. I will be making a batch of these for TFTC if there is interest. Probably sell the laser cut piece for around $15 shipped. This will prevent the drop targets from flinging the ball into the air and causing drains you can't control. Let me know if there is interest. It is a clear plastic piece that mounts over the drop targets.

#3186 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Probably sell the laser cut piece for around $15 shipped.

Yes

#3187 5 years ago

Yes

#3188 5 years ago

Count me in for a protector too.

#3189 5 years ago

count me in too for protector

#3190 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Is there a video or audio of Hassard/Hazzard's TFTC pinsound?

I am waiting for my new ramp gates from cliffy arriving in a few days then I will make a video
And I also today am trying to contact John Kassir to make 5 new sounds that are missing in Hazzards new sound bank

#3191 5 years ago

Finally bought and just installed my hole protector from overseas, looks 1000% better than my chewed up scoop hole...I also like the design better than the other options.

20181024_233510.jpg20181024_233510.jpg20181024_233601.jpg20181024_233601.jpg
#3192 5 years ago

Hi Creepers
All the way back at the end of playfield in the middle there are 2 lights what do they do? I have purple in them. Has some one tried UV lights?
I cant se the function of those 2 lights. The back part has al lot of flashers so these 2 what do they do

And I need to purchase the clear plastic protector for guiljotine so it will be no fly zone there

Does any one have eprom burner if so I want to get the latest game rom fixes

I also have got a big set of poster lights has any one used or connected them, its round ones small led and is to use under star posts

And tips Cliffy has now in stock again the new ramp gates an T gate for the shooter lane I ordered mine

#3193 5 years ago

I'm having 40 airball protectors made. They are going to be $20 shipped. Sorry, cost was a bit higher than I thought. I made a limited run to see how well they sold. Made 100 sets for Indiana Jones. I should have a for sale ad up in a week or so depending on how long it takes my vendor to make.

#3194 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I'm having 40 airball protectors made. They are going to be $20 shipped. Sorry, cost was a bit higher than I thought. I made a limited run to see how well they sold. Made 100 sets for Indiana Jones. I should have a for sale ad up in a week or so depending on how long it takes my vendor to make.

Can you send to Sweden and a link for picture please

#3195 5 years ago

Can you send to Sweden and a link for picture please

I do ship abroad. Cost a little more but not much. I'll have pics in for sale thread I create. You can probably search history for my indy stopper. Looks the same as both are three bank targets.

#3196 5 years ago

I find hitting the captive ball 5 times for an extra ball very satisfying. There's just something about it...

#3197 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I find hitting the captive ball 5 times for an extra ball very satisfying. There's just something about it...

That shot is tougher than the right ramp! I think that I've hit it a total of about 3 times since I've owned the machine.

#3198 5 years ago

I actually ended up putting stern slim titan on the captive ball and right ramp. helps a bit!

#3199 5 years ago

New to the club! Thanks to Chad for the code rewrite makes it so much more fun to play!
Not sure how to advance to "chainsaw", "grave digger", and "play the organ" frenzys? Each ball starts off with "living dead" flashing. I make the ramp shot to start "living dead" go for the points but then the other frenzys never lite. Do I need to shoot for something to trigger " chainsaw" and the other frenzys? Thanks

#3200 5 years ago

welcome, Right ramp starts the frenzy. The way i understand it is that you have to keep hitting the left ramp and go through all the frenzies in one ball. So 4 shots, which unlocks living dead, 4(5?) shots, then chainsaw. However, I don't think you actually have to start the modes to keep progressing to organ. I for one have never got this mode. The game should save your progress towards organ each ball. Playing the organ is way too hard to get IMO

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,000 (OBO)
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 18.95
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/64?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.