image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 101.
#2301 7 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Dave, I am in the same spot, need to take some real time to add some of that liquid wood to fix the current damage.
On your question about the score/status check, I believe you can hold down the right flipper button and get the scores/status while you are waiting to launch the ball, no?

Hey Boat, thanks for the suggestion. I fired up the game just now and tried it again, held the right flipper during the skill shot animation, and the only thing I can get to come up is the 'Instant Info' of Replay at XXXXPoints, bonus amount, and then it runs through the top 6 scorers and cycles through that again and again...

#2302 7 years ago

Has been awhile since I posted so forgive me if this is in the wrong place. Am having an issue with my TFTC. During play it will randomly eject balls into the shooter lane, sometimes 2 or more at a time will stack in there, and then it will auto fire them. The extra ball light stays lit also, the one right in between the flippers, for almost the entire game. Any ideas on what I should check or replace? Thanks!

#2303 7 years ago
Quoted from Zombreebot:

Has been awhile since I posted so forgive me if this is in the wrong place. Am having an issue with my TFTC. During play it will randomly eject balls into the shooter lane, sometimes 2 or more at a time will stack in there, and then it will auto fire them. The extra ball light stays lit also, the one right in between the flippers, for almost the entire game. Any ideas on what I should check or replace? Thanks!

Sounds like a trough switch is showing to many balls. Also your chopping captive ball switch could be stuck. It puts balls into play and gives extra balls. Have you ran a switch test

2 weeks later
#2304 7 years ago

Hello I just got a tftc about a week ago. I replaced all 7 switches in the ball trough the 6 rollers and the one next to the up kicker. All seven of them are strong as hell in fact they are too strong the weight of the ball rolling into the tray isn't enough to depress all seven of the switches is there any way to smooth these new switches out to operate more smoothly? I love this game I don't want to have to shake the hell out of it every time the ball drains just to register the trough. I have to physically move the vuk to kick it in to the launch at times and I have them adjusted as close as possible to work I thought anyway. The springy tension of the switch legs seem way too strong

#2305 7 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Hello I just got a tftc about a week ago. I replaced all 7 switches in the ball trough the 6 rollers and the one next to the up kicker. All seven of them are strong as hell in fact they are too strong the weight of the ball rolling into the tray isn't enough to depress all seven of the switches is there any way to smooth these new switches out to operate more smoothly? I love this game I don't want to have to shake the hell out of it every time the ball drains just to register the trough. I have to physically move the vuk to kick it in to the launch at times and I have them adjusted as close as possible to work I thought anyway. The springy tension of the switch legs seem way too strong

order the correct switches!
all switches are not created equal !!

#2306 7 years ago

I bought the correct vuk switch from Marco switch #7 for the vuk in the trough matched to the parts manual. I did use radio shack roller micros in the other 6 as others have before me I guess my luck was terrible at both ends.

Quoted from urbanledge:order the correct switches!
all switches are not created equal !!

#2307 7 years ago

Has anyone ever purchased and applied the black decals for your TFTC?

I think the 'all black' would look real slick on this game, but I'm curious on the quality of the product that's out there.

Anyone have any pics of a TFTC with these on?

IMG_2443 (resized).PNGIMG_2443 (resized).PNG

#2308 7 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Has anyone ever purchased

I have them and the quality is good, however my cabinet is going to be completely overhauled this summer. No time last year!

#2309 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I have them and the quality is good, however my cabinet is going to be completely overhauled this summer. No time last year!

Awesome. I was hoping to hear that. Do you mid sharing where you bought them?

#2310 7 years ago

Pinballshop.de out of Germany....

#2311 7 years ago

Try retro refurb he does great stuff for good prices

#2312 7 years ago

Nice! Retro Refurb looks great and they also have red. I bet any color will look awesome and I'd love to see someone's machine with either the red or black applied.

Thanks for the suggestions thus far!

#2313 7 years ago

Anyone know if there is still stock of the full set of plastics for TFTC anywhere? I almost bought a set from Marco's the other week but got distracted by another project. Now they are out of stock.

I'm doing a playfield swap on mine, and thought I may as well swap out all the plastics while I'm at it...

Cheers

Cris

#2314 7 years ago
Quoted from CrisUK:

Anyone know if there is still stock of the full set of plastics for TFTC anywhere? I almost bought a set from Marco's the other week but got distracted by another project. Now they are out of stock.
I'm doing a playfield swap on mine, and thought I may as well swap out all the plastics while I'm at it...
Cheers
Cris

Here is a new TFTC plastic set on Ebay.

ebay.com link: NEW SEALED 1993 DATA EAST TALES FROM THE CRYPT PINBALL PLAYFIELD PLASTIC SET

Here is a new TFTC plastic set from the Pinball Center in Germany.

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/plastics/7525/plastic-set-for-tales-from-the-crypt?c=2162

Gord

#2315 7 years ago

Hello kiddies! I need some help.

The shooter lane gate was getting stuck open and balls were dropping back into the lane.
I lubed the lane gate and now it seems too loose and the ball is getting stuck on the gate. Any advice? Maybe less lube to find the sweet spot?

IMG_6246 (resized).JPGIMG_6246 (resized).JPG

#2316 7 years ago

Does anyone here also read the original EC Comics?

#2317 7 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

The shooter lane gate was getting stuck open and balls were dropping back into the lane.
I lubed the lane gate and now it seems too loose and the ball is getting stuck on the gate. Any advice? Maybe less lube to find the sweet spot?

Is your TFTC properly leveled?

Gord

#2318 7 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Is your JP properly leveled?
Gord

I don't think so come to think of it. Thank you for the suggestion

#2319 7 years ago

Oh hell yeah I read ec comics they are awesome though I get a little tried of the romance stories but most are great!

#2320 7 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Let's see some LEDS and mods!!

Two questions:
1) are those apron cards lit up?
2) is that the book from the Halloween crypt keeper that holds a candle? If so, how did you mount it? I would love to see more pics of it!

#2321 7 years ago

It looks like the gate is too low or positioned before the posts. The gate should be out more , even with or slightly ahead of the posts to prevent ball hang ups. If you rest a ball on the gate it should roll to the left over the post and not hang up.

Quoted from Boat:

#2322 7 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Two questions:
1) are those apron cards lit up?
2) is that the book from the Halloween crypt keeper that holds a candle? If so, how did you mount it? I would love to see more pics of it!

Yea the cards are lit up you can. Get then at pinball center. I'll get more pictures soon

#2323 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It looks like the gate is too low or positioned before the posts. The gate should be out more , even with or slightly ahead of the posts to prevent ball hang ups. If you rest a ball on the gate it should roll to the left over the post and not hang up.

Thanks, I'm am out of town his weekend but I'll take a look and make some suggestions and get back to you boys and ghouls

#2324 7 years ago

Can someone help me out and take some HQ photos of their playfield, I need to repair some damaged inserts? I want to make slide decals. Please PM me if you can help me out and I'll indicate which ones I need (I need the witches, a few around the crypt wheel, and few others) Thanks

#2325 7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions GRB1959 and luvthatapex2 ! I checked the levelling and it was good. The gate was sitting pretty far back so I bent it forward and no more ball stuck!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2326 7 years ago

I want to increase the power to my flippers on TFTC. Can anyone recommend the most powerful coils that are compatible with TFTC? I play my Ghostbusters with really powerful flippers and then I play my TFTC and they feel way under powered. I like my games set with a steep pitch and I want it to play fast and clear both ramps with ease. Any suggestions appreciated

#2327 7 years ago

Let's see some LEDS and mods!!

How can you even see the ball when it's in the upper half of the playfield? The glare from all the backbox LEDs and the speaker LEDs is off the charts. I remember getting my TFTC and the prior owner had put all bright white LEDs in the backbox and the glare prevented me from even seeing the ball when it was up in the pops.

#2328 7 years ago

Stock coils are more than powerful enough. If yours are not, check the mechs, sleeves, and if all else fails, replace with stock coils. check the manual. All of the 90s Data East games had really strong flipper coils.

Quoted from pinmister:

I want to increase the power to my flippers on TFTC. Can anyone recommend the most powerful coils that are compatible with TFTC? I play my Ghostbusters with really powerful flippers and then I play my TFTC and they feel way under powered. I like my games set with a steep pitch and I want it to play fast and clear both ramps with ease. Any suggestions appreciated

#2329 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Stock coils are more than powerful enough. If yours are not, check the mechs, sleeves, and if all else fails, replace with stock coils. check the manual. All of the 90s Data East games had really strong flipper coils.

Agreed. My TFTC flippers are almost too powerful. I was even considering finding a way to slightly reduce the strength. Every time I miss the scoop and hit the edge of the metal guard that sits above and behind it, I feel it can't be good for the ball. Even when I hit the drops I feel like it's so fast and hard I'm just waiting for broken pieces to fly one of these days. Both of those events make me cringe every time.

Quoted from PoMC:

How can you even see the ball when it's in the upper half of the playfield? The glare from all the backbox LEDs and the speaker LEDs is off the charts

Also agreed. I tried putting LED's in my backbox to match the rest of my game, but I just can't get past the glare. It's so bad and as you said 1/3 of the PF is non-visible. For now I have incandescent bulbs in the head until I decide how I want to achieve it without compromising the view. I know there's glare guards but those are mostly made for the DMD glare, no?

#2330 7 years ago

I generally use the Comet 4SMD in all my games! My preference is bright, when photographing these do not fair well for pictures!
My pins are located in a very well lit area and I compensate using bright bulbs!

#2331 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

How can you even see the ball when it's in the upper half of the playfield? The glare from all the backbox LEDs and the speaker LEDs is off the charts. I remember getting my TFTC and the prior owner had put all bright white LEDs in the backbox and the glare prevented me from even seeing the ball when it was up in the pops.

You'd have to see it in person. Pictures make it worse. Absolutely no issues nor has anyone every complained. Leds aren't for everyone

#2332 7 years ago

Guarantee you can't track the ball up in the top playfield. I see the glare of the backglass shining bright on the playfield glass. Tftc has the worst glare when using backbox leds out of any game I've owned.

#2334 7 years ago

Picked her up last month updated with Purple LED strip in rear. It gets the most play out of all the games, will update with new Chad code next. Found an old candelabra for the topper.

20170304_191701 (resized).jpg20170304_191701 (resized).jpg

#2335 7 years ago

Take about half the bulbs out of the backbox, there are way too many bulbs in there--looks much better with them removed.

#2336 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Take about half the bulbs out of the backbox, there are way too many bulbs in there--looks much better with them removed.

That's what I did.

2 weeks later
#2337 7 years ago

Joining the club!
Some work to be done on it...but soon....I hope!

IMG_0906 (resized).JPGIMG_0906 (resized).JPG

#2338 7 years ago

What's up TFTC folks, I'm in the market for my next game and have an opportunity to purchase a really nice TFTC that isn't local but from a reputable seller that I've done business with. The problem is I've actually never played a TFTC so I'm just going off of a lot of reviews, YouTube vids, and my love of the theme.

The machine I'm looking at is supposed to be in excellent condition (I'll get pics soon) and includes the topper and fully intact door bell, and full LEDs.

I've never owned a DE machine but there seems to be a consensus that TFTC is the best. I current own a TZ and an MMr and just sold my STTNG. I'll definitely install the chad 4.0 roms if it doesn't already have it.

Any must have mods? I've read that the right ramp is awesome but is a really tough/tight shot: have people experiment with thinner posts at the entrance or is it not that tough?

Anyone install the pinsound board...thoughts?

Thanks!

#2339 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

What's up TFTC folks, I'm in the market for my next game and have an opportunity to purchase a really nice TFTC that isn't local but from a reputable seller

You will not be sorry , great game 4.0 is a must !

#2340 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Any must have mods?

Well you asked. I sell my LED Leg Light-Ups that work on any game. If your interested PM me.

#2341 7 years ago

The right ramp shot is one of the toughest in pinball to hit with any regularity. I'm open to suggestions to make this easier...

#2342 7 years ago

Sounds like a trough switch is showing to many balls. Also your chopping captive ball switch could be stuck. It puts balls into play and gives extra balls. Have you ran a switch test

Thank you - did not know about the captive ball switch giving extra balls. I will check that!

#2343 7 years ago

I always wanted a TZ next to my TFTC as they work well together. Only other possible best DE pin is GNR.

#2344 7 years ago

Took the advice of other Crypters here in the group and put a glo-ball (colored or actual glow-in the dark - doesn't matter) in place of the regular pinball in the captive ball section (as it's a score lighter) and removed the left post rubber ( I left the right post rubber on, for now)....a simple tweak to make an incredibly difficult - yet very rewarding shot - reasonable....a must do 'mod'....

#2345 7 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Took the advice of other Crypters here in the group and put a glo-ball (colored or actual glow-in the dark - doesn't matter) in place of the regular pinball in the captive ball section (as it's a score lighter) and removed the left post rubber ( I left the right post rubber on, for now)....a simple tweak to make an incredibly difficult - yet very rewarding shot - reasonable....a must do 'mod'....

Hmmm...I must have missed the "left post removal" memo--sounds like a good idea! A pic?

#2346 7 years ago

Excuse the crap pic ( I left the glass on) but you get the idea...a friend had a spare yellow - but green or orange might look better perhaps...anyway - I removed the left rubber to let the ball present itself (as Cartman would say) better, but kept the right on because it is more so into the field of play....i may remove the right one too, but for now - much improved....these balls are lighter, but still have some good mass to them - and since they wear quick - putting them in a captive ball situation makes sense.

20170330_171657 (resized).jpg20170330_171657 (resized).jpg

#2347 7 years ago

2 balls in there is also a good "mod"

#2348 7 years ago

Thanks for the photo, now I get the idea. I also have two captive glo-balls.

#2349 7 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Excuse the crap pic ( I left the glass on) but you get the idea...a friend had a spare yellow - but green or orange might look better perhaps...anyway - I removed the left rubber to let the ball present itself (as Cartman would say) better, but kept the right on because it is more so into the field of play....i may remove the right one too, but for now - much improved....these balls are lighter, but still have some good mass to them - and since they wear quick - putting them in a captive ball situation makes sense.

I really don't recommend leaving the bare metal post for the balls to bang into.

Cover the metal post with a segment of clear (or colored; they do some colors) plastic air hose used for fishtanks. It's thin and a tight fit over the post but prevents direct contact to the metal. Much smaller than the post rubbers. Also cheap as hell.

RussM

#2350 7 years ago

When I had my TFTC I put these colored skinny post rubbers on the game. They look great, are thinner than stock and are super easy to clean with a wet rag.

http://passionforpinball.com/colorsleeves.htm

Quoted from RussMyers:

I really don't recommend leaving the bare metal post for the balls to bang into.
Cover the metal post with a segment of clear (or colored; they do some colors) plastic air hose used for fishtanks. It's thin and a tight fit over the post but prevents direct contact to the metal. Much smaller than the post rubbers. Also cheap as hell.
RussM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 210.00
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/47?hl=dahlman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.