image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 101.
#2701 6 years ago

My plastic set arrived yesterday and I checked it over this afternoon.

I'm assuming they come with a protective film/paper on both sides that needs to be removed before installation?

b021fdc132fe5ad20abb1a5f7198ce9663a688de.jpgb021fdc132fe5ad20abb1a5f7198ce9663a688de.jpg

#2702 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I'm assuming they come with a protective film/paper on both sides that needs to be removed before installation?

Where did you get the cpr set

#2704 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Yes, remove the protective film/paper from both sides prior to installation.

Gord

#2705 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Where did you get the cpr set

http://www.theplaydiumstore.com/category_s/2309.htm

It's a Canadian coin-op distributor. It was their last one. But they do have other rare plastic sets.

Gord to the rescue again Mine cost 175$ CAD....so they are pretty much the same price. Snap up that set of plastics ASAP!!

Quoted from GRB1959:

Gord

Thanks again Gord! I figured as much but asking questions never hurts

#2706 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Gord

Be very careful with the painted side. It has almost like masking tape on it. Depending on how the plastic was stored before you purchased it. If it was around heat it gets stuck on and will pull the paint off. I ruined nos monopoly ball guide plastic. I have had luck running them under warm - hot water first.

#2707 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Be very careful with the painted side. It has almost like masking tape on it. Depending on how the plastic was stored before you purchased it. If it was around heat it gets stuck on and will pull the paint off. I ruined nos monopoly ball guide plastic. I have had luck running them under warm - hot water first.

Good to know! Thanks for the tip Jenniebear

#2708 6 years ago

I know I've been posting a lot lately....but I just wanted to thank Jakers again for the air ball guard. That thing works great & there haven't been ANY air balls since installation a few weeks ago. Quite the dramatic change from before when the ball was catching some serious air.

Also....

The wife has a wicked habit of putting 3+ balls into the super VUK at the same time....causing it to have a real hard time spitting the balls back onto the playfield. I ask her how she is the only one who manages to be able to do this & her reply is "it's not my fault my shots are accurate."

If there's two balls the VUK can handle it....sometime three....sometimes. But anything more than three balls and it struggles.

I just want to know if this is an issue for others?

#2709 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I know I've been posting a lot lately....but I just wanted to thank jakers again for the air ball guard. That thing works great & there haven't been ANY air balls since installation a few weeks ago. Quite the dramatic change from before when the ball was catching some serious air.
Also....
The wife has a wicked habit of putting 3+ balls into the super VUK at the same time....causing it to have a real hard time spitting the balls back onto the playfield. I ask her how she is the only one who manages to be able to do this & her reply is "it's not my fault my shots are accurate."
If there's two balls the VUK can handle it....sometime three....sometimes. But anything more than three balls and it struggles.

You're welcome. I'm glad it's working out well for you! I was really surprised how much airtime the ball was getting when I first got my game.

#2710 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I know I've been posting a lot lately....but I just wanted to thank jakers again for the air ball guard. That thing works great & there haven't been ANY air balls since installation a few weeks ago. Quite the dramatic change from before when the ball was catching some serious air.
Also....

Agreed it makes the game play alot better and consistent. Zero air balls

#2711 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

You're welcome. I'm glad it's working out well for you! I was really surprised how much airtime the ball was getting when I first got my game.

I might be interested in this. Where can I see the air ball deflector to order?

Thx

#2712 6 years ago

My personal best. It's still 200+ million short of the wife's best....but I'm getting closer. She will eventually be dethroned

IMG_20180109_1300158.jpgIMG_20180109_1300158.jpg

#2713 6 years ago

Got my color dmd installed, my first led dmd. It’s not bad, but I much prefer the lcd with hires mode as I like the cartoonish look. Huge improvement over the stock dmd.

#2714 6 years ago

I posted a WTB ad on the marketplace but figured it didn't hurt to post it here as well.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-tales-from-the-crypt-playfield-nos

Looking for a NOS TFTC playfield. If you have one or know about a lead on one feel free to PM me. Cheers!

#2715 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I posted a WTB ad on the marketplace but figured it didn't hurt to post it here as well.....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-tales-from-the-crypt-playfield-nos
Looking for a NOS TFTC playfield. If you have one or know about a lead on one feel free to PM me.
Cheers!

Did you PM MiamiRedSkin ? He was selling one previously.

Why are you looking for one?

#2716 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Did you PM miamiredskin ? He was selling one previously.
Why are you looking for one?

I just missed the boat (no pun intended) on that playfield.

I would like to have a NOS playfield for down the road. I don't see myself ever getting rid of my TFTC, so it'll be good to have a NOS playfield as a backup.

#2717 6 years ago

Just checked the audits on my TFTC. The wife & I have put 2300 games on it in 4 months. LOL

#2718 6 years ago

I’ve owned this game for just a few weeks, but can’t believe how much I like it. I thought it would be out the door quickly and actually had it sold, but I pulled back as I could feel regret building. I love the modes and the ramp shots, which aren’t that easy, it’s a tough game to progress. I also feel a bit attached to the game with all the work I’ve done to it and it’s playing really well. I tore the top down, replaced most coil sleeves, new rubber, adjusted switches, full led including flashers, chads code, color dmd, side mirrors, undercab lights, soon ocd board, etc. only thing I don’t care for is the sound, even with external sub, but it’s typical for de games I think. I thought Baywach was great, this is better.

#2719 6 years ago

If you don't have the new code you need to get that asap--it changes the game--ChadH did a fantastic job on it.

#2720 6 years ago

Yeah the game is awesome and what was once a potential trade bait game for me, may just be a keeper. I love the theme and all that EC Comics stands for, and the HBO show screams 80’s/90’s nostalgia for me.

If the game is clean and tuned up with some of the newest bells and whistles, it’s phenomenal. And I really think it’s underrated in the Pinside top 100.

To learn more about the roots of the game, check out this documentary on EC comics.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=673s&v=-Rj1q8fGwK0

#2721 6 years ago

Anyone ever get a ball stuck here? Lol

20180115_122900.jpg20180115_122900.jpg

#2722 6 years ago

New to the club! Has anyone made insert decals? Doesn't appear so. I can't believe with the demand these haven't happened yet. I know my mylar is going to damage my inserts when I remove.

#2723 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Has anyone made insert decals?

I asked a couple times and looked and haven't found any. My Monster Jackpot is damaged. Now I'm looking for a new playfield.

#2724 6 years ago

New to the Fang Club! My wife and I picked up this game recently, and we're falling in love with it. A real "players game" with nice rule set, etc. Our machine was a USA version with some backbox stickers showing that it was on route in Jacksonville, FL in 2000-2001. A few questions for more experienced members of FC:

1.) Was the game originally manufactured using "Black Beast" coils? We suspect that our game might be totally original. There is no evidence of repairs, operator rigging, or quick fixes. Virtually no wear on the PF, etc. It does need a lot of maintenance. We're shopping the game, rebuilding flippers and pop bumpers, and dropping in an LED kit.

2.) I'd love to install the ChadH ROM 4.0 but don't have the gear or expertise. Anyone who is available to do this for us? Please send me a PM if you can help.

3.) Has anyone made custom instruction cards for this game? If someone has a link, we'd love to add them to our machine.

Thanks for sharing the knowledge, Fright Fans!

Les & Abby Rayburn

#2725 6 years ago
Quoted from lowga:

New to the Fang Club! My wife and I picked up this game recently, and we're falling in love with it. A real "players game" with nice rule set, etc. Our machine was a USA version with some backbox stickers showing that it was on route in Jacksonville, FL in 2000-2001. A few questions for more experienced members of FC:
1.) Was the game originally manufactured using "Black Beast" coils? We suspect that our game might be totally original. There is no evidence of repairs, operator rigging, or quick fixes. Virtually no wear on the PF, etc. It does need a lot of maintenance. We're shopping the game, rebuilding flippers and pop bumpers, and dropping in an LED kit.
2.) I'd love to install the ChadH ROM 4.0 but don't have the gear or expertise. Anyone who is available to do this for us? Please send me a PM if you can help.
3.) Has anyone made custom instruction cards for this game? If someone has a link, we'd love to add them to our machine.
Les & Abby Rayburn

To get the updated Chad H. 4.0 ROMs for your TFTC you may reach out to this vendor.

http://www.pinballrom.com/SternROMSindex.html

Or you could reach out to Pinsider Meloyelo51 who I believe provides a ROM service.

Good luck.

Gord

#2726 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

To get the updated Chad H. 4.0 ROMs for your TFTC you may reach out to this vendor.
http://www.pinballrom.com/SternROMSindex.html
Or you could reach out to Pinsider meloyelo51 who I believe provides a ROM service.
Good luck.
Gord

Thanks Gord,

Pinballrom.com is helping me out--should have them in a few days. Can't wait.

#2727 6 years ago

Digging into the game tonight. First problem arose---we noticed that when we turned off the game (but did not disconnect AC) all the settings, high games, etc. reset to default. Realized that hadn't even opened the backbox yet. Suspecting dead batteries, we opened it up to have a look around.

Good news-- no evidence of battery leakage, or damage to the circuit boards. Battery were dead, but had not leaked. I replaced them with brand-new in the pack Duracells. Turned it back on, when through the adjustments to set things to free play--turned off power.

Game came back up, but still not nice. This time I removed the batteries and cleaned all contacts on battery holder with alcohol. Used a burnishing tool to rough up the battery contacts--and cleaned again with alcohol. Tried again--same result.

So we clearly have a problem.

I'm not sure how to proceed in troubleshooting this issue. Never really had this problem before. Where should I start to track this down? Game works great in other aspects. No problems noted after playing 20-25 games, so I suspect the MPU is fine.

Grateful for any help or advice.

Les & Abby Rayburn

#2728 6 years ago

Could be your battery holder is not making good connection with the board. You’d have to take the board out and resolder the connections on the back. You could test for continuity between the terminals on the holder and the solder points on the back. If you have continuity, it’s not the holder.

Alternatively, You could opt to go with nvram, $10 from one of the suppliers here on pinside I believe. I think it’s plug in for tftc.

#2729 6 years ago
Quoted from lowga:

Digging into the game tonight. First problem arose---we noticed that when we turned off the game (but did not disconnect AC) all the settings, high games, etc. reset to default. Realized that hadn't even opened the backbox yet. Suspecting dead batteries, we opened it up to have a look around.
Good news-- no evidence of battery leakage, or damage to the circuit boards. Battery were dead, but had not leaked. I replaced them with brand-new in the pack Duracells. Turned it back on, when through the adjustments to set things to free play--turned off power.
Game came back up, but still not nice. This time I removed the batteries and cleaned all contacts on battery holder with alcohol. Used a burnishing tool to rough up the battery contacts--and cleaned again with alcohol. Tried again--same result.
So we clearly have a problem.
I'm not sure how to proceed in troubleshooting this issue. Never really had this problem before. Where should I start to track this down? Game works great in other aspects. No problems noted after playing 20-25 games, so I suspect the MPU is fine.
Grateful for any help or advice.
Les & Abby Rayburn

Like Lermods said, just buy some NVRAM and it's plug and play. Then you'll never need to worry about battery replacements or leakage ever again!

#2730 6 years ago
Quoted from lowga:

Les & Abby Rayburn

Perhaps this is what you had in mind?

http://www.pinballcards.com/Search?submit_form=0&search=crypt
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards?tag=Tales+From+The+Crypt

Gord

#2731 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Like lermods said, just buy some NVRAM and it's plug and play. Then you'll never need to worry about battery replacements or leakage ever again!

+ 1 on this great advice. TFTC doesn't have a real-time game clock so by adding NVRAM you are not missing out on any game features either and installation is very simple as shown in the following Youtube video on a JP by Pinsider @meloyelo51.

Gord

#2732 6 years ago

Pricing on this game has really been moving up...not even that nice...

ebay.com link: 0

#2733 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Pricing on this game has really been moving up...not even that nice...
ebay.com link

You should see the prices jump north of the border. I paid 3700$ USD (converted from Canadian) for mine. I was lucky as mine came with....

- alternate translite
- tons of extra parts (coils, plastics, flippers, switches, etc)
- new decals installed
- tombstone underside light mod
- color DMD
- Cliffy scoop

Doubt I'll ever get rid of it. It's simply magical

#2734 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Like lermods said, just buy some NVRAM and it's plug and play. Then you'll never need to worry about battery replacements or leakage ever again!

GASP!!! What is this magic you speak of? What's next--flying cars!!?? This opens several new questions:

1.) How do I get it? Web link if you have it.
2.) Are they also available for my Creature from the Black Lagoon and South Park?

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! Best news I've heard in a long time.

#2735 6 years ago
Quoted from lowga:

GASP!!! What is this magic you speak of? What's next--flying cars!!?? This opens several new questions:
1.) How do I get it? Web link if you have it.
2.) Are they also available for my Creature from the Black Lagoon and South Park?
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! Best news I've heard in a long time.

Contact pinsiders barakandl, he sells them. You can get them for any game, but for bw, the chips are soldered on. Sega is plug and play.

#2736 6 years ago

I would like to join the club, if anyone has a project TFTC they would like to sell let me know.

Thanks

#2737 6 years ago

Well, finally got mine shipped and all the kinks worked out. I had some issues with the ball getting stuck in the trough in the upper right where the electric chair, extra ball hole is. Took the trough off and but some duck tape over the slit where the trough intersects as the is an exposed gap and a slow traveling ball can get hung up. Seems to work.

I also noticed a ton of airballs coming off the drop targets. This is common with drops. I modified one of my indy airball stopper mods I sell and no more airballs. If there is enough demand I might make some more. Im down to 7 pairs left for indy. Perhaps I can make more indys and also some tftc with only the two holes for mounting.

20180121_213224 (resized).jpg20180121_213224 (resized).jpg

#2738 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Well, finally got mine shipped and all the kinks worked out. I had some issues with the ball getting stuck in the trough in the upper right where the electric chair, extra ball hole is. Took the trough off and but some duck tape over the slit where the trough intersects as the is an exposed gap and a slow traveling ball can get hung up. Seems to work.
I also noticed a ton of airballs coming off the drop targets. This is common with drops. I modified one of my indy airball stopper mods I sell and no more airballs. If there is enough demand I might make some more. Im down to 7 pairs left for indy. Perhaps I can make more indys and also some tftc with only the two holes for mounting.

I made a batch of these a couple months back. They do pretty much eliminate the crazy airballs this game has. I guess great minds think alike!

#2739 6 years ago

Well..... TFTC has become the wife's pin. I'm just the guy who holds her purse while she's plays.

IMG_20180123_2036159.jpgIMG_20180123_2036159.jpg

IMG_20180123_2036361.jpgIMG_20180123_2036361.jpg

#2740 6 years ago

Where’s the best place to grab a NVRAM for TFTC?

#2741 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

If there is enough demand I might make some more. Im down to 7 pairs left for indy. Perhaps I can make more indys and also some tftc with only the two holes for mounting.

Hello, interested by one for TFTC shipped to france, how much would it cost ?

Just joined the club with a quite good one, a lot of dust, but fully working. Flashed Chad's rom, and will learn a bit about the game.

#2743 6 years ago

Did anyone try to set a 3d model of the door handle and the tongue ??

Otherwise can someone send me nice pictures from top side front back view to give a try ?

#2744 6 years ago
#2745 6 years ago

Joined the club this week. Besides a broken plastic over the drop targets it looks to be in good condition. Playfield is great without wear.

I have a question though, I figured the sound was very thin, so when I dug a bit deeper I found that the cabinet speaker was replaced to the one in the pic. Sound is coming out but very low. Is there a way to boost it? The music is currently drowned by sfx volume. I have adjusted the volume setting to have music turned up.

8068EB8E-880E-497A-9A0C-7FE216898A80 (resized).jpeg8068EB8E-880E-497A-9A0C-7FE216898A80 (resized).jpeg

1F4DCFD2-725D-4669-8408-59A04E461A1F (resized).jpeg1F4DCFD2-725D-4669-8408-59A04E461A1F (resized).jpeg

#2746 6 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Did anyone try to set a 3d model of the door handle and the tongue ??
Otherwise can someone send me nice pictures from top side front back view to give a try ?

Nobody ??

#2747 6 years ago

Can't help with the 3D model.....

But I can take pics of mine. What specifically do you need?

Inside or outside the cabinet?

#2748 6 years ago

Here are some photos I took a few months ago.

Gord

P1000581 (resized).JPGP1000581 (resized).JPG
P1000576 (resized).JPGP1000576 (resized).JPG
P1000577 (resized).JPGP1000577 (resized).JPG
P1000579 (resized).JPGP1000579 (resized).JPG
P1000580 (resized).JPGP1000580 (resized).JPG
TFTC_Door_Handle.pdfTFTC_Door_Handle.pdf

#2749 6 years ago

Hey everyone, I need some part buying advice and hoping someone may have some experience with these... Any help is much appreciated!

1.) I'm looking to replace my lockdown assembly, and the manual lists TFTC's assembly as part #500-5020-00, but I cannot find this for purchase on the web, but did find PinballLife's Stern Front Molding Lockdown Bar Receiver Assembly part #500-6881-00 and they list it as compatible with TFTC.

Has anyone ordered this one and did it install properly?

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1285

2.) I looked in the manual for these metal ramp gate posts that the rubber sits on, but couldn't locate them. Surely I'm overlooking it. Anyone know their part numbers and/or where to source them? Perused PBR and some of the usual suspects, but didn't seem to have anything stand out to me.

IMG_5469 (resized).JPGIMG_5469 (resized).JPG

#2750 6 years ago

Thanks for the pics. At the end, i'm not a huge fan of this launcher.. I may move to a customized one. Will update here when i have some time

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 18.95
10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.