image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 101.
#2901 5 years ago

would somone please post up a close up of connector for j9 on this board .I need to repair mine and want to be shure of wire locations on connector .tks.

data east pic (resized).jpgdata east pic (resized).jpg
#2902 5 years ago
Quoted from hottubr:

would somone please post up a close up of connector for j9 on this board .I need to repair mine and want to be shure of wire locations on connector .tks.

Here you go.

Gord

P1000968 (resized).JPGP1000968 (resized).JPG

#2903 5 years ago

thanks Gord.Got that connector replaced and a few others swapped out too.Just lit her up and plays beautifully

#2904 5 years ago

my newest mod on my tales from the crypt. gonna put the realistic ripped out eyeballs on the ramps this afternoon

20180604_222252 (resized).jpg20180604_222252 (resized).jpg20180604_222254 (resized).jpg20180604_222254 (resized).jpg
#2905 5 years ago

my newest mod on my tales from the crypt. gonna put the realistic ripped out eyeballs on the ramps this afternoon

20180604_222254 (resized).jpg20180604_222254 (resized).jpg
#2906 5 years ago

This has always done this, but I just listened to it....I get static out of right speaker, that goes with the pattern of the pf lights in attract mode.... Solution?

#2907 5 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

This has always done this, but I just listened to it....I get static out of right speaker, that goes with the pattern of the pf lights in attract mode.... Solution?

Speaker static is a pretty common issue for DE games. There's a whole thread regarding it somewhere.

My solution was simple...but not cheap. I installed a Pinsound board. I too wanted to get rid of any static, but the primary reason I did it was to have the entire TFTC TV intro music play on game over. I'll probably also replace the Crypt Jam track as well and I might throw in some additional crypt keeper laugh tracks to keep the one used as a sound effect from grating on me.

But honestly - just getting to hear the TFTC TV intro on game over in high fidelity with an external subwoofer is pretty incredible and well worth the $.

#2908 5 years ago

Soo..this definitely doesn't look kosher. What part number do I need to replace this part of the door mech? Doesnt seem to identify in manual. I have to presume by the duck tape "fix" this piece is shot.

IMG_20180606_204730 (resized).jpgIMG_20180606_204730 (resized).jpg
#2909 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Soo..this definitely doesn't look kosher. What part number do I need to replace this part of the door mech? Doesnt seem to identify in manual. I have to presume by the duck tape "fix" this piece is shot.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/55#post-4198550

#2910 5 years ago

Just floated the sound board with nylon screws and washers, no change in the static level in attract mode....Oh so don't want to spend cash on a pinsound board....any other thoughts ....might have to just live with it....on the plus side I added Jakers drop target ball deflector and it does actually help the game play, the included nuts that are to act as spacers so the targets don't hit the deflector when they come up where to thick so I just used a small washer and all good. So a big shout out to him for making these.

#2911 5 years ago

I've found great success in noise reduction by replacing the power-supply board (as I do with ALL my DE pins) to an Xpin from the stock power-supply (which is awful)...possibly RottenDog's would be good too - but Xpin's does the trick.......it's cheaper than the Pinsound board....

#2912 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I've found great success in noise reduction by replacing the power-supply board (as I do with ALL my DE pins) to an Xpin from the stock power-supply (which is awful)...possibly RottenDog's would be good too - but Xpin's does the trick.......it's cheaper than the Pinsound board....

All the issues I had with my game originated from that original PS, game was down for over a year, had local expect repair board issues, died again few months later....Threw a RD PS in, repaired damage, no problems since....But zero change in static

#2913 5 years ago

hi guys quick question my top vuk on the right side is not kicking the balls up and they are just getting stuck back there.what would cause this microswitch, loose wire?

#2914 5 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

hi guys quick question my top vuk on the right side is not kicking the balls up and they are just getting stuck back there.what would cause this microswitch, loose wire?

When it goes into ball search mode, does the Pinball get spit back up onto the playfield? Or does it stay in the VUK?

If it goes into ball search and spits the ball back onto the playfield, it's most likely a loose/broken VUK switch.

If the ball stays in the VUK even after a ball search, it's probably a disconnected wire on the VUK coil that needs to be resoddered.

#2915 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

When it goes into ball search mode, does the Pinball get spit back up onto the playfield? Or does it stay in the VUK?
If it goes into ball search and spits the ball back onto the playfield, it's most likely a loose/broken VUK switch.
If the ball stays in the VUK even after a ball search, it's probably a disconnected wire on the VUK coil that needs to be resoldered.

This is good advice. Does the VUK try to launch the ball back to the topside of the playfield, but fail at times? If this is the case then you may want to review the following thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-vuk-issue

Gord

#2916 5 years ago

yeah the ball is just staying in the vuk. I have tested the coil amd it sounds like it is working but just will not shoot the ball up

#2917 5 years ago

yeah the ball is just staying in the vuk. I have tested the coil amd it sounds like it is working but just will not shoot the ball up

check the wires and make sure they are soldered properly

#2918 5 years ago

So I had the same problem. It wasn’t the coil or the wiring in my case. For me it was the spring that failed. If the spring that goes under the plastic piece that cradles the ball fails, the ball will be shot up at an angle and will have trouble getting out of the hole. I would recommend a new spring and ensuring the alignment is correct when reinstalling to ensure proper alignment.

#2919 5 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

So I had the same problem. It wasn’t the coil or the wiring in my case. For me it was the spring that failed. If the spring that goes under the plastic piece that cradles the ball fails, the ball will be shot up at an angle and will have trouble getting out of the hole. I would recommend a new spring and ensuring the alignment is correct when reinstalling to ensure proper alignment.

Same problem here but I will have a tech fix before I do damage. Mine shoots but takes a few times after three balls got stuck in far right corner

#2921 5 years ago

i fixed it.it was a loose wire on the micro switch but I am still ordering a vuk rebuild kit from marco.thank you guys so much

#2922 5 years ago

i fixed it.it was a loose wire on the micro switch but I am still ordering a vuk rebuild kit from marco.thank you guys so much

GOod idea!!

#2923 5 years ago

Game is finally coming together! Need to get a set of mirror blades before I put in Pinstadium. Also, probably need to play the heck out of it for like a month, just to be mostly sure the tech issues are mostly past.

Side question- can anyone share a close up high res pic of the left speaker grille? Mine has a little art wear, I'd like to restore it

IMG_20180613_075446 (resized).jpgIMG_20180613_075446 (resized).jpg

#2924 5 years ago

Game is finally coming together! Need to get a set of mirror blades before I put in Pinstadium. Also, probably need to play the heck out of it for like a month, just to be mostly sure the tech issues are mostly past.
Side question- can anyone share a close up high res pic of the left speaker grille? Mine has a little art wear, I'd like to restore it

Here are a couple of photos of the LEFT and RIGHT speaker grilles.

Gord

Left TFTC Speaker Grille
TFTC Left Speaker GrilleTFTC Left Speaker Grille
Right TFTC Speaker Grille
TFTC Right Speaker GrilleTFTC Right Speaker Grille

#2925 5 years ago

Hey team- what's the correct screw size for the right outlane post?

I have the standard "AB" post, but not the screw. I believe it has a small 6/32 thread on the bottom (correct?)- just need to confirm the correct height. Thanks!

#2926 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Here are a couple of photos of the LEFT and RIGHT speaker grilles.
Gord
Left TFTC Speaker Grille

Right TFTC Speaker Grille

Thanks- very helpful

#2927 5 years ago

Shout out to Modfather for the custom paint, LED critter eyes, LED lighting and a sturdier base on my topper.

D0A72532-4F2D-4FBB-BEF4-DA1C1F1419B4 (resized).jpegD0A72532-4F2D-4FBB-BEF4-DA1C1F1419B4 (resized).jpeg
#2928 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Shout out to Modfather for the custom paint, LED critter eyes, LED lighting and a sturdier base on my topper.

That looks bitchin'

#2929 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Hi @damonator,

That is a very nice TFTC topper. TFTC is getting more love every day and aside from the cult-like following this title seems to have it is a fun game to play and becoming increasingly difficult to find one in nice condition.

Gord

#2930 5 years ago

Hello fellow crypt keepers!
I recently joined the club and the gravestone target metal has wear on the right side and the decal needs replaced. I found the decal but does anyone have a source or recommendation to replace the actual metal target? The manual lists the part as xx. Also, any tips on a way to access the switch assembly for removal and repair?
Lastly just to let everyone know the touch up paint previously sold thru pinball universe is no longer available:.(

#2931 5 years ago
Quoted from surfinvet:

Lastly just to let everyone know the touch up paint previously sold thru pinball universe is no longer available:.(

I have a new unopened jar

#2932 5 years ago

Hey Jenniebear,
Any chance of selling or sharing that jar of yours???

#2933 5 years ago

Found this piece in the cabinet. Is it part of the pf somewhere or a promo key fob?

22D3D842-DDA1-46C9-9B06-2ED798EC5CAF (resized).jpeg22D3D842-DDA1-46C9-9B06-2ED798EC5CAF (resized).jpeg
#2934 5 years ago

Hey team- what's the correct screw size for the right outlane post?
I have the standard "AB" post, but not the screw. I believe it has a small 6/32 thread on the bottom (correct?)- just need to confirm the correct height. Thanks!

Anyone know this info, or could pull out their outlane post and find this out for me? I'd really appreciate the help. My game is crazy brutal right now- no right outlane post installed at all..almost as hard as my Drac right next to it

#2935 5 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Found this piece in the cabinet. Is it part of the pf somewhere or a promo key fob?

That's a promo key fob, usually long gone. Congrats!

#2936 5 years ago

The near unobtanium NOS TFTC playfield has been located!! Thanks to all those who have PM'd me and answered my PM's regarding this search (especially GRB1959 & @transprtr4u)

Never gonna let this go!

NOS TFTC pics in WTB thread for those who are interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-nos-or-repro-tftc-playfield

#2937 5 years ago

Anyone know this info, or could pull out their outlane post and find this out for me? I'd really appreciate the help. My game is crazy brutal right now- no right outlane post installed at all..almost as hard as my Drac right next to it

You need someone to remove their outlane post to find out what size for you? Is this correct

I just want to make sure before I take anything apart

#2938 5 years ago

Is this the PF that circulated around western Canada a while ago? Nathan in Med hat was looking for one as well...maybe your old one is better than the one he currently has...Just a thought as he had reached out to me when he found out we had joined the club a couple months ago...

#2939 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Is this the PF that circulated around western Canada a while ago? Nathan in Med hat was looking for one as well...maybe your old one is better than the one he currently has...Just a thought as he had reached out to me when he found out we had joined the club a couple months ago...

Nope. This came from the NE US and has been in the same persons hands for a number of years.....until today

My current playfield that's installed is in really good condition. Just the scoop hole would required some bondo work. Tell him to PM me if he's interested.

#2940 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Nope. This came from the NE US and has been in the same persons hands for a number of years.....until today
My current playfield that's installed is in really good condition. Just the scoop hole would required some bondo work. Tell him to PM me if he's interested.

Will do that. Thanks

#2941 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Sending Pm

#2942 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

That's a promo key fob, usually long gone. Congrats!

Cool! Thanks

#2943 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

You need someone to remove their outlane post to find out what size for you? Is this correct
I just want to make sure before I take anything apart

Correct- a picture of the screw and the size would be super helpful. Also, does it need a washer on the underside (if so, I guess the size of that would be helpful too, if its not obvious). Thanks

#2944 5 years ago

Correct- a picture of the screw and the size would be super helpful. Also, does it need a washer on the underside (if so, I guess the size of that would be helpful too, if its not obvious). Thanks

And the right outlane post is the one that is adjustable? (Just above the right drain lane)

#2945 5 years ago

Hey everybody, I’m having an issue with the lower right flipper on my TFTC. It was working fine then locked on and blew the F-1 fuse. I checked the EOS switch and that’s working, checked the flipper switch and that’s working, so I replaced the coil and it’s still doing the same thing. It’s not mechanical as the flipper moves freely when the games off. Any ideas?

#2946 5 years ago
Quoted from jonh:

Hey everybody, I’m having an issue with the lower right flipper on my TFTC. It was working fine then locked on and blew the F-1 fuse. I checked the EOS switch and that’s working, checked the flipper switch and that’s working, so I replaced the coil and it’s still doing the same thing. It’s not mechanical as the flipper moves freely when the games off. Any ideas?

Sounds like the transistor that controls the coil has failed. Try replacing it and the diode on the coil while you're at it.

#2947 5 years ago

Created a fun little mod for the coin door buttons. Print at .625 x 1.170. Enjoy.

IMG_20180623_112806 (resized).jpgIMG_20180623_112806 (resized).jpgIMG_20180623_112848 (resized).jpgIMG_20180623_112848 (resized).jpgcrypt (resized).jpgcrypt (resized).jpg

#2948 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

what did that cost ya?

#2949 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

what did that cost ya?

$100

#2950 5 years ago

Does anybody have any nice graphics that they would be willing to share so that I can get some blades printed for my TFTC?
Also looking for score cards as well.
Would be willing to pay a bit if that helps get me what i'm looking for.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.