image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 100.
#2401 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

I've never seen this issue before as it worked perfectly fine with the original dmd! Any thoughts as to what the issue may be? Everything is hooked up correctly.

Curious if it works the same when you install the old DMD? Wonder if something happened when you installed new one. I plan on getting LCD and curious if this will be a potential problem.

#2402 6 years ago

Ok so here is the update I discovered the issue! It's in the 12v power supply. I have an older version of rottendog and I had to switch out jumpers in my 12v to unregulated. Here is a link I found and it works better now although I have a grounding buzz I hear in my speakers that I didn't have before the swap of jumpers but now at least the LCD doesn't go dead anymore during gameplay.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-data-east-power-supply-board-design-issue

#2403 6 years ago

Ditch the original Power Supply, ditch the sub-par Rottendog board and make your pin rock-solid with an Xpin power supply...just ditched my Rottendog, due to what I thought was the root for odd sporadic behavior, for the Xpin....everything is perfect....

#2404 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Ditch the original Power Supply, ditch the sub-par Rottendog board and make your pin rock-solid with an Xpin power supply...just ditched my Rottendog, due to what I thought was the root for odd sporadic behavior, for the Xpin....everything is perfect....

I do like x pin as well I may very well do that soon. The pin already had the rottendog in when I bought it. I use xpin for all my early solid state machines.

#2405 6 years ago

Here is some of my LCD shots I grabbed while playing! I have it on high res. Dots look ok too but I prefer the high res.

IMG_3304 (resized).JPGIMG_3304 (resized).JPG

IMG_3303 (resized).JPGIMG_3303 (resized).JPG

IMG_3306 (resized).JPGIMG_3306 (resized).JPG

IMG_3316 (resized).JPGIMG_3316 (resized).JPG

IMG_3320 (resized).JPGIMG_3320 (resized).JPG

IMG_3322 (resized).JPGIMG_3322 (resized).JPG

IMG_3329 (resized).JPGIMG_3329 (resized).JPG

IMG_3330 (resized).JPGIMG_3330 (resized).JPG

IMG_3335 (resized).JPGIMG_3335 (resized).JPG

IMG_3337 (resized).JPGIMG_3337 (resized).JPG

IMG_3338 (resized).JPGIMG_3338 (resized).JPG

#2406 6 years ago

Can you take a picture of the back side so I can see how it should look installed and what needs to be cut?

#2407 6 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

Can you take a picture of the back side so I can see how it should look installed and what needs to be cut?

Look where the mounting screws are just cut flush only the top needs cut. The bottom doesn't need to be touched. You do not need to cut the bottom center screw as many others have said just back the center metal screw out from the the bottom dmd mounting and you are golden!

IMG_3339 (resized).JPGIMG_3339 (resized).JPG

IMG_3340 (resized).JPGIMG_3340 (resized).JPG

IMG_3342 (resized).JPGIMG_3342 (resized).JPG

IMG_3343 (resized).JPGIMG_3343 (resized).JPG

#2408 6 years ago

thank you mine dosen't fit on the bottom did you have to widen the holes at all? Its hitting probably 2/16 of the plastic.

#2409 6 years ago

oops just read what you said. Hmmm have to figure the bottom out.

#2410 6 years ago

OK got it in but my picture is sitting really high

IMG_20170421_202227759 (resized).jpgIMG_20170421_202227759 (resized).jpg

#2411 6 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

OK got it in but my picture is sitting really high

Adjust the vertical on your menu settings and all is well. It is a very tight fit with the trans light. If you cut the bottom centering guides there is no going back for fitting anything else in there for future purposes. That is why I only cut the top if I need to sell it in the future who knows!

#2412 6 years ago

Thank you first dmd did not know that could be done

#2413 6 years ago

I updated this thread...may help someone....https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-vuk-on-tftc

#2414 6 years ago

Maybe someone can help me. I am not getting the flashing "Play the Organ", "Chainsaw Mode" or "Grave Digger" modes on my machine. Is this a game adjustment? I hit the left ramp to get the right ramp to flash but in ONLY goes to "Living Dead" never to any of the other ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have never seen these 3 jackpot modes!
Thanks

#2415 6 years ago

First question, what ROMs do you have?

#2417 6 years ago

It's likely you have the original ROM's ....I think most in the group would highly recommend going to the new v4.00 Chad H ROM's....I do believe the problem you describe is a bug with the original ROM's in addition...

#2418 6 years ago
Quoted from dalispictures:

Maybe someone can help me. I am not getting the flashing "Play the Organ", "Chainsaw Mode" or "Grave Digger" modes on my machine. Is this a game adjustment? I hit the left ramp to get the right ramp to flash but in ONLY goes to "Living Dead" never to any of the other ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have never seen these 3 jackpot modes!
Thanks

You have to hit the ramp a ton to get to those others. It's like a ladder. The first one to light is living dead, if you shoot the ramp 4 or 5 more times, without starting living dead, it advances to the next one, another 4 or 5 shots to get the third, and another 4 or 5 to get the last one. So you have to shoot the left ramp something like 20 times to get the best fast scoring mode.

#2419 6 years ago
Quoted from dalispictures:

Thanks

Ramp behavior is described in detail near the end of this page:
http://www.pinballcode.com/tftc4

#2420 6 years ago

New TFTC owner here - looking forward to getting it cleaned up.

Where is a good source for the 4.0 ROMs?

Does anyone happen to have a set of plastics they could sell me?

#2421 6 years ago

J

Quoted from Damonator:New TFTC owner here - looking forward to getting it cleaned up.
Where is a good source for the 4.0 ROMs?

John Wart is a popular source...you can email him via Pinside...https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/john-wart-that-pinball-place-for-roms-great-service

#2422 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Does anyone happen to have a set of plastics they could sell me?

Hi Damon,

PM sent.

Gord

P1000495 (resized).JPGP1000495 (resized).JPG

#2423 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Damon,
PM sent.
Gord

Thanks Gord - time for me to get to work!

#2424 6 years ago

I'm also looking for some plastics.

#2425 6 years ago

Finally Installed color dmd LCD last night. The colours really pop. My photos suck but I wanted to upload a few anyways.

IMG_7281.JPGIMG_7281.JPG

IMG_7284.JPGIMG_7284.JPG

IMG_7286.JPGIMG_7286.JPG

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2426 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You have to hit the ramp a ton to get to those others. It's like a ladder. The first one to light is living dead, if you shoot the ramp 4 or 5 more times, without starting living dead, it advances to the next one, another 4 or 5 shots to get the third, and another 4 or 5 to get the last one. So you have to shoot the left ramp something like 20 times to get the best fast scoring mode.

Thanks. yup everything is fine I am just a poor pinball player!!

#2427 6 years ago

Hey guys I wanted to ask what flipper coils you have in your machine. I have 090-5032 /22-1080 coils for all 3 and they are too strong. While I can rip spinners the ball bashes around a lot and it's wrecking my playfield and powder coat. I don't really want to use the soft coil setting because it will reduce power on other coils? I'm open to suggestions though.

#2428 6 years ago

Will the Color DMD work with the updated v4.0 ROM?

#2429 6 years ago
Quoted from cableguy918:

Will the Color DMD work with the updated v4.0 ROM?

You bet it does

#2430 6 years ago

Sweet! Thanks, can't wait to see this in person.

#2431 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Hey guys I wanted to ask what flipper coils you have in your machine. I have 090-5032 /22-1080 coils for all 3 and they are too strong. While I can rip spinners the ball bashes around a lot and it's wrecking my playfield and powder coat. I don't really want to use the soft coil setting because it will reduce power on other coils? I'm open to suggestions though.

I have the 090-5032 on the lower flippers but my upper flipper (contrary to the manual) is a 090-5041...if I remember, that's unique in that they found pretty quickly that the 5032 was way overpowered for the 3rd flipper and the change was done via TSB or what have you....software is set for medium....and I feel the flippers perform perfectly.... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-upper-right-flipper-way-over-powered

#2432 6 years ago

Thanks sonic. I'll pick up that coil. The main problem with the lower flippers is that when the ball strikes the drop targets it absolutely flies off and hits stuff. Sometimes the drops don't even go down. Any tips?

#2433 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Thanks sonic. I'll pick up that coil. The main problem with the lower flippers is that when the ball strikes the drop targets it absolutely flies off and hits stuff. Sometimes the drops don't even go down. Any tips?

I'll say mine hit the drops pretty hard too...what strength do you have it set for now?

#2434 6 years ago

I'll have to check again this eve but I'm pretty sure its default.

2 weeks later
#2435 6 years ago

Here's a neay little mod for you guys. Buy toy eyeballs, stick uv wedge or any color lights inside the eye, hot glue Install boom interactive with ramps and jackpot

20170517_093320 (resized).jpg20170517_093320 (resized).jpg

20170517_093228_008 (resized).jpg20170517_093228_008 (resized).jpg

20170517_093018 (resized).jpg20170517_093018 (resized).jpg

20170517_093014 (resized).jpg20170517_093014 (resized).jpg

#2436 6 years ago

Cool mod for an incomplete area of the game ... So where does one get the eyes?

#2437 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Here's a neay little mod for you guys. Buy toy eyeballs, stick uv wedge or any color lights inside the eye, hot glue Install boom interactive with ramps and jackpot

Looks awesome! Do you have a link to the eyeballs you bought, or did you grab these in person? I only consider mods that don't require major permanent changes to the game.

Nice work!

#2438 6 years ago

Ill try to track down the eyes

#2439 6 years ago

Ill try to track down the eyes

Could you also let me know , where you got your cabinet side art ?

#2440 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Could you also let me know , where you got your cabinet side art ?

It was on the game when i bought it. Ill ask the guy if he knows

#2441 6 years ago

It was on the game when i bought it. Ill ask the guy if he knows

Much appreciated !

#2442 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Much appreciated !

Look at this on eBay ebay.com link: itm

Hey this is kinda close

2 weeks later
#2443 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Cool mod for an incomplete area of the game ... So where does one get the eyes?

Quoted from davebart5:

Looks awesome! Do you have a link to the eyeballs you bought, or did you grab these in person? I only consider mods that don't require major permanent changes to the game.
Nice work!

I found out where you guys can get the eye mod(not mine):

ebay.com link: Demolition Man Pinball Active RGB Eyeball Mod

3 weeks later
#2444 6 years ago

Fitted a new sound board for my tftc sound card.
what a difference.Night and Day to the sound quality .

Any else have problems with the drop target plunger?
I've done every thing with mine and the only way I can get it work 100% is to get rid of the plunger link and replace it with a cable tie

edit-
I fitted a new psu just for the sound card

#2445 6 years ago

My DMD is acting up, while playing screen went completely blank but game would still play and sound worked. Turned it off and back on and it worked but sometimes the DMD would break up a little or appear to cut off with not the full screen or a few lines missing, any ideas for a none tech guy, thanks. I will post pictures if happens again.

#2446 6 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I've done every thing with mine and the only way I can get it work 100% is to get rid of the plunger link and replace it with a cable tie

Was there anything wrong with your old sound board, or did you swap out hoping for an upgrade in sound quality? Which board did you use?

#2447 6 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

What is going on with the plunger? Targets not getting back up? is the link worn?

#2448 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

My DMD is acting up, while playing screen went completely blank but game would still play and sound worked. Turned it off and back on and it worked but sometimes the DMD would break up a little or appear to cut off with not the full screen or a few lines missing, any ideas for a none tech guy, thanks. I will post pictures if happens again.

Does it happen when there's lots of stuff going on? Does it happen when you hit both flippers. Make sure all power cables/connectors are snug. I have seen something similar and it was because the board was not getting enough power. Best way to test is get a multimeter and test the power output to the dmd board. you will have to get your hands dirty. I think it should be getting 12v but I could be wrong. If you don't know how to use a multimeter, you should start because its very useful.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Shelby, NC
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy
Toppers
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.