Topic Stats

• 3,576 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by fatality83
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,092 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191110_065836 (resized).jpg
20191110_065854 (resized).jpg
tftc final 047 (resized).JPG
tftc final 046 (resized).JPG
tftc final 044 (resized).JPG
tftc final 038 (resized).JPG
tftc final 042 (resized).JPG
tftc final 030 (resized).JPG
tftc final 026 (resized).JPG
tftc final 027 (resized).JPG
tftc final 025 (resized).JPG
tftc final 024 (resized).JPG
tftc final 020 (resized).JPG
tftc final 023 (resized).JPG
tftc final 016 (resized).JPG
tftc final 013 (resized).JPG

There are 3576 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 72.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That last pic. looks pretty rough. You gonna buy some of that matching paint and paint it?

That's pretty much what mine looked like before I used that TFTC paint... I am super happy with the results!

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

That's pretty much what mine looked like before I used that TFTC paint... I am super happy with the results!

i've seen that machine! it's REALLY nice other than those rough scratches on the sides. nothing a quick touch up won't fix.

#203 6 years ago

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Can someone do me a favor and measure the voltage on their gi bulbs in the playfiel? Mine appear a bit dim and only measure in at around 2v not sure if that's normal or not.

Should be 6.3v. Check your backbox connectors.

#205 6 years ago

Want to see a clean game? Never on route! Sorry, too lazy to take the glass off.

I see your clean game and raise you another clean game!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#206 6 years ago

cabinet interior scratches will either be painted or mirror bladed, haven't decided yet, just want to get it playing 100% first, but for the price I paid I still got a hell of a deal.

#207 6 years ago

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

cabinet interior scratches will either be painted or mirror bladed, haven't decided yet, just want to get it playing 100% first, but for the price I paid I still got a hell of a deal.

I hope you'll keep us posted on the restoration as it goes along. My tales is similarly stripped of playfield hardware at the moment and has paint issues as well

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah, you've got to go with the mirrors. It makes it look so much better. It's a tight fit, so be careful. I love them on mine.

Congrats on the pick-up.

#210 6 years ago

Oh my playfield is all good to go no longer stripped just power supply issues. Will keep posted when fixed.

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Yeah, you've got to go with the mirrors. It makes it look so much better. It's a tight fit, so be careful. I love them on mine.
Congrats on the pick-up.

Now if someone was "REALLY" good with a router when the playfield was out they could route out where the blades go. Talk about a "custom" look.

#212 6 years ago

#213 6 years ago

It looks like I'm going to need to replace at least one of my bumper skirts. My machine has white skirts but I was wondering if anyone has experimented with different colors. Marco sells blue, orange and violet. I thought blue, violet or green might look good.

#214 6 years ago

I find Data East bumpers easy to rebuild, like with the flippers. It's just 2 ring screws and 2 base screws. With Williams bumpers don't you have to struggle to make sure the yoke etc. is all lined up?

#215 6 years ago

I'm just getting my feet wet but so far the bumper disassembly seems pretty straightforward. I have another question. Anyone know if any of the parts stores carry the drop targets with the guillotine decals, or just the decals themselves? No luck finding them so far.

#216 6 years ago

I printed my own decals, they look great. Redrew them on my PC.

#217 6 years ago

In case you don't want to make your own.
ebay.com link

#218 6 years ago

Ebay link

Thanks. Suppose I should've checked ebay first. I also came across that alternate translite
ebay.com link

Looks pretty nice.

So far I've taken everything off the playfield, made a list of all the parts needed and given it a good once over with simple green and novus 2. It's starting to come to life. Just trying to decide if I should remove the mylar. That seems a little scary.

1.jpeg image_2.jpeg image.jpeg

#219 6 years ago

Still not as bad as mine was.

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

I'm just getting my feet wet but so far the bumper disassembly seems pretty straightforward. I have another question. Anyone know if any of the parts stores carry the drop targets with the guillotine decals, or just the decals themselves? No luck finding them so far.

Pinball decals seems to have the drop target decals available.

My bumper skirt (top center) has two "bites" out of it as well. When I took it apart and examined it, they almost looked factory? So I just left it as is, as it was functioning good.

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Still not as bad as mine was.

I look at pictures of yours and it looks eerily similar to what is currently parked in my living room

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Pinball decals seems to have the drop target decals available.
My bumper skirt (top center) has two "bites" out of it as well. When I took it apart and examined it, they almost looked factory? So I just left it as is, as it was functioning good.

I was tempted to leave it alone as well, but I figured what the heck, I'm taking apart everything else, why not swap out the skirts as well? I think I'm going to go with either purple or teal skirts. We'll see how it turns out.

Would it be bad form to grab a set of scared stiff flippers and put them on my tales? I like the way the bones look and it fits with the theme.

#223 6 years ago

There's a nice TFTC posted in the Market, good price too.

#224 6 years ago

Will Williams bumper bodies and skirts work in a TFTC? Pinballcenter.eu has color transparent ones for sale. They would make a GREAT mod, the whole assembly would light up not just the caps.

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Will Williams bumper bodies and skirts work in a TFTC? Pinballcenter.eu has color transparent ones for sale. They would make a GREAT mod, the whole assembly would light up not just the caps.

From what I can tell they should fit just fine. That is a good suggestion for a mod. I was toying with translucent flippers as well.

#226 6 years ago

Missed that HUO by a few hours from you as we mentioned before. Ah shucks.

#227 6 years ago

Those flippers would look cool to...especially if you could light them up.

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

Ebay link

That's where I got mine, they look great, and the seller is a good guy too (met him in the past at conventions and such)

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

Would it be bad form to grab a set of Scared Stiff flippers and put them on my tales? I like the way the bones look and it fits with the theme.

Have you seen the flipper "finger" mod that look like the ceeper's fingers -- they match the art perfectly--and I think they look like stock when in -- like they should have always been there.
They are on eBay if you are interested

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Have you seen the flipper "finger" mod that look like the ceeper's fingers -- they match the art perfectly--and I think they look like stock when in -- like they should have always been there.They are on eBay if you are interested

I saw those and, it may just be the photos on ebay but, it kinda looked to me like a piece of plastic glued to the top of the flippers. Does anyone have a few photos (maybe close ups ) of the flipper mod installed?

Nonetheless, the flipper mod will go on my list of potential parts upgrades, along with the pinbits red dmd filter I saw last night.

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

I saw those and, it may just be the photos on ebay but, it kinda looked to me like a piece of plastic glued to the top of the flippers. Does anyone have a few photos (maybe close ups ) of the flipper mod installed?
Nonetheless, the flipper mod will go on my list of potential parts upgrades, along with the pinbits red dmd filter I saw last night.

I bought those for mine and your right they are a flat piece of plastic with printing on them and at $20 they are way overpriced.

#232 6 years ago

Yeah, I think I'm going to go with the Scarred Stiff boney flippers for the lower playfield with maybe red rubber. For the upper flipper I don't think the bones will look right. I was thinking maybe a translucent yellow or green with red rubber. I guess this project is looking less and less like the original machine each day...

#233 6 years ago

TftC is one of my favorite machines. I hope to join the club real soon. If you know of anybody selling one in Texas please PM me. thanks!

#234 6 years ago

If you guys are going to be adding powered mods (5v / 12v) to your game, consider getting a Data East Pinball Power Bundle.

http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=663

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

TftC is one of my favorite machines. I hope to join the club real soon. If you know of anybody selling one in Texas please PM me. thanks!

Not sure where you are in TX, but this one in CO looks nice and is priced okay.

http://www.careyscatering.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=56&idcategory=0

I'm not affiliated in any way with these guys and know nothing about their reliability.

Edit. It looks like this site may no longer be updated.

#236 6 years ago

count me in that was my first complete restore .
see it here... If anyone is interested in decals give me a pm.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-project

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

count me in that was my first complete restore .
see it here... If anyone is interested in decals give me a pm.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-project

Do you have a decal of the crypt keeper artwork on the front of the cabinet? If so, I definitely need one. Some numbskull drilled 2 quarter inch holes right through his face!

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

Yeah, I think I'm going to go with the Scarred Stiff boney flippers for the lower playfield with maybe red rubber. For the upper flipper I don't think the bones will look right. I was thinking maybe a translucent yellow or green with red rubber. I guess this project is looking less and less like the original machine each day...

Hey your modding it and having fun.

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

If you guys are going to be adding powered mods (5v / 12v) to your game, consider getting a Data East Pinball Power Bundle.
http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=663

That looks slick.

#240 6 years ago

Do you have a decal of the crypt keeper artwork on the front of the cabinet? If so, I definitely need one. Some numbskull drilled 2 quarter inch holes right through his face!

Ya I can get one but if you look at mine from the post above I made my crypt keeper a little smaller. the original sized one he has a hole in his head for the extra ball button. I lowered him just enough to ovoid this. If you didn't know you wouldn’t notice.

heres the original
and mine

DSCN2940.jpg 015_(2).jpg

#241 6 years ago

Nice smart mod, looks good.

#242 6 years ago

#243 6 years ago

Hey guys noticed that my TFTC has these green inserts on top of the cabinet head, and something on IPBD about it being early factory model or something, any got more info?

tftc.jpg

#244 6 years ago

They were designed to light the topper. Removed from production to reduce cost.

#245 6 years ago

Are they common?

#246 6 years ago

I don't believe they are, just prototype machines probably. It should also have the fully detailed door knocker.

#247 6 years ago

Tsskinne

Put flashers under there man!

If you don't put a pinbits plastic red DMD filter on it you're cut off from all STL sales too BTW lol.

#248 6 years ago

Anyone have experience with the tftc cabinet paint from pinball universe? I need to do a few touch ups here and there. It's difficult for me to tell how much cabinet fade I have. It's weird, the cabinet doesn't look faded. If anything, the paint looks darker when compared to the relatively undisturbed paint underneath the head brackets.

#249 6 years ago

Don't worry filter in the budget. Blades probably ly too just trying to decide regular or colored. And was thinking of some light for inserts. Anyone here have the inserts and done lighting?

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Don't worry filter in the budget. Blades probably ly too just trying to decide regular or colored. And was thinking of some light for inserts. Anyone here have the inserts and done lighting?

What do you mean "anyone here have the inserts and done lighting". Please explain. Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.50
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 3576 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 72.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside