By E_N_3

4 years ago

Stats

• 2,580 posts
  • 211 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by davebart5
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 730 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3892.JPG
IMG_3893.JPG
WhatsApp Image 2017-10-12 at 14.04.20 (resized).jpeg
P1000079 (resized).JPG
IMG_20171010_1621334.jpg
IMG-20171007-WA0012 (resized).jpg
TFTC_Plastic (resized).jpg
IMG-20171007-WA0015 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).JPG
IMG_1727 (resized).JPG
DSC07964.JPG
DSC07969.JPG
DSC07986.JPG
DSC07992.JPG
DSC07925.JPG
DSC07979.JPG

There are 2580 posts in topic. You are on page 46 of 52.
#2251 11 months ago

Always found the playfield backboard to be very dark ... Added 26 LED natural white light strips ...

image (resized).jpeg

#2252 11 months ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Did my own. Light scoop mod

Can tell me where you purchased the cabinet side art?

1 week later
#2253 10 months ago

Holy Deadlock! This thread needs some action.

#2254 10 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Always found the playfield backboard to be very dark ... Added 26 LED natural white light strips ...

Looks great! Adding to my "TFTC to-do" list.

#2255 10 months ago

Lol, sevenrights.. I agree! so on occasion good powerful shots to the middle spinner will hop out before sinking under and over into the right orbit. Pretty frustrating when you are going for the multiball or extra ball. I was thinking about covering the area with clear plastic or something . Any one have similar thoughts? Also.. just general mods to smooth out gameplay. I added a bunch of layers of electrical tape on top of my tombstone because the ball would get stuck on top of it when it's down.

Mods like that.

IMG_5771 (resized).JPG

#2256 10 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

so on occasion good powerful shots to the middle spinner will hop out before sinking under and over into the right orbit.

Yikes... Your flippers must be supercharged! I've never experienced an issue with the ball hopping out of there. Maybe some thin foam tape on the metal guide rail just past the spinner as it loops around to the hole will help deaden it and get it to drop in easier?

Quoted from Boat:

I added a bunch of layers of electrical tape on top of my tombstone because the ball would get stuck on top of it when it's down.

The height of the top of the tombstone can be adjusted, mine needs to raise a hair itself because a very slow rolling ball will get caught there from time to time. I just haven't gone in and made the adjustment yet.

#2257 10 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Yikes... Your flippers must be supercharged! I've never experienced an issue with the ball hopping out of there. Maybe some thin foam tape on the metal guide rail just past the spinner as it loops around to the hole will help deaden it and get it to drop in easier?

Haha - this only started happening after 2 coats of wax! Good suggestion with the foam. Thanks!

Quoted from sevenrites:

The height of the top of the tombstone can be adjusted, mine needs to raise a hair itself because a very slow rolling ball will get caught there from time to time. I just haven't gone in and made the adjustment yet.

I didn't know this. I will try that. Thanks again.

One of my guillotine targets snapped last week so I will be trying some thicker foam on the back of that. I also lubed the spinners with silicone and they are working insanely good.

#2258 10 months ago

Double post

#2259 10 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

I also lubed the spinners with silicone and they are working insanely good.

My spinners occasionally stick when the ball tries to fly through. What I mean is, the spinner will stop on a half spin and sort of block the ball from traveling through it, and make it come back down the lane. It's something I see on even some newer pins, so maybe it's just the natural way spinners work, sometimes they spin and sometimes they stop, but is this what you're referencing fixing when adding the silicone lube?

#2260 10 months ago
Quoted from davebart5:

adding the silicone lube?

The Teflon lube works wonders as well!

#2261 10 months ago
Quoted from davebart5:

My spinners occasionally stick when the ball tries to fly through. What I mean is, the spinner will stop on a half spin and sort of block the ball from traveling through it, and make it come back down the lane. It's something I see on even some newer pins, so maybe it's just the natural way spinners work, sometimes they spin and sometimes they stop, but is this what you're referencing fixing when adding the silicone lube?

I'm not sure if I have seen that. There are times when your shot ins't fully aligned and it will rattle through, slow down, and come back out. I will take a close look when that happens. But that still happens after the lube.

The spinners were just slow and I never could complete Frightmare. As soon as I was finished lube, it takes 1-2 full orbits or 2-3 spinner shots.

#2262 10 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

I'm not sure if I have seen that. There are times when your shot ins't fully aligned and it will rattle through, slow down, and come back out. I will take a close look when that happens. But that still happens after the lube.
The spinners were just slow and I never could complete Frightmare. As soon as I was finished lube, it takes 1-2 full orbits or 2-3 spinner shots.

Gotcha, so you're lubing to help increase spins to finish Frightmare. Makes sense. Frightmare is one of the toughest to complete, I think that and Psycho Pops are the two hardest to complete. I'll have to give mine a little lube too.

#2263 10 months ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Gotcha, so you're lubing to help increase spins to finish Frightmare. Makes sense. Frightmare is one of the toughest to complete, I think that and Psycho Pops are the two hardest to complete. I'll have to give mine a little lube too.

Do it, you wont regret it. With about 1500 plays ive only seen Psycho pops complete probably 5 times TOPS. Cleaning the contacts with a business card helped a little but my next steps were to likely replace them with williams bumpers as they are more lively IIRC

#2264 10 months ago

I had issues with my pop bumpers as well , cleaned the contacts and changed the spoons to Williams/Bally style(more shallow)
Much better response now!

#2265 10 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I had issues with my pop bumpers as well , cleaned the contacts and changed the spoons to Williams/Bally style(more shallow)
Much better response now!

Do you have a part #/ link? Was it a quick swap?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-921

#2266 10 months ago

Something I stumbled upon that will help you get to Crypt Jam. CJ is a very cool multiball/wizard mode, if you have not been able to get there--try this. Set any awards to "credit". Once the game is over, if you have done something to earn a credit you can continue your game. Keep racking up points and hitting modes and before you know it--Crypt Jam! It might take two or three games to get there, but at least it is achievable.

#2267 10 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

Do you have a part #/ link? Was it a quick swap?

That's the correct link ... Took about 20 minutes for all three, cleaned contact points while apart! You will notice a great difference! Still not as strong as my JP but much better!

#2268 10 months ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Something I stumbled upon that will help you get to Crypt Jam. CJ is a very cool multiball/wizard mode, if you have not been able to get there--try this. Set any awards to "credit". Once the game is over, if you have done something to earn a credit you can continue your game. Keep racking up points and hitting modes and before you know it--Crypt Jam! It might take two or three games to get there, but at least it is achievable.

Nice find will have to try this , have had my game for 2 years and haven't
Completed a full round of modes!
Thanks for the tip

#2269 10 months ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Set any awards to "credit".

If you really want an advantage, I'd set the awards to extra ball, then you can earn them for passing replay & other things and keep the existing game going longer versus playing new games over and over till you get there. Also for Crypt Jam, just focus on that only, getting through all the modes, you don't even need to complete them, just activate them, ignore multi ball and you should get there quicker. I can't get there every game but every 5-10 games I usually make it. And that's with it currently on factory settings.

#2270 10 months ago

That is how I had my game set up was for extra ball awards, and rarely (once, twice?) made it to CJ. I accidentally set it to "credit" and found CJ to be obtainable after a couple of good games. Maybe not totally sporting, but at least I have hope of hitting Crypt Jam if I really want to.

#2271 10 months ago

Hmm, that's interesting. I would think it would be easier to get there with extra ball awards. Maybe you just got a lot better all of a sudden? Either way, congrats. Crypt Jam is always fun. I really enjoy how you have to work through all of the elements of the game with each mode, forcing the player to focus on spinners, pops, ramps, drop targets, etc. so that aspect plus lighting all the inserts and completing all those modes to get there is a big motivator. And once I'm there I love just going for spinners, seems to be the easiest way to rack up big Crypt Jam points.

On that note, I've noticed I can only get about 1/2 way to my previous high scores now that I'm on the ChadH 4.0 code. I like his code better, it seems more balanced, but more difficult to score as big.

#2272 10 months ago

Thanks for the kind thought SR, but I still suck! I also really like the new code, but you are right, it is much harder to get high scores. At least now I can get to CJ with the "credit" cheat--I'll use your spinner trick the next time I get there.

#2273 10 months ago

keeper2 (resized).jpg

#2274 10 months ago

Somebody needs to take the Metallica pin and make it the upgraded version if TFTC.

#2275 10 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Can tell me where you purchased the cabinet side art?

It was on the game when I bought it

#2276 10 months ago

Can anyone send me scan/images/gifs of the drop target decals? I want to make my own stickers. I pm'd @crash just now but I'm antsy and I want to make this a project tonight . TIA

#2277 10 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

Can anyone send me scan/images/gifs of the drop target decals? I want to make my own stickers. I pm'd crash just now but I'm antsy and I want to make this a project tonight . TIA

Here you go.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140469729@N02/32355282686/in/dateposted-public/

Gord

TFTC (resized).png

#2278 10 months ago

Crash got back to me too!Prototype looks good ! Thanks!

IMG_5916 (resized).JPG

#2280 10 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

The additional light on the back artwork looks great! Can you link to where you got them from, and any install info you may be able to share for what you did on your install on your TFTC?

Btw...I like how you put the crypt keeper, which was part of the topper that came with the remake plastics if I'm not mistaken, on the ramp entrance. How did you go about getting it to stay on there?

#2281 10 months ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

I'm not mistaken, on the ramp entrance. How did you go about getting it to stay on there?

Thanks ... Will attach pics for install, busy with work and frustrated with getting an America's Most Haunted shipped from the states...

#2282 10 months ago

Had a spare minute took some pics
1) backboard lighting. Used 2 comet matrix 20 LED strips left side blue right side natural white. Used the 2way splitter to connect them. Ran a 6 inch matrix connector wire and connected that to the 44/47 bulb connector.. I installed a color DMD so losing a light socket for power does not affect my backboard display! The LED lights are 2sided taped to a mat black plastic and attached by Velcro to the cabinet!
2)light spinner. Used a 555 spotlight to light borrowed power from above drop target light
3)Keeper Plastic. Drilled hole in bottom right and attached as shown in picture.
Best of luck!

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#2283 10 months ago

Looks great! I too have the CPR plastic set and was considering adding some of those extra pieces to the game.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I wanted to see what can be done about the lack of checking scores, or which player is up, prior to launching a ball. I know that when you're in the middle of an active ball, those details are usually shown, but it sucks not having an easy way to check this before ball launch when the guillotine graphics are flashing.

Other titles have the capability that when the DMD is showing animations or the skill shot graphics, you can hit one or both of the flippers to double check player details and scores, but TFTC is one of the many that do not offer that.

Is there something I'm missing in being able to check this?

And is this something that could be implemented via code? For instance, if say ChadH ever revised his 4.0 code in the future that he could add this feature...

Thanks for any info!

#2284 10 months ago

Do you guys keep any secondary scores?

Here is a couple that the wife and I keep on the whiteboard:

-Highest werewolf score
-Lowest 1 ball score (267k)
-Lowest 3 ball score
-Highest guillotine target score
-Most door prize levels, etc.

I'll snap a pic tonight!

#2285 9 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

Do you guys keep any secondary scores?

I don't keep them written down, but it is a good idea because it tests skills focusing on certain areas or parts of the game. It reminds me of how sometimes I approach a game just going for a particular goal, like on TFTC, just trying to get monster jackpot. Or just go for Crypt Jam. Lately, I've been trying to go for everything all in the same game.

If at first you don't succeed, DIE DIE again!

#2286 9 months ago

Let's see some LEDS and mods!!

20161225_182757 (resized).jpg

20161225_182803 (resized).jpg

#2287 9 months ago

Here's the scoreboard we keep to track a few things. Its a little outdated. I hit CJ on the weekend for a cool 744 Mil. Awesome experience although I might have to turn the game up because I couldn't hear the music with the multiball going. Great game. Now I just need to play the organ!

thumb (resized).jpg

#2288 9 months ago

Great mods Robert, I like the cabinet decals on the inside. A lot of cool small touches with the leds too!

#2289 9 months ago

PIN2DMD LED display!

» YouTube video

#2290 9 months ago
Quoted from Crash:

PIN2DMD LED display!
» YouTube video

Looks good but colors don't seem vibrant

#2291 9 months ago

They are, camera doesn't do it justice. It really pops.

#2292 9 months ago

I installed the color DMD Led ... Really love the brick graphics , where did you get them?

image (resized).jpeg

#2293 9 months ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Let's see some LEDS and mods!!

Looks like you could use my Leg Light-Ups to put some light on the coindoor side.

#2294 9 months ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks like you could use my Leg Light-Ups to put some light on the coindoor side.

What's are leg light ups?

#2296 9 months ago

I'm coming for that high score seven

IMG_6015 (resized).JPG

#2297 9 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

I'm coming for that high score seven

Man that is fantastic! I love it! Great score you got there BTW. Which code are you running? Because my 3 billion + score was on the old 3.03 code, since then I think my top is only 1.5 billion or so with the v 4.0 code. So technically you're very close to my current 4.0 code high score. I don't think I posted the 4.0 score on here yet but I should.

#2298 9 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Man that is fantastic! I love it! Great score you got there BTW. Which code are you running? Because my 3 billion + score was on the old 3.03 code, since then I think my top is only 1.5 billion or so with the v 4.0 code. So technically you're very close to my current 4.0 code high score. I don't think I posted the 4.0 score on here yet but I should.

4.0. Yup you should!

Couple of things I noted with my high score progression since I owned my pin:

-Couldn't have got this score if I didn't use silicone lube on the spinners, the spinners just rip and its the only realistic way to complete frightmare and get a good CJ
-I took the cliffy off as it was stopping shots, right now I have some vinyl adhesive with some gorilla tape to protect the hole (i know) but the ball actually drops in like it should rather than rolling around the outkicker. Also when the ball comes down from the bumpers sometimes hitting the little edge would send the ball right down the middle.
-tweaked the tombstone sensitivity as good hits weren't registering - sometimes it still doesn't register but that can cost you mega points
-As you noted seven the multiplier bonus, mystery doors and generally max bonus (one killion) on targets really stacks on your longer plays/balls
-Every single high score I got was with 2 axtra (captive ball and extra creature feature)

In all honesty getting anything higher is very unlikely as I had luck on my side on this run.

#2299 9 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

4.0. Yup you should!
-I took the cliffy off as it was stopping shots, right now I have some vinyl adhesive with some gorilla tape to protect the hole (i know) but the ball actually drops in like it should rather than rolling around the outkicker. Also when the ball comes down from the bumpers sometimes hitting the little edge would send the ball right down the middle.

I need to do this too... My cliffy was brand new about a year ago, and since then it has bent a little and that causes the ball to be occasionally stopped at the scoop, or as you said gets directed to drain down the middle. I could only imagine how much easier it was to activate modes prior to cliffys being put on. I'm just waiting for a rainy day and a friend with experience to stop by and help me bondo the damage around the hole and apply a new cliffy altogether. I know how to install the cliffy, it's the wood repair that I'm not an expert at.

Also, my post above didn't get a response and has since been buried... Do you guys have a problem with checking the scores, which player is up, etc. when the skill shot guillotine targets are running before launch? I wish there was a way to check these details prior to launching a ball. Is this something that can be implemented via code in the future?

#2300 9 months ago

Dave, I am in the same spot, need to take some real time to add some of that liquid wood to fix the current damage.

On your question about the score/status check, I believe you can hold down the right flipper button and get the scores/status while you are waiting to launch the ball, no?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
£ 32.00
$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 239.99
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 2.50
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
There are 2580 posts in topic. You are on page 46 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside