image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 101.
#2751 6 years ago

Getting my first TFTC pin,going to install color DMD .Led goes in but LCD speaker panel has permanent modifications ?
Are remake panels available if I did go with LCD? Any thoughts or suggestions ?

Screenshot_20180124-184854 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180124-184854 (resized).png

#2752 6 years ago

Panel is standard Data East. Replace it with anything. I would color it differently than black.

#2753 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Hey everyone, I need some part buying advice and hoping someone may have some experience with these... Any help is much appreciated!
1.) I'm looking to replace my lockdown assembly, and the manual lists TFTC's assembly as part #500-5020-00, but I cannot find this for purchase on the web, but did find PinballLife's Stern Front Molding Lockdown Bar Receiver Assembly part #500-6881-00 and they list it as compatible with TFTC.
Has anyone ordered this one and did it install properly?

I'm sure it will fit. Stern is essentially old Data East as I'm sure you know. Why change dimensions on these parts? If it doesnt fit (unlikely) send it back.

#2754 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Getting my first TFTC pin,going to install color DMD .Led goes in but LCD speaker panel has permanent modifications ?
Are remake panels available if I did go with LCD? Any thoughts or suggestions ?

Yes you are correct with your statement. Go with the LED if you want an easy drop in replacement and aren't very handy.

If you are handy then yes you have to trim some of the plastic on the speaker/dmd panel. I used a dremel with a cutting wheel.

As far as I know you cannot get a modified panel.

#2755 6 years ago

Did someone use a PIN2DMD on his TFTC ?

#2756 6 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Did someone use a PIN2DMD on his TFTC ?

I have a pin2DMD in my SF2 and a color DMD (LCD) in my TFTC

Go with color DMD...pin2DMD isn't worth the hassle.

#2757 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I have a pin2DMD in my SF2 and a color DMD (LCD) in my TFTC
Go with color DMD...pin2DMD isn't worth the hassle.

The technical part is ok, i've built one on a pincab. What about the quality comparison ?

#2758 6 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

The technical part is ok, i've built one on a pincab. What about the quality comparison ?

Color dmd all the way!

#2759 6 years ago

Just found these flipper toppers on eBay...

Thoughts? They seem to differ slightly from the original ones I was looking for a few months ago

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg
s-l16002.jpgs-l16002.jpg
s-l16003.jpgs-l16003.jpg

#2760 6 years ago

They look like turds. Don't buy

#2761 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

They look like turds. Don't buy

Yupp....nothing like the fingers that are on the playfield underneath the flippers. I can't figure out where the images/graphics were taken from when they made these.

Thanks for the input.

Looks like the waiting game continues....

#2762 6 years ago

Just buy actual bony flippers...

#2763 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Yes they are listed as scarred stiff flippers from most pinball retailers.

#2764 6 years ago

Considering no one makes insert overlays I decided to make some of my own. I didn't make an entire set, just the ones that look like crap on mine. I'm going to print them on water transfer paper and cover them with mylar. Will have to carefully cut out the old and install the new. I'll post before and after pics when done.

#2765 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I'm not a fan of those bony flipper fingers

#2766 6 years ago

Where can I get one of the guards for the top of the drop targets?

#2767 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

You mean the air ball deflector guard? Jakers made mine and it appears Djshakes has made some as well

#2768 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

You mean the air ball deflector guard? jakers made mine and it appears djshakes has made some as well

I made some for Indiana jones but modified one for TFTC. I have a template to make more for TFTC and IJ as I am out of them but sounds like someone may have made them for TFTC.

#2769 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

I think I have one or two left. PM me and I can get one sent out to you.

#2770 6 years ago

Tales got delivered, the condition is incredible. Here's some pics,underneath as well as boards are untouched and immaculate

20180210_093735 (resized).jpg20180210_093735 (resized).jpg

20180210_101913 (resized).jpg20180210_101913 (resized).jpg

20180210_093751 (resized).jpg20180210_093751 (resized).jpg

15182869728971905448786 (resized).jpg15182869728971905448786 (resized).jpg

#2771 6 years ago

1518287656096744211647 (resized).jpg1518287656096744211647 (resized).jpg

#2773 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Tales got delivered, the condition is incredible. Here's some pics,underneath as well as boards are untouched and immaculate

That is a really nice TFTC. Most of the ones that I have seen have cabinets that look like crapola and the Crypt Keeper VUK hole is usually pretty chewed up.

Your game looks really nice. Post some more pics when you get a chance if you don't mind.

Gord

#2774 6 years ago

Post pics of the plastics behind the three gillioutine targets from several angles. I need good reference pictures of how the posts, lights and everything attach.

#2775 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Post pics of the plastics behind the three gillioutine targets from several angles. I need good reference pictures of how the posts, lights and everything attach.

Sure,games at my shop ,pics soon

#2776 6 years ago

Thanks a lot

#2777 6 years ago

Ok guys been a while since I updated on my tales game. Good news - I found a bad transistor that was constantly blowing F5. Replaced it and the fuse and got about 6 plays out of it and now the ball launch will not launch the ball. It will still lock a mode if I manually hit a Target and press it but it will not launch the ball. Flipper and sound issues I was having are fixed though completely. Any ideas?

#2778 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Ok guys been a while since I updated on my tales game. Good news - I found a bad transistor that was constantly blowing F5. Replaced it and the fuse and got about 6 plays out of it and now the ball launch will not launch the ball. It will still lock a mode if I manually hit a Target and press it but it will not launch the ball. Flipper and sound issues I was having are fixed though completely. Any ideas?

That sounds like a ball trough issue and/or a shooter lane switch issue. Make sure that the switch is registering closed when the ball is sitting in the shooter lane. My game was giving me all kinds of problems til I realized the ball was not sitting on the switch when in the shooter lane. The rubber bumper had rotted away from the ball launch coil bracket causing the plunger to sit back farther than it should, thus allowing the ball to sit back further in the shooter lane and not close the switch.

#2779 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Sure,games at my shop ,pics soon

moar pics!

#2780 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

That sounds like a ball trough issue and/or a shooter lane switch issue. Make sure that the switch is registering closed when the ball is sitting in the shooter lane. My game was giving me all kinds of problems til I realized the ball was not sitting on the switch when in the shooter lane. The rubber bumper had rotted away from the ball launch coil bracket causing the plunger to sit back farther than it should, thus allowing the ball to sit back further in the shooter lane and not close the switch.

Thanks going to check this out now.

#2781 6 years ago

So switches so the last trough switch and the shooter Lane switch are active. They work fine. We are thinking maybe an issue with connector j7 since that's where the yellow purple wire connects to and I am getting some strange readings from it. Funny thing is it's hooked up to the 50v which is testing fine on my power board. Flippers are still strong as well which is kinda odd here too in this case. Going to change the battery in my meter and double check.

#2782 6 years ago

Ok so changed the battery on my multi meter just to see if there was a difference and it seems the first four pins on that connector are around 25 and the last 4 are around 75.

#2783 6 years ago

Ok so 2 fuses went. May have narrowed to down to the two transistors on the CPU board feeding the larger one on the other board. Going to see if replacing that will fix the one that keeps blowing and saved me some fuses. Going to try switching out a diode on the crypt vuk but not going to lie, super nervous about any soldering work on the play field.

#2784 6 years ago

Don't worry. Takes pictures before you start working. Do it slow and systematically.

#2785 6 years ago

I am trying to gauge the amount of potential interest in having Mantis Amustments (Kerry Stair) create a Mantis protector for the Crypt Keeper VUK hole for TFTC. I realize that you can purchase a Cliffy protector for this same purpose and the Cliffy protector does a very nice job and looks very nice as well in addition to covering up any existing VUK hole damage.

The Mantis protector sits down in the VUK hole and as a result doesn't come into contact with the pinball on the playfield. On occasion a slow rolling pinball may get slightly diverted when coming into contact with the edge of a Cliffy protector on the playfield.

If any of you are interested in a Mantis style protector for the Crypt Keeper VUK hole in TFTC please chime in with your opinion. If there is enough interest then it may become a worthwhile project for Kerry to undertake.

I have a separate thread on this topic with a poll and photos of both types of protectors on various games. Please visit the following URL and vote in the poll if you are interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-interest-in-a-mantis-style-protector-for-tftc#post-4240315

Gord

2 weeks later
#2786 6 years ago

Well good news bad news.

Good news is I was able to fix the issues. No more blowing fuses or transistors.

Bad news is my vuk for the tomb stone wants to non stop fire when I start the game and just work when it wants to after starting a game. Any direction here would be appreciated. Seems to be the only issue after this but I'm finding once you fix one issue another seems to pop up....

#2787 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Well good news bad news.
Good news is I was able to fix the issues. No more blowing fuses or transistors.
Bad news is my vuk for the tomb stone wants to non stop fire when I start the game and just work when it wants to after starting a game. Any direction here would be appreciated. Seems to be the only issue after this but I'm finding once you fix one issue another seems to pop up....

First place I’d start is the vuk switch. Sounds like it’s bad.

#2788 6 years ago

After looking at the before picture I may have been a bit over the top with how I put the wiring for the switch back on. Going to desolder and try it a little different. Bear with me guys. Still new.

#2789 6 years ago

Ok vuk issue fixed!!! Now I'm having a small issue with the tomb Stone registering hits. Only does when it wants to. If this is a switch issue is it the one underneath in the middle and if so which way would I bend the switch to fix this???

#2790 6 years ago

Leaf switch I believe, the gap is likely too small.

#2791 6 years ago

Looking for a topper if anyone has one they want to sell.

#2792 6 years ago

Wow actually it was just a dirty contact. Guys in back up in full working order!!!! I can't believe this it was such a bastard! Frunch helped me so much with this. What an awesome Pinsider!!! Love this place!!!!

2 weeks later
#2793 6 years ago

New TFTC scoop hole protector from Mantis: https://mantispinball.com/product/tales-from-the-crypt-hole-protector/

Released moments ago. Enjoy.

#2794 6 years ago

Thanks, just ordered one.

#2795 6 years ago

Will be joining the club (first time) on Friday. Look forward to reading through this thread.

#2796 6 years ago

If your game doesn't have ChadH's updated rom, get it--it makes the game much better.

#2797 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

If your game doesn't have ChadH's updated rom, get it--it makes the game much better.

It’s on my to do list unless I get a Maiden.

#2798 6 years ago

Picking up this Friday and the cab is nice but needs a little touch up. I was able to find an exact match for the blue but what about the green? Anyone have a good solution or link they can send for some minor touch up of the green? This would be mainly on the front of the cab by the coin door.

Thanks!

#2799 6 years ago

I have had 3 different companies mix me the purple - blue paint. I still can’t find a match even close. The green was easy Folk Art electric lime.

#2800 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

I have had 3 different companies mix me the purple - blue paint. I still can’t find a match even close. The green was easy Folk Art electric lime.

Have you tried Pinball Universe?

http://www.pinballuniverse.com/PinballPaints.htm

Gord

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/56?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.