image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 101.
#2351 7 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I really don't recommend leaving the bare metal post for the balls to bang into.
Cover the metal post with a segment of clear (or colored; they do some colors) plastic air hose used for fishtanks. It's thin and a tight fit over the post but prevents direct contact to the metal. Much smaller than the post rubbers. Also cheap as hell.
RussM

Well then.......here you go...found some translucent plastic tubing - durable and looks OK.....funny how much more noticeable the captive ball shot is now - let alone how much more effective it is in gameplay....

20170331_144400 (resized).jpg20170331_144400 (resized).jpg

#2352 7 years ago

That looks good.

RM

#2353 7 years ago

Yes it looks good do you have a product link for us?

#2354 7 years ago

The balls are from modmypins.com (or other sources) - the one in the pic is a yellow (not to be confused with green or actual glow in the dark) but the tubing, I just had laying around the workbench - no clue where I got it - but it's plastic, not rubber....really anything could work that's thinner than standard post rubber....

#2355 7 years ago

I think that thinner tubing would be worth a try on the right ramp posts, too.

So... I took my own advice and re-sleeved the right ramp posts and the captive ball posts with some green urethane motorcycle gas line I had laying around that was the perfect inside diameter. The fish tank air line looked to be too small in diameter--unless someone has used it and it really does work. I also found green oxygen tank air line at the drug store, but it was in a 25' roll--looked like it might have worked. The thinner post sleeves opened up both shots just enough to make them a touch easier to hit. I'd recommend this mod, both those shots are ridiculously tight (unless you like the challenge of these shots just the way it is).

#2356 7 years ago

I think a captive ball done up to look like an eye-ball would fit in well too!

#2357 7 years ago

Looks like the new color dmd is gonna be TFTC. Can't wait

#2358 7 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I've been waiting for this post! Literally every time I seen a new notification on this thread, I wondered, is that the one stating color is here?!?!

This is great news. Will be ordering mine as soon as it's official!

#2359 7 years ago

Double post on accident... doh!

#2360 7 years ago

Hells yeah!

#2361 7 years ago

Can't wait either mine has been sigma installed for 2 years! Not holding my breath, so many other titles to do! However sure it's going to be great when it happens! Best animations ever!

#2362 7 years ago

But will it be the old code or the 4.0? Or does that not matter?

#2363 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

But will it be the old code or the 4.0? Or does that not matter?

Ahhh sh*t... good question. Hope this don't burst my color bubble.

#2364 7 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Ahhh sh*t... good question. Hope this don't burst my color bubble.

It's official and Chad's 4.0 is supposed to work

#2365 7 years ago

Order placed....can't wait!

#2366 7 years ago

Was fortunate enough to be a beta tester with this release! The animations with the enhanced Color is nothing other than amazing with this colourization!
Order before they are out of stock!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2367 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Was fortunate enough to be a beta tester with this release! The animations with the enhanced Color is nothing other than amazing with this colourization!
Order before they are out of stock!

Awesome! Looks great. There's only one option here, and that's the LED version right?

Just ordered mine.

#2368 7 years ago

Led looks better than LCD in my opinion. Much better color and gives it a new old look

#2369 7 years ago

Led looks better than LCD in my opinion.

Life is beautiful when you have choice... I'm the opposite prefer the LCD .... Dots be gone! I've had both

#2370 7 years ago

Led looks better than LCD in my opinion. Much better color and gives it a new old look

Ok, good, cause I only saw TFTC available to buy under the LED section.

Also, fingers crossed this takes care of my slight hum... as previously mentioned, I had floated my sound board months ago with my original speakers and the hum decreased a lot, I then bought new data East compatible replacement speakers at the York show last year, installed them, and the hum came back to full strength. Weird.

I'm actually not super impressed with the new speakers I got and going to put my old ones back in. I honestly think the cryptkeeper sounds clearer with the originals.

Hopefully with new DMD, floated sound board and the original speakers it'll be gone...

#2371 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Life is beautiful when you have choice... I'm the opposite prefer the LCD .... Dots be gone! I've had both

But is LCD an option with TFTC? I only saw it available in LED when purchasing.

I too like the smooth lines of the LCD, I think, not totally educated on it all but just going off of what I've seen on other pins.

#2372 7 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

But is LCD an option with TFTC? I only saw it available

It's doable... Because of the size of the LCD size the speaker panel must be modified ... It's a simple trimming of the translite ledge ... Again cannot say enough positive things about the color on this game, we all know the animation is fantastic. Hard to play now because you tend to want to watch your display! The jackpot sequence is amazing !

#2373 7 years ago

Probably the same trimming needed for the TOMMY install. There is a mounting document on the ColorDMD site for TOMMY LCD installation if you want to check it out.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

It's doable... Because of the size of the LCD size the speaker panel must be modified ... It's a simple trimming of the translite ledge ... Again cannot say enough positive things about the color on this game, we all know the animation is fantastic. Hard to play now because you tend to want to watch your display! The jackpot sequence is amazing !

#2374 7 years ago

Spend the extra 30 bucks and get LCD. You have the option of making it dots/XL dots, etc

#2375 7 years ago

I'm intrigued enough to cancel my LED order and look into LCD, but as of right now, it's not an option on the website to buy TFTC LCD. I'll email color DMD and see if they can refund me while the option becomes available.

I am worried about the translate trim down/speaker panel mod, but will look at the install guide to see how it's done.

#2376 7 years ago

I'm gonna wait for LCD as its much better in terms of choices of types of display. So I have to trim a little bit of speaker plastic, big whoop. Why would you pay 30 bucks less and have only one option. You won't be disappointed with LCD and once you see Scan or Hi Res mode you won't want dots.

#2377 7 years ago

I was also a beta tester. I installed a LCD in mine. You have to cut off the top lip of the area 15" wide we're the LCD needs to be installed so it fits flush and close enough to the screen. But with the LCD the smooth option looks amazing!

IMG_0064 (resized).JPGIMG_0064 (resized).JPG

#2378 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I was also a beta tester. I installed a LCD in mine. You have to cut off the top lip of the area 15" wide we're the LCD needs to be installed so it fits flush and close enough to the screen. But with the LCD the smooth option looks amazing!

Remind me, does the trimming occur behind the panel where you can't see it, or is there any part of the modification that is visible when playing the game?

I looked but couldn't find the TOMMY mod doc for the LCD.

I ordered the LED, but man I really like the smooth look of the LCD.

#2379 7 years ago

Just so everybody doesn't drive Randy crazy at ColorDMD ...
As stated by "dannunz" 15inches to be trimmed so that the LCD can fit in behind ! It's not hard to complete the trim (I used a Dremmel) and doesn't affect the support of the translite.
Just so that you are aware you cannot open the light board to gain access to your boards without laying down the speaker panel.
IMO it's a fair trade off ... The LCD has more flexibility for the user to choose the way the game animations are displayed!

#2380 7 years ago

DE Tommy, TFTC, JP, etc LCD install instructions:
http://www.colordmd.com/ColorDMD%20Installation%20Instructions%20for%20Data%20East%20Rev6.PDF

Quoted from davebart5:

Remind me, does the trimming occur behind the panel where you can't see it, or is there any part of the modification that is visible when playing the game?
I looked but couldn't find the TOMMY mod doc for the LCD.
I ordered the LED, but man I really like the smooth look of the LCD.

1 week later
#2381 7 years ago

Got my color dmd installed and all I can say is it looks great, bright and really updates the game for almost being 25 years old

#2382 7 years ago

Got my color dmd installed

LCD or LED ..?
Pictures please , have the LCD would like to see the LED

#2383 7 years ago

I'll snap some pics...I have the LED - I prefer it over the LCD....but that's just me...it's cheaper, lighter, smaller - but still has a retro look in some ways to it....

#2384 7 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I'll snap some pics...I have the LED - I prefer it over the LCD....but that's just me...it's cheaper, lighter, smaller - but still has a retro look in some ways to it....

There was no hidden agenda re your choice of DMD ... Have had both all good ... Looking forward to the LED pictures as when I had mine the ColorDMD for TFTC was not out yet and mine was straight blue!

#2385 7 years ago

Would love to see how the lady spewing vomit looks in color!

#2386 7 years ago
Quoted from Vinosky:

"Vomitous," I am sure!

#2387 7 years ago
Quoted from Vinosky:

Ah, it would definitely be technicolor yawn, very nice indeed.

Gord

#2388 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

LCD or LED ..?
Pictures please , have the LCD would like to see the LED

Led ill snap pics asap

#2389 7 years ago

I went with LED due to it being the original technology used in the game, but with a little twist of color. LCD looks amazing too, and I liked the LCD DMD's in nearly every game I've seen them used. Either one you can't go wrong, and trust me, this really adds to the experience of the game for you and anyone in the vicinity watching. There are so many graphics I never realized what was really happening until now with full color and depth.

Here are shots I had on my phone. Sadly, I don't have the vomit sequence, and I'm not home at the moment. If someone could do the honors on that piece that would be awesome.

It really looks even more amazing in person, and I notice here my green ramp spotlights are washing out the images a little in the photos. In person, it's crystal clear and instills the fear...

FullSizeRender (4) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (4) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (2) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (2) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (12) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (12) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (9) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (9) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (11) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (11) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (10) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (10) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (8) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (8) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (7) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (7) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (3) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (3) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (5) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (5) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (1) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (1) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (2) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (2) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (4) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (4) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (1) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (1) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (13) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (13) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (10) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (10) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (12) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (12) (resized).jpgIMG_2822 (resized).JPGIMG_2822 (resized).JPGFullSizeRender (9) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (9) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (5) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (5) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (6) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (6) (resized).jpgIMG_2853 (resized).JPGIMG_2853 (resized).JPGIMG_2840 (resized).JPGIMG_2840 (resized).JPGFullSizeRender (8) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (8) (resized).jpgIMG_2846 (resized).JPGIMG_2846 (resized).JPGFullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (3) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (3) (resized).jpg

FullSizeRender (7) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (7) (resized).jpg

IMG_2818 (resized).JPGIMG_2818 (resized).JPG

FullSizeRender (11) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (11) (resized).jpg

FullSizeRender (14) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (14) (resized).jpg

FullSizeRender (6) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (6) (resized).jpg

#2390 7 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find a clear Data East DMD panel cover? Everything I see online is colored. My game came to me with a red cover on, which looked great until I got the color DMD. Now my new color DMD is basically exposed with no protection and I'd feel better having one on.

Any suggestions is much appreciated!

#2391 7 years ago

Pinbits had them I just got one in the mail from them yesterday for the same reason! I see they are sold out at the moment: email them maybe they have more on the way!

#2392 7 years ago

Thanks for posting pics Dave - I couldn't get anyone to man the camera whilst I played...but those pics sum it up - and like we talked about - I agree in that I had no idea what some of the graphics/animations were doing until now....it does make it fun while watching or waiting for your turn...

#2393 7 years ago

My DMD (LCD) should be showing up tomorrow. Can someone with the LCD post pictures of the top of the translight edge? I want to get a idea of what I need to cut. I couldn't glean much from the pictures posted already.

#2394 7 years ago

Impressive the LED looks great in colour ..does stay more true to orginal .... Still like the versitility of the LCD

#2395 7 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Does anyone know where I can find a clear Data East DMD panel cover?

Bay Amusements had some !

#2396 7 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Pinbits had them I just got one in the mail from them yesterday for the same reason! I see they are sold out at the moment: email them maybe they have more on the way!

Yeah, must have just sold out. I'll keep an eye on them for sure.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Bay Amusements had some !

They must have just sold out as well. All they have is Stern covers at the moment from what I saw.

Looks like I'll just have to patiently wait and keep checking... If anyone sees any, please drop a line here! Would love to grab one ASAP. If not, fingers crossed I can find one at Pinfest in a few short weeks.

#2397 7 years ago

Installed the Color DMD tonight. It looks good, but it wasn't an easy install with the LCD. I ended up having to drill new mounting holes in the LCD bracket, as well as dremel that large chunk of my material off. I need better cut off wheels. Does anyone else have a lot of glare on their DMD?

#2398 6 years ago

I have the LCD in my Tommy (very similar). No glare at all on the DMD. Do you have some upgraded lighting in the backpanel that is getting the reflection?

Quoted from Gorno:

Installed the Color DMD tonight. It looks good, but it wasn't an easy install with the LCD. I ended up having to drill new mounting holes in the LCD bracket, as well as dremel that large chunk of my material off. I need better cut off wheels. Does anyone else have a lot of glare on their DMD?

#2399 6 years ago

Invase anyone didn't see the video they put up on YouTube a couple of days back (it's not on their website as of yet though) for the TFTC color DMD.

#2400 6 years ago

Hey guys quick question! I just installed the sigma LCD and got it up and running in my crypt. I play about 2 minutes into my game and the sound fades out for a moment and the LCD screen shuts off completely then the sound comes back on and the game gets wonky. This always happens with multiball when the shaker motor kicks in and the balls are being spit out. Is this possibly a power consumption issue? I have a new powerboard but this has never been an issue until I plugged the LCD in which comes with an adaptor plug for c6 on the power supply. Frustrating! I turn the machine off and back on again and it does the same thing a few minutes into a game as soon as I get multiball. I've never seen this issue before as it worked perfectly fine with the original dmd! Any thoughts as to what the issue may be? Everything is hooked up correctly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/48?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.