By E_N_3

4 years ago

Stats

• 2,723 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Jenniebear
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 804 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180115_122900.jpg
IMG_20180109_1300158.jpg
b021fdc132fe5ad20abb1a5f7198ce9663a688de.jpg
EB_Switch_Circled (resized).JPG
Switch_Matrix_Locations.pdf (PDF preview)
Resized952018010295161032953451 (resized).jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
talesplas20 (resized).jpg
CPR-PLAS-CRYPT-2.jpg
P1000765 (resized).JPG
P1000763 (resized).JPG
P1000764 (resized).JPG
P1000762 (resized).JPG
IMG_1951 (resized).JPG
73BB9223-7D29-4909-83F2-8C9D12950BC4 (resized).jpeg

There are 2723 posts in topic. You are on page 55 of 55.
#2701 13 days ago

My plastic set arrived yesterday and I checked it over this afternoon.

I'm assuming they come with a protective film/paper on both sides that needs to be removed before installation?

b021fdc132fe5ad20abb1a5f7198ce9663a688de.jpg

#2702 13 days ago
Quoted from TheHueManatee:

I'm assuming they come with a protective film/paper on both sides that needs to be removed before installation?

Where did you get the cpr set

#2704 13 days ago

Yes, remove the protective film/paper from both sides prior to installation.

Gord

#2705 13 days ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Where did you get the cpr set

http://www.theplaydiumstore.com/category_s/2309.htm

It's a Canadian coin-op distributor. It was their last one. But they do have other rare plastic sets.

Quoted from GRB1959:

PPS has them in stock.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-830-5435-00-SET
Gord

Gord to the rescue again Mine cost 175$ CAD....so they are pretty much the same price. Snap up that set of plastics ASAP!!

Quoted from GRB1959:

Gord

Thanks again Gord! I figured as much but asking questions never hurts

#2706 12 days ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Gord

Be very careful with the painted side. It has almost like masking tape on it. Depending on how the plastic was stored before you purchased it. If it was around heat it gets stuck on and will pull the paint off. I ruined nos monopoly ball guide plastic. I have had luck running them under warm - hot water first.

#2707 12 days ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Be very careful with the painted side. It has almost like masking tape on it. Depending on how the plastic was stored before you purchased it. If it was around heat it gets stuck on and will pull the paint off. I ruined nos monopoly ball guide plastic. I have had luck running them under warm - hot water first.

Good to know! Thanks for the tip @jenniebear

#2708 11 days ago

I know I've been posting a lot lately....but I just wanted to thank @jakers again for the air ball guard. That thing works great & there haven't been ANY air balls since installation a few weeks ago. Quite the dramatic change from before when the ball was catching some serious air.

Also....

The wife has a wicked habit of putting 3+ balls into the super VUK at the same time....causing it to have a real hard time spitting the balls back onto the playfield. I ask her how she is the only one who manages to be able to do this & her reply is "it's not my fault my shots are accurate."

If there's two balls the VUK can handle it....sometime three....sometimes. But anything more than three balls and it struggles.

I just want to know if this is an issue for others?

#2709 11 days ago

I know I've been posting a lot lately....but I just wanted to thank jakers again for the air ball guard. That thing works great & there haven't been ANY air balls since installation a few weeks ago. Quite the dramatic change from before when the ball was catching some serious air.
Also....
The wife has a wicked habit of putting 3+ balls into the super VUK at the same time....causing it to have a real hard time spitting the balls back onto the playfield. I ask her how she is the only one who manages to be able to do this & her reply is "it's not my fault my shots are accurate."
If there's two balls the VUK can handle it....sometime three....sometimes. But anything more than three balls and it struggles.

You're welcome. I'm glad it's working out well for you! I was really surprised how much airtime the ball was getting when I first got my game.

#2710 11 days ago

I know I've been posting a lot lately....but I just wanted to thank jakers again for the air ball guard. That thing works great & there haven't been ANY air balls since installation a few weeks ago. Quite the dramatic change from before when the ball was catching some serious air.
Also....

Agreed it makes the game play alot better and consistent. Zero air balls

#2711 11 days ago
Quoted from Jakers:

You're welcome. I'm glad it's working out well for you! I was really surprised how much airtime the ball was getting when I first got my game.

I might be interested in this. Where can I see the air ball deflector to order?

Thx

#2712 9 days ago

My personal best. It's still 200+ million short of the wife's best....but I'm getting closer. She will eventually be dethroned

IMG_20180109_1300158.jpg

#2713 9 days ago

Got my color dmd installed, my first led dmd. It’s not bad, but I much prefer the lcd with hires mode as I like the cartoonish look. Huge improvement over the stock dmd.

» YouTube video

#2714 9 days ago

I posted a WTB ad on the marketplace but figured it didn't hurt to post it here as well.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-tales-from-the-crypt-playfield-nos

Looking for a NOS TFTC playfield. If you have one or know about a lead on one feel free to PM me. Cheers!

#2715 8 days ago

I posted a WTB ad on the marketplace but figured it didn't hurt to post it here as well.....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-tales-from-the-crypt-playfield-nos
Looking for a NOS TFTC playfield. If you have one or know about a lead on one feel free to PM me.
Cheers!

Did you PM @miamiredskin ? He was selling one previously.

Why are you looking for one?

#2716 8 days ago
Quoted from Boat:

Did you PM miamiredskin ? He was selling one previously.
Why are you looking for one?

I just missed the boat (no pun intended) on that playfield.

I would like to have a NOS playfield for down the road. I don't see myself ever getting rid of my TFTC, so it'll be good to have a NOS playfield as a backup.

#2717 6 days ago

Just checked the audits on my TFTC. The wife & I have put 2300 games on it in 4 months. LOL

#2718 5 days ago

I’ve owned this game for just a few weeks, but can’t believe how much I like it. I thought it would be out the door quickly and actually had it sold, but I pulled back as I could feel regret building. I love the modes and the ramp shots, which aren’t that easy, it’s a tough game to progress. I also feel a bit attached to the game with all the work I’ve done to it and it’s playing really well. I tore the top down, replaced most coil sleeves, new rubber, adjusted switches, full led including flashers, chads code, color dmd, side mirrors, undercab lights, soon ocd board, etc. only thing I don’t care for is the sound, even with external sub, but it’s typical for de games I think. I thought Baywach was great, this is better.

#2719 5 days ago

If you don't have the new code you need to get that asap--it changes the game--ChadH did a fantastic job on it.

#2720 4 days ago

Yeah the game is awesome and what was once a potential trade bait game for me, may just be a keeper. I love the theme and all that EC Comics stands for, and the HBO show screams 80’s/90’s nostalgia for me.

If the game is clean and tuned up with some of the newest bells and whistles, it’s phenomenal. And I really think it’s underrated in the Pinside top 100.

To learn more about the roots of the game, check out this documentary on EC comics.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=673s&v=-Rj1q8fGwK0

#2721 3 days ago

Anyone ever get a ball stuck here? Lol

20180115_122900.jpg

#2722 17 hours ago

New to the club! Has anyone made insert decals? Doesn't appear so. I can't believe with the demand these haven't happened yet. I know my mylar is going to damage my inserts when I remove.

#2723 14 hours ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Has anyone made insert decals?

I asked a couple times and looked and haven't found any. My Monster Jackpot is damaged. Now I'm looking for a new playfield.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
£ 32.00
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 63.00
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leeper, PA
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.99
There are 2723 posts in topic. You are on page 55 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside